Renegade: Skill Alteration (Not gonna happen)

in Revenant

Posted by: Agile Sound.7516

Agile Sound.7516

Legendary Renegade

• AI should not have any health bars unless they can chase after enemy targets. Note: (No health bar for AI’s means can’t be killed.)
  • Instead of “Stances” It would be better suited if these skills were “Wells” considering that they apply area effects, or applications based upon the “Renegade Spirits” themselves. Personally, these skills make absolutely no sense to even be considered stances.
  • The AI are more beneficial if they do not apply damage but stick to area effects that would benefit the player(s) within them even when an enemy is not.
  • Cast times/energy cost stays the same for skills.
  • Conditions: Vulnerability, Blindness, Chill, and Slow that are “not solely dependent” upon stats such as: Power, Ferocity, Condition damage, Toughness, Healing Power, and etc would allow for more universal builds from among the other traits panels “Legendary Assassin’s (Shiro), Legendary Demon’s (Mallyx), Legendary Centaur’s (Ventari), and Legendary Dwarf’s (Jalis).”
    ———————————————————————————-

PERSONAL NOTE

I have no knowledge about how to determine the calculations used to value out the "pulses, intervals, seconds, and etc for skills therefore consider the cast times for the conditions and etc with “grain of salt.” The main factor to consider for the recommendations are:

• To make the Renegade more beneficial in WvW, PvE, and PvP. I understand that a lot of these combinations are OP, but the current "In Game skills” are not even close to being viable in PvP nor WvW at all.
    * Skills that would benefit the Renegade player whether a foe is within the radius area of skills, or not.
  • Skills that would benefit the Renegade player for staying within the radius of entities.
  • Apply conditions that are not solely dependent on a single “trait line” nor “stat” to create more diverse game-play between other Legends and trait lines.
  • Weapon skills become more prominent for Dps while the other five skills are more for survival purposes.

Breakrazor’s Bastion (In-game)

• Pulsing Area Heal: 267
  • Initial Self Heal: 3,179
  • Breakrazor’s Bastion (10s): -33% Incoming Condition Damage
  • Number of Allied Targets: 5
  • Pulses: 10
  • Interval: 1s
  • Radius: 360
  • Breaks Stun
  • Range:

The healing skill is very underwhelming especially for “clutch” situations. Pulsing area heals does nothing to negate dps. Break stun isn’t instant (in my opinion). Breakrazor’s Bastion isn’t beneficial for the player to negate conditions.

Breakrazor’s Bastion (Recommendations) (No Health bar for AI)

• Pulsing Area Heal: 310-380 (Applies Healing to Allies)
  • Initial Barrier: 3,579-4200 (Applies Barrier to allies)
  • Breakrazor’s Bastion (10s): Conditions Converted to boons: 1-2, Interval: 5s
  • Boon Conversion: Fury (4s)
  • Boon Conversion: Stability ( Retaliation, Aegis, or Vigor) (4s)
  • Daze: ½s (initial cast only)
  • Breaks Stun
  • Range: 600
  • Combo field: Water

Skill based off of: “Sand Flare” + “Healing Spring” + “Lunar Impact + “Signet of Vampirism ”

Reason for these recommendations:

1. The In-game version of the skill doesn’t provide any initiative protections against burst damage.
  2. The Daze will synergize with the break stun to ward enemy players/Npcs and avoid initial burst dps.
  3. Barrier will provide protection to the Renegade player/Allies and would provide the player to stay within the radius “just” long enough to obtain the pulse healing.
  4. Breakeazor can convert conditions into Fury which will keep the Renegade player engaged and enable them to bunker and kit hits for a short duration of time.

(edited by Agile Sound.7516)

in Revenant

Agile Sound.7516

Icerazor’s Ire (In-game)

• Damage (20x):
  • Vulnerability (3s):
  • Cripple(1s):
  • Number of cast: 20
  • Duration 6 seconds
  • Radius 360
  • Range 600:

The vulnerability applied was fantastic and the AI does extremely well spreading the condition towards multiple foes, I really don’t have any complaints with this skill except that the dps is underwhelming.

