The ultimate spam 1 PvE Solo Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

TLTR: This is only possible in lvl 80 zones as stats from gear scale down in lower level areas meaning that you wont be able to have 100% boon duration that comes from your gear (concentration stats).
The build grants 100% fury, 25stacks of might, 23-25 stacks of vulnerability, 90-100% crit chance and 100% quickness upkeep.
This build is also very tanky and self sustainable. It does not require any other player interaction.
It has about 7200-8200+ dps by spamming the sword auto attacks (3 targets) while still being tanky trough life steal and high armor (also" kill it before it kills you" defence)
It also grants might to allies around him constantly.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlMQNAscmnvN2gS6JvQRZlbosryPUYV5IKYs8ElFNFqdABoBslZNtxugJshA-TxBEQBZUJIAeAA8T9HGq8LBnAg4t/wH0HIKgAD-e

There it is, the ultimate tanky spam 1 high dps semi kinda sorta support Herald!

Some stats and notes:

-Over 3200 Power
-Over 50% critical hit (90% with constant fury!)
-Over 2800 Armor
-18,000 Health
-100% Boon duration!!
-100% Quickness uptime!!!
-20-25 constant might upkeep!!!!
-23-25 stacks of vulnerability upkeep!
-51% extra damage modifiers! (up to 73% when hitting something under 50% hp)!!
-50% of time you get +400 toughness and +25 Endurance regeneration

How does it work?

Gear:
Armor: Commander (ascended)
Runes: Leadership
Trinkets: Commander (ascended)

Weapons: Sword (Bloodlust) + Sword (Strength)
-Valkyrie (exotic) if you want extra 1700 health,
-Berserker (exotic) if you want extra 10% crit chance to max it to 100%

How to use:

-25 stacks of bloodlust will grant you enough power to be compared to a full zerker character without a sigil of bloodlust (youll have 60 less power)

-With 100% boon duration Impossible Odds now grant 2 seconds of quickness instead of 1. In combat you will have +5 energy pips, and -5pips while youre using Impossible odds. 1 energy pip is 1% per second.
Using impossible odds for 5 seconds will give you 5 seconds of quickness when you have -5pips, and another 5 seconds of quickness when you turned it off and have +5pips. This means you can have 100% quickness uptime.

-You spam your sword auto attacks which now goes trough all 3 hits in 1.025 seconds. In 6 seconds with the 1vulnerability per 25% hits you will get constant 23-25 stacks

-Auto attacking also triggers sigil of strenght that grants you 20s of might per crit, you can also get 5 stacks for 16 seconds with unrelenting assault (i use this for engagement)

-Shared Empowerment grants 10s of might to allies around you constantly

-Breaking stuns,using heal skills, invoking legends and using one with nature grants very long fury upkeep. Use Grasping Shadow while not under the effects of Impossible Odds and you have extra energy.

Eddit:

After some comments i tuned up/down the build to a more “realistic” and cheaper version.

Things changed:

-Exotic trinkets, Ascended commander trinkets are hard to get. Backpack is exotic zerker +Platinum doubloon
-Weapons are exotic Zerker now, also placed the “correct” sigils on correct weapons. Sword offhand has a empty sigil, place whatever you think is best there. Flame sigil, draining, healing, condition removal your choice.
-Used the cheapest +20%boon duration food +Cheapest and effective sharpening stone.
-Second legend switched to Dwarf, has nice sustains and aoes for tagging mobs. Herald is still an option, feel free to switch when needed

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlMQNAscmnvNWNS6JrJRVl/ksrygSYW5QJYscrkFNFqdABoB2FMhNktMrpNA-TBCEQBdQfQ82fgfq/AgjAA1mgmfSwjAggK/MgSQiAYWC-e

Note: One can sacrifice some trinket jewels (along with the stats they provide) with additional Platinum doubloons in order to have 100% boon duration in lower level zones as Platinum doubloons are a fixed % rather than a jewel with a stat (concentration) that scales with level

(edited by Vukorep.3081)

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Nice build man!

It’s not for me because 1 spam isn’t all that fun but the build looks very effective.

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

8k dps? Lohol…

Fact is, it´s completly impossibel to deal high dps while being tanky.
U can use whatever u want for your build, but each point in vita/thoughness/boon duration/healpower reduces your dmg.

U can´t compensate it in no way, cause everything u use for that compensation can be used by zerkers/sinisters/vipers to increase their already higher dps even more.

