I love it! Overall feels undertuned for most but I’m hopeful polishing and tweaking will be applied for release
I could only play the preview for a few hours (curse you, stupid job) but here’s some feedback based on what we had.
DAGGER MAIN HAND
Auto-Attack Skill Chain
- Attack speed is slow and feels like it’s been built around having a lot of quickness uptime – this is bad design if it’s the case. Needs faster chain
- I understand its meant to be a condi weapon more than hybrid, but feels very undertuned – changing base duration of all conditions should be raised from 3s 4 seconds
- If it’s meant to be hybrid, the power damage should be enhanced by at least 20% to make them compete with any other main hand really
Skill 2 – Double Arc
- I feel this skill is missing a little something – a short evade perhaps? Change the animation to the Daredevil’s Weakening Charge (spin-like animation) and make the skill an evade for 0.5s
Skill 3 – Instinctive Engage
- This skill feels in a good spot – the recharge time is a bit long but with traited ‘Ambidexterity’ 12s recharge is fine -maybe change base recharge to 12s ?
So basically, dagger mainhand feels heavily undertuned, doesn’t really compete with other mainhands and feels slow.
Dagger off-hand could also see some love – such as… Ammunition on the skill 5 (yes please)
I’ll start off saying the Stance trait is both interesting and underwhelming – partial copy to allies sounds good, but there is no cooldown reduction to rather long CD skills nor any other effect. I’d really like to see something to affect either the stance duration on self OR lower the cooldowns.
- BEAR STANCE – Looks okay-ish if the numbers are tweaked OR it’d be interesting to see something like 0.5s resistance per pulse – not only conditions will be removed but also half effectiveness OR incoming conditions while on this stance heal you instead
- DOLYAK STANCE – Yeah. Broken for the duration of the preview weekend ahaha – On paper, it does look very interesting, but like other stances, rather lengthy CD – Otherwise, looks in a good spot – kinda sad the stability doesn’t pulse like Warrior’s Balanced Stance (8s duration, on 40s CD) – but hey, can’t have everything
- GRIFFON STANCE – Again with the cooldown – this one is VERY HIGH for minimal utility – I’d like to see tuning with either the CD or the duration, or both, feels heavily undertuned and the additional effect sounds minimal, as there are now plenty of self-might options for ranger
- MOA STANCE – I feel this one is in a very good spot – The boons applied have synergy with ranger traits and the 66% boon duration effect is nice
- VULTURE STANCE – This stance feels okay as well but I’m not sure in what situation I’ll use it – again, plenty of access to might and poison. Maybe add a +33% condi duration when in this stance to add more utility? Like moa increases boons, this one would increase condi durations
- ONE WOLF PACK – This stance feels very underwhelming unfortunately, especially with its rather long CD – I’d reaaally like to see a quickness aspect (due to all the quickness synergy now) – perhaps 0.5s quickness on One Wolf Pack Strike? There is a 1s strike delay on the effect. As it currently stands, I’m not sure under what situation I’ll use this elite skill either, competing with SotP and Entangle (…we don’t talk about Ranger Spirits.)
(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)