thanks for ruining wells

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

at first we had the chance to choose if the wells are place-able from range or under your feet, now it’s a forced placement from range.
i really hate it when things get forced after 3 years of playing differently, it seems like they love to make things more complicated and annoying then ever before.

i had the click->cast setup for a reason, it’s so i can focus more on the battle then occupying my mouse with a placement well.
sure i use marks but at least i can focus on marks, wells should never be forced as placements.

ether have it as a choice/trait or completely remove it, this pretty much ruins my character, a character i had fun with for so long.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I have to agree here. I really preferred the non-targeted wells because I loved to just run into stuff and drop my wells instantly. It would be nice to have the option to change it back.

I wouldn’t say it ruins things for me, but it’s definitely a nuisance.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ringil QV.4269

Ringil QV.4269

. seriously man?

it’s so difficult to place it at your feet or where you want durnig a combat?
the “placing well” trait was a forced choise! and a waste for another unused trait.

i LOVE this change.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

If you double click on the skill, it still casts at your feet,

if you have it as hotkey, you can simply set the option to have it cast on key release, meaning it you just have to release the key while you quickly hover over yourself.

its honestly not hard to adapt to, and its alot better than having to be forced into a trait to be able to ground target, since alot of people prefer that way anyways

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

sorudo.9054

if you have it as hotkey, you can simply set the option to have it cast on key release, meaning it you just have to release the key while you quickly hover over yourself.

its honestly not hard to adapt to, and its alot better than having to be forced into a trait to be able to ground target, since alot of people prefer that way anyways

double tap only casts it where the cursor is, , when i am busy casting marks i seriously have no time also thinking of well placements, with daggers i don’t even want to bother with target casting.
also, just because “allot of players prefer it that way anyways” doesn’t mean it should be changed, with that logic they can just as much change whole classes and remove a whole bunch of skills because allot of players don’t use them anyways.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

It’s because of this change, I’m using Wells again. Maybe there should be an option you can toggle between the old and new system.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Wow it takes that much mental space for you to cast marks? I’d like to see you attempt to play ele.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Do you even staff bro?

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Lel these forums can be tough
anyway, just adapt man

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Wow it takes that much mental space for you to cast marks? I’d like to see you attempt to play ele.

Not like your actually aiming anything as a dd ele.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I don’t click my abilities, I have an mmo mouse. I did set it to fast cast. Problem is when you are in a large group with lots of particle effects it’s very difficult to even see where the cursor is when you do that. I might end up just changing it back. It’s annoying but I suppose since my necro is an alt I don’t care too much and it’s not the end of the world.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

This thread… “ruining wells” when they just buffed it, cuz untargetable wells were 100% useless, gg. Peoples are really complaining for nothing, wow.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

This thread… “ruining wells” when they just buffed it, cuz untargetable wells were 100% useless, gg. Peoples are really complaining for nothing, wow.

Well, Necromancers didn’t become as dead as people had hoped, so now they need to stretch harder to make things sound worse.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

ether have it as a choice/trait or completely remove it, this pretty much ruins my character, a character i had fun with for so long.

I would very much like to watch you play. Your level of e-sport must be off the charts if a single extra click for long cd utility skills is the deciding factor between “fun” and “ruined”.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I find it annoying to have to place them i must admit

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

There are instances where placing them simply point blank is optimal and others where ground-targetting is a necessity.

A QoL solution would be to allow for additional hotkeys that place ground-targetted skills centered on the caster, e.g. skill hotkey combined with some functional key (shift/ctr) casts the centered aoe spell.

Leman

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

As someone who runs 49/50 fractals this is a g0d send. Having to take a trait..(wasting 2 traits was awful) I for one am glad about this.. and i don’t find having to place wells taxing at all.. i have my ults key bind so i only have to press the button and place it in a second. Wells in melee was suicidal.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

I use semi-quick targeting, which is you hold the key down to target and release it to cast.

I have had approximately 0 issues with Wells using this setting, I just quickly tap the key with the cursor around my character and it’s done.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

I can see where you’re coming from, but they are by no means “ruined”. I love that it is baseline now. It can be annoying to cast them at your feet, but being able to place them at range for free is a pure win. Also, being able to place them slightly offset where your opponent(s) will most likely go is invaluable. It’s very important while fighting on points.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

You should try playing bearbow, it’d be right up your alley.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

sorudo.9054

yeah, because just imagine ppl playing things different then you do, just imagine ppl having different preference then you do, the world would explode….

seriously, i play how i play and if this change ruins it for me don’t undermine it just because it’s fine for you.
i want it as click cast, not click point click cast.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

So just set it to click cast as suggested. You just need to have your mouse cursor on the right spot. And if you lose sight of your cursor, get gw2cursor.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

You should try playing bearbow, it’d be right up your alley.

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

This reminds me of a thread I saw in the Thief forums where people were complaining about having to use an F2 hotkey for their stolen ability, even though it provided additional flexibility. I don’t want to tell anyone how to play, but I have an extraordinarily difficult time empathizing with anyone who doesn’t want to put in a bit of extra effort for free flexibility on a skill.

I thought someone said double-clicking puts it at your feet. If you want to actually click an ability to cast, now you just have to double click, not click-point-click.

I think at the very least, this is a good representation of the fact that you legitimately can’t please everyone with… anything, really.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

thanks for ruining wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: splatticus.1278

splatticus.1278

Do like everyone else has been doing since launch and learn how to use your mouse cursor. If that’s too hard for you, then the problem is with your lack of skill, not the mechanics of the game. Making all those traitable ground target skills in the game baseline is one of the best things Anet’s done, please don’t petition for them to reinstate those kittened traits.