Frost spirit nerfed, what?

in Ranger

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I keep hearing all this stuff recently about the frost spirit got nerfed or something, what exactly happened?

in Ranger

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

10 sec ICD. You can reroll necro, if you want to.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If you’re a heavy dungeon runner, I wouldn’t. Even just having Spotter leaves you in a better spot than necros for that.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I keep hearing all this stuff recently about the frost spirit got nerfed or something, what exactly happened?

You mean like in the thread below this one that explains what happened? Yea, I heard about it there too.

in Ranger

oxtred.7658

If you’re a heavy dungeon runner, I wouldn’t. Even just having Spotter leaves you in a better spot than necros for that.

A 150 precision boost won’t compensate for the dps loss, especially since the group dps will be lower after the fgs nerf. Necros stack vuln better, have far better dps not relying on a pet, boon hate, cc, and good condition application to proc other classes multipliers. What rangers have for them is a short reflect, a fire field, great fury uptime, vuln bursting, good conjure use and entangle for soft cc. They both have niche uses now, and stacking another ele will be vastly superior than a ranger in the future meta. FS was powerful because it was a free damage boost to fgs users, now that both fgs and fs are nerfed rangers are really in danger for dungeons.

in Ranger

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Just a quick question, but does Boon Hate have any relevance at all in dungeons right now? I think one or two dungeon enemies use boons and all of them spam said boons. CC is likewise rather worthless as the enemies don’t move from melee range and Fear (the non-snare CC necros have) screws up stack&smack.

Vulnerability stacking is better, if it’s not already being covered in the group, I’ll give you that. So, it’s “do we want more vuln stacking or do we want more crits?” for if you want a necro or ranger.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Ranger

oxtred.7658

Frifox did some tests and traited frost spirit is according to him a 0.86% dps boost now. That’s less than a vuln stack. Boon hate has its niche use in some places, like COE ( I’m already a supporter of necros in coe even in this meta for casual runs, make things much faster) HOTW, and some fractals. Quite useless, but they have good underwater DPS as well ( hotw 2,3) Fear is mainly used for breaking defiants, and they have unblocable fear that goes through it, that makes them, like mesmers, really useful for interrupting key attacks. The 6-7% damage boost ( I believe) from spotter isn’t enough to justify taking a ranger in most places. And yes, I totally disagree with this change.

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

i got one word for you, Archeage, that is all. 2 years and you still keeping your hopes up with anet, lol. Same as always, they give us 1 buff and 2 nerf and the class still in the bottom of the food chain.

in Ranger

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah, this change to Frost Spirit makes the skill 100% useless.

Still, HotW is not a spot for boon-hate, since the only boss that uses them (path 1) has 3 second reapplication rate. No use in burning the cast time of a boon strip skill for the purpose of boon stripping in that situation. Underwater damage, though, I will agree with you entirely. Necros are gods underwater.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Ranger

oxtred.7658

3 sec is enough for a fgs burn. And in the next meta, it’ll be useful in pugs, following that scenario:
group aggro boss, los him near the retal turret, they cleave both, retal turret die, necro uses boon strip, it’s pretty effective.

I’m aware it’s not much, or we would see more, but sadly, if you won’t take a necro in hotw, you won’t take a ranger either.

in Ranger

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Yeah, this change to Frost Spirit makes the skill 100% useless.

Still, HotW is not a spot for boon-hate, since the only boss that uses them (path 1) has 3 second reapplication rate. No use in burning the cast time of a boon strip skill for the purpose of boon stripping in that situation. Underwater damage, though, I will agree with you entirely. Necros are gods underwater.

I’m going to sound stupid for asking this, but what exactly is the change/makes it useless? Some of these abbreviations I do not know lol

in Ranger

oxtred.7658

10 sec ICD ( internal cooldown). It means that the damage boost will proc once every 10 seconds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tatsujin.2963

Tatsujin.2963

Seems like whenever I find something useful, it goes and gets nerfed – what’s the point in using it now? Spirits were subpar before, at least one was useful. Time to find another new build I guess.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

There is no use to using spirits in pve anymore. Rather than fix water and frost spirit, they nerfed frost to reflect water. GG