Hyjaxx's Re-Port331 ( The new hotness!)

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Salutations folks! i cant tell you how excited i am with our changes! i have adapted my condi-gen313 and Faux’s new build and giving it the name Re-port331 (regen/support 0-0-30-30-10)

Besides changing around the build, i removed my settlers trinkets and went back to apothecary (all other armor/weps are settlers)
Im running Altruism Runes. ill post the actual build shortly but this is what it gives me

2100 toughness
20.5k hp
1500 condi dmg
1150 healing
40% cond duration (this is buffed with food and stuff)
25% boon duration

permanent Regen and Swiftness (with my traits my regen is always above 1min and that goes the the whole group!)

with the runes im able to give might and fury with my healing spring. Suddenly my ranger has the same damage ( sans the pet) and survivability except now im able to load the group up with amazing buffs!

now my pets while doing a little less damage..are lasting way longer because of using guard me.

my 7,8,9 are ltn rflx,guard,regen signet with entangle elite.

my weps are S/D A/T with on swap Bleeds for both sets, and End fill on foe demise and corruption sigil on the other.

So far i prefer this set up more then i did my condi-gen313 …and i loved that one!

I have had a chance to run some camps and fight some folks ( thieves,mesmers and guardians) and I am able to drop em faster then before and despite not having the dwayna runes and only 10 in BM (loss of healing power) I am staying full hp most the time.

give it a try let me know what you think.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMQQRAsY3fnEVUZZXQKWgaZAp9ITMPM5VYWcP8vRJEPY1nH-jUCBodDimYI0kHBKvrIasFhFRjVPDQ1ATtaR1eFMa1CBsYNA-w

(please note that this IS the updated info. although they still diddnt have settlers trinkets ect. but its fairly close)

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

(edited by hyjaxxx.1584)

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

I will give it a try… it’s better than my other idea of not playing anymore. Feedback to come in a week or two.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: whitespirit.9734

whitespirit.9734

ok where or where do get settler’s armor and weapons? cause my lack of toughness I think is what is killing me. That and having a hard time with A/D and S/T since I am so used to Gs/Sb.

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

We’re on the same server. Hell, we use the same Teamspeak. Hop on over sometime Khayoss Beats not playing.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

heya faux..how close is this to what you were thinking?

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Hm are you sure it’s 25% boon duration? Shouldn’t it be 45%?

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

Any chance you can link a intothemists.com once its updated?

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Ranger

Posted by: Vhampire.4132

Vhampire.4132

what weapons are u useing? bezerker or invader?

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

you are correct its 45 boon duration and 40 condition duration. for weapons im using Settlers. S/D + A/T

Im guessing you could also do a direct damage version of this build. which would be fun to try with GS + A/A

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: UprightMan.9631

UprightMan.9631

Color me interested. My only gripe is I’d really like to use a bow…

I’ll be watching this for the full on build.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

are the calculators updated? if so ill post it tonight.

for those rangers who are down in the dumps because of the changes…get on you tube and search for “dragon humping vw” it will make your day!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

ok here is the build..but since the site isnt updated there are a couple things missing.

it is not showing the Settlers Weapons or Armor so its light on toughness.

and the new traits arent updated, so i left the 30 pointer for the regen/swift on shouts out.

..you know how you walk into a dumpy bar and in the restroom you see a mark on the wall that says… for a good time call susan…. well this is the Ranger equivalent to that…. if you want a really good kitten kickin time… just push the buttons baby!

The Re-Port331

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.1|7.1f.h1k.f.1f.h5|c.1f.h1k.8.1f.hy|1f.71i.1f.71i.1f.71i.1f.71i.1f.71i.1f.71i|1f.66.1f.66.1f.66.1f.66.1f.66.1d.66|0.0.u38b.u360.a3|30.d|4i.4w.4k.4r.54|e

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: razor.5690

razor.5690

Would you run this build in PvE/Dungeon? Looks intressting

in Ranger

Vhampire.4132

getting settlers is impossble bro..the island has be secured by a ton of ppl and well, being that im on one of the most populated servers and NO ONE wants to do this….what is a good gear alternative?

in Ranger

Vhampire.4132

so far i am running apothecary set instead of settlers cause settelers is going to be almost near impossible to get on my server (tried to guest on two other servers with the same luck). Im doing really well actually lol. 7 of us took on about 20 or so and survived with no prblms…
very good build so far. just need to get some gold to fnish the rest off.

in Ranger

Vhampire.4132

oh and what pets do u use?

in Ranger

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

So nice to see something constructive instead of the endless wails, moans and declarations of “I’m never playing this game again!” or, “ANet why do you hate Rangers?!”

