Shortbow 20/20/15/0/15 - What do you think?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bamboocha.8129

Bamboocha.8129

Hey all together.

What do you think of this build?:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQBgAYpYvA7H4kpwQG/HiF

I use this build for PVE and dungeons.

Gear: Berserker
Weapon: mainly Shortbow

Is there a better choice for gear with this build?

Greetings

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Well I like it. I would just change the Skirmishing traits to 30% more pet crit dmg and pets crits heal the pet, just because I use Jaguar mostly.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

it’s looking alright from my point of view but there is one trait i would swap out

skirmishing II sharpened edges, i can see you crit chance on the calc its low but there is no gear on there, so is your crit chance high enough for it to be worth while?

even if your crit chance is high, you said you are mainly using shortbow.. that can apply bleeds fast as long as you flank them..
so you already have the ability to stack bleeds reliably.. why need a trait that only procs on chance for something you can already do?

I would say pets prowess (+30% on pet crits) is another good choice.. but if your pets are dying alot in dungeons then maybe the..

trappers defense ( Create a spike trap while reviving an ally) could be handy in dungeons (havnt tested tho)

tune it to your needs

(edited by firebreathz.7692)

in Ranger

Bamboocha.8129

Thank you very much for your input.

I tweaked the build a lil bit and I am very happy with it concerning open world pve and dungeons.

New version: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBlODbkoqvOwSyC1SQsUsnA1PwJmiDho/h0D

Gear is Berserker’s with some Soldier’s and Knight’s Accessories.

So far it works for my playstyle.

Thanks again.

(edited by Bamboocha.8129)

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

If you are running SB, I’d suggest 25 in Skirmishing to pick up Hunter’s Tactics. An extra 10% damage if you are flanking, which you should be trying to do anyways to get those Crossfire bleeds.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Bamboocha.8129

If you are running SB, I’d suggest 25 in Skirmishing to pick up Hunter’s Tactics. An extra 10% damage if you are flanking, which you should be trying to do anyways to get those Crossfire bleeds.

That’s the only thing i always think about but i don’t know what to delete instead!?

I like Companion’s defense as it often helps me to survive and the faster pet change of Loud Whistle is always something I really like.

Hard decision…

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

That’s the only thing i always think about but i don’t know what to delete instead!?

I like Companion’s defense as it often helps me to survive and the faster pet change of Loud Whistle is always something I really like.

Hard decision…

I, myself, dropped Beastmastery from 15 to 10. I found survivability on myself and my pet more important than a 4s quicker pet swap recharge.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Food for thought:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBlYDbEoqvuwSxC1SAseQYgD2FweYIjL+FUyGiC;TsAA1CtosyYlwKrVOrkWtiYUy+DA

30/30/5/0/5 SB / S+H

Nothing is perfect and what this build provides is an option for the die hard ranged players. Your ‘defense’ comes from pets CC and x2 Condition removal every 10 sec -I tested it the Sigil I use is actually not listed here its the one that TRANSFERS a condition you have to your target every 10sec, it works well.

(edited by Cempa.5619)

in Ranger

Bamboocha.8129

I think I will try a mixture:
20/30/15/0/5 or 20/25/15/0/10

These look like good alternatives for me as a jumper! ;-)