U can be tanky, or do high dps. But u can never do both at the same time!

Your build can´t compare to zerkers dps. Its not even close. The dmg output is low.
U can´t use power as a single stat to compare the dps of builds.

U are losing so much dmg…alot critical dmg, runes, sigils and more. Using all your energy for impossible odds means that u lose dps aswell.
Skill 2 is important for dps, not using it (u can´t because of the energy problem) is dps loss.

Your builds is doing lower dps then a heal druid.

Oh and your food….it´s expensive, and u lose even more dps (power/prec/critdmg).

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Revenant

Vukorep.3081

8k dps? Lohol…
Fact is, it´s completly impossibel to deal high dps while being tanky.
U can use whatever u want for your build, but each point in vita/thoughness/boon duration/healpower reduces your dmg.

U can´t compensate it in no way, cause everything u use for that compensation can be used by zerkers/sinisters/vipers to increase their already higher dps even more.

U can be tanky, or do high dps. But u can never do both at the same time!

Your build can´t compare to zerkers dps. Its not even close. The dmg output is low.
U can´t use power as a single stat to compare the dps of builds.

This is a “one trick pony” build, not a min/max build. 8k constant dps for solo pve in lvl 80 zones is not that horrible as you think it is. Having 2800 armor at start and +400Toughness in combat is pretty tanky to me considering i can deal 8k dps.

This build compared to a full zerker build with 25 stacks of bloodlust and might is 413less power and about 50% less critical damage. (is it even possible to get to 25 stacks of might without any boon duration without any gimmicky way that would make it a non full zerker build?)

How much would that full zerker (super squishy) build do more dmg than this “one trick pony” build do?

Note that the 2800+armor absorbs a lot of damage and i can stay in my monsters face spaming 1 without the worry of dodging,healing, switching to herald and healing again or even switching weapons which is in pure zerker build considered a dps loss.

I would like to see the real difference in these 2 builds when it comes to actual damage and see if my tankyness and 100% quickness and 25 stacks of might and almost 25 stacks of vulnerability (that helps other people around if they are nearby).

U are losing so much dmg…alot critical dmg, runes, sigils and more. Using all your energy for impossible odds means that u lose dps aswell.
Skill 2 is important for dps, not using it (u can´t because of the energy problem) is dps loss.

Again i understand that i might be dealing less critical dmg than a full zerker (about 50%) but what runes? what sigils and what more?. I can switch the bloodlust sigil on another weapon and leave a open slot on one of my swords for something else for some extra dmg but again like a sigil of flame but again this is not a min/max build.

The thing about Impossible odds is that i can maintain it 100% even by having it activated for 3 seconds. Doing that i still have lots of energy left to cast anything i want because after 3 seconds of impossible odds i still have 3 seconds of quickness on me (double duration). Thats 42-48k dmg in 6 seconds with just spamming 1..how much more do you need (and more is possible) when it comes to solo world pve?

Many spam 1 rev swords players (specially when using full zerkers) dont use any other skill and some of them think using skill 2 or 3 is a dps LOSS. Im not going into it if it is or not…cause again, this is not a min/max build.

The only situation where you can use skill 2 as a boost is when you are standing inside a mob and there are other mobs nearby or behind the one you are focusing on.

Because : “Multiple projectiles can affect the same foe when enemies are lined up, when you’re inside one of them or when there is only one target.”
Otherwise i stick with spamming one since it generates vulnerability and has about the same dmg as a single projectile from skill 2.

Your builds is doing lower dps then a heal druid.

Really? A solo heal druid with maybe a few stacks of might and rarely few seconds of quickness deals more damage than this build? Or are you thinking about raids and dungeons and group play again?

Oh and your food….it´s expensive, and u lose even more dps (power/prec/critdmg).

Yeah…about that… the food in the build edditor is just a random one i clicked and didnt thought about it much. Im sure there are other better and much cheaper ones that give you +20% boon duration.

Again. This is a solo pve build that focuses on being tanky trough armor and hardening persistence, having 100% boon duration for perma fury (90-100% crit chance) and perma quickness for exploring and killing stuff quickly in lvl 80 zones.

It deals 70-80k dmg in 10 seconds(how much more do you need for exploring??) and it also generates almost 25stacks of vulnerability and shares 10 seconds of might to everyone around constantly if the player encounters some group play (like a hero challenge or a champion fight)

(edited by Vukorep.3081)

in Revenant

Norjena.5172

Vul is never a problem on champions. So it´s no support.