Icerazor’s Ire (Recommendations) (No Health bar for AI)

• Slow (1-2s) per cast: (Slows enemies in area).
  • Number of Cast (4-20) (Dependent on number of foes that enter area)
  • Number of Targets: 3-5
  • Chill per pulse (1-2s): (combo field: only)
  • Chill at start (2s): (initial cast only) (The same foe cannot be chilled more than once per interval, or enemy player is only chilled once upon entry, or exiting radius except for combo field.
  • Duration 6 seconds
  • Radius 360:
  • Range 600:
  • Combo Field: Ice
  • Unblockable

Skill based off of: “Time Warp” + “Frozen Ground”

1. His name is Icerazor.
  2. Slow will make skills more interruptible.
  3. Chill will keep enemies at a distance (no need to apply damage to Icerazor would be way too OP).

Razorclaw (In-game)

• Razorclaw’s Rage (10s)
  • Bleeding (2s)
  • Interval: 1 second

I found this skill to be quite underwhelming for PvP and WvW it does well against the Golems and PvP/WvW npc’s but against actual players It was completely useless enemy players just ran inside radius and slaughtered me in the process. The skill doesn’t have any form of application that would make an enemy disengage the Renegade

• Razorclaw (Recommendations) (No Health bar for AI)*
  • Razorclaw’s Rage (10s)
  • Bleeding (2s)
  • Vulnerability (5s): 2% Incoming Damage, 2% Incoming Condition Damage: (area vulnerability)
  • Pulses: 6
  • Interval: 1 second
  • Duration 6 seconds
  • Radius 360:
  • Range 600:
  • Unblockable

Optional
Adding some form of boon, or boon strip in exchange for the unblockable (the vulnerability would be unblockable however)"

Skill based off of: “Well of Suffering” + “Razorclaws Rage” + “Icerazor”
Reasons for these recommendations:

1. His name is Razorclaw.
  2. Vulnerability stacks based on players within field.
  3. Razorclaw bleed mechanic stays the same as before; player must be in field for bleed application to take effect). Note: Players benefit being in area of Razorclaw due to bleed mechanic.

in Revenant

Agile Sound.7516

Darkrazor’s Daring

• Damage (6x): 750
  • Daze: ¼s
  • Number of Targets: 5
  • Duration: 6s

This skill is great for PvE scenarios. PvP and WvW players just move out of the way and avoid entirely.

Darkrazor’s Daring (Recommendations) (No Health bar for AI)

• Blind (1-3s): Next outgoing attack misses.
  • Number of Targets: 3 (3 instead of 5 due to radius would be OP if it was 5)
  • Pulse: 1 s
  • Combo Field: Smoke (possibility to stealth)
  • Range 600:
  • Unblockable

Optional

Adding Cripple would also be beneficial in exchange for reducing Blind from “3s” to “2-1s”
Change the Mist animations from Gray to a more Dark Grey.

Skill based off of: “Well of Darkness” + “Icerazor Ire”

1. Her name is Darkrazor therefore she’s Ash legion .
  2. Blindness will make things more survivable and instead of wasting 35 energy for another player to just run out of the field I would much rather for the daze to be applied for the bow (more controllable).
  3. Smoke field creates possibility for Stealth which is beneficial even if enemy player has left area, or is outside of area.

Soulcleave’s Summit (In-game)

• Life Siphon Damage: 748
  • Life Siphon Heal: 386 (0.2)?
  • Soulcleave’s Summit: Your outgoing strikes deal additional damage and restore your health.

