Ranger range 1500 need risk, Sugg: 1300 range

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I never know how unchallenge range long range is with experience in wvw. I find 1500 too much no risk for ragner class range. Standard long range is 1200, what i do not understand is do ranger class need that +300 range to be effective as a long range class?

In wvw, all i was doing is spam longbow skill #1 and i feel this is too much not having risk for a range class. I am chock that i kill 8 player in 5 minute just for being in 1500 range: i find that problematic not accept for challenge play and require no risk play. No class should have easy advantage + with 0-little cooldown.

In Pve and Pvp: i see same effect and it should not be that way at all.

Last: there is no excuse, there is no reason for that class to have +300 advatage over standard 1200 range especially can spam with very low cool down.

Suggestion again: make ranger class range be 1300 range for challeng play and risk play.

Ranger class need have risk not have over advantage: i remember too, they have pet that can go long range: it make no sense giving ranger 2x long range- rangerpet+high mobility for ranger= too much no risk, too much no challenge

Conclude: Easy acess and easy advantage need to have risk and concequence.

Consider change to ranger range arena net

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

your problem is with Ranged attacks not the ranger itself , ps the pet is its class machanic and it is much more complex that press pressing a few F buttons just like all the other classes.

also the effectiveness of Rangers in combat is not at the same level as other close range classes they will ether lack one thing or some Utilities and doing melee with a Ranger means you will be forced to use Self support buffs like SoS or Sotw or Rampage as one with some traits to cover for stun breaks.

the problem is there is risk you are wearing full Glass i guess and these people you are killing don’t gap close or even slot a reflect in pvp Expecting a Ranger to be a walk over, ps dont even mention PvE (PvE is all about personal preference its your choice how you play the game) for Pvp i still dont see Reflects or people taking CC based builds because every solo’ist is ether kitting it up in ether a zerk build or a Cele build with no CC support targets Escape so quickly the Rangers Long range attacks make short work of them because they think they are safe after breaking Melee .

you have Just Experienced the Beginning of the Ranger and its Easiest form , you havn’t even reached the good stuff yet.

i do say this to every person whining about 1500yard attacks its a Range(projectile) vs Melee(range) differential the two have very different combat styles and this one is Unquie to the ranger class. where if you let it range it is at its most powerful, if you don’t find it a challenge proberly play a different class that is more challenging to you as a player.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I never know how unchallenge range long range is with experience in wvw. I find 1500 too much no risk for ragner class range. Standard long range is 1200, what i do not understand is do ranger class need that +300 range to be effective as a long range class?

In wvw, all i was doing is spam longbow skill #1 and i feel this is too much not having risk for a range class. I am chock that i kill 8 player in 5 minute just for being in 1500 range: i find that problematic not accept for challenge play and require no risk play. No class should have easy advantage + with 0-little cooldown.

Last: there is no excuse, there is no reason for that class to have +300 advatage over standard 1200 range especially can spam with very low cool down.

Suggestion again: make ranger class range be 1300 range for challeng play and risk play.

Ranger class need have risk not have over advantage: i remember too, they have pet that can go long range: it make no sense giving ranger 2x long range- rangerpet+high mobility for ranger= too much no risk, too much no challenge

Dear god….. how many classes are you claiming to be OP now? This is at least the 3rd or 4th. Maybe play the game for a few more months before deciding everything that kills you is OP. Tell you what, just like every other time you complained about a noob check mechanic, how about you 1v1 me? You play longbow ranger I’ll play full melee and you can show me how that extra 300 units makes you an unkillable machine.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I’m going to give you a payback for the bonus 300 range over other classes.

It’s called -30% overall DPS, since the Pet can’t be attacking from that range. Literally. At max Range – your pet gives a “too far away” error message.

That should be enough of compensation.
But if it is not – I’ll say that Ranger is only fine at 1v1 or 2v1. In every situation where he can be focused by a person he is not attacking – he is practically a dead meat. Not even a Meat Stick.

