Pet's Boons and Buffs, and Soulbeast.

in Ranger

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

Let’s make a clear example already. We have a Superior Sigil of Strenght on our beautyful new dagger, and we are running Nature Magic-Beastmastery-Soulbeast traitlines: we hit an enemy few times, gaining about, let’s say, 5 stacks of might. With our minor master trait Fortifying Bond any boon is shared with our pet, so if we have 5 stacks of might, our pet will have 5 stacks of might aswell.
And now come our problems.
Let’s say we merge with our pet after gaining those might stacks. Will pet’s Might be added to our personal stacks? Or we will just lose everything?
Let’s make another example. We use the active effect of Signet of the Wild to gain 20% damage increase, for both us and our pet. If we merge, we will get an additional 20% damage increase (because our pet, you know, is inside us) or we will lose 20% of the damage for free?
We can make a lot of examples here, from “Sic’em” to “Guard!” to a lot of our skills/traits that involve the pet mechanic.
I think this: if pet’s boons will stack to our personal boons, the entire Nature magic-Soulbeast-“We heal as One” combo will be completely useless. That’s why i don’t think this will happen. But, at the same time, if we lose every boon or buff we give to our pet just because we need to merge with them, well…this really sucks.
Druid heavily relies on buffing pets to the limit (25 might stacks, fury, speed,etc) to make his damage ( i’m talking about pvp/wvw here). If we can’t take advantage of this with the Soulbeast, our entire core mechanic is to be thrown into the rubbish.
We don’t know exactly how the merge mechanic will interact to our pet buffs, but in my opinion, this is really difficult to balance.
I hope Anet got some ideas to make it work, otherwise, makes sense to us to drop everything that involve buffing our pet to have, let’s say, 3-6 new skills?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

What about the pet might on Sword auto #3 when in beastmode? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Id say, we should wait for the test weekend and see.
I personally can understand why there are draw backs of being in beastform. Beastform has no time limit and thus you can play petless but you can also utilize your pet out of beastform.
But i am concerned about the shouts and the signet effects in beastforms. The boons are kinda a sacrifice i assume.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

There’s no reason they could not copy one instance of the boons on the pet like a one off Fortifying Bond, or just extend the durations of the boons on the Ranger when entering beastmode.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Wooden pot just mentioned giant balance overhaul coming and sigs are getting a big rework witch I wonder what the change will be (I loved the shout rework wondering how the sig rework will be)

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Most likely:

*The boons will go to waste, it’s not a big deal. Same way you won’t suffer from any condis your pet is suffering from after merge.

*Some traits will get modified(they announced that)

*Skills and weapon skills bonuses for pets, may be adjusted or just be applied to pet attacks on beast mode(F1-F3). Don’t expect to get 40% extra damage on your RP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

It’s probably best to wait and see what they’ve done, but I’d be very surprised if they copied boons across. I think the best we can hope for is a few decent traits being reworked to work on the Ranger when in BM.

Guess we shall see though!

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Gee I hope we get the might stacks from SoTP and Companion’s Might….

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I doubt we are getting perfect 1:1 pet buffs. Or, if we do, it won’t last long like the original form of buff sharing on WHaO.

SotW + Sic Em buff + Unblockable attacks via CotW + Rapid Fire = A stream of arrows that will pierce the heavens.

Don’t let your “I just died from a 50k rapid fire and I couldn’t do anything about it!” memes be dreams my dudes.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…