Is full Herald prerequistite for Renegade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

That’s it. I am working on hero points now, and have more interest in Renegade than Herald, so I’d rather save my points if I can.

in Revenant

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

It’s not, but that’s still 1 month away and what if they make it so you can only unlock it using new content? HoT mastery points won’t work for PoF for example.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

It’s not, but that’s still 1 month away and what if they make it so you can only unlock it using new content? HoT mastery points won’t work for PoF for example.

What about the WvW tokens?

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I don’t think that’s likely, both because that would be a serious change to the hero point system and because one of the biggest criticisms of HoT at launch was that they’d hyped the hell out of the new elites but you had to play through most of the expansion to earn enough HP to fully unlock them.

Not being able to play the whole expansion as the new spec was so disappointing that ANet later significantly lowered the cost of training the elites.

Having learned that lesson, they’re likely to allow players to spend existing HP to quickly / instantly fully train the new elites.

in Revenant

Posted by: xBlack.4897

xBlack.4897

That’s it. I am working on hero points now, and have more interest in Renegade than Herald, so I’d rather save my points if I can.

I really doubt that’s the case, remember that you can buy and play PoF without HoT, and whitouth its elite specializations.

So yeah, it’s safe to assume that HoT specs are not required to unlock PoF specs

in Revenant

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

It will probably happen but it took over a year after HoT release so don’t hold your breath.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in Revenant

Buran.3796

It will probably happen but it took over a year after HoT release so don’t hold your breath.

Yeah, I guess that ANet don’t want players to instantly unlock the specs with existing currencies because a slower method demands more time playing, which makes sense. Anyway, I remember that took me like 2 months to complete my main spec in HoT, but then I unlocked all my other 10 characters specs in a single month.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

To answer the thread, Herald is not a pre-requisite for Renegade, since Renegade is not an upgrade to Herald. At the moment Herald is vastly superior to Renegade (except maybe PvE condi damage), by uses and design.
If you want to play Revenant, I suggest you unlock both, giving priority to Herald if things stay the way they were during the beta weekend.

took me like 2 months to complete my main spec in HoT, but then I unlocked all my other 10 characters specs in a single month.

Took me 1 hour to unlock full Elite Spec on my previous main (Guardian) and my newly made Revenant, without using WvW. 20 Hero points were not hard to make at all when HoT launched.

in Revenant

Buran.3796

Took me 1 hour to unlock full Elite Spec on my previous main (Guardian) and my newly made Revenant, without using WvW. 20 Hero points were not hard to make at all when HoT launched.

At the HoT release there wasn’t a way to unlock Hero points outside of PvE and I was mostly a WvW/PvP player. Last weekend I bought a character slot for my second Rev and took me like 4 hour to fully unlock Her with no help and no WvW tokens spent.

I guess than in a respectable PvE guild, team playing and rushing any player could do the same wilth all the 9 specs of PoF in a weekend.