So being powerful only in 1v1 where he starts at 1500 range, or when outnumbering his enemy … Is not even close to being overpowered.

These would be clear ego issues. It’s not like the class is overpowered. It’s only that the OP is too lazy to try a different approach or learn how to play the right way.
Since it’s easier to complain about it on forums.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

Dear god….. how many classes are you claiming to be OP now? This is at least the 3rd or 4th. Maybe play the game for a few more months before deciding everything that kills you is OP. Tell you what, just like every other time you complained about a noob check mechanic, how about you 1v1 me? You play longbow ranger I’ll play full melee and you can show me how that extra 300 units makes you an unkillable machine.

Where did i write classes are Op? I want you to write exact word before i answer you. I also want you to research the word Complain and to wite definition with your research. Since you track every where i post, you should know how to do reasearch.

I do not want you to show me anything since you continue harrass me everytime i write. You should be grateful i do not report to arena net for you always harrass me because harrassment is against policy and legal offense too.

What i do not underastand since i am “noob”, i respect policy and rule and you do not. Why is it because you are 1 year in Guild Wars 2 and believe you can break all policy rule and harrass any noob palyer you want? I want to know what kind of person you are: do you harrass people who are noob in real life? because if you do, the law should punish you and i am serious!!

read this and learn http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/H/Harassment.aspx

I want really know, why you think this is ok?

Ankur

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

Where did i write classes are Op? I want you to write exact word before i answer you. I also want you to research the word Complain and to wite definition with your research. Since you track every where i post, you should know how to do reasearch.

I do not want you to show me anything since you continue harrass me everytime i write. You should be grateful i do not report to arena net for you always harrass me because harrassment is against policy and legal offense too.

What i do not underastand since i am “noob”, i respect policy and rule and you do not as not noob.

You have a pretty high opinion of yourself. I play every profession but I have mained a ranger since 2005 in GW1. Look through my post history and see the locations I post in. I am in no way tracking your posts. By your logic I could complain that you are following me around and saying my favorite profession takes no skill to play and that is harassment.

When you claim something is “no risk, no challenge” but you are unwilling to prove that it takes no challenge to play, your argument is invalid.

LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

On word: reflection.

Here a freebie: Line of Sight.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

I understand: the point is how ranger long range do not have risk at range 1500 vs standard range 1200 with risk.

You see, if there is no risk or consequence for easy access, than there is problem. That is why i suggest arena net give ranger range 1300 range instead: that make sense better.

Range 1500 is too much vs range 1300

I have question for you: Example wvw- if you are fighting other class and ranger attack you range 1500, are you going to ignore other class for ranger? Continue exampe- so you kill other class and go to kill ranger, before you reach ranger, you will die.

But if ranger is range 1300, you will have better chance to reach ranger. Line of sight is ok if not distracted but if distracted, line of sight will have you die.

Ankur

in Ranger

Bran.7425

The is no discussion here you are convinced on you point and other disagree with you, Ranger has almost no place in wvw (especially the aspects of that mode that give tangible rewards) and are stuck with a mechanic (which they can’t use at that max range you think is so out of hand) that melts in the zerg fest.

The mobility isn’t all that high when considering that what the real mobility based profession possess

You do know that engineers can trait for 1500 range grenade right?

But this is the ranger subforum it wouldn’t be a normal day if there isn’t at least one misguided illthoughtlout attack on the profession.

in Ranger

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

it really is not nearly as much as you seem to think it is

let’s do some quick math on movement speed

u = units/second
c = combat
n = noncombat

range: 1,500
base movement speed: n294u, c210u
moving backwards(back pedaling): n105u, c105u
moving to the side(strafing): n180u, c180u

base time to reach ranger: 7.14s

apply swiftness(+33%): c279u/s
new time: 5.38s

apply gap closers:
900: 2.9s
1,200: 1.8s

if you take it a step further, the ranger is also probably back pedaling at 105u/s, which would tack on another half-second. strafing might give them another second, and pb-shot will add another second to that as well. however, some classes(eg, warriors) have multiple gap-closers per weapon

