The legends hardly speak.

in Revenant

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

After reading the lore post about them, I was expecting the legends to comment more on what you do and maybe even make random comments out of combat…almost like Ho-Ho-Tron. Of course, there should be a way to mute them with a settings option, but I was kind of disappointed that Malik says hardly anything.

in Revenant

Posted by: Archomeda.6472

Archomeda.6472

I’m glad they almost don’t speak. I’m already annoyed by the fact they do speak sometimes.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nocturnia.4896

Nocturnia.4896

I too was hoping that the legends would be more chatty. Like replace the race-specific dialogue upon getting a boon.
Example: Upon getting swiftness instead of “I can outrun a centaur” Mallyx says “Flee mortals!” or Jalis says “To Battle!” or Ventari says “As the leaf blows”

I think that’d be a good medium between more dialogue than usual while still having legend conversation.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I think they talk enough. It’s a bit sparse right now, when we’re just starting with the class, but six months in you’ll be like “shut up Jarlis!”

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Aguasatori.7236

Aguasatori.7236

I’m quite happy with how sparse the talking is. I’m already a bit weary of Jalis’ odd belching noises.

Borlis Pass
[SBZY] Guild Leader

in Revenant

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

Yes, they need more dialogue but they are at a good start. Though, this community aversion for silence and mute characters is… strange to say the least, but I do not buy the reasoning that its annoying.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

in Revenant

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I feel like the legends talked more in the various dev demonstrations of the Revenant than they do now that we’re in Beta. Dunno if they specifically toned it down or if its a bug / oversight. Heck, maybe some of it isn’t implemented at all, as I remember the devs saying that the legends may sometimes start talking to you just randomly and your character would respond to them, but I have yet to hear anything like that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Good. This game has enough unmuteable chatter as it is.