Keep up the good work.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

I said this last week, this is exactly what Anet wants, since all rangers QQ that groups don’t want them, they FORCED the entire class into Spirit tree and group buff role…

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

This is a good build, i was planning to do the same since the leaked notes came out.
Although a lot of people wäre whining about the changes, we true rangers kept our cool and discovered New builds.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Thanks for posting. I look forward to following the evolution of this build, along with Faux’s new build.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Faux is like my Ranger Super hero..it always seems that he and I are always smoking the same pipe in relation to Build ideas ect. he is alot better with the equations and whatnot . Mine always seem to be a more laymans approach to the builds

A couple updates.

For the folks that said Settlers is too hard to get, you can Run Apothecary Weps and Armor, then run settlers trinkets (which are dirt cheap and available at the BLTP)
this will give you more healing and less toughness..but only by 100 or so either way.

In regards to pets ive been running the Fire Drake and Wolf. Drake for the blast finisher ( which is amazing in my healing springs and really adds to our group support)
and his f2 does the same amount of pure damage as the other drake attacks..but then does 3k/5sec Aoe Burn..which is Sexy Time! The Wolf is nice for mad CC, Fear/KD when you use Guard in conjunction with wolf…it springs the KD on people without knowing. then you can Entangle/Bonfire/fear/t4/flamebreath….end of story!

at this point i am in love with this update…it did exactly what it needed to for our class… only bad is SB should be 1k yard and LB should be 1500..with reduced damage if in shorter range.

ive had a chance to fight about 8-9 Bow rangers since the patch and they seem to panic like the changes they have received have them like a deer in the headlamps..none lasted more then 12 seconds…

we can make all specs work..we just have to come together as a community.

Jaxx of GRIM
-Darkhaven-

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Vhampire.4132

have you made any changes to the build from what the calculator shows? If so what changes?

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

the changes are marked in the above posts.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Jaxxx, I like your approach to this “event.”

I have a completely different build, using lb and axe/axe. One thing we have in common is the group support though. I also use pets that compliment this, and are very, very rarely used in actual combat (red moa and siamoth).

Overall, I have found it to be even more enjoyable than my previous build. Although, I do feel that SB is a bit gutted at this point. I am completely in love with the new path of scars though. It starts to go a bit more towards a feasible “combo” system, kind of like the ele has.

I cant say I agree with some of the changes made, but overall, I am having more fun on my ranger than I ever have and I cant deny it. Once I actually start to refine it a bit more, I think it will only increase my enjoyment in the game.

I havent even touched my support guard I am levelling.

edit: here is the build I am using. Lots of little fixes that will happen, and the site isnt updated with the new patch yet, but I think all the trait numbers are correct. Also note that all the gear was for my old build, and while it works decently enough, I will undoubtedly change it around once I get the gold. As I solely play wvw, that will be a LOOOOONG time :P

I know its not perfect, but it compliments me very well, and thats whakittens all about, imo.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Hmm, I would try to lessen the amount of health you have and increase the toughness. With the high amount of healing in the build, it will be pretty easy to refill your health, and be less susceptible to direct damage burst.

