ok.jpg

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Tychondus.4821

Tychondus.4821

Wait…what? a ranger with a staff? this doesn’t fit a ranger profile. Secondly, besides the gimmicky effect of the aforementioned skill, you would most likely be an easy kill for everyone if the skill roots you. You will most certainly take damage even if you are stealthed, dont believe that stealth will protect you. Its the combination of stealth and mobility that will truly protect you. Sorry this is a really really bad idea.

What a ranger need its unbelievable mobility like the thief, because dmg is not our foray also i would like pets such as canine and cats to be able to ‘smell’ cloaked theives. They can already tell a real mes from a clone, why cant pets do something that is natural to them? </rant>

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Tychondus.4821

How do you plan on achieving this feat? of not being seen? in PvE its pointless. In WvW the name shows up way before the avatar is rendered. Therefore the enemy (and yourself) have ample time to kitten the situation and come up with an appropriate tactic. I have no idea about PvP so maybe its somehow useful in PvP. Even if you did this gimmicky skill, ur pet will be focus fired, then you will be revealed, and now u have no pet and half the dmg to hit back with. Again, really bad idea.

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Tychondus.4821

Wait so now u want pets to have strong CC and/or defensive skill? so to recap you want the ranger to have a staff, that will have a skill that will make him stealth (for an x amount time, as anet will not allow perma stealth unless you’re a thief) and be able to control a pet that will go head first into a battle and be killed almost instantly, only to (possibly) reveal you with your pants down? Have you thought this through? Rangers DONT need ROOTED skills! they need mobility! and what of the other 4 skills with this weapon? bash the enemy, club the enemy, poke the enemy? at this point you will only have one useful weapon. You might aswell not join the PvP with a setup like this

(edited by Tychondus.4821)

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

I don’t know about you guys, but I agree that every ranger needs a decent walking stick… something big enough to tell all those hooligan thieves and tricksy mesmers to get off your lawn.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Tychondus.4821

4th skill for the staff ‘get off my lawn’. Happy Faux? lol

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

4th skill for the staff ‘get off my lawn’. Happy Faux?

I will be if Clint Eastwood voices it and the end of your staff is actually a sawed-off shotgun. Bonus points if your bear looks grumpy or the cat doesn’t care.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Tychondus.4821

this i like! lol

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Is this thread in reply to something? It makes no sense at all to me.

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Reganov.3569

Reganov.3569

Ranger Staff

Skill 1: Journey – you are forced to walk everywhere and with epic music playing and lots of flyovers (Each cooldown is slightly longer than the other)
Skill 2: Rattle the stick – You rattle the stick then put some fruit juice on Simba’s head (You may only use this skill once)
Skill 3: Do not tempt me – Your shadow grows large and everyone can hear you (? cd)
Skill 4: Knock on the door – You can knock on things and they open (24 hour cd)
Skill 5: Poke – Anything you poke dies (10 week cd)

Wolfred Darkwater – Fort Aspenwood

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Reganov.3569

Reganov.3569

I think the OP deleted his own topic and comments

Wolfred Darkwater – Fort Aspenwood

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I think the OP deleted his own topic and comments

Hmm, someone had some wine with dinner.

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

It could be cool. weapon focusing on pet buffing magic and blast finishers

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Tychondus.4821

Yer OP deleted his posts and comments

ok.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Thalionsir.5976

Thalionsir.5976

Yeap, you have to wonder if this any clout of potential at all…