So who's loving herald???

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

During the beta week everyone here was super hyped up! What names and races did you all pick? Is everything living up to your hype?

I ended up with a sylvari named Droid.

I’m loving sword auto attack got used to the animations, started getting some use with my 2 skill in mobs and starting fights. Still loving UA for single target damage. I love finally having a shield on a class I use, shield 4 is great in events to throw down before a big attack to help group with a heal, shield 5 I personally love as I can save some endurance, use before big attacks and get a heal.

Loving my perma fury and swiftness lots, plus facet of strength to start fights for 20 stacks of vulnerability. Switching to Jalis for heal and the hammers helps a lot in uh oh situations.

Good bye you slow moving guardian and hello glint!

You all enjoying?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I still haven’t unlocked all of Herald, but I made the character I played in the betas. I’m actually having a lot more fun with Shiro in the mean time. Staff + Sword/Sword is great. I decided to work my way through the original story before I get into HoT which is why it’s taking so long to unlock everything.

Human Noble, Scythe Darkhart

I can’t wait to get all of Herald done. I love the play of it, and perma swiftness for getting around without having to use any gimmicks is amazing.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Revenant

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Avarya Lightbringer – female human herald with a hammer. Love the permaswiftness and permafury on demand. ~90% crit chance and ~220 crit damage is also very nice and I’m not even wearing ascended armor yet.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Revenant

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Sir Belzebu = Male human
It is amazing, sword/axe + hammer is great, glint’s heal is amazing when you learn how to use properly, it makes you pop the heal and look for there the damage is concentrated and jump in there.
If you are running low on health and all the healing are on CD you can move back a bit, swap to hammer, cast hammer #4 and the auto attack will heal you.
Glints F2 just to pop it during fights to get all the boons and spike your damage combining with Shiro’s heal and watch HP bars melt is beautiful.
Herald is pretty close to me as Reaper in fun and power, I’m also enjoying Dragon Hunter more than I thought but I also wan’t expecting that much :P

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I love it with every part of my being.

in Revenant

Posted by: SlaveIITheGame.3692

SlaveIITheGame.3692

Amelia Meowcow, charr

Finding concept of herald confusing in group events. Thinking I should camp herald with neutral energy loss for benefit of others and auto attack isn’t really doing it for me. Probably playing it wrong… I am however loving minion zero reaper though, can’t stop smiling as I play that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Lord Tyrpocalypse

youve seen me

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

For open world stuff my favourite thing is playing Herald with a fluid second legend, I’ve got both condi gear and power as well as celestial gear. Most of the time is spent in power gear providing boons to people; I have always loved that so much in mmos – not necessarily heal support but providing buffs and the like while support-dpsing.

Most-slotted weapon is staff, as i can’t live without its utility and i love its look, but sword/x or mace/axe is often the second, unless i need range and it’s Hammer-time (which i also love so, wish we had three slots…).

She’s named Saeunn Ravengaze and is obviously a Norn – the bestest race. No bias whatsoever here.

in Revenant

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

Amazing class, great work on Glint anet. Only thing I’d ask for is the upkeep on the heal (6) be it’s own personal buffed regeneration, as normal regeneration isn’t very useful outside of extremely long fights.

in Revenant

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

Have only been playing a few days but so far have been very impressed with Rev in general. (Not going to mention the underwater stuff because the core of the rev feels very solid to me and that’s where it counts.)

Character feels very adaptive to its environment and many of the basic design decisions that may look bad on paper, such as having a very boring attack rotation (i.e., quickness/auto1 sword), was actually very fun to play with. The quickness/auto1 combo feels more strategic and as a result more satisfying than remembering rotation sequences of other classes. Besides being mentally stimulating, it allows me to save the majority of my mental resources for reading and reacting to the situation at hand, which also feels very satisfying since the character is well equipped to do so. You feel empowered as the character (a feel similar to the console Batman) and don’t suffer from having to fight game mechanics at any time (e.g., pets).

Great start on a new profession.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

in Revenant

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Not a fan. The ground targeting and indirect damage of the hammer is not engaging for me, and the sword attack doesn’t really feel like im hitting anything with force. Back to the warrior…

Each to their own.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in Revenant

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

I dont use it,as the matter of a fact i find revenat hardest class to play of them all,it is a chalange since i see ppl are using it and are ok with it.
Main thing i cant fully grasp is energy on utility and elite skill .
When i compare it to a thief i simply cant imagine playing with initiative on utilities.