it really, REALLY is not as much as some people seem to think. that longbow becomes entirely useless once you pass that 600 meter line, and since just about everyone has at least a 900 meter jump(or a shorter jump that can be used multiple times at once for the same effect), stealth, stability, etc., their “op range advantage” goes out the window the second someone notices them

contrary to popular belief, gw2 has a melee bias, not a ranged one

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

The is no discussion here you are convinced on you point and other disagree with you, Ranger has almost no place in wvw (especially the aspects of that mode that give tangible rewards) and are stuck with a mechanic (which they can’t use at that max range you think is so out of hand) that melts in the zerg fest.

The mobility isn’t all that high when considering that what the real mobility based profession possess

You do know that engineers can trait for 1500 range grenade right?

But this is the ranger subforum it wouldn’t be a normal day if there isn’t at least one misguided illthoughtlout attack on the profession.

I am sorry if you think i am attack ranger class; i only write because of experience and i find challenge is good for player to have fun with any choice of profession. You say engineer have range 1500, so that is problematic too. If i experience with engineer; i would write same. I write a lot of post in other forum about engineer being problematic: celestial include elementalist.

Arena net can make change with ranger and use change like example on engineer and on elementalist

I am not convinced: i like have discussion because if i was conviced: i would use convinced word-right, wrong etc… I will listen more.

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yes lb ranger is op for defending on walls. Until you get pulled off by temporal curtain, scorpian wire, necrotic grasp, binding blades, magnetic shield, magnet….I miss any?

Honestly, I’m happy there are archers capable of defending from walls and a counter to them. It is a role that can and should be filled.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I understand: the point is how ranger long range do not have risk at range 1500 vs standard range 1200 with risk.

You see, if there is no risk or consequence for easy access, than there is problem. That is why i suggest arena net give ranger range 1300 range instead: that make sense better.

Range 1500 is too much vs range 1300

I have question for you: Example wvw- if you are fighting other class and ranger attack you range 1500, are you going to ignore other class for ranger? Continue exampe- so you kill other class and go to kill ranger, before you reach ranger, you will die.

But if ranger is range 1300, you will have better chance to reach ranger. Line of sight is ok if not distracted but if distracted, line of sight will have you die.

First of all, in order to actually be effective at 1500 range, you need to drop in a ton of points. Once they get close, the ranger is at a distinct disadvantage because of that specialization. Secondly, you seem unable to understand just how trivially easy it is to close a 1500 range gap in this game. In the original Guild Wars, it actually took some effort to close with a ranger from longbow range. In GW2? Not at all. Dodges and leaps, as well as the ability to cast while moving, make range less of an advantage. Also, you might want to note that engineers get access to 1500 range as well. Also, in your WvW example, you’re talking about a 1v2. All other factors being equal, you will lose a 1v2 just about every time unless you get lucky.

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

@ DarkSyze.8627: We can not mantain the 1500 range most of the times, which we need to trait for, not to mention the “broken” distance calculations of the game where we barely hit a gus in a fort wall with 1500 but he can outrange us with 1200.
+ the arrow projectile speeds are ridiculously slooooow.

#GW2RangerLB1500RangeWithoutTraitsPls!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

There’s no OP ranger abilities that rangers don’t want to have buffed….

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

@ DarkSyze.8627: We can not mantain the 1500 range most of the times, which we need to trait for, not to mention the “broken” distance calculations of the game where we barely hit a gus in a fort wall with 1500 but he can outrange us with 1200.

you say he can outrange us with 1200 and is broken distance calculation of the game; would it make sense to make ranger range at 1200 instead? ranger arrow is ridiculousl slow… i have other suggestion:

why not make ranger arrow projectile fast with 1200 range+cool-down, would it make sense? would it make sense if ranger arrow shoot faster than have too much range?

Which would you ranger class pick: 1-fast arrow projectile or have too much range?

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Wanna know how to make a ranger’s 1500 range attack advantage go away? Approach them. The end.

