Stats for Revenant Sword/Axe + SB

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Looking for help with stats as I was roaming around Tangling Depths, when I realized I had level 10 accessories….

Plan on using Sword + Axe, and Shortbow. Renegade and likely Assassin stance (I like the CC and speed).

Curious what stats I should be looking at. I do know that the Shortbow has some fervor buff which you can gain from crits, so I’m thinking Precision might be good.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

As of now, I don’t know of any new condi stat types for rev that will outshine Vipers’, but I could be wrong. Until then, I will be using Viper’s stats for Renegade when it comes out since the Griever’s stat doesn’t give condi duration.

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

As of now, I don’t know of any new condi stat types for rev that will outshine Vipers’, but I could be wrong. Until then, I will be using Viper’s stats for Renegade when it comes out since the Griever’s stat doesn’t give condi duration.

Condi specific doesn’t really meld well with sword/axe though right? Is there a middle ground that would benefit both?

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

If you take Abyssal Chill, then you can get some good torment off of sword 2, especially if you run sigils that chill on hit/critical, or weapon swap. It’s not a complete fit, but we can output enough chill from mainhand sword to at make it work if you don’t want to use mace. This is assuming you’re running something hybrid related and can make use of power damage for sword autoattacks as well, which Viper’s does fine, in my experience.

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

If you take Abyssal Chill, then you can get some good torment off of sword 2, especially if you run sigils that chill on hit/critical, or weapon swap. It’s not a complete fit, but we can output enough chill from mainhand sword to at make it work if you don’t want to use mace. This is assuming you’re running something hybrid related and can make use of power damage for sword autoattacks as well, which Viper’s does fine, in my experience.

Ah, yeah I want sword/axe purely because it is so fun teleporting all over the place.

So take some Chill sigils, and go for Viper then? Looks like Rune of Grenth would be better than Rune of Ice. Using Ogre right now heh.

What kind of build would you suggest then? Mine is kinda random crap thrown together atm haha.

Thinking

Armor – Rune of Grenth
Sword – Sigil of Ice
Axe – Sigil of Torment

I never liked passive buffs anyways. Chance on’s are far more interesting.

(edited by Fractured.3928)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

You might want to give the new stat set Griever a try. It’s basically berserker’s with some condition damage.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

I’ve heard rumors of a Power/Condi/Ferocity set that could work since we don’t need the precision of Vipers… But, after the food nerf I think Viper’s will still be king for the expertise.

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

I’ve heard rumors of a Power/Condi/Ferocity set that could work since we don’t need the precision of Vipers… But, after the food nerf I think Viper’s will still be king for the expertise.

Well, getting the torment from the crit sigil, plus the buff you get from Renegade when you crit would make you want Precision, no?

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

Well, getting the torment from the crit sigil, plus the buff you get from Renegade when you crit would make you want Precision, no?

I’m thinking that we’ll likely be specing Corruption, Invocation, and Renegade when the elite comes out, and with Rolling Mists from Invocation, precision will likely not be an issue, so I don’t see a reason to lose the expertise from Viper’s.

We won’t have easy access to fury after we lose Glint, so I personally wouldn’t drop precision as a stat completely. I’ll be running Viper’s.

(edited by CutesySylveon.8290)

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

I’m thinking that we’ll likely be specing Corruption, Invocation, and Renegade when the elite comes out, and with Rolling Mists from Invocation, precision will likely not be an issue, so I don’t see a reason to lose the expertise from Viper’s.

We won’t have easy access to fury after we lose Glint, so I personally wouldn’t drop precision as a stat completely. I’ll be running Viper’s.

And who can say no to a Pokemon?

I’m with you though, I feel like Precision will still be pretty useful. I haven’t seen Renegades spec traits though.

in Revenant

narcx.3570

And who can say no to a Pokemon?

I’m with you though, I feel like Precision will still be pretty useful. I haven’t seen Renegades spec traits though.

Oh, yeah, no… You need precision, but you don’t need to stack it. Viper’s actually overcaps revenant on critical rate, so all that precision becomes wasted stats is all I meant.

(That’s assuming you’re taking Invocation… But really, with a stun break tied to your heal and zero cleanses in Renegade, you’re probably going to be needing Invocation’s utility anyways, so the 40% crit rate can most likely be counted on for gearing.)

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

So out of curiosity…

I’m using

Vipers stats
Sword: Sigil of Ice
Axe: Sigil of Torment

Could I possibly use Rune of Ogre? The Rock Dog is really neat, and fairly useful in solo PVE though. But if the stats are complete crap, and Grenth works out so much better I’m willing to give it up. Just curious how much I’d be really losing by going with Ogre….

in Revenant

Posted by: Animosity.5968

Animosity.5968

Well based on the new information on Renegade talents I’d say the new Griever stats will be the way I go…Maybe a mix with vipers. Seems we will be able to get to 77% crit chance with no stat contribution. Albeit that is with full endurance so basically with vipers and not full endurance you won’t over cap crit % but with full endurance and vipers you would overcap 100%.

in Revenant

narcx.3570

Yeah, I think the bummer tho is you’ll still just hafta just go vipers for the expertise. We get built in bleed/torment traits and can go Sigil of Smoldering, but it’s still not enough after the food nerf.

Unless they add some new Rune sets with crazy duration, but if they did that, there’d of been no point in nerfing food.

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

So that a no for Rune of Ogre? Haha

in Revenant

narcx.3570

So that a no for Rune of Ogre? Haha

If you like your rockdoggie that much, use it…

But, I mean, Ogre’s a power rune set not a condi one.