Moment of Clarity, likely to see nerf?

in Ranger

Posted by: Khael.7325

Khael.7325

With all the dazes available to the druid, do you guys think the Moment of Clarity trait (100% daze duration) will see a nerf? As fun as it sounds to daze people to tears I’m not sure it’s the best thing for balance. Multiple 4 second dazes just seems a little ridiculous. I’m a ranger main and hate to see nerfs, but I feel the bonus daze duration is going to have to come down a bit. I didn’t play any beta though, so maybe someone with some hands on experience can chime in?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

not at all. MoC is fine as all of our dazes have cast times. LI needed a nerf because 6s was indeed too long, but 4s daze on a 0.5s cast is fine. there are so many blinds, blocks and invulns out there that soft CC like daze just doesn’t do that much.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

” I’m a ranger main and hate to see nerfs”…. But I’m going to go ahead and suggest them anyway….

Could you kittening not? Can we please go one kittening week without some ” ranger main” coming up with some hypothetical way that we are overpowered and claiming we need a nerf?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

” I’m a ranger main and hate to see nerfs”…. But I’m going to go ahead and suggest them anyway….

Could you kittening not? Can we please go one kittening week without some ” ranger main” coming up with some hypothetical way that we are overpowered and claiming we need a nerf?

This.

There’s been a bunch of the so called “ranger mains” around lately, arguing to nerf this, nerf that, even before the release of HoT.

Ranger mains my kitten .

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

signed, so many bad players who don’t play rangers but lost to one thinking we are all OP when they are just bad.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

not to mention how situational the Marksmanship tree is…we have to give up so much to use it.

in Ranger

Khael.7325

Not to be rude, but a lot of you seem over sensitive to the idea of nerfs. I wasn’t saying “OMG ranger so OP plz nerf”, but was just pointing out that on paper the dazes seem really strong and asking what you guys thought about their balance. Things don’t always work out as well in practice however and that’s why I asked for the opinion of those who had played the beta. I phrased the title as a question for a reason…

It’s called being objective and caring about the overall quality of the game. As much as I dislike nerfs, I dislike imbalance even more.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

This.

There’s been a bunch of the so called “ranger mains” around lately, arguing to nerf this, nerf that, even before the release of HoT.

Ranger mains my kitten .

Haha, ikr, its like every day someone we have never seen (not that that is an issue, welcome all) before comes here claiming to be a Ranger main, yet asking or questioning for something to be nerfed.

Funny stuff.

in Ranger

Khael.7325

not at all. MoC is fine as all of our dazes have cast times. LI needed a nerf because 6s was indeed too long, but 4s daze on a 0.5s cast is fine. there are so many blinds, blocks and invulns out there that soft CC like daze just doesn’t do that much.

This is the type of response I was hoping for. I hadn’t thought about all those things and didn’t know about the cast times. I thought the glyph was instant for some reason. Anyway, hopefully those factors will really help to balance things out. I guess we’ll see in less than 24 hours! Woot so hyped for HoT!

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I think Moment of Clarity is and will be fine, myself, but I’m not liking the way people are responding, here. Khael is indeed simply being objective, and accusing them of not being a Ranger main or somehow wanting to see Rangers fail is horribly flippant and dismissive.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Toolbox and Khael, it’s because the ranger forum has been swamped with people asking for nerfs to ranger, which has always been objectively weaker than other professions in a lot of ways. We’re all on edge at this seeming campaign of ranger-hate that has inexplicably flooded us.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

This is the type of response I was hoping for. I hadn’t thought about all those things and didn’t know about the cast times. I thought the glyph was instant for some reason. Anyway, hopefully those factors will really help to balance things out. I guess we’ll see in less than 24 hours! Woot so hyped for HoT!

you know what, glyph of equality is instant after all, but slotting it takes away some extremely valuable utilities, like condi cleanses or stun breaker. making glyphs work in general in any build will be difficult. but equality is one of the better ones because it can at least stun break in avatar form.

LI does have a cast time of 0.5 I believe.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Marksmanship is probably the most under used line and a staff druid will never kill anything anyway in PvP. There is no reason to nerf moment of clarity.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Toolbox and Khael, it’s because the ranger forum has been swamped with people asking for nerfs to ranger, which has always been objectively weaker than other professions in a lot of ways. We’re all on edge at this seeming campaign of ranger-hate that has inexplicably flooded us.