But that might just be a personal preference? If you’re facing only one opponent, then you can dodge most/all of their burst. But it’s difficult to do so when facing 2 opponents, ESPCIALLY if they are communicating via VoIP.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

im able to take on 4 people without issue. if they chain immobs it can be a lil rough…but AFAIC this build is kitten near perfect. 2100 toughness and 20k hp and 1200 healing is pretty awesome IMO

EDIT-fomby im not sure if you meant my build or the one listed above your post. so my comment is in regards to my Re-Port331 build.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

(edited by hyjaxxx.1584)

in Ranger

Posted by: Saderic.2961

Saderic.2961

What would you reccomend for a PvE dungeon build? While the healing and survivablity would be nice. One hand sword is is almost counter intutive because of the root on attack causing you to be unable to dodge. I know you can unbind it but that just is frustrating in and of itself. Not to mention ranger condition damage is very subpar in PvE. Would it be possible to switch to a Axe/Torch/Greatsword build and still work well you think? I’m not sure the condition damage would be enough to make it worthwhile, and I wouldn’t want to lose my warhorn’s group utility. I may mess with this some and see if I can make a power/healing/power toughness build out of it.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

for a Direct Damage version of this build you could go GS+ A/A i think that would be sexy time.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Just to be clear on why I even posted my WIP build…

This thread is one of the few that seems “realistic,” in thakittens not the end of the world, but its also not the best patch for rangers.

The WIP build is, very very obviously, not a bunker build (for me, bunker builds are terribly boring). But, I think that this is all just the start of an evolving chain. We are going to start to see new builds that are effective, and while its sad that the SB and pets had to take such a hit in the progress, it is exciting in its own way.

Bunker builds are still out there, more glassy builds are still out there, and everything in between is still out there just waiting for us to find them.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Hi Jaxx,

If you could fix up the OP I’ll add this to the compilation thread too

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

Need moar boon duration!

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

working on some stuff i think people are going to like. give me till tonight for testing and misc kitten kicking and ill post it up!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Salutations folks! i cant tell you how excited i am with our changes! i have adapted my condi-gen313 and Faux’s new build and giving it the name Re-port331 (regen/support 0-0-30-30-10)

Besides changing around the build, i removed my settlers trinkets and went back to apothecary (all other armor/weps are settlers)
Im running Altruism Runes. ill post the actual build shortly but this is what it gives me

2100 toughness
20.5k hp
1500 condi dmg
1150 healing
40% cond duration (this is buffed with food and stuff)
25% boon duration

permanent Regen and Swiftness (with my traits my regen is always above 1min and that goes the the whole group!)

with the runes im able to give might and fury with my healing spring. Suddenly my ranger has the same damage ( sans the pet) and survivability except now im able to load the group up with amazing buffs!

now my pets while doing a little less damage..are lasting way longer because of using guard me.

my 7,8,9 are ltn rflx,guard,regen signet with entangle elite.

my weps are S/D A/T with on swap Bleeds for both sets, and End fill on foe demise and corruption sigil on the other.

So far i prefer this set up more then i did my condi-gen313 …and i loved that one!

I have had a chance to run some camps and fight some folks ( thieves,mesmers and guardians) and I am able to drop em faster then before and despite not having the dwayna runes and only 10 in BM (loss of healing power) I am staying full hp most the time.

give it a try let me know what you think.

Hey Jaxx, by any chance, aren’t you afraid that, by sharing this information, rangers will get nerfed yet again?

in Ranger

Posted by: lBANKAll.2183

lBANKAll.2183

thanks for sharing your builds <3

Attachments:

Commander IBANKAI Lord of Quaggans
[ALS] Anvil’s Last Stand Guild Leader

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

No I’m not worried about them seeing my build and nerfing the class…it seems that only happens when a build is doing good in spvp .

I’ve made some changes for sigals I got rid of my 2 geomancy on swaps and traded em out for the damage and chill ones. And I see a big change! In conjunctions with my poison and weakness the chill really debuffs the target nicely. With the perfect combo of reduced healing,longer cast times,glancing blows and the slowed movement speed. It is most definitely better then just the bleeds.

This build is really turning into something special.

Also I’ve been messing around with fauxs pounce from guard stealth with the wolves and it is sexy time! I’ve been beating up on these silly thieves! Anyhow stay tuned for more testing on my RePort331

Jaxx of GRIM
-Darkhaven-

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

0% crit dmg , 4% crit chance

Good luck against a good d/d ele , good high bunker guardian specced in condi removal. I wish I was facing DH right now, I have 10 people I know who would make you feel REALLY bad about your build and make ya just wanna stop working on it entirely.

Good try though , just won’t work against good players with condi removal. You’ll just stalemate with them or they’ll widdle you down over time and end up winning.