Wanna make a ranger really cry? Reflect their Rapid Fire back at them. Are they glass? GG, you won.

Do they have Signet of Stone? Gj, you made them pop their six seconds of invulnerability with a cooldown of 60-80 seconds. You will win in seven seconds.

Glassy longbow rangers are delicate.

Most common pew pew rangers camp longbow with no real significant utilities (hurr all signets) or experience with their melee options.

These types melt if you look at them funny. Glassbow rangers are dangerous if you ignore them, but they’re not particularly OP. Further, these things are not easy access/no risk.

A ranger gives up a great deal of traits to make their longbow significant, and someone who goes glass with it is giving up survivability to do so.

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

So, you played in a zerg, fine. Where is the risk ? A thief do the same at closed range.

Play the LB meta (wich is quiet terrible actually), have some good duels, 1 vs 1, 1 vs x in WvW, make a vid, please, and you’ll talk about low risk.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: Luki.8941

Luki.8941

There is not much reason to do any nerfs range or any on Ranger we are close to bottom.
So nope has no sense especially ranger nerf.

Rariz (Ranger) , Bazinek (Engineer)
YouTube channel RarizGaming Gw2/Heroes of the storm Beta
http://youtu.be/W7hWjRetPDo?list=PLDSrFjXKFzmkxIY-VsFFESqLFgrnBEFhg

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

you say he can outrange us with 1200 and is broken distance calculation of the game; would it make sense to make ranger range at 1200 instead? ranger arrow is ridiculousl slow… i have other suggestion:

why not make ranger arrow projectile fast with 1200 range+cool-down, would it make sense? would it make sense if ranger arrow shoot faster than have too much range?

Which would you ranger class pick: 1-fast arrow projectile or have too much range?

You aren’t actually responding to any of the points made. The game isn’t balanced around WvW zerging, and in other areas 1500 range doesn’t mean a kitten thing. Also, making rangers choose between 1500 range and fast projectile speed is like making thieves choose between stealth and mobility: they’d better get both, because unless they have both, the class doesn’t work properly.

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

You aren’t actually responding to any of the points made.

That’s his M.O.
He’s only been playing the game a couple months and goes on these crusades to get nerfs for any profession that gives him a hard time in a fight. He ignores all valid arguments and continues with his “no challenge, no fun, blah blah blah” mantra.

He thinks he’s justified doing this because he finds other threads, created by new players that also don’t have a good grasp on the individual profession mechanics, complaining about the typical things new players complain about (stealth is OP, mesmers are OP, etc.)

Some people can’t be helped.

LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I am chock that i kill 8 player in 5 minute just for being in 1500 range

5 minutes for 8 kills in wvw? I hope you’re not going for the Ultimate Dominator title…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

What makes you think 1500 range is unique to ranger or is even the max range? Traited grenade engineer has 1500 range and the grenades explode in a 120 radius AOE. So 1620 AOE for them.

Elementalist arcane blast is 1500 range, and is a guaranteed crit.

Fire staff elementalist autoattack has 1200 range and 180 splash radius. So would be superior to ranger if we accepted your 1300 range longbow nerf. And elementalists put out a heckuva lot more DPS than rangers.

Warrior Kill Shot is 1500 range. No traits needed.

The entire design of longbow is to hurt the target if he tries to to run away, but turns into a wet noodle if he closes with the ranger. If you were positioning yourself so it was difficult for your opponents to close with you (either due to terrain or a big blob of zerg in the way), then your wins were due to good tactical positioning, not due to the skills or range being OP. Try the same thing in a smaller engagement where the opponent realistically has the option to close and engage. If it still works then, then you can talk about it being OP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

You were killing noobs.

Lb is easily countered.

Its not op.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

What makes you think 1500 range is unique to ranger or is even the max range? Traited grenade engineer has 1500 range and the grenades explode in a 120 radius AOE. So 1620 AOE for them.

Elementalist arcane blast is 1500 range, and is a guaranteed crit.

