(edited by Dhogoth.1856)

[Video] Sinister Fractals

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaroua.2714

Zaroua.2714

Spite 132
Curses 211
Soul Reaper 323

Food is pizza or koi cake, no reason to get 70 extra precision when 40% condi duration is such a humongous increase to your bleed, poison and burn damage. Toxic crystal could be a DPS increase, not sure.

Signet of Spite is for power builds, use Corrosive Poison Cloud instead.

Use Nightmare runes: you’re doing condi damage with 3 different conditions. Not sure which would be more DPS for sigils between earth, malice and bursting, but I’m fairly certain geomancy beats them all since it’s 6 stacks of bleed in an AoE. Corruption’s not too great in fractals since there’s some fractals where you won’t fully charge it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

If I’m honest the video was cool but the dmg seems… kind of low. Nothing that you’re personally doing just that I think necro’s need a bleed boost. Especially since you can get 6-10k crit from DS1 alone with a power build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MoonStoneX.9245

MoonStoneX.9245

Spite 132
Curses 211
Soul Reaper 323

311 Spite is better for a Sinister Condi build since you know you’re not using an Axe nor a Focus.

I would agree that 211 is better is you plan on using Dhuumfire but honestly I find Dhuumfire really bad even after this patch.

again If you are going Dhuumfire 323 seems like the right way to go. I personally didnt go w/ Dhuumfire so went Bloodmagic instead.

Signet of Spite is superior to Corrosive Poison Cloud in boss fights. But I can see Corrosive Poison Cloud uses w/ trash but w/ Epidemic I don’t think it all that useful.

in Necromancer

Zaroua.2714

Spite 132
Curses 211
Soul Reaper 323

311 Spite is better for a Sinister Condi build since you know you’re not using an Axe nor a Focus.

I would agree that 211 is better is you plan on using Dhuumfire but honestly I find Dhuumfire really bad even after this patch.

again If you are going Dhuumfire 323 seems like the right way to go. I personally didnt go w/ Dhuumfire so went Bloodmagic instead.

Signet of Spite is superior to Corrosive Poison Cloud in boss fights. But I can see Corrosive Poison Cloud uses w/ trash but w/ Epidemic I don’t think it all that useful.

The focus and axe traits don’t require you to wield the weapon to get the bonus.

Corrosive Poison Cloud does over 15k damage every 20 seconds without vulnerability or might stacks, pretty sure that’s more than the passive or the active from Signet of Spite.

Dhuumfire does 5k+ burn dmg on top of the 3-4k dmg on crit. It’s a hell of a lot better than spamming scepter OR staff auto attacks, so you’re better off sitting shroud while you wait on ability cooldowns.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

Spite 132
Curses 211
Soul Reaper 323

The focus and axe traits don’t require you to wield the weapon to get the bonus.

Corrosive Poison Cloud does over 15k damage every 20 seconds without vulnerability or might stacks, pretty sure that’s more than the passive or the active from Signet of Spite.

Dhuumfire does 5k+ burn dmg on top of the 3-4k dmg on crit. It’s a hell of a lot better than spamming scepter OR staff auto attacks, so you’re better off sitting shroud while you wait on ability cooldowns.

Where do you see 5k damage on Dhuumfire? I have about 2050 condition damage and that’s what I get for the full 3 seconds:

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

Either way, 1350 damage life blast + whatever raw damage I might do with a condition armor (no ferocity) feels kinda weak while I could invest those points in a traitline like blood magic instead.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’m looking over the damage rotation and the build up is extremely slow. I’m also noticing you’re getting a bit of damage from allies. I’ve done some testing myself and I can safely say that dhuumfire isn’t worth taking. You end up losing allot of damage for staying in death shroud that long.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

Could try swapping the runes to “Mad kings”. Swap one malice sigil for earth (66% chance of bleed on hit) this synergies with barbed precision (a further 33% chance of bleed on hit)

Use epic minion, summoning the minion will trigger the rune (also work’s on charge 40 sec CD 45 sec rune cool-down) to activate a 13 hit attack with a bird flock, they all bleed on hit (13 stacks and have a further 2 chances to inflict bleed with the above stated sigil and trait, making a possible bleed stack of 39 from this attack alone… This is also AoE 5 targets, meaning a maximum possible condition application of 195 across all targets.)

You will have approximate 5 seconds of up-time with this skill allowing further application of bleeding. My personal approach is to use signet of Spite, to condition dump on my primary target then follow with minion charge, scepter 3 dagger 5 Epidemic. This provided the primary target with a a huge condition spike and all targets close with a equally sizable bleed dump, the end of the combo (epidemic) spreads the love to all AoE targets.

If you really want to push the stacks to the max, drop staff and take Axe/Focus, Use focus skill 4 and Axe skill 2 to create 14 stacks of Vunerability and another 11 hits that all have 2 chances to apply bleed (assuming you put the sigil of earth on the Axe or focus, I also use sigil of Geomancy on both sets, so on weapon swap i apply another 3 stacks of bleed aoe)

Why vulnerability? because post patch it increases condition damage by 1% per stack (14% total here)
Why axe, its crap? – Well yes it is, but these sigils/runes trigger “on hit” not on skill use so more hits shorter period over dagger.

Side notes: War horn is elite with this trait/sigil combo, as all ticks are “hits” and aoe. Warhorn better synergises with dagger, as the axe is single target and the dagger has 2 target cleave.
I also run Blood magic over soul reaping, because life steal! also perfect synergy with with blood bond (cast sigil of suffering on one random target who gets 4 or more stacks of bleed meaning free heal) also all life steal heals party.. and because well of suffering, yet more vulnerability, more AoE and more party support using vampiric wells, (protection on cast to all ally’s and also siphons health)

All hits trigger a heal also, so the mad king rune = free heal 13×32×5 2080 heal, for party (as its life steal) (currently at work so unsure what the exact tick is from the life steal, it may be higher)

Enjoy

(edited by Liege Tai.8249)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Could try swapping the runes to “Mad kings”. Swap one malice sigil for earth (66% chance of bleed on hit) this synergies with barbed precision (a further 33% chance of bleed on hit)

Use epic minion, summoning the minion will trigger the rune (also work’s on charge 40 sec CD 45 sec rune cool-down) to activate a 13 hit attack with a bird flock, they all bleed on hit (13 stacks and have a further 2 chances to inflict bleed with the above stated sigil and trait, making a possible bleed stack of 39 from this attack alone… This is also AoE 5 targets, meaning a maximum possible condition application of 195 across all targets.)

Mad King triggers the ranger’s Hunter’s Call when activating your elite, which does 16 hits but only on up to 3 targets and it doesn’t inflict bleeding on its own.

Also, since Barbed Precision was nerfed to 33% chance on crit you can’t stack of lot of bleeding with it anymore, even with full sinister and multi hit channeled skills.

in Necromancer

Zaroua.2714

Where do you see 5k damage on Dhuumfire? I have about 2050 condition damage and that’s what I get for the full 3 seconds:

Should’ve mentioned that nearing 4-5k dmg is fully buffed with the setup I recommended, aka a 5½ seconds burn.

Also, your Life Blast should crit for about 4k when fully buffed, so looking at 3-4k dmg per life blast is a good figure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: rivurivurivurivu.3041

rivurivurivurivu.3041

Spite 132
Curses 211
Soul Reaper 323

ingame its says only axe skills get the 10% increased damage :S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dhogoth.1856

Dhogoth.1856

Thanks for the hints guys, I’ll try them and update the build soon.

Brazillian guild: White Raven