A similar thing seems to be happening in the necromancer subforum if it’s any consolation.

in Ranger

Khael.7325

Ah, that explains a lot. I played at release and then took like a 2 year break. I actually just started playing again last month and so i’ve missed all of that i guess. I can see how that would frustrate people and make them sensitive to the subject. Is there any particular reason why ranger was so weak and is anything being done to change that? (Aside from giving them a semi-unique role)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Uhhh, extremely long story short, we have never really had a “role”. I think that’s why druid is so insanely specific in it’s role.

Listing anything other than that would be a huge thread on it’s own.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

No for two reasons. The first is that it is not op and the second is because you can just nerf the offending dazes if necessary(see Lunar Impact).

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Khael.7325

Uhhh, extremely long story short, we have never really had a “role”. I think that’s why druid is so insanely specific in it’s role.

Listing anything other than that would be a huge thread on it’s own.

Haha fair enough. I’ll be sticking with ranger regardless and am so excited for the druid. I’ve always played support/healers in mmos and now i can finally do that in gw2. Plus druid is right up my alley thematically. Now if ranger could just get shaman espec i could die happy :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Nope.

HoT brought back a bunch of fair weather “ranger mains” who suddenly think we need to be toned down left and right.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I don’t like MoC as is because it puts an artificial cap on ranger’s base daze durations. 100% better traits are just not right.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Getting nerfed is the privilege of the over-powered.

Ranger has slightly less than nothing to worry about.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Getting nerfed is the privilege of the over-powered.

Ranger has slightly less than nothing to worry about.

True, but this is Anet where 15k+ shatters are acceptable but glyph of alignment needed it’s damage nerfed by a whopping 66%.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Which should tell you that damage is not its primary function.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This.

Ranger mains my kitten .

Haha, ikr, its like every day someone we have never seen (not that that is an issue, welcome all) before comes here claiming to be a Ranger main, yet asking or questioning for something to be nerfed.

Funny stuff.

He may be telling the truth.

I saw his forum post history and the oldest one is one month old.

He could very likely be a new player who start maining ranger last month :P
It’s “ranger main” to him despite he’s new, because that’s all he ever played

He’d be surprised many other classes actually do ALOT of CC too. Slick Shoe is much worse than MoC back then lol..

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I think it tells me that glyphs have no actual design function. What are they supposed to do? What is their supposed function? One dazes, one does knockback, one buffs damage, and one applies condis. Are they supposed to do damage? Or are they supposed to be more garbage hybrid skills that we don’t want to be hybrid.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

It tells me it has no primary function other than to be a hodgepodge of stuff we can already apply with great frequency.

-Poison
-Weakness
-Cripple

We are in no way hurting for any of these when we definitely need more aoe damage options.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Marksmanship is probably the most under used line and a staff druid will never kill anything anyway in PvP. There is no reason to nerf moment of clarity.

Poor Poor marksmanship. Having to go against god tier trait lines such as Wilderness Survival, Beastmastery and Nature Magic in PVP. Feeling sorry for Marksmanship in PVE, too, since it have to compete with Skirmishing (Spotter, Quickdraw) too, since i am running the Power Survival spvp build in pve against mordrem and undeads.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I think it tells me that glyphs have no actual design function. What are they supposed to do? What is their supposed function? One dazes, one does knockback, one buffs damage, and one applies condis. Are they supposed to do damage? Or are they supposed to be more garbage hybrid skills that we don’t want to be hybrid.

They are designed to support and there are many ways to support in this game. The healing skill is heal support, daze and knockback are CC support, one is providing damage support, condis are debuffing support and the elite can be seen as some kind of soft cc (stopping intelligent enemies attacking the druid, who is healing) or healing support.

I don’t think glyphes were ever meant to provide aoe damage. Ranger is lacking this stuff, that’s right and I really hoped druid would have it. Seems like have to wait for next round.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

They are designed to support and there are many ways to support in this game. The healing skill is heal support, daze and knockback are CC support, one is providing damage support, condis are debuffing support and the elite can be seen as some kind of soft cc (stopping intelligent enemies attacking the druid, who is healing) or healing support.

I don’t think glyphes were ever meant to provide aoe damage. Ranger is lacking this stuff, that’s right and I really hoped druid would have it. Seems like have to wait for next round.

You basically just classified everything that isn’t direct damage as support.

You might as well just throw in “killing an opponent” and completely destroy all meaning for the term.