Fire staff elementalist autoattack has 1200 range and 180 splash radius. So would be superior to ranger if we accepted your 1300 range longbow nerf. And elementalists put out a heckuva lot more DPS than rangers.

Warrior Kill Shot is 1500 range. No traits needed.

The entire design of longbow is to hurt the target if he tries to to run away, but turns into a wet noodle if he closes with the ranger. If you were positioning yourself so it was difficult for your opponents to close with you (either due to terrain or a big blob of zerg in the way), then your wins were due to good tactical positioning, not due to the skills or range being OP. Try the same thing in a smaller engagement where the opponent realistically has the option to close and engage. If it still works then, then you can talk about it being OP.

True, not to mention that the grenade kit’s auto attack can theoretically hit up to 15 different targets simultaneously, while most rangers can only hit one (unless they use a master trait in a grandmaster slot), and just accept the significant loss in DPS and arrow speed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Please don’t Nerf the 1500 range! As a ranger, seeing a Long bow on another ranger means an easy kill as I roll up with my sword. If you nerf the range, all those other rangers might start using real builds.

Seriously, this is like touch ranger all over again. An simple build that does ok so long as the target is brain dead, and rather than anyone learn to play and use one of the multitudes of counters already in the game(dodging, reflect, invulnerable/block as you close the gap, stand stand behind something, etc) you cry for a nerf…..

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Anyone care to keep a score card for the number of these posts?

You want risk in WvW – run full berserker stats. Enjoy the range for those with poor situational awareness. However, those that have it will dodge your RF barrage and destroy you. If they don’t dodge then they will bounce it back on you via wall of reflection or retaliation – depending on the class of course. Also smart players will LoS you and again your arrows will go astray.

Range is all good until a sneaky thief puts a dagger in between your ribs. Again, that no risk you are talking about just went out the window…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Darksyze, I’m going to give you some honest advice and I hope you take this to heart.

Making threads on the forums about mechanics that you deem to be “too easy” is a waste of your time. Why is that? First off, the devs simply don’t listen to the noise. They balance their game on their own and threads like this have no constructive feedback. Second, instead of of a thread demanding a nerf, your time would be much better spent by simply asking the ranger community how to deal with longbows. They’re pretty good guys and have given more advice than they should have to. Each profession has some mechanics that helps to deal with it, so start out by naming which one you’re playing and asking how YOU can get better.

Besides all that, it just gives you a bad image when you campaign for nerfs.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

Darksyze, I’m going to give you some honest advice and I hope you take this to heart.

Making threads on the forums about mechanics that you deem to be “too easy” is a waste of your time. Why is that? First off, the devs simply don’t listen to the noise. They balance their game on their own and threads like this have no constructive feedback. Second, instead of of a thread demanding a nerf, your time would be much better spent by simply asking the ranger community how to deal with longbows. They’re pretty good guys and have given more advice than they should have to. Each profession has some mechanics that helps to deal with it, so start out by naming which one you’re playing and asking how YOU can get better.

so because of bad image, i have to say everything is ok? so because of bad image, i can not report what is not challenge to arena net? So because of bad image, i have agree with every player? Example: Do you know if you do good, some people will still have bad image of you? If no one have bad image of you, something is wrong. It is like, if everyone say they love you and you find that ok, that is not ok! because the enemy will surprise attack you. So, bad image is good as long respect rule and policy and that is why arena net create forum so player can post idea and make criticism.

Last, there is nothing that is waste time, every time is important. Example: What is wasted time is when you ignore problem and pretend everything is ok, what is wasted time is when you only want every one agree with you and to not give criticism.

Criticism and not agree is important so thing can fix and get better. Why do you thing arena net realease patch note? Arena net release patch note to fix problem and to improve thing because player make time to report to them. So in end, no time is waste and that is why all time mean something.

I do not have right to tell any player that he or she is waste time: how dare i do that? Nobody own time so who am i to tell them what is waste or not waste? Instead of pretend own time, use own time for what important to you.