It’ll do well against roamers though.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

(edited by Ryan.8367)

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

I’ve been destroying every person ive faced,I apply conditions too fast to keep them cleansed and I have heal interrupts on deck. This build has very few weak points to it.

Matter of fact I fought a dd Ele lastnight. And while the fight lasted a while. An interrupted heal followed by a knockdown was all it took to quickly swing things in my favor.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

(edited by hyjaxxx.1584)

in Ranger

Posted by: UnClover.6719

UnClover.6719

Why are you using entangling instead of RaO?

in Ranger

Ryan.8367

You fought “A” d/d ele. I play best of their class both in pvp and wvw. Don’t get me started on your little fight you had with one d/d elementalist. No offense, you won’t win against a well played d/d ele like amyrlin serane as a ranger in WvW, no matter what build you put against it.

Like I said, it’s a shame we’re not facing DH as I could line up 10 people to duel you , and it’ll end with you coming back to the forums and saying a couple things along the lines of ‘this build won’t work in 1on1 situations with good players’. I hate to burst this little bubble you got where you’re fighting kitten roamers and calling the build good… It’s the same with faux’s build , all survivability no damage against someone who can cleanse well. You take the conditions out of the picture, you got nothing. The only class that can provide a GOOD d/d ele with condi pressure CONSISTENTLY is an engineer anmd MAYBE just MAYBE a necro now, but not ranger. Sorry =(

Things you need to beat a truly good d/d ele and not the trash you played against in WvW:

1. Extreme burst – Shatter mesmer burst/Phantasm hybrid burst with condition duration for immobs
2. Extreme Condi pressure w/ immobs – Any good engi with a condi build

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

(edited by Ryan.8367)

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

seems like youre just here to bust peoples chops bud. Im here trying to help the community with a fun viable build. as a point of reference though, your number 2. Albeit not extreme i have 1600 condi damage and a ton of Immobs which is where im able to shine.

Secondly…this game isnt about 1 on 1 fighting…its not street fighter. this build does a great job of helping allies and applying pressure in the form of CC and Conditions. with this build you are also able to remove a players ability to sustain via weakness,chill,poison which for a time is able to reduce their viability in a small man skirmish…and that makes all the difference.

if you dont care for my build , you are more then welcome to feel that way as like everyone, im here to learn also.

having said that. if you care to criticize in a positive manner im interested in hearing it. otherwise…quit clogging my thread so others can take a peek.

Jaxx of GRIM
-Darkhaven-

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: salocinn.4120

salocinn.4120

i find your build very creative and interesting!
I have a question for you tho, why are you using A/T S/D instead of A/D S/T?

Aurell Hawk_80 Ranger
Kaze pewpew_80 Elementalist
Fergusons Crossing (Yarr)

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

its funny you ask this now because faux just made a topic about it. lol..small world!

The answer is this…im a creature of habit! i tried splitting my evades and setting up the fields with A/D +S/T but i just felt out of my element. Ive been using A/T + S/D so long that everything else feels funny. also, in GRIM we almost never run with the zerg, we are in 5-10 man skirmish groups and we can become out numbered fairly quickly. so having a set that I can jump into and have a ton of evades to stay safe and apply poisons/bleeds while we regain the upper hand suits my play style.

To make up for the flat footed feel of A/T i always use Ltn Reflexes for the evade and the vigor for dodges, i also have alot of end regen and end fill on kill sigils to keep me safe when im not in S/D

since the patch ive been having this strange thought in my mind…and i know for 1v1 it wouldnt serve a purpose…but in small man skirmish it would be amazing for focus firing is running S/A A/T Running the Axe off hand in a condition build is kinda dumb but i have a feeling that being able to pull a target into AoE/Focus firing might be useful. and im always willing to tinker around to find the next fancy thing. Also the pull acting as an interrupt isnt a bad idea either.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

getting settlers is impossble bro..the island has be secured by a ton of ppl and well, being that im on one of the most populated servers and NO ONE wants to do this….what is a good gear alternative?

