Druid event credit/wvw loot bags?

in Ranger

Posted by: sonja.4810

sonja.4810

I love the druid preview, the the only question I have is how is a Druid going to get credit for events, bosses, and wvw loot bags?

I’m all for the heals and new direction you are giving players (excited even) but if I keep everyone else alive and get no credit for something I’m also helping a group achieve, I’m not going to be playing a support spec for long in the open world and wvw.

I know you can still deal damage but when a large amount of people attack or a large number of mobs come into play it seems like that is when you need to be in your Avatar state helping your allies survive and not hitting anything with damaging abilities to tag them. This is when you as a Druid would be missing out on your own loot and event credit.

Am I missing changes to how credit is earned or is everything still tag (damage based) in Hot? Or are there plans to change it?

in Ranger

Posted by: King Nathan Walker.9831

King Nathan Walker.9831

I was wondering this too. Now that support is going to be more viable in the newer content I hope they add some sort of assist bonus for people who are putting out heavy support.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

What they need to implement is a system where healing someone that has done damage to a player/creature should also give you credit for that player/creatures loot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Get a party? If you’re in a party, you only need to do like 100 damage to get credit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

On any other class it would definitely be a huge problem.

On Ranger? Pets exist. Your pet will do enough damage in most cases to get you event credit just fine. There’s a reason why botting with Rangers is a thing.

The only potential problem area will be large zerg events with huge swarms of smaller enemies, but those types of encounters don’t really need large-scale heals anyway. Enemies melt so fast that most players won’t be taking much damage in the first place, and the few occasions where a player does get focused down you probably wouldn’t have been able to outheal the damage anyway. Easy to rally in those situations as well, even if allies do go down.

Can’t really speak to WvW specifically, as that’s not a mode I generally partake in.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

I think this is going to be a big problem for druid players in WvW. Your pet is not a reliable way to tag enemies, and you’re going to be focused more on keeping your team alive than trying to get the odd hit in on an enemy. How will I receive loot bags and compensation for my help?

in Ranger

Posted by: sonja.4810

sonja.4810

I can understand just forgoing healing events as they are now but in a video it was said that the new area is going to be tougher and you are going to need to watch yourself and use strategies. I get where you are coming from now, because events are really easy and you barely have to touch your heals, but in HoT this sounds like its going to change.

WvW is going to be a lost cause because there is going to be no way to focus your team and heal unless you just completely ignore your F5 skill which is where all of your life saving abilities are and if that is the case then there is no reason to bring a druid spec if you are just going to use half of it and do mediocre damage/healing you are better off just going full DPS and kill the enemy faster.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Can’t really speak to WvW specifically, as that’s not a mode I generally partake in.

No one in their right mind would even make an open world PvE bot anymore. The amount of hours it would have to run to make any sort of money is insane. I mean that’s what bots are for, insane hours, so I’m sure people still try.

Anywho,

Fact: You do not tag things in PvE zergs as a beast master or condi ranger. Pets don’t even reach the PvE targets before they die.

Fact: Fully equipped condi characters usually don’t tag things in WvW zergs. Most of my non-ranger characters have exotic/ascended condi gear and they don’t tag anything at all in zergs. There is no way a single target, AI, dead in .015 seconds pet is going to get you any loot in WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Druid + Marksmanship

Moment of Clarity + Lead the Wind

Tag stuff with longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

It won’t. One of the many flaws with the whole concept.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

On Ranger? Pets exist. Your pet will do enough damage in most cases to get you event credit just fine. There’s a reason why botting with Rangers is a thing.

The only potential problem area will be large zerg events with huge swarms of smaller enemies, but those types of encounters don’t really need large-scale heals anyway. Enemies melt so fast that most players won’t be taking much damage in the first place, and the few occasions where a player does get focused down you probably wouldn’t have been able to outheal the damage anyway. Easy to rally in those situations as well, even if allies do go down.

LOLLLL, while people kill like 20 foes from 1200 range in 2 secs, you expect that slow pet to hit anything in time?

You expect too much from pets…

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Get a party? If you’re in a party, you only need to do like 100 damage to get credit.

That is such a ridiculous statement for over 80% of the servers and players who are forced to play alone.

We just lost our ability to get loot if we “want” take a spec that supposedly heals and doesn’t do the damage we need and others are providing .

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

WvW is what the OP is talking about, so your whole posting is very sadly wrong especially in view that WvW pets have half the life of their PvE counterpart/self.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Actually i was able to do kills in WvW, it seems we need to tag less damage when using staff. Can’t be sure though.

*When i mean kills i mean bags.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!