Very last: how do you know arena net do not listen to player for reporting? how do you know arena net do not listen to player for complaining? did arena net tell you this? i want to see post by arena net. Every feedback is important: constructive or not constructive, as long respect policy and rule.

Arena net want us player to report, Player want Arena net to give result of report: that is why report is good, not bad.

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Tyrannis.5963

Tyrannis.5963

so because of bad image, i have to say everything is ok? so because of bad image, i can not report what is not challenge to arena net? So because of bad image, i have agree with every player? Example: Do you know if you do good, some people will still have bad image of you? If no one have bad image of you, something is wrong. It is like, if everyone say they love you and you find that ok, that is not ok! because the enemy will surprise attack you. So, bad image is good as long respect rule and policy and that is why arena net create forum so player can post idea and make criticism.

Last, there is nothing that is waste time, every time is important. Example: What is wasted time is when you ignore problem and pretend everything is ok, what is wasted time is when you only want every one agree with you and to not give criticism.

Criticism and not agree is important so thing can fix and get better. Why do you thing arena net realease patch note? Arena net release patch note to fix problem and to improve thing because player make time to report to them. So in end, no time is waste and that is why all time mean something.

I do not have right to tell any player that he or she is waste time: how dare i do that? Nobody own time so who am i to tell them what is waste or not waste? Instead of pretend own time, use own time for what important to you.

Very last: how do you know arena net do not listen to player for reporting? did arena net tell you this? i want to see post by arena net. Every feedback is important: constructive or not constructive, as long respect policy and rule.

Arena net want us player to report, Player want Arena net to give result of report: that is why report is good, not bad.

So, you bad speak, ok? So, you yoda words waste time not? Fear challenge you are? Fear, is the path to the darksyze. Outside, change not! Within, change you must!

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Very last: how do you know arena net do not listen to player for reporting? did arena net tell you this? i want to see post by arena net. Every feedback is important: constructive or not constructive, as long respect policy and rule.

Fine, I’ll be blunt because you obviously aren’t getting the point. You are an inexperienced, unskilled player who refuses to listen to arguments made by others both more skilled and more experienced than you regarding game balance. You didn’t lose everybody’s respect by making the complaint, you lost it (and played the fool) by ignoring all counterarguments and continuing to make the same claims, claims which have been disproven time and again on this thread. You have every right to say the same thing over and over again, despite unaddressed counterarguments. Just as I have every right to think less of you because of it. And I do.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

Fine, I’ll be blunt because you obviously aren’t getting the point. You are an inexperienced, unskilled player who refuses to listen to arguments made by others both more skilled and more experienced than you regarding game balance. You didn’t lose everybody’s respect by making the complaint, you lost it (and played the fool) by ignoring all counterarguments and continuing to make the same claims, claims which have been disproven time and again on this thread. You have every right to say the same thing over and over again, despite unaddressed counterarguments. Just as I have every right to think less of you because of it. And I do.

For you, read http://www.angeresources.com/commun-anger.html

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

I don’t see your justification valid just by killing 8 players in 5 mins in WvW, more explaining on detail how you’ve done it perhaps? Are they engaging? Are they low level players? etc etc Are they new players or veteran players? Killed them on 1v1? What class are they?

Unless arena reverse back the ninja nerfed on the velocity of arrow, i may agree with you. Atm, big no.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

I don’t see your justification valid just by killing 8 players in 5 mins in WvW, more explaining on detail how you’ve done it perhaps? Are they engaging? Are they low level players? etc etc Are they new players or veteran players? Killed them on 1v1? What class are they?

Unless arena reverse back the ninja nerfed on the velocity of arrow, i may agree with you. Atm, big no.

I was in keep while enemy zerg attacking it: i was only ranger attacking in range while my server party was attacking with close range. That is how i experience the long range 1500 easy kill: i keep spamming #1 until it kill enemy. The class i kill are- ranger, mesmer and warrior. I do not know what level they are because wvw is automatically level 80. I do not know if they are veteran player: just enemy player.

