Just give our pets equipment

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

please? two, maybe three pieces exclusive to pets? I dont care if theres no skins, thats fine (although an Owl with a helmet and a little dagger would be king). Let us bulk up or pets on our own. The games been out a year and its obvious the Pet mechanic is somehow to difficult to change or if its changed theres fear it will be OP, so just let us adjust their stats on our own. If not that, give us 10% more damage if we stow our pet or 5% more when the pet is dead since they always are anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Some sort of progression for our pets might be interesting.

I’d rather not have to pay for two sets of exotic armor though. Some people mentioned that our pets could scale based off our armor and weapons, which seems fair enough.

in Ranger

Azure.8670

nope its not fair enough. If im a zerger ranger, that doesnt mean my bear has to be a bunker. I want my bear to take bullets like tupac (the first time). Give us the OPTION. We have a crap F1, a fault F2… just let my wolf equip some gear. They can even simplify it where the gear just goes by level doesnt have to be exotic or anything. it would be set stats based on items and level, so a white dagger will give + etc etc etc and such. Even just armor and trinkets would be fine, though trinkets could get expensive, then let us just use the jewel? I dont know they can think of something thats what they get paid for. (not to be a kitten anet I love you guys)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

They just need to vastly improve the pet menu. Give us the ability to:
- set main stats for the pet (without equipment)
- set priority on skills (spider always starting with immobilize if it’s off cooldown)
- disable pet skills (spider doesn’t use the poison volley)
- giving pets power over the F2 skill (spider uses its F2 as soon as it becomes available)
- change which skill is used when pressing F2 (spider doesn’t use poison volley until you press F2)

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Or give us a few sliders.

Their total value is always 100 (or something) and increasing one slider will make the others decrease.

In-Depth:
Let’s say basic items give 3 stats, fine gives 6 stats… exotic gives 15 stats. The slider’s total value would be increased by 15 for each exotic gear, 12 for each rare, 9 for each masterwork, 6 for each fine and 3 for each basic.

Assume that the player has exotic only. 6 armor + 2 weapons + 5 trinkets = 195 extra stat points. If the base stat points is 100, then the pet will have 295 extra stat points.

The player can choose where these stat points will be allocated. Power, Precision, Condition damage, Vitality, Healing Power or Toughness.
Want a zerker pet? Place the ‘Power slider’ all the way to the right, therefore giving 295 extra power to the pet.

This is completely isolated from the BM traitline which would be able to boost the pet even more.

EDIT: Another option is to make the BM traitline increase the amount of extra points by 3.3% for each point in the traitline.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

thats crap.
why would a ranger have to farm more equipement than any other class?
pet should never get it’s own equipment and if the devs know what they are doing this will gladly never come.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I want a Gear Slot for pets that lets me adjust their stats a little! I also want the F2 to work when I press it! I want my pets to be able to attack moving targets too!….it’ll never happen!

in Ranger

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

I also want the F2 to work when I press it! I want my pets to be able to attack moving targets too!

Only those two very things would change everything.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

in Ranger

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

thats crap.
why would a ranger have to farm more equipement than any other class?
pet should never get it’s own equipment and if the devs know what they are doing this will gladly never come.

Oh lord, another 30g!!!! Thats 3 hours, tops, at how easy it is to get gold now days.

in Ranger

Azure.8670

Or give us a few sliders.

Their total value is always 100 (or something) and increasing one slider will make the others decrease.

In-Depth:
Let’s say basic items give 3 stats, fine gives 6 stats… exotic gives 15 stats. The slider’s total value would be increased by 15 for each exotic gear, 12 for each rare, 9 for each masterwork, 6 for each fine and 3 for each basic.

Assume that the player has exotic only. 6 armor + 2 weapons + 5 trinkets = 195 extra stat points. If the base stat points is 100, then the pet will have 295 extra stat points.

The player can choose where these stat points will be allocated. Power, Precision, Condition damage, Vitality, Healing Power or Toughness.
Want a zerker pet? Place the ‘Power slider’ all the way to the right, therefore giving 295 extra power to the pet.

This is completely isolated from the BM traitline which would be able to boost the pet even more.

EDIT: Another option is to make the BM traitline increase the amount of extra points by 3.3% for each point in the traitline.

This is actually what I had in mind to begin with without going in depth. Thank you for the write up. For the guy that said something about farming for extra items, who cares??? If you love the class wouldnt you want more for it? Thats like a Warrior, they have access to more weapons than every other class to naturally youre going to seek our more weapons to use, compared to an Engi that uses a rifle, pistol and shield. Be serious bro and stop complaining. Not only would it be a good fix, it would give us something extra to do. Its an MMO at the end of the day guy, grind a LITTLE.

in Ranger

Azure.8670

And I refuse to let this thread die until a Dev responds. Even if its just a “eh this idea sucks, get back to playing” ill take it. I just want some acknowledgement thakittens at least been seen that players are down for the idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

And I refuse to let this thread die until a Dev responds. Even if its just a “eh this idea sucks, get back to playing” ill take it. I just want some acknowledgement thakittens at least been seen that players are down for the idea

I think you’ll wither away and die before that happens.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’d prefer a pet ‘level’ system, tyvm, with the pet gaining exp as long as he’s in battle with you. The pet has a level cap of 5, each equal to about 2 character levels. As the pet levels up, it gains its own series of ‘traits’ you can turn on, more skills, and more AI for your to have control over. For example, a jaguar could get a trait that allows it to share its stealth with the Ranger, a skill that knocks down an enemy before starting to bite at it 3-4 times which causes bleeding and large damage with each hit, and will give you control over which skill it will use with the F2.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’d prefer a pet ‘level’ system, tyvm, with the pet gaining exp as long as he’s in battle with you. The pet has a level cap of 5, each equal to about 2 character levels. As the pet levels up, it gains its own series of ‘traits’ you can turn on, more skills, and more AI for your to have control over. For example, a jaguar could get a trait that allows it to share its stealth with the Ranger, a skill that knocks down an enemy before starting to bite at it 3-4 times which causes bleeding and large damage with each hit, and will give you control over which skill it will use with the F2.

I want to be able to use an Offensive bear =(, i don’t like “tank” pets, so stupid and worthless in PvP…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

They need to do something to keep us in line with the rest of the damage in the game if they continue to boost damage stats to our detriment.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Azure.8670

This is also an awesome idea. I have a lot more I want to add and compile all these thoughts. For everyone viewing this, please add something. Even if its a simple, this idea is “DUMB” or “I FEEL THIS WAY” whatever it is just add something. We are a community with similar interest obviously so id like to know how you guys feel so we can make this one thread into something that gets dev attention

in Ranger

Posted by: theodor.3480

theodor.3480

For our beloved bears/spiders

Bears – Knockdown on their maul (seriously you get hit by a bear and no knockdown??)
– bleeds or weakness/vulnerability

Spiders – more escape methods (like the skill you get in the spider guild rush – move to a area a leav a clone behind)
– some more imobilize, cripple would be nice
– poison on attack or on critical hits

Also the ideea of pet levels is nice. Some gear for pets would be nice also (craftable from all the junk items you get – sider legs broken claws, fangs, etc. and the some ores, gems).

I hear no evil, I fear no evil

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

NEW! Gemstore Town item: Pig Lipstick

that’s how I’d summarize this whole thing come to think of it

in Ranger

Azure.8670

With spirits now nerfed, its obvious more than ever WE NEED this pet buff