Soulcleave’s Summit (Recommendations) (No Health bar for AI)

• Life Siphon Damage: 748
  • Life Siphon Heal: 386 (0.2)? (per attack made by player)
  • Barrier: 374 (0.2)? (per pulse within area)
  • Barrier Pulse: 1-2s
  • Soulcleave’s Summit: Your outgoing strikes deal additional damage and restore your health while receiving Barrier within the target area.
  • Combo Field: Ice
  • Unblockable

Skill based off of: “Signet of Might” + " Life Siphon" + “Lava Skin”

in Revenant

Agile Sound.7516

1. Soulcleave’s Summit doesn’t provide enough protection nor does it have any auto healing mechanics pertaining to it just incase if the character misses, or attacks are blocked.
  2. Reason for the barrier mechanic: Even if the enemy player has left the area players should still benefit health-wise in some manner.
  3. Without the unblockable status in it’s current state the skill becomes wasteful especially going up against opponents with shields and blocks.

Additional Mechanics

Orders from Above (In-Game)

• Alacrity (1s): 33% Skill Recharge Rate.
  • Duration: 4s
  • Radius: 240

I really don’t see the point in “Alacrity” being even used for the Revenant period due to the energy cost of the Revenants skill sets themselves.

Orders from Above (Recommendations)

• Superspeed (1s).
  • Duration: 5-7s
  • Radius: 240
  • Combo field: Blast Finisher

1. The Renegade lacks speed skills severely.
  2. Superspeed isn’t a boon and therefore cannot be stripped.
  3. Orders from Above (Superspeed) can be applied even after swapping legends due to it being an additional mechanic.
  4. Its more beneficial to the Revenant “itself” which uses energy rather than “recharge time.” Now if Alacrity reduced the amount of energy used for skills then “I would be absolutely fine with it”.
  5. Added a blast finisher so that it could be used with other skills sets above. Once more I’m not a developer so without the skills Legendary Renegade combo fields above Blast Finisher is useless.

Citadel Bombardment (In-game)
  • Damage: 0
  • Burning (2¼s): 295 Damage
  • Ordnance Count: 10
  • Targets per Ordnance: 3
  • Radius: 120
  • Range: 900

Skill is perfect for DPS and burst dmg.

Citadel Bombardment (Recommendations)

• Burning (2¼s): 295 Damage
  • Ordnance Count: 10
  • Targets per Ordnance: 3
  • Added a blast finisher so that it could be used with other skills sets above. Once more I’m not a developer so without the skills Legendary Renegade combo fields above Blast Finisher is useless.

Heroic Command (In-game)

• Kalla’s Fervor (12s): 30 Ferocity, 2% Condition Damage
  • Might per Kalla’s Fervor (12s): +30 Power, +30 Condition Damage
  • Radius: 300

in Revenant

Agile Sound.7516

Heroic Command (Recommendations)

• Kalla’s Fervor (12s): 30 Ferocity, 2% Condition Damage
  • Might per Kalla’s Fervor (12s): +30 Power, +30 Condition Damage
  • Fury
  • Radius: 300

1. Added a blast finisher so that it could be used with other skills sets above. Once more I’m not a developer so without the skills Legendary Renegade combo fields above Blast Finisher is useless.

Short Bow

• Personally, in my opinion, the short-bow is lacking a “Daze, Combo Finisher: Blast, and an Evade” skill.

Scattershot (In-Game)

• Bleeding (0s): 0 Damage
  • Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% chance)

In my opinion this skill is fine, due to the amount of targets.

Bloodbane Path (In-Game)

• Damage (3x): 318
  • 3 Bleeding (5s): 330 Damage
  • Number of Targets: 3

In my opinion this skill is fine, does a great amount of dps.

Skill compared to: “Poisson Volley” + “Cluster Bomb”

Sevenshot (In-Game)

• Damage (7x): 576
  • 7 Torment (3s): 462 Damage, 668 Damage if Moving

The shots target a single location but still would not determine a successful hit for all arrows resulting in lower DPS.

in Revenant

Agile Sound.7516

Sevenshot (recommendations)

• Damage (7x): 576
  • 7 Torment (3s): 462 Damage, 668 Damage if Moving
  • Dazes (1/2) (The same foe cannot be dazed more than once per interval.)