I made other suggestion for ranger longbow speed increase and have longbow ranger range decrease to 1300. I think it is ok fair trade?

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

And in you honest opinion what good is 100 range advantage in a dynamic moving combat environment?

Also speaking of opinions…

Attachments:

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

& Will anyone at Arenanet take the necessary steps to improve Rangers after all?

in Ranger

Bran.7425

Define improve. Remember the big changes patch?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

once i killed 5 people in 45 seconds, in WvW, using traps, drake F2 and shortbow. Better nerf this too. too stronk, no counter, impossible to stop.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Come to a T1 server and you’ll see how thieves melt power ranger, and how condition necro basically owns you if they land a chill on you. (Basically when fighting necro, when they get to around 900 range close to you and land a chill on you, you’re lost. Power ranger has to make hard choice between Cond removal and damage, if you choose condition clear, you loses like 1/3 of the damage)

That’s only the WvW case. When you’re in PVP situation, the range advantage is actually very minimal. Any class can still easily come close to you in no time if they play their class right.

Added note: If you’re talking about wvw zerging and you got 8 kills, don’t talk to me because you’re wasting my time. Ganking is by no means “skillful”. Also if the zerg size scales up to 15 or more, ranger is actually just a decoration who has no power to turn the tide of the battle. (Warrior, Guardian, Ele, and Necro can do so easily)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

I was in keep while enemy zerg attacking it: i was only ranger attacking in range while my server party was attacking with close range. That is how i experience the long range 1500 easy kill: i keep spamming #1 until it kill enemy. The class i kill are- ranger, mesmer and warrior. I do not know what level they are because wvw is automatically level 80. I do not know if they are veteran player: just enemy player.

I made other suggestion for ranger longbow speed increase and have longbow ranger range decrease to 1300. I think it is ok fair trade?

IN SHORT:
you played longbow ranger the way you are SUPPOSED to use it. From far away, attacking targets and staying out of trouble.
Areas around keeps are very open, meaning enemies have few places to hide, in essence, they are fighting in the “ideal place for a ranger to fight them”.

Both mesmer, ranger and warrior have easy to use, and multiple ways of countering your build. The reason you were so successful was simply down to one simple factor – the enemy was not aware of you. They did not know that YOU attack them before it was too late, or they realized it but did not think of you as a threat. THEY SIMPLY MAY HAVE IGNORED YOU, THATS RUDE INDEED, THEY SHOULD DIE FOR DISPLAYING SUCH RUDENESS.

tl;dr version:
OP played ranger correctly.
The enemy did not bother to and or pay enough attention to counter and or defend themselves.
The enemy players were at fault for not protecting themselves.
It is not the rangers job to make sure the enemy survives, that is the enemys job.
The rangers job is to kill the enemy

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Come to a T1 server and you’ll see how thieves melt power ranger, and how condition necro basically owns you if they land a chill on you. (Basically when fighting necro, when they get to around 900 range close to you and land a chill on you, you’re lost. Power ranger has to make hard choice between Cond removal and damage, if you choose condition clear, you loses like 1/3 of the damage)

That’s only the WvW case. When you’re in PVP situation, the range advantage is actually very minimal. Any class can still easily come close to you in no time if they play their class right.

What T1 server are you on?

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

No offense but this proves that you are a noob. Just by not knowing if they are really level 80 or just upscaled to 80 shows it. Also, just because you get a loot bag at your feet when you die doesn’t mean you killed the enemy alone. For example, if 5 people attack and kill 1 enemy together, all 5 will get loot. Lastly, their rank tells you how much the enemy have played in wvw, like “Bronze Knight” or “Platinum Champion” amongst others.

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

Define improve. Remember the big changes patch?

I do remember. It was nice, but not so “big”. I’m hoping for some real care & fix patch.
Remember my Ranger Overhaul v2?

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Balancing an already underpowered class around the anarchy that is WvW zerging? One of the worst balance ideas I have ever heard. And, as I’ve said already, an engineer would have gotten DOZENS OF KILLS IN THAT TIME. Do you even pay attention when people respond to you?