Back to herald question i find it even more luckluster than whole revenant thing, there is no condi cleanse on it, if you have nmore than one buff on it will eat your energy and heal (shield 5 is the same thing if not worse since it roots you)is very situational
and can be easyly avoided bypassed by simply not attacking or with unblocakbale attacks.

First tier of traits is completly usless to me. rewst are meh and i do better with other specializations than with herald,but thats just me…

in Revenant

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

My biggest gripe is that since I haven’t fully unlocked Herald I feel like I’m being inefficient by using Legendary Dragon.

Being level 80 and only having two skills on my bar isn’t very appealing. The fact that the empty spots insist on flashing at me every few seconds makes it that much easier for me to ignore the skills for now – it’s annoying.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

My only complain here is a thing we have say a lot of time. I have problem with Herald coz he is MANDATORY. The perma swiftness make him a legend to always have in travelling and the legend herself is actually too strong compared to others legends, who are flawed by Herald power. Glint was designed like a support legend but look at her, she actually is a big dps legend, she can tank and support. So she is the legend that make all herself. In that case why have we others choice of legends? Why can we swap? Herald is clearly designed to be the “revenant” for now. And it’s a little annoying. When can we have some Jalis Ironhammer, king of the dwarfs who has beat the great destroyer, a little love? An Mallyx the unyielding the most powerfull margonite ? They are barelly childrens compared to Glint. A pity.
But i actually think we must stay with it some times, if not always. Look at the warrior, the class is the abandonned class, nothing was changed since three years. I’m pretty sure we have the same fate. Revenant was rushed for being playable the 23 october, but it’s clearly not. Now, if it’s going to have changes someday, there is not before long time i’m afraid. And i admit i actually can’t wait three years being stuck in Shiro/Glint when i have choose this class for using different legends and different playstyles.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: TheDarkSoul.1938

TheDarkSoul.1938

It’s true that Herald is amazing to the point of being mandatory, but I honestly don’t think this will be the case for so long. Revenant is the new class and obviously one of the big draws for people to buy HoT – I imagine they’ll be paying an awful lot of attention to it, which includes buffing/nerfing legends, skills and traits where they need to be. I reckon we’ll be seeing slightly reworked versions of Mallyx and Jalis in the near future so that Glint/Shiro won’t be so standard.
But really, I think people expected Rev’s elite to be somewhat “too” good. Rev is after all the only profession that’s had it’s elite spec designed along with it. Anet hasn’t had chance, like they have with the other professions, to say “Ok, this is the state of x profession, this is what it’s lacking, this is what it’s particularly good at, this is how the elite will work with the core traitlines” etc etc. I’d say just give it some time and we’ll have a much more rounded Revenant, not just a Herald.

Fissure Of Woe – [lpe]
I Silent – Thief
…. That’s about it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Humblekain.5418

Humblekain.5418

My biggest gripe is that since I haven’t fully unlocked Herald I feel like I’m being inefficient by using Legendary Dragon.

Being level 80 and only having two skills on my bar isn’t very appealing. The fact that the empty spots insist on flashing at me every few seconds makes it that much easier for me to ignore the skills for now – it’s annoying.

Yeah, slotting Herald before it’s fully unlocked prompts the game to be extremely obnoxious.

“Hey there… noticed you forgot to slot some skills? Don’t worry, I’ll pulse flash consistently forever until you do something about it.

Oh, what’s that, you can’t?

GUESS I’LL KEEP DOING IT ANYWAY IN CASE YOU SOMEHOW FORGET YOU’RE NOT RUNNING FULLY SLOTTED UTILITY AT LEVEL 80 LIKE AN IDIOT, EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT"

Yeah… I know… can you stop flashing every 2 seconds, its’s not helping my headache caused by the hero-point spawned champion that stomped my face into the floor.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I agree that Herald is pretty mandatory right now. I keep trying a build a non-Herald build (for WvW roaming) but haven’t had any success yet. That said, I don’t always use Glint (though Glint is really good too), but I do atleast spec into Herald pretty much all the time.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

After playing during BWE0 when it was Mallyx/Jallis/Ventari and BWE1 when it was the base Revenant it’s certainly viable and plenty of builds pre-Revenant that were doing fantastic in all game modes.