And the thing is, if u are only exploring. U spend most of the time running from enemy to enemy.
If u are doing this your boons will expire, And after u attacked the next victim, u need time to stack your might up.
Might that will expire again….

So what u want is to say spend a few hundred gold into gear thats only useful for one thing.
Mediocore dps, brain afk solo pve.? Is a good idea?

I don´t think so.

It´s much easier and cheaper to use a Zerkersbuild (probably with and exotic knights armor and cheap runes) an just use some more defensive traits (that Shiro LL GM trait for example, works extremly well with Sword 3). And use Lifeleech food (which is cheap, what´s good for exploring).

Knights armor is easy to get, and offers by far enough thoughness.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Revenant

Vukorep.3081

Vul is never a problem on champions. So it´s no support.

Fair enough ,but it does increase my own damage by a lot when soloing.

And the thing is, if u are only exploring. U spend most of the time running from enemy to enemy.
If u are doing this your boons will expire, And after u attacked the next victim, u need time to stack your might up.
Might that will expire again….

I see your point, but it doesn’t expire as fast as you might think in most cases considering my might lasts from 16-20 seconds per stack and i get it back fairly quickly.

So what u want is to say spend a few hundred gold into gear thats only useful for one thing.
Mediocore dps, brain afk solo pve.? Is a good idea?

I don´t think so.

It´s much easier and cheaper to use a Zerkersbuild (probably with and exotic knights armor and cheap runes) an just use some more defensive traits (that Shiro LL GM trait for example, works extremly well with Sword 3). And use Lifeleech food (which is cheap, what´s good for exploring).

Knights armor is easy to get, and offers by far enough thoughness.

But that sweet perma quickness tho…
On a more serious note..again this isnt about min/maxing dps or efficiency or creating a balanced build…this is a “one trick pony” build that focuses on a very specific thing. This isnt a newbie friendly leveling build and it isnt supposed to compete or compare with any other build in any way.

Its like saying why have condition build if you can go full zerker? Why use staff if you can use 2 swords? Why invest in vitality or toughness or any sort of sustain skill/trait if you can just dodge? Why play a auramancer (before there was tempest) if you can just spam lava font and meteorshowers?

Its a build that i made with an idea of having permanent quickness, bumping up my damage modifiers and it just also happen to be tanky and shares might.

in Revenant

Norjena.5172

I don´t think its newbie friendly, because its very special.
Newbies wont learn to dogde neither to spend energy for defensive abilitys like sword 3.

Better they should get the cheapest “semi-meta” gear like knights, or even soldier amor (and zerkers trinkets), and learn to play the class.
Dogde, destroy breakbars, learn to time avoidence abilitys.

By using all skills, not just sword 1 and impossibel odds.

So i would say, it´s a more a funbuild for open world when u want to try something new, and enjoy open world with chilled (easier/less actiongameplay) playstyle.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Looks like a fun build, i’ve always wanted a 100% quickness uptime while having decent stats. i’ll try this when i get home.

in Revenant

Vukorep.3081

I would just like to say one more time, when i say you can have quickness 100% uptime i dont mean you will be forced to use Impossible Odds all the time.

I explained in one of my posts before that because you get 2 seconds of quickness every second you maintain impossible odds you can disable it and get as much quickness as you were maintaining it during the time you are regenerating energy.

Meaning with a little practice,timing and knowing your targets you are still free to use any other skill most of the time (even tho it is generally ment for auto attack spaming..).

you can also maintain Impossible Odds for about 10 seconds, switch to another stance and have 50% energy (with +5pips regen) and about 10 seconds of quickness on you
Meaning you can go back to Shiro just before it ends and start gaining quickness from start

(edited by Vukorep.3081)

in Revenant

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

I have an 80 Revenant who I used the 80 scroll on. What specialization would you suggest instead of Herald while I work on getting the Specialization?

in Revenant

Vukorep.3081

I have an 80 Revenant who I used the 80 scroll on. What specialization would you suggest instead of Herald while I work on getting the Specialization?

Generally speaking all professions have 1 trait for raw dps, condition/precision, defense, support/utilty and 1 trait for their specific profession mechanic. +1 elite specialization (per expansion)

Invocation (profession specific), Devestation(raw dps) and Retribution(defense) or corruption (condi/precision) if you wanna go more condi dmg, or are simply in a more condition heavy enviroment

Those are the most easy and all around specializations.

Personally i didnt like revenant cause i thought you cant do that much with him, that other classes can do more things at the same time (something i prefer for my characters) but then,as i leveled up (didnt instant boosted it) i learned the skills and i took a better look at the traits and i realized not only can revs do multiple things at once but they can exceed and boost certain things to a new higher level.

Such as ,with this build there, 100% quickness upkeep while still being tanky and great dps.
They can have +50-70% damage modifiers, they can have around +100% extra healing, imagine burst healing someone for more than 15-20k health every now and then?
Fury granting 40% critical chance instead of normal 20% and other things.

So i do highly suggest taking your time and learning your profession fully, play a bit with the skill edditor youll find lots of interesting builds and set ups you can do with a rev.

(Note im not trying to compare min/maxed revs with other professions…this isnt a raid meta comp discussion…)

PS: In HoT maps 1 hero challenge grants you 10 hero points so i do suggest doing those if you wanna max herald quick

(edited by Vukorep.3081)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kevin.5980

Kevin.5980

Too much concentration, too expensive, it isnt newbie friendly. Especially for runes of leadership.

If you really want duraation, you can go for sth like this instead:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXGW0UI2xcm20OgA0A7CmwGC-TRSBABUq+DFPCA+3f475PFp8DgTAAe6DiQJ4CHBASB41UL-e

This way you wont lose too much dps, yet you have nearly 100% duration, just change zerkers to cavalier or valkyrie if you wish to have more toughness and vitality.

Swap leadership for durability for more protection uptime together with vit and toughness:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXGW0Uo2BEgGYXwE2Q2xcm2A-TRSBAB7v/wCHBAAOBARoEkS1f+e+TRK/wTfAFPCASB41UL-e

About 90% boon duration, Close to Zerk dps, 18k hp, 2.5k armour with higher protection uptime.

(edited by Kevin.5980)

in Revenant

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

Soooo basically it’s just the meta power Rev…….. With Commander stats

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

in Revenant

Vukorep.3081

Too much concentration, too expensive, it isnt newbie friendly. Especially for runes of leadership.

If you really want duraation, you can go for sth like this instead:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXGW0UI2xcm20OgA0A7CmwGC-TRSBABUq+DFPCA+3f475PFp8DgTAAe6DiQJ4CHBASB41UL-e

This way you wont lose too much dps, yet you have nearly 100% duration, just change zerkers to cavalier or valkyrie if you wish to have more toughness and vitality.

Swap leadership for durability for more protection uptime together with vit and toughness:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXGW0Uo2BEgGYXwE2Q2xcm2A-TRSBAB7v/wCHBAAOBARoEkS1f+e+TRK/wTfAFPCASB41UL-e

About 90% boon duration, Close to Zerk dps, 18k hp, 2.5k armour with higher protection uptime.

I never said it is newbie friendly but compared to your Bountiful Sharpening Stone (2,80 gold for 30minutes) and Bowl of Nopalitos Sauté (1.04 gold for 1 hour) its not that expensive…. Not to mention you have to aquire the recipies first and then spend money and time leveling cooking to 400-450…. very newbie friendly indeed.

Also neither of those 2 builds have 100% critical chance (85% at best) and you cant even maintain fury either.. and for what? about 50-80 extra power and 43% critical damage? Does that really make a huge damage boost compared to my build? Again, i wonder for how much of a damage boost it really is cause every time someone says changing something that barely increases any power ,lowers critical chance for a 40ish % critical dmg will make a great increase in damage and how low my 7-8k dps is.

You have barely any additional toughness and 5 seconds of random protection proc on a 25s cd isnt that good in my opinion.

Soooo basically it’s just the meta power Rev…….. With Commander stats

Unless you think i can do raids/fractals and dungeons just as efficiently with this build…but then i would get quickness from my teammates…and i wouldnt need commanders or boon duration or those extra fury sources…..and i would need to offer some sort of extra support to my other teammates….. i guess one could say it was ment for something completely different… say..solo open world pve?

in Revenant

fourhim.3584

On second thought, is this build even worth pursuing without the “Commander” stuff? It looks like around 35% of the boon duration increase is coming from Commander stats. I have zero interest in crafting armor, nor do I have the funds for that.

Would this work a LOT worse for open world PVE with something like Zerker, Knight, Soldier, Assassin and other stuff you can buy off the AH? (Exotic level gear)

in Revenant

Vukorep.3081

On second thought, is this build even worth pursuing without the “Commander” stuff? It looks like around 35% of the boon duration increase is coming from Commander stats. I have zero interest in crafting armor, nor do I have the funds for that.

Would this work a LOT worse for open world PVE with something like Zerker, Knight, Soldier, Assassin and other stuff you can buy off the AH? (Exotic level gear)

The reason i went commander is cause its the best stat combo for dps that has concentration (for boon duration) and we need 100% boon duration to get the 2seconds of quicknes per pulse on Impssible odds so you can have 100% upkeep.

an cheap alternative would be having full zerker armor and trinkets (with leadership runes) and a superior sigil of Concentration on both weapon sets which increases your boon duration for 33% for 7 seconds.
This means you will have 100% boon duration for 7 seconds, about 65% for 3 seconds and then you swap weapons.

You can also use Knights trinkets for some extra toughness, otherwise you are very squishy.

This will also make you have quickness only 70-80% upkeep at all times, slightly lower might stacks. But it could be enough for bursting down stuff.
This would make you deal higher raw dmg and critical hits but i dont think it compensates with the lack of 3s of quickness.

You can camp in shiro for full upkeep for a little while but it will cost you energy more and more and more. With 100% constant boon duration you can freely do whatever you want, even switch to another legendary stance for 10 seconds with 10s of quickness and new +50% energy you can use for weapon and utility skills

in Revenant

Kevin.5980

Here:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFNFidMnpNtDIANwugJ8hA-TRCBAB8v/A4zfqUdFAeAAGp8Tf9AVcCAkQJ4nqUQKgAHaB-e

2.2k atk, 2.7k armour, 80% duration (with an 20% boon duration food), 84% crit chance with fury, 200% crit damage,70% protection uptime or more. (Runes of durability actually gives about 7s, facet of nature gives about 9s, shield4 gives about 5s with soothing bastion)

You can get 10s of quickness this method too, every second shiro gives 1.75s of quickness. Quickness stacks up to 5 stacks, which is 8.75s of quickness, with soothing bastion, it gives your 10.75s quickness.

Moreover, runes of leadership takes at least a week to farm in WvW where runes of durability takes about a day in AB if you really want.

Try it.

in Revenant

Vukorep.3081

I replied in a few posts back to someone who asked if my build would be possible without commanders gear. Yes it can be done, in multiple different ways even. Using Sigils of concentration, using lots of platinum doubloons, or with your example relying on soothing bastion. But trying to make a substitute or changing anything from my set up will change the build in many ways.The only positive thing ive seen with substitutes you guys have shown me was extra critical damage… but you traded it for lower critical chance, lower fury upkeep, restrictive 2ndary stances (you can use any you wish with my build), lower quickness upkeep (or a very restrictive quickness 100% upkeep such as seen in your build there).

My build lets you toggle on and off 100% quickness upkeep, lets you pick any 2ndary weapon and stance, the 100% boon duration simply gives you much freedom and puts you in a comfort zone with quickness and 100% critical hit which you can use to focus on whatever you think is best in any situation.

2.2k atk, 2.7k armour, 80% duration (with an 20% boon duration food), 84% crit chance with fury, 200% crit damage,70% protection uptime or more. (Runes of durability actually gives about 7s, facet of nature gives about 9s, shield4 gives about 5s with soothing bastion)

Your fury seems to only come from switching legends and one with nature, which isnt bad but it feels a bit restricting.
Doesn’t Soothing bastion increase the boon duration after you use the skill? Meaning if you want to increase protection from shield 4 you have to use shield 5 first. Or apply protection via facet of chaos/nature and then use shield 4/5 (both of which have quite a cooldown and energy cost)
Runes of durability apply randomly and it has a 20 second cd…
Wont focusing on protection upkeep (even tho you are already at 2800ish armor+hardening persistence) as well as trying to balance shield skills cooldown in order to achieve 100% quickness upkeep be a dps loss?

True, my build only has about 8 seconds of protection (without herald) but i can use dwarven stance to toggle on and off 20% condition/damage reduction +small heals, i can use rite of the great dwarf (multiple times, as well as get 20s of fury from it) for another 50% dmg reduction and all that without any restrictions or limitations or dps loss.

Also 84%crit chance… but you do gain a whooping 35% more critical dmg which can be nice. Just wondering if its worth it all for what you traded in.

You can get 10s of quickness this method too, every second shiro gives 1.75s of quickness. Quickness stacks up to 5 stacks, which is 8.75s of quickness, with soothing bastion, it gives your 10.75s quickness.

Moreover, runes of leadership takes at least a week to farm in WvW where runes of durability takes about a day in AB if you really want.

Again, you are trying to juggle between shield skill cooldowns while maintaining both protection and quickness. It can feel restrictive at times and the traits limit fury upkeep as well meaning you will only have fury for initial bursts (unless you rely on switching to herald and using facets to keep it up?)

Im sure this all works (for keeping quickness up to 100%) but it doesnt have as high of a critical chance, it doesnt have high fury upkeep, and you rely on shield skills cooldowns and switching to herald for facets.

With my build you can be sure you have 95% critical chance all the time, quickness at all times and you can still use any 2ndary stance you wish as well as use those skills as you please. You’re also free to use any 2ndary weapons you wish as well without the restriction of relying on soothing bastion.

It also has about 70 less power than mine ( i changed your Ogre sharpening stone (88silver each) to a standard sharpening stone (cheap but gives a nice boost as well).
Why? Cause even tho everyone hates the fact im using runes of leadership and thinks they are suuper expensive and hard to get and i should simply change them into something else (and while im at it might as well change commander set which kinda changes the build into something completely different as seen multiple times trough the substitute suggestions people keep showing me right?) i still think they arent as hard to get as people think.

Besides im trying to keep the discussion about the build it self, the stats it provides and the abilities you get from it. Not how much it will cost me and how to min/max things trough expensive food or how to shove this build into dungeons/fractals/raids.

And thats why in my build (the 2nd link in my original post) i use somewhat “realistic” gear such as exotic weapons, cheap food and exotic trinkets.
Getting a set of leadership runes is realistic for me.

in Revenant

Kevin.5980

For Soothing Bastion, using any shield skills should increase every existing boons by 2 seconds.

You had fury uptime because you traited for it, but you lose another means of condi clear, if i had use the same traits, i could get the same fury uptime. How do you get quickness without Shiro? Using any 2 legendaries?

Protection comes from shield4/facet of nature/facet of chaos/ Easily 100% if you want it too. Durability gives additional protection on top of it.

Using Dwarf stance? It doesnt make sense either, since it only gives stabilityboon, which isnt essential for PvE. Then the player wouldn’t be making full use of their boon duration perks they have with commander/leader runes.
Then why should they make a gear set specifically for boon duration then use a build which doesn’t not really uses boon? Wouldn’t they be better using other gear sets? If you are only using commander/leader runes for quickness only, then you are defeating the whole purpose of it.

To be honest, 84% and 95% crit chance has about the same amount of critical rates. It doesn’t make any significant differences in terms of dps, assuming crit dmg is the same. IMO, 84% crit chance with 200% would perform much better than 95% crit chance with 165%.

Revenants doesn’t have many weapon choice either, I am sure you wouldnt use mace or hammer in a melee build, which leaves us with sword/axe/staff/shield. But it doesn’t matter either, because Rev’s main damage come from AA, offhand is mainly for additional sustain or mobility. Since you are specc-ing for self-sustainability in a power build, it doesn’t make sense to use axe either as it provides mobility instead of sustain.

In your second build, you had to sacrifice 35% of crit damage and 2k hp to gain about 10% crit chance and 90 atk with 21% more boon duration? In this way, you had suffered a great amount of sustain/dps for more boon duration.

To be fair, I had ran commander equipment with leadership before. Unless you plan on being on a boon bot for a party with Herald, it isn’t that efficient in general PvE, because it benefits more towards party than self sustain. Dont get me wrong, it is a great build, but it is not that good for solo-ing. The build you provided is much better for group play, it isn’t worth the effort for solo-ing in PvE. Not everyone likes to grind for gears like this in a non-competitive settings.

(edited by Kevin.5980)

in Revenant

fourhim.3584

Thanks Kevin for a much more feasible option, since I don’t do crafting. Is the sigil of accuracy in your build better than bloodlust or force?

in Revenant

Kevin.5980

It is up to your personal choice. For starters, i would go for accuracy, cause it is much cheaper and i like to keep my crit chance above 40%, otherwise i would need to swap cavalier out for zerker.

Force is nice but it is better for long fights. For short fights, it is better to use sigil of air instead.

Bloodlust should be slotted in your second weapon set, e.g. staff. as you would still enjoy the benefit for it.