_ Skill compared to: “Concussion Shot” + “Choking Gas”_

1. If we add a daze to the arrows not only would it now be an interruptible skill but it would also compensate for all arrows no hitting a specified target.

Spiritcrush (In-Game)

• Damage (4x): 588 (1.6)?
  • 4 Burning (1s): 524 Damage
  • 4 Slow (1s): Skills and actions are slower.
  • Pulses: 4
  • Duration: 3s
  • Combo Field: Fire

Spiritcrush (Recommendations)

• Damage (4x): 588 (1.6)?
  • 4 Burning (1s): 524 Damage
  • 4 Slow (1s): Skills and actions are slower.
  • Pulses: 4
  • Duration: 3s
  • Shadowstep (backwards) or (to target location) evasion (This is quite OP though…)
  • Combo Field: Fire

Skill compared to: “Quick Shot” + “Disabling Shot”

1. The one thing the shortbow lacks is a good evasion, or teleportation skill that can keep an enemy player from consistently attacking you.
  2. While the area effect can ward off enemy players from the Renegade by forcing the opponent to leave attack radius and while the Scorchrazor ability can knock down an opponent if someone gets to close. The shortbow lacks an ability to change direction or avoid a direct hit from an attack.
  3. Option 1: If the player character can teleport within the field it’s self then it would compensate the character bringing the player within range to cause damage or apply one of
  4. Option 2: If the player character can teleport away from the attack radius.
  5. Your not as dependent upon the Legendary Renegade, or other skills for survival.

Scorchrazor (In-Game)

• Damage: 80
  • 2 Burning (2s): 524 Damage
  • Knockdown: 2s

In my opinion this skill is fine.

Skill compared to: “Infiltrator’s Arrow” + “Crippling Shot"

And that’s it everyone if you have any suggestions let me know. ????

in Revenant

Posted by: aimz.6287

aimz.6287

Give this man an oscar, its true REVENANT needs a buff 100% if not I’ll quit the game and these recommendations happen it will help the class for sure super work man

in Revenant

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I’m not so sure I agree with Soulcleave’s Summit being an ice field over a fire field; the projectile finisher burning and blasting for might seems much more valuable to me.

Alacrity actually benefits Kalla’s utilities and our weapon skills… but mostly Kalla’s f skills. Their CDs are decently long, and alacrity helps to get back to them quicker, meaning more might sharing and more burning from the bombardment, as well as more warband summoning. Not to mention the value of alacrity in group settings.

If there’s any place where alacrity is questionable, it’s on ventari… a legend that’s longest CD is 5 seconds long…

Also, this is very minor, but every utility skill on revenant goes by the same naming conventions. Shiro utilities are all called “Legendary Assassin”s, Mallyx’s are called “Legendary Demon”s. Don’t know where you saw “Stances” on utility skill types. Kalla’s utilities are categorized as “Legendary Renegade” utilities.

The thing I agree with you most on is that Icerazor’s Ire should chill. It seems like such an obvious thing for ICErazor. Revenants have never crippled anything in the past, and we have existing traits that synergize with chill, so this seems like a design oversight that it cripples at the moment.

I think instead of the heal being a stun break… or in addition to it being a stun break… either the f2 or f4 should stun break as well.

Part of me kind of feels like the warband summons should have been the profession mechanic, and the f skills be the utilities. We’re not really channeling Kalla… we’re channeling her warband. The f skills are more "Kalla’ than the utilities are, and you don’t even need to be using Kalla to get them. The fantasy of this elite spec just seems off and pretty stilted.

