Suggestion: Give core revenant facets

in Revenant

Posted by: Prominence.1693

Prominence.1693

After playing with the Renegade spec during the demo weekend and experiencing the steep energy costs of most of its skills it only made me realize how lacking the class felt without the Herald spec and its facets. While Renegade is an interesting spec, I missed having an upkeep skill active without it quickly depleting my energy. I believe that some of the Herald’s playstyle could be incorporated into the core revenant spec. My idea would be to give core revenants additional f2 and f3 slots in which they can customize by choosing between facet skills that correspond to the core legends similar to Glint’s facet of nature. This would give revenants more variety for using their energy upkeep mechanic without the need of taking Herald. These facet skills could also help mitigate some of the weaknesses that the class currently has with conditions.

Jalis
Facet of Retribution: Place the Facet of Retribution on yourself to grant nearby allies retaliation every few seconds.
Active skill: Gain one stack of stability and taunt nearby foes. Gain additional stacks of stability for each foe taunted. Breaks stun.

Shiro
Facet of Devastation: Place the Facet of Devastation on yourself to grant nearby allies life siphon every few seconds.
Active skill: Transfer a condition to your target on each successful strike for the next 5 seconds.

Mallyx
Facet of Corruption: Place the Facet of Corruption on yourself to grant nearby allies chilling strike every few seconds. Chilling strike: Your next strike chills your foe.
Active skill: Gain 3 seconds of resistance and copy conditions currently on you to nearby foes.

Ventari
Facet of Salvation: Place the Facet of Salvation on yourself to grant nearby allies increased healing power every few seconds.
Active skill: Remove 3 conditions from yourself and nearby allies and heal for a small amount. For a short duration incoming conditions have their durations reduced by 50%. Breaks stun.

in Revenant

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

no.
this idea is plain awful.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

in Revenant

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

I would say make glint core if anything, but I don’t think this idea is very good.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

no.
this idea is plain awful.

Why? As someone who doesn’t play rev much and is learning about it, some more detail would help.

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Id say yes to the skills but not baseline.
I would like facets for every legend on herald. I like the herald traits. But i am not the biggest fan of glint and the F1 is not a selling point for me.
If all legends would get an F1 it would shake up some build diversity.

Slight improve on the ventari passive: Give higher incoming healing instead of increased healing power.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

(edited by InsaneQR.7412)

in Revenant

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Core Revenant ‘Needs’ 3 things:

Removal of Energy cost from Weapons
The core concept behind the Revenant is that their 6-0 skills are a bit more restrictive in options, but that they have more flexibility in their usage by having two sets of them at a time and their use being restricted to your relatively faster filling Energy Bar instead of CDs. So having your healing or clutch elite or utility skills restricted by your weapon skill usage is contrary to that. Let Energy represent your ability to channel the power of legends, not to swing a hammer.

A Unique “Favor” Passive for Each Stance
This was suggested years ago to make the Legends more than just button that refers to a set of pigeonholed utility, heal, and elite skills. They finally added it, but for some reason chose to make it an additional new mechanic for Renegade instead of applying it across the board.

Each Legend needs to provide a passive effect whenever a certain action occurs while they are invoked. For example, Shiro could provide a stacking crit damage increase self buff triggered when you land a critical attack. However, similar to how Renegade works, by specializing in a Legend’s path the minor abilities should provide a few additional methods of gaining the buff even while not invoking them. To use the Shiro example, add to one of the minor traits, “Attacking a target with vulnerability has a % chance per stack of granting you Shiro’s Favor.”

Add a little bit of Utility (7-9) slot versatility
Add an additional utility skill per legend. In addition, add a set of 4 Glyph skills that can be included in any Legend bar (but not more than once), the idea being that they provide some niche utility options to help customize builds slightly, such as the ability to include a condi-cleanse skill without having to make major build changes.

The Glyph skills should have a specialization trait in the Invocation line and each skill’s effect is somewhat modified by the current Legendary stance, for example – in Centaur stance the Glyphs effects might involve the tablet.

Given the nature of Glyphs I can’t believe this wasn’t done already… they’re kinda perfect for the Revenant. Though, I’m pretty sure I suggested all of this going on two years ago now… sooo yea.

Anyhow, whether anyone even likes my suggestion, the profession is still lackluster and incomplete when it has sooo much potential to be amazing. Hell, it’s so incomplete that they decided to give it a second weapon set (originally they had one) in the 11th hour as an ‘easy’ way of adding some much needed versatility.

(edited by Dastion.3106)

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

A Unique “Favor” Passive for Each Stance
This was suggested years ago to make the Legends more than just button that refers to a set of pigeonholed utility, heal, and elite skills. They finally added it, but for some reason chose to make it an additional new mechanic for Renegade instead of applying it across the board.

I think marrying this idea with the OP’s Facets idea would be a pretty interesting concept that would tie everything together…

I.E. Change Herald’s class mechanic to Facets of the Mists, where when you trait Herald, each stance gets a unique facet with a passive (non-boon) group buff and an active group boon burst with a shared cooldown. And then change Renegade’s mechanic to like, Fervour of the Mists, where you get a unique stacking personal buff for yourself depending on which stance you were in.

This would sort of blend all the core revenant legends and the two elites into a nice little package that would at least make a little bit of sense. Sort of how Tempest and Spellweaver incorporate their core ele attunements rather than just adding random kitten on top of them.