Guest to another server……

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

I know Xsorus dueled that ele you’re talking about and (not 100%) I think he won once, then they couldn’t kill each other afterwards. Also I’ve seen a necro kill her too.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

man…what is wrong with you…lol I never said my build was the best..i said I enjoy it..

when i first saw your post i had you tagged as an elitist with an attitude that i could possibly learn something from.. Now i have you marked as a troll. Good day sir.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Ryan.8367

Well if it’s good in groups than that means it is good , where you’re getting carried by everyone else.

1on1 its kitten though , just sayin , don’t need to get mad at me because the truth hurts. I like how you try to act like this is the baddest build out therre and then get demolished with a logical response on why you wouldn’t win against certain classes, then go on to say ‘not everythings 1on1 bro!’ after trying to brag about beating some random trash d/d ele in a duel after advertising your build as a roaming 1on1 build. cool story bro

Christ dude… I’ve been running the same build as Hyjaxx and Faux since Ebay was fighting us. Faux (Menorah) even helped me with questions I had pertaining to the build. I have also had the privilege of dueling a lot of people. The build works wonders in WvW and have had a personal 5+ minute fight with a bunker guardian which I eventually killed. It’s about how you play the build. Having a good build doesn’t automatically make you great. If you really want to wave your kitten around, schedule a PvP duel. Stop dissing a build because you have some friends that can beat people with it.

5+ minute fight, wooooooooo! I’ve never had those with a bunker build before. get the kitten outta here. Listen, boring the person you’re fighting to death doesn’t constitute a good build. Dueling with bunker is about the most boring kittening thing you could do and easiest. Get real.

Hey guys, i have 1,000+ healing with 2k+ toughness, i can eat alot of kitten and live through it and fight for 5-10minutes. Whooptee kittening doo.

Take your training wheels build and get the kitten outta here

These kids get all bent out of shape because the reality is you don’t provide a condi pressure to a good d/d ele and wanna then duel me like I’m gonna give these kids running this training wheels kitten the time of day. You’re just gonna heal through everything I do anyway, and if i RAN the same kitten bunker kitten setup as you , it would just stalemate, so whats the kittening point? That’s the problem when you run sissy kitten builds like full regen bunker with ridiculous healing power, you get lots of stalemates and 10 minute fights, not really that fun yo. The saddest thing is they think this kitten is something new, dawg I was running bunker like this and dueling back in september of 2012 , I stopped doing it cuz limbo 20 minute fights get old. its simple to beat bad kids, but against good players you’ll stalemate or die. that’s the reality with the build you got here. Again, sorry if the truth hurts.

I don’t understand. You’re saying that a good d/d ele running a build that counters this one will win. No kitten? I also don’t understand what constitutes a good build to you. The winner in any pvp scenario is the last one standing. Why you’d knock a build that is designed to do just that is beyond me. I guess guarding a node in spvp with the potential to beat other players 1v1 and hold it’s own vs multiple until help arrives is useless? Not sure what to gather from your posts “dawg”. Is a good build determined solely by it’s burst potential?

You also commented earlier on crit dmg/chance and how this build is bad because it has little to none of either, but it’s a condition build that relies on neither.

I dunno what to say man, #yolo I guess

And then I said against a condi cleansing class where the person is good at doing it, completely counters this build. Do you not read what I write or you just circle jerking for the fun of it?

Listen, it’s quite simple… When you run 1,000+ healing, 2k+ toughness with 20k hp, you quite literally can eat just about anything somebody dishes out without worrying about having to deal with it and can live to tell it. That means you’re running a build that holds your hand for you, it doesn’t mean you’re good at all and in duels they’re boring as kitten because most duels you run bunker. The reason why a well played d/d ele counters this is because they have much better cleansing than the rate you apply condi, hence why I mentioned 0% crit chance and 4% crit dmg , because you got no dmg to backup the cleansing of your conditions to win the fight, it’ll just stalemate or you’ll lose – that’s just a given and they also have much higher dmg output. The issue is you guys run 1,000 healing with 3-4 regens and 2k toughness and 20khp to counter being able to just eat kitten without learning and actually dodging kitten. That’s why you guys don’t run anything lower than that though because if you did, that means you’d have to actually dodge important attacks instead of running through them, right?