(edited by Malthurius.6870)

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Breakrazor’s Bastion (Recommendations) (No Health bar for AI)

• Pulsing Area Heal: 310-380 (Applies Healing to Allies)
  • Initial Barrier: 3,579-4200 (Applies Barrier to allies)
  • Breakrazor’s Bastion (10s): Conditions Converted to boons: 1-2, Interval: 5s
  • Boon Conversion: Fury (4s)
  • Boon Conversion: Stability ( Retaliation, Aegis, or Vigor) (4s)
  • Daze: ½s (initial cast only)
  • Breaks Stun
    *Combo field: Water

Skill based off of: “Sand Flare” + “Healing Spring” + “Lunar Impact + “Signet of Vampirism ”

1. The In-game version of the skill doesn’t provide any initiative protections against burst damage.
  2. The Daze will synergize with the break stun to ward enemy players/Npcs and avoid initial burst dps.
  3. Barrier will provide protection to the Renegade player/Allies and would provide the player to stay within the radius “just” long enough to obtain the pulse healing.
  4. Breakeazor can convert conditions into Fury which will keep the Renegade player engaged and enable them to bunker and kit hits for a short duration of time.

it seems too strong . also you lose the spirit effect if it cant be killed.

i like your idea and would like to improve them a bit

make the AI killable. but make it also worthy for your allies if they were killed.

so :
Summon Era Breakrazor to heal your allies while shielding them from condition damage.

Pulsing Area Heal: 267 – if Era Breakrazor get killed you gain a barrier of 2,000
Initial Self Heal: 3,179
Breakrazor’s Bastion (10s): -33% Incoming Condition Damage – if Era Breakrazor get killed you gain 66% for 5 more sec
Number of Allied Targets: 5
Pulses: 10 – if Era Breakrazor get killed you gain 5 more pulses
Interval: 1s
Radius: 360
Breaks Stun – remove it and give it to the elite as we lack of stability as heavy front class.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

Razorclaw’s Rage – enhance your attack by bleeding!? maybe try more.
seem it more for pve and not pvp and wvw.
so if it get killed it stun enemy players and spray the area with caltrops (like thief utility) unblockable 360r

Darkrazor’s Daring – also enhance your attack with slow and torment 1 sec. if it get killed spray the area with smoke field which proc blind . more option to daze the target by the AI.

Icerazor’s Ire – also enhance your attack with chill for 1 sec. if it get killed spray the area with ice field for 5 sec.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Razorclaw’s Rage – enhance your attack by bleeding!? maybe try more.
seem it more for pve and not pvp and wvw.

As I said in another thread, that’s still to be seen. That healing alone and the fact that wells can be CC, or the simple fact that we still have no cleansing will make Kalla’s legend unusable in PvE, even just exploration.

We’ll maybe use Renegade and MAYBE use shortbow if bugs are fixed before 2 years, but Kalla’s skills are just terrible.

in Revenant

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I like that 20 strikes vulni summon. Combine it with bleed one and you get some nice extra damage from it alone. I only started my renegade test (after getting my machine in order) but i feel a lot of critique is undeserved. I see what they’re doing with renegade and it seems well planned and synergetic.

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

I like that 20 strikes vulni summon. Combine it with bleed one and you get some nice extra damage from it alone. I only started my renegade test (after getting my machine in order) but i feel a lot of critique is undeserved. I see what they’re doing with renegade and it seems well planned and synergetic.

Where? Do that and you are out of energy, forced to swap. Some tweaks and it would rock though.

in Revenant

Posted by: allias.1420

allias.1420

Legendary Renegade

• AI should not have any health bars unless they can chase after enemy targets. Note: (No health bar for AI’s means can’t be killed.)

Personally, I like that the AI can be killed. It makes Renegade that little bit more unique, because as far as I know, no other class is the same in that respect. However, I agree that the AI should at least be far more powerful than it currently is, as you suggest in your posts. Other than that, I really like your suggestions and I seriously hope the devs listen to you. They made changes just before HoT was released to please the fans and I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it this time around!

in Revenant

Agile Sound.7516

Give this man an oscar, its true REVENANT needs a buff 100% if not I’ll quit the game and these recommendations happen it will help the class for sure super work man

Thanks aimz.6287 for the support!

I’m not so sure I agree with Soulcleave’s Summit being an ice field over a fire field; the projectile finisher burning and blasting for might seems much more valuable to me.

