staff rework(or land spear)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

How would you rework staff?
i would rework it into a more melee based approach, because it dawns one me that 2/4 marks in the staff’s skill list would fit really well into a melee weapon. Chillblains is a really nice slow, which could keep enemies in melee range, and reaper’s mark would be fine as it is. marks instead of having range, they would be applied similarly to how wells are used, directly under the caster’s current position. Could even meld spear/staff into one weapon, keeping wicked spiral, but making it into a different animation to fit a staff, would also mean that the scythe animation stays around until the weapon is stowed(thus perhaps eliminating the desire for a scythe weapon?) the weapon would also get a whirl-pull, like spear#4,
so, we have the auto attack chain on number 1, number 2 wicked spiral under a different name/animation, number 3 would still be chillblains, number 4 would be spear#4 under a different name/animation, and number 5 would be reapers mark.
those are my ideas anyway.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

i think staff is fine as is, just needs a faster cast time + little more life force generation.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

At large, i would keep staff as it is.
Give Mark of Blood its 3rd bleedstack back and increase the direct damage-scaling, so that it becomes more useful for power necs.
And give putrid mark the cleanse on allies back.

thats all i ask for.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Agreed, staff is in a good place for what it is designed to do. Ax needs rework in my opinion and dagger life siphon skill as well. If the conjecture is true, then we add greatsword to our mix and if done well will solve a number of problems (not all mind you, but a number)

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Staff is good at what it was designed for but Necromancer could use 2 weapons: a long range single target dps weapon for bosses like Tequatl and a short range condi-dps weapon with cleave, bleeds, a leap or twirl, maybe torment and blind to complement scepter.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

well it’s a good thing i said or land spear. i’m basically tired of using staff, it does absolutely nothing for me.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.