The longbow ranger is already one of the worst setups in both PvP and organized PvE. The only areas in which it does well are WvW zerging and open world PvE, because its only real strength is severely punishing unskilled and/or preoccupied players. Setting up for long range shooting on a ranger makes you exceptionally weak in every other area, and rangers are already exceptionally weak in most of those areas. Rangers have some of the worst boon stacking, combo field access/use, stability and stunbreaks, boon stripping, and condition management of any class in the game. What do we get in return? In a certain setup, we get two free ( fairly weak) attacks on the enemy before they get in range. And you, seeing this, want to take it away.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

So, you bad speak, ok? So, you yoda words waste time not? Fear challenge you are? Fear, is the path to the darksyze. Outside, change not! Within, change you must!

My nomination for Post of the Year 2015.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

1500 range is offset by low DPS under 1200, plus the attacks are ridiculously easy to dodge (they are slow firing, slow traveling, and you have lots of time to see them coming from 1500 away).

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

Balancing an already underpowered class around the anarchy that is WvW zerging? One of the worst balance ideas I have ever heard. And, as I’ve said already, an engineer would have gotten DOZENS OF KILLS IN THAT TIME. Do you even pay attention when people respond to you?

The longbow ranger is already one of the worst setups in both PvP and organized PvE. The only areas in which it does well are WvW zerging and open world PvE, because its only real strength is severely punishing unskilled and/or preoccupied players. Setting up for long range shooting on a ranger makes you exceptionally weak in every other area, and rangers are already exceptionally weak in most of those areas. Rangers have some of the worst boon stacking, combo field access/use, stability and stunbreaks, boon stripping, and condition management of any class in the game. What do we get in return? In a certain setup, we get two free ( fairly weak) attacks on the enemy before they get in range. And you, seeing this, want to take it away.

If you read why i respond instead of not reading and tell me i do not pay attention, you would know why. Let me ask you question: how do you know i do not pay attention to people? You do not see me, you can not read my mind?

All i can say is i understand what people say include you:)

Last: Unholy Pillager, just because you do not see problem do not make problem invisible because i see it.

Ankur

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

1500 range is offset by low DPS under 1200, plus the attacks are ridiculously easy to dodge (they are slow firing, slow traveling, and you have lots of time to see them coming from 1500 away).

That’s already been mentioned. So has dodging, reflection, blocking, and the fact that 1500 range can be covered in about 3 seconds by most professions. Also the fact that rangers have terrible defenses if specced for longbow. The problem here is that the OP doesn’t actually give the responses more than a cursory glance, and wonders why we get upset with him. It’s the online equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears and yelling “la la la I can’t hear you 1500 range OP!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

reflects are a risk, if retaliation were not garbage it would also be a risk to rangers. the only profession that would have a hard time fighting back would be a necro due to lack of reflects and poor mobility.

(edited by Vizardlorde.8243)

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

If you read why i respond instead of not reading and tell me i do not pay attention, you would know why i respond. Now i am pay attention to you.

The problem here is that I did read what you said, poorly phrased though it was. I also responded to it, several times. The entirety of your argument is based on the assumptions that the game should be balanced around WvW zerging, that nobody else has 1500 range, and that 1500 range actually represents a noticeable advantage in ‘normal, balanced’ play, that is to say sPvP and dungeons/fractals. Each of these assumptions is false.

If longbow rangers enjoyed actual success in sPvP, you might have a point. They don’t. The fact that a ranger with a longbow can get some easy kills in a WvW zerg means absolutely nothing as far as game balance goes, because in a fair fight (such as the 5v5 of sPvP), a longbow ranger’s 1500 range isn’t enough to compete with the better utility, mobility, toughness and damage that other setups and other professions bring to the table. Range in general isn’t much of an advantage in this game due to the extreme mobility and universal access to dodging and blocking. If this were GW1 and you were downing people in a few hits with a bow you would have a strong argument. But it isn’t, and you don’t.