However Herald adds huge quality of life improvements over the base revenant on top of some incredible burst survivability that make it seem necessary. In addition to their boon benefits, there are a number of great attacks in Herald which is great compared to other lackluster lines like Jalis or Mallyx.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Not a fan. The ground targeting and indirect damage of the hammer is not engaging for me, and the sword attack doesn’t really feel like im hitting anything with force. Back to the warrior…

Each to their own.

Are we playing with the same sword? Because I’ve been seeing 6k autos pretty consistently, and that’s not even counting the bonus damage from the rift created by the third hit of the chain. It’s miles ahead of Warrior’s sword DPS.

But anyway, I’m also loving Herald. I retired my Guardian and put his name (Black Box) on my Revenant, and I haven’t looked back since. I think my favorite part is just not having to worry about silly things like being slow and having melee projectiles reflected in my face.

in Revenant

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

Each to their own.

Are we playing with the same sword? Because I’ve been seeing 6k autos pretty consistently, and that’s not even counting the bonus damage from the rift created by the third hit of the chain. It’s miles ahead of Warrior’s sword DPS.

But anyway, I’m also loving Herald. I retired my Guardian and put his name (Black Box) on my Revenant, and I haven’t looked back since. I think my favorite part is just not having to worry about silly things like being slow and having melee projectiles reflected in my face.

I think he’s talking about the animations, not the numbers. If he is, then I kind of agree with him, the AA animation on sword is a little lackluster. That said, my guard got relegated to alt status as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Loving the Rev. Not so much on the Herald.
As I stated in another thread the ground effect is throwing me off. I think I’ll stick with the core Rev, for the foreseeable future.

Character name: The Blackwight (Norn)

in Revenant

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

So far, so good. Just hit level 80, but dinged into a full set of ascended gear (leftovers from guard). I’m interested to see how well we can solo difficult content (i.e. champs, dungeons).

Character: Solstius (Asuran Revenant)

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Same sentiments. It’s the F2 from Herald line that pushes it way over the top to be required. It’s not a bad thing to be pigeon-holed (as every class has a best-build) but it sure would be nice if Revenant’s other lines had similar F2 utility/offense/defense. And this would go a long ways to potentially fixing Ventari/Salvation line (AoE burst healing on a longer cooldown).

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Same sentiments. It’s the F2 from Herald line that pushes it way over the top to be required. It’s not a bad thing to be pigeon-holed (as every class has a best-build) but it sure would be nice if Revenant’s other lines had similar F2 utility/offense/defense. And this would go a long ways to potentially fixing Ventari/Salvation line (AoE burst healing on a longer cooldown).

Yeah, I think this is it exactly. I can equip two core specializations and debate over what to use as the third… and Herald usually wins because F2 gives 10 seconds of fury, 7 seconds of protection, plus might / switftness / regen to me and everyone around me, every 25 seconds. For what I play (WvW roaming) generally no single other trait line has something that can compete with this.
Plus the Herald traits are pretty good too, even if you don’t equip Glint.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

I ended up making a Sylvari named kittenabelle because i wanted do experience HoT with one.

I think it’s alright. I absolutely love Mace/Axe and Malyx since it’s such an active playstyle and i adore the animations, Mace #2 is great fun. But don’t think it will be that great in PvE beacuse you know, torment.
Sword/Shiro… not so much. It’s ok and all but it’s far too passive for my tastes, and that’s from someone who mains a Necro/usedto main a Ranger.
You just toggle Against All Odds or the Malyx elite when your run out energy and just auto attack. Pretty dull imo. I really wish AAO did something diffirent so i had energy to spare to use the other stuff, but it’s so kitten ed effective it feels dumb not too.

All in all i like it ok, maybe i’ll like it more once i unlock Herald since the “aura twisting”/bard type thing appeals to me, but for now it won’t replace my Reaper as main.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

If Mallyx was better, Herald would not be mandatory. Mace is an AWESOME weapon, but it has no support from any traitline.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Was really struggling with Revenent in AB, until Herald was fully unlocked. Now Herald/Shiro and Herald/Jalis are awesome combos. Herald/Jalis is great for champs in Maguuma. Jalis for pulling down the break bar outside of condi fields and Herald for group dps. Mobility/permaswiftness is great for those maps. Shield is great too. Just need to get an ascended one!

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

in Revenant

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

it’s like when Blizz released DKs and they were topping DPS over rogues and warriors while still having superior self healing and tanking.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief