The quiet legends

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Why do the Legends talk so sparsely? And why can’t other people hear my legends, if I use them? The legends do only talk, if (a) I switch to them, (b) use the healing skill, and (c) use the elite skill. The voice overs are quite good, so why not hear them more often like Elementalists yelling their Attunements or Mesmers charging their Mantras?
I beg you, change the rate for the voice overs to be played and make them hearable for other players.

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

>Why don’t they talk so often?
Idk. I actually enjoy hearing from them too, but I dont like all the grunting/shouting in between the lines they speak. Glint’s (arguably) the biggest nuisance in that way to many.

>Why don’t others hear them
The legends act like “voices in your head”. Rytlock mentioned them being something like that during HoT. They speak with you internally instead of outwardly when channeled.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yeah it seems the only consistent communication is Glint’s absolutely terrible groaning VO. It sounds like… I dunno, a frustrated voice actress?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Yeah it seems the only consistent communication is Glint’s absolutely terrible groaning VO. It sounds like... I dunno, a frustrated voice actress?

Well, the German voiceover is much better. No problem on my side.

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

+1 on the additional dialogue when channeling Legends

-1 for allowing other players to hear it. The Rev himself is channeling the legend so that’s why he should be the only one to hear the dialogue.

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I love Glint’s talking (english) and groaning/scraming. But my absolute favourite is Shiro: TOGETHER WE HAVE NO EQUAL! I just love this style

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Other players can’t hear the legends because they’re talking in your characters’ head, essentially. To quote Rytlock during the prison camp story mission of HoT “I’m still sorting through the voices in my head. This new magic comes with… baggage”. Wouldn’t make sense for others to hear them.

As for having them talk more frequently…. I personally agree, I love hearing the actual voiced lines and wish they would play a bit more often. BUT I’ve also heard others say that they already talk (or grunt) too much and want them to shut up.

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Other players can’t hear the legends because they’re talking in your characters’ head, essentially. To quote Rytlock during the prison camp story mission of HoT “I’m still sorting through the voices in my head. This new magic comes with… baggage”. Wouldn’t make sense for others to hear them.

As for having them talk more frequently…. I personally agree, I love hearing the actual voiced lines and wish they would play a bit more often. BUT I’ve also heard others say that they already talk (or grunt) too much and want them to shut up.

Well, I think it’s the grunting that’s rather annoying. E.g. Glint’s [insert dragon noises here]. Though, on the flipside I think it’s pretty neat whenever you hear her say “Behold! Dragon and hero together!” upon using the Chaos facet.

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’d love if they gave commentary on things happening, such as getting downed, getting revived, in critical health, spiking an enemy in PvP, etc. And then allow us to turn those on or off.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

The quiet legends

in Revenant

Posted by: Finalfreefall.8247

Finalfreefall.8247

I’d love if they gave commentary on things happening, such as getting downed, getting revived, in critical health, spiking an enemy in PvP, etc. And then allow us to turn those on or off.

I’d pay money for this.