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

(edited by Ryan.8367)

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

Your arguing about a build that is proven to win 1v1 fights. The BM bunker build is a roaming build. Played right it can win 99% of 1v1 fights and 1v2 fights. Yes I know some fights will not end, I even ran into a ele where we fought for 5 min then we both kinda stopped and went different ways, knowing it wouldn’t end.

If you’re so brilliant and know everything, enlighten us with what you know is better than the BM bunker build for roaming?

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

So creating a build that allows a player to be durable and support their group is “training wheels”? I dont get it…So we all have to roll Zerker glass builds to be Epic like you?

Lets keep this thread open for people who are interested in asking questions and trying something out.

Also, for those who inquired earlier, I will be doing comparisons between Geo Sigils and chill sigils in Small man skirmish this evening. Ill try to get some video clips of it both ways so we can all discuss it.

Also, testing out different oil for my training wheels…try to work that squeek out of em!

Jaxx Of GRIM
-Darkhaven-

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I know Xsorus dueled that ele you’re talking about and (not 100%) I think he won once, then they couldn’t kill each other afterwards. Also I’ve seen a necro kill her too.

If its the Ele i’m thinking about, Yea I remember that fight, But yea we fought i think 3 or 4 times and it stalemated everytime but once (which I won, and I forget how I did it, I think I caught her with A Drake Blast and Entangle or something at the right moment, I actually fell asleep fighting her at one point cause it was going through the motions) But yea..I was running very defensive setup… I don’t know how this build would fair again her…Probably about the same… With very long drawn out fight..

I think I dueled Ryan also….Ryan I dueled a couple of the people from your guild I believe, were you the Ranger I dueled?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

I appreciate your effort in putting up your build and explaining it. I was quite happy with my Ranger in vanilla PVE where I played for the first 6 months of this game, but recently I started doing WvW, and find it quite a struggle. When I first started WvW, it was with my full maximum crit SB, Sword/torch Zerker build, which got owned pretty quickly.

I have been trying different builds and generally heading in the direction of your build, so I went ahead and adopted it.

I have tried several variations on this build in WvW. It is the best thing I have tried yet, but I think the class still has a long way to go in WvW.

First I tried the build as posted. It was fun running around the WvW map a lot faster, but I can’t really say the regen or swiftness made much difference in combat.

The regen helps marginally dealing with things like siege fire, but I can’t really see where it has made much difference in direct, trading blows, combat.

The swiftness helps with maneuverability, but the trade off is how distracting and cumbersome it is to try and maintain it during combat.

You have to hit the guard button once, aim it, and hit it again, and then remember to hit return to me, if it is mobile battle and you move away from the spot. Combat is so fast paced the few partial seconds you take to do this, takes away from maneuvering and casting, attacking etc.

It works pretty well for me if I am running with a big zerg and can hang back and choose my fights, plink away and finish off already half health unfortunates. You can survive getting critted and hit with siege much better.

In one-on-one fights, with nothing in the first two trait lines, my condition damage simply does not have enough time, as direct damage classes can whittle through my increased health and regen much faster than my conditions eats away theirs.

I have three full sets of gear, the condition/healing set like yours, a zerker set, and a soldiers set, and I tired all three with your suggested traits and weapon types.

I really did not feel or perform very differently between all three set ups, but the condition/healing set did seemed to work a little better in more situations.

I think conditions are the Rangers worst enemy in WvW, especially immobilize, it gets me killed more often than anything other than sheer stupidity (Doing a Leeroy.) I love Entangle, but think it’s a bit over the top, I would prefer it if it were not an elite, just a simple immobilize only, but with a shorter cool down. When most of the other classes have two or more, and ours is on such a long cool down, it is I think our biggest weakness in WvW. Condition removal is one area where I could see making the things like Shared Anguish have a shorter cool down in WvW ONLY. It big battles there is just so much getting thrown around, it is a much more hostile environment than spvp where you are only dealing with 1 to 3 players at a time.

I appreciate how this builds traits offload most but not all of that to the pet, but the trade off is, you lose the pets damage, condition output and distraction factor, so your left trading blows with someone running 100% of their damage potential while you only have 60% of yours.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

(edited by Jalad Lantana.3027)