Thanks Malthurius.6870 for the reply! I don’t mind whether the combo field fire or Ice I mainly just wanted to add a combo field to apply more synergy between other weapon sets, mainly shortbow though.

Alacrity actually benefits Kalla’s utilities and our weapon skills… but mostly Kalla’s f skills. Their CDs are decently long, and alacrity helps to get back to them quicker, meaning more might sharing and more burning from the bombardment, as well as more warband summoning. Not to mention the value of alacrity in group settings.

The main reson why I had an issue with the Alacrity boon was mainly due to the energy cost of the skill while Alacrity is beneficial it was just extremely difficult maintain other skills while using it on the Rnegade itself even when swapping legends. I guess the best way that I can descibe would be if Alacrity can reduce the cooldown for a skill can it also reduce the energy count, or restore energy pips for skills in process aswell?

If there’s any place where alacrity is questionable, it’s on ventari… a legend that’s longest CD is 5 seconds long…

Most definatly lol.

Also, this is very minor, but every utility skill on revenant goes by the same naming conventions. Shiro utilities are all called “Legendary Assassin”s, Mallyx’s are called “Legendary Demon”s. Don’t know where you saw “Stances” on utility skill types. Kalla’s utilities are categorized as “Legendary Renegade” utilities.

Thanks for the tip i’ll make the corrections above.

The thing I agree with you most on is that Icerazor’s Ire should chill. It seems like such an obvious thing for ICErazor. Revenants have never crippled anything in the past, and we have existing traits that synergize with chill, so this seems like a design oversight that it cripples at the moment.

Yea I really didn’t understand the cripple aspect of it. I wonder if they thought that chill would be a tad bit too OP if it was a field, or due to the radius being 360.

I think instead of the heal being a stun break… or in addition to it being a stun break… either the f2 or f4 should stun break as well.

Part of me kind of feels like the warband summons should have been the profession mechanic, and the f skills be the utilities. We’re not really channeling Kalla… we’re channeling her warband. The f skills are more "Kalla’ than the utilities are, and you don’t even need to be using Kalla to get them. The fantasy of this elite spec just seems off and pretty stilted.

I seriously agree with this, after playing the Scourge (shades) and the Firebrands (tomes) I was wondering why the route you explained wasn’t taken.

in Revenant

Agile Sound.7516

it seems too strong . also you lose the spirit effect if it cant be killed.

I agree, the “recommendation” skill is most definately OP its just that for very critical situations whereby you take burst dps, or are very low on health only after swapping from a previous legend for another “energy rotation” the Renegade player really needs some form of “comeback” heal.

i like your idea and would like to improve them a bit

Pulsing Area Heal: 267 – if Era Breakrazor get killed you gain a barrier of 2,000
Initial Self Heal: 3,179
Breakrazor’s Bastion (10s): -33% Incoming Condition Damage – if Era Breakrazor get killed you gain 66% for 5 more sec
Number of Allied Targets: 5
Pulses: 10 – if Era Breakrazor get killed you gain 5 more pulses
Interval: 1s
Radius: 360
Breaks Stun – remove it and give it to the elite as we lack of stability as heavy front class.

I would agree with the suggestion more if instead of the -33% , or the -66%s if the Renegade were given a form of resistance instead. I’m just saying after encountering Scourages, Weavers, a few Burst SpellBreakers, and Deadeyes in PvP we are really going to need some initial barrier for the heal to even put up a fighting chance. Also we have to look at it from a players perepctive If I had to choose between attacking Breakrazor 3k Health and a Renegade player at 5k Health I would most defeinatly attack the Rengade and get them down as quickly as possible.

make the AI killable. but make it also worthy for your allies if they were killed.

The main way that I can agree with the killable AI is if the Npc’s are allowed to stay alive for a specific amount of time similar to:
Protected Phantasms — Phantasms gain distortion briefly upon creation. Illusions gain protection when you activate a shatter skill.
The other issue that about the killable AI is that they are only alive for 6 seconds.

