Best gear for rangers

Best gear for rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

Hey guys I just started a new character and I want to know what gear I should buy for my ranger, what stats to pick, accessories, etc..
if I should use a specific set of armor or mix and when I reach level 80 if I should pick something else

Thanks for the help:)

Best gear for rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

When leveling just use whatever you can get your hands on (buy new karma gear from hearts whenever you can, karma is basically used for nothing but that). When you’re level 80, things split out into what kind of content you want to do (raids, WvW, etc.) and you’ll have different questions then.

General rule of thumb for leveling and PvE, damage is always good.

Best gear for rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

You can spend the karma you get from leveling your char without hesitation. If you can get your hands on specific damage equipment, go for it. power, ferocity and precision go good with greatsword/sword and longbow, if you can get your hands on condition damage axe/torch and shortbow is the way to go. If you have random mixed stats you can always run something like greatsword and axe/torch. Use bears and drakes as pets. I think the best choice is a drake as 1st and a bear as 2nd pet to which you swap when you encounter for example veterans. Even with just mixed equipment traps deal nice AoE damage early on. I would recommend going at least skirmishing (trap-trait/spotter/quickdraw) and beastmastery or wilderness survival at first, depending on the heal skill you want to use. As for utilities try to unlock signet of the hunt (movement speed) and flame trap and vipers nest first, can’t go wrong with that and it’ll serve you well, even if your main stat is power. Hope that helps a bit.

Best gear for rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Well, for leveling, Glass cannon (= full offensive = Power-precision-ferocity or condition damage-precision-X) is probably the best choice. Your pet will tank most of the damage regardless.

When you are lvl 80, you should definitely aim for Berserker’s (Power,Prec,Fero).
Viper hybrid set is fine, too (Condi damage, Power, Precision, Condi Duration).

If you do not seek efficiency or you do not want to be as much help as you can – this is probably the best “casual” way to go around without being a burden.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/PvE-WvW-Bleed-druid/

Happy hunting.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Best gear for rangers

in Ranger

InvaGir.9158

Thanks for all the help I do want to focus on DPS more than anything else so I will go with the berserker.
I just wanted to be sure about what I’m going to use and not to pick random stats that will probably get me killed frequently

Best gear for rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Thanks for all the help I do want to focus on DPS more than anything else so I will go with the berserker.
I just wanted to be sure about what I’m going to use and not to pick random stats that will probably get me killed frequently

Berserker will often get you killed. It’s, however, the best set for practice.
The content is made around active damage mitigation in terms of stealth, aegis, Protection boon and most importantly – evade mechanic.
This game doesn’t promote triangle game-style of Tank-Healer-DPS. Everyone is a DPS or support (usually offensive support)

You as a ranger have a hard challenge in front of you since Sword weapon is the one with the highest DPS as well as the most risky mechanic of rooted attack chain (requires practice to stop attacking in order to evade).
But sword also has an in-built evade mechanic that you can use to avoid damage.

PvE world of Guild Wars 2 works around as much DPS as you can get. Because of a very basic logic.
The sooner your target dies – the less damage it deals.
Defensive stats from items are not worth the DPS drop. Let’s say you’ll get 3000 more HP from items. That will help you survive 1 more attack. But for that to happen you need to sacrifice around 20% of your damage that is much more than 1 attack of your enemy.
Plus… By dodging or evading an attack – you take no damage at all which is far more beneficial than tanking the hit.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Best gear for rangers

in Ranger

InvaGir.9158

Berserker will often get you killed. It’s, however, the best set for practice.
The content is made around active damage mitigation in terms of stealth, aegis, Protection boon and most importantly – evade mechanic.
This game doesn’t promote triangle game-style of Tank-Healer-DPS. Everyone is a DPS or support (usually offensive support)

You as a ranger have a hard challenge in front of you since Sword weapon is the one with the highest DPS as well as the most risky mechanic of rooted attack chain (requires practice to stop attacking in order to evade).
But sword also has an in-built evade mechanic that you can use to avoid damage.

PvE world of Guild Wars 2 works around as much DPS as you can get. Because of a very basic logic.
The sooner your target dies – the less damage it deals.
Defensive stats from items are not worth the DPS drop. Let’s say you’ll get 3000 more HP from items. That will help you survive 1 more attack. But for that to happen you need to sacrifice around 20% of your damage that is much more than 1 attack of your enemy.
Plus… By dodging or evading an attack – you take no damage at all which is far more beneficial than tanking the hit.

I found defensive stats to be very useful actually since dodging and evading are limited(not hard)
but yeah I will focus on DPS anyways the more power I have the better
I’m using the LB more than my sword anyways and my pet usually takes all the hits so…yeah:P

Thanks again

Best gear for rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

If you are interested in fighting other people, you might want to think about celestial. For the computer, Viper and berserker are great. I’ve always thought it was fun to use conditions, so for me Viper > Berserker.

The defensive stats are for fighting non-AI opponents. Personally, I used PvE mostly to practice mechanical knowledge needed for PvP and WvW. In which case you may want to think twice about damage only gear. It is probably best to build 2 sets of great. 1 for killing humans, the other for the computer.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons