Suggestions for Alternate Axe 1 Animation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anubris.8591

Anubris.8591

Robert Gee in a different thread said he welcomes suggestions for alternate animations for the Axe 1 Animation (“A1A”). So I was hoping we could gather some feedback, and with any luck, get an A1A that is superior to the current one by the time HOT launches (or shortly thereafter).

Here is my two cents:

Make the A1A a variation of the Ghastly Claw Animation (“GCA”). Here’s the breakdown of the animation sequence:

(1) Necro raises its right hand towards the enemy and releases its grip. Hand is turned comfortably at a diagonal, slanted 45 degree angle with the thumb pointing up and to the left. Axe follows the hands positioning.

(2) Axe does a quick double upward swing. The red claw animation on the enemy syncs with the axe animation – cutting from bottom right upward towards the up left region twice.

(3) Reverse sequence (2) to (1) to return to starting position. Repeat (1) to (2), then (2) to (1) for continuous attacks. Modify arm, hand, and axe positioning and movement as needed for attacks made while moving to and fro.

Robert, will this work?

What does everyone think?

(edited by Anubris.8591)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezkiel.7059

Ezkiel.7059

I think it have more to do with frames and linking those to animations so not sure.
The way i see it getting animation right gave them quite headache so they decided to just dump ‘working’ version instead of appealing one.

Rather then trying to fit existing animations i’d say it would be far easier to make new one XD

Something with proper 2x cuts instead of this ‘Am i holding this weapon right’ animation.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cyclone_Axe

Maybe a slightly modified version of this could work?

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I would like to have a link to that thread, or at least a pointer towards it if you know where it is. The reason being I’m wondering if he would consider reworking any core functionalities.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

I would like to have a link to that thread, or at least a pointer towards it if you know where it is. The reason being I’m wondering if he would consider reworking any core functionalities.

Link to the post OP is referring to:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Axe-auto-still-bad-10/first#post5545064

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

I actually never used Axe till since a few weeks ago now, but I wonder how the old animations looked like. Can’t seem to find anything related on the webz.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Axe is just outdated. Even dagger cleaves now. They just need to rework the auto entirely to fall in line with other melee weapons. Unique is not always good.

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

I actually never used Axe till since a few weeks ago now, but I wonder how the old animations looked like. Can’t seem to find anything related on the webz.

You’ll be interested in seeing this comparison that was made in the first thread:

For those, who will never forget and never forgive:

The Good ==> The Ugly

Good Asura ==> Ugly Asura
Good Charr ==> Ugly Charr
Good Norn ==> Ugly Norn
Good Males ==> Ugly Males
Good Females ==> Ugly Females

Link to original post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Axe-skill-1/page/6#post5360460

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Oh my, I didn’t know it was that bad compared to the old ones :o

Thanks a lot for the links btw, kudos!

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Thanks for the link, it was quite informative.

I wouldnt have any sort of double swing action. Combine the damage into one attack. My version would have the right hand, palm up, take a swipe at the enemy from right to left. Then the sequence starts over by swinging from left to right, palm down. So halfway through the animation the horizontal swinging axe would start to turn upwards into a vertical position, then back down into a horizontal one. I would definitely have the attack grant 2% life force instead of 2 vuln stacks. Or maybe both! :O

2 cents, of mine it is.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I want something that looks good with the axe legendaries.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

I wish the axe animation was more fierce. I especially dislike the human female one, it looks like you’re grooming a horse>.>

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

Yeah, the human female animation looks particularly bad. :\

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Male Norn animation is awesome, because it looks like an actual slashing animation. But the Female animations on Norn, Sylvari, and Humans are awful. They’re like… waving a wand, or something.

They should change all the animations to resemble slashing, like the Male Norn.