Thanks Kidel.2057, ZeftheWicked.3076, and Joxer.6024 for your replies!

Personally, I like that the AI can be killed. It makes Renegade that little bit more unique, because as far as I know, no other class is the same in that respect. However, I agree that the AI should at least be far more powerful than it currently is, as you suggest in your posts. Other than that, I really like your suggestions and I seriously hope the devs listen to you. They made changes just before HoT was released to please the fans and I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it this time around!

Thank Allias for your reply!

So it’s not that I wouldn’t mind the AI having health it’s just that I ran into these four situations while playing.

1. The AI having more health rather then be non-killable are the NPC’s attacking certain targets in PvE. To me it’s more beneficial if the enemy NPC’s ignore them while attacking you to apply combos rather than summoning one of the AI only for it to be destroyed and wasting the energy that was used to summon it.
  2. For PvP despite me placing the AI on the battlefield the other players just ignored it and slaughtered me lol.
  3. Zergs in WvW would just ignore them outrightly anyway, or destroy them on the spot.
  4. The AI durations are only 6 seconds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I believe Soulcleave’s Summit is currently a fire field, this information was simply missing from the tooltip.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Stun break on healing is a terrible idea

in Revenant

Agile Sound.7516

Thanks for your reply Malthurius.6870 and Kidel.2057!

I’m really am starting to believe that the Rev would become a lot more viable if the energy cost were lowered, or if we had skills that could regenerate energy rather than just relying on legend swap. Just saying if you look at the GW1 skills like “Blood is Power” you gain energy at the sacrifice of health. I think if these mechanics were brought back without too many alteration the class could focus upon more of each legend acting out there particular role Mallyx being condition, Jalis Toughness, Shiro Power, Glint Boons, Kalla…trying to figure out…. Another part that baffles me is the sheer fact that we don’t get energy upon weapon swap and that the weapons cost energy at all. The class would be way more beneficial without these issues.

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Some of these changes are good. The AI being immune is a must. There are two problems that you may consider:

1) CC break on heals need to be changed to something else.
2) Energy costs of the Kalla are unrealistically high.

I think that F1-F3 skills should have no energy costs. They already have long CDs. Utilities have 15 sec CD, so energy cost should be dropped significantly. 10 energy in my opinion is sufficient.

Since we are on the suggestion topic, I would suggest somewhere in the traits that protection in addition to what it normally does, it reduces damage you receive from condis by 33%. The heal (or another of the utilities) convert conditions to 1-1.5 sec protection for each condi removed. This also synergies with the trait that provides 4 sec protection on using Kalla’s utilities.

I also would suggest that renegade have a new mechanic attach to one of the utilities or the heal providing boon protection; boons are not subject to corruption or removal for the boon protection duration.

I think that Darkrazor’s Daring instead of providing Daze should be defensive in nature. It can be the CC break instead of the heal and provide some sort of defensive debuff.

Lastly, I suggest changing Kalla’s Fervor from what it currently does to 1% buff to all damage regardless of the source. This works for both power and condi buff.

in Revenant

messiah.1908

Since we are on the suggestion topic, I would suggest somewhere in the traits that protection in addition to what it normally does, it reduces damage you receive from condis by 33%. The heal (or another of the utilities) convert conditions to 1-1.5 sec protection for each condi removed. This also synergies with the trait that provides 4 sec protection on using Kalla’s utilities.

the main fact is that we lack condi cleanse so to take 33% less condi dmg while warrior has perma resistance is not gonna work

ppl tend to forget we are heavy class like guard and warrior and have the worst condi handling in the game which push us to mallyx resistance which now can be rip, stolen, removed by every class in the game whle it nrg utilities are high.
so protection with 33% less condi dmg is also a boon.
we need more cleanse

with f2-f4 maybe like guards have. f1 gives barrier, f2 trasfer conditions to foes, f3 blocks attack and blind…