is the rev any good?

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

Q:

hello
returning player,bought hot and wanna start with a new main
is the revenant any good or is it under performing?

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

yeah good class

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

There’s a lot of whining right now because of recent nerfs, but they’re still good.

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

I’d say 3 out of the 5 legends are good/decent. The bad being ventari (heal) and mallyx (condi).

Overall it’s a good and fun class. We only got 1 ranged weapon, but the hammer skills is awesome

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

I’d say 3 out of the 5 legends are good/decent. The bad being ventari (heal) and mallyx (condi).

Overall it’s a good and fun class. We only got 1 ranged weapon, but the hammer skills is awesome

Well actually Jalis is not that good. He is far from Shiro or Glint, who is the master in tankiness and do better that a legend designed for tanking.

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Terimac.5871

Well actually Jalis is not that good. He is far from Shiro or Glint, who is the master in tankiness and do better that a legend designed for tanking.

I know, but i didn’t wanna be too negative :P At the same time i kinda like the heal and hammers. But it’s true, Jalis needs some changes.

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Amaranthe.3578

so i should look for something else>/?
’??

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Right now rev situation is terrible howered i still suggest to make one as hes fun at least. Keep in mind that playing rev is lik playing in beta. Much bugs, underpowered stuff etc.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Terimac.5871

so i should look for something else>/?
’??

I think you should atleast try the class..

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Revenant is the most fun class in the game, in my opinion. If you want a class that will always be the best, good luck, ANet tries to keep the game balanced.

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

Revenant is worth rolling if only for the sick class armor and animations.

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

IDK what people mean when they’re saying Mallyx is not good… Mallyx gives you immunity to conditions, a massive heal when you’ve been condi bombed, and the elite increases ALL stats by 10% + pulses out torment (this means it’s good for condi builds or other builds).

It is literally useful in every game-mode to an extreme degree. Arguably, it’s near impossible to play PvP without mallyx as you’ll die to any condi class. In PvE it’s completely viable (see: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Guide-DPS-Revenant-for-PVE/first#post5678481), and in WvW it’s easily in the top 3.

I think the consensus us Glint = Shiro > Mallyx >>> Jalis >>>>>>>>>>>> Ventari. Mallyx isn’t always best, but it’s necessary on condi builds, gives good anti-condi gameplay, boon stripping, and a very solid passive dps boost.

To the OP: Yes, Revenant is very good right now, in all forms of content. It’s not necessarily godmode in every one, but in a lot it’s top tier.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

They are very situational.

-Ventari is amazing if need projectile blocks.
-Jalis is great if in a group of mobs (and hammers don’t suddenly dissapear)
-Mallyx is good if needing resistance. (Although if they have boon removal say your prayers and run for your life)
-Glint is good at buffing and tanking (might just be buffing with recent shield/heal needs)
-shiro is good for quickness etc.

The problem is when these legends are out of their comfort zones they mostly suck. Ventari is useless most the time. Jalis if there are walls/knockdown/terrain it sucks. Mallyx simply boon removal crushes all of it. Etc etc

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Amaranthe.3578

They are very situational.

-Ventari is amazing if need projectile blocks.
-Jalis is great if in a group of mobs (and hammers don’t suddenly dissapear)
-Mallyx is good if needing resistance. (Although if they have boon removal say your prayers and run for your life)
-Glint is good at buffing and tanking (might just be buffing with recent shield/heal needs)
-shiro is good for quickness etc.

The problem is when these legends are out of their comfort zones they mostly suck. Ventari is useless most the time. Jalis if there are walls/knockdown/terrain it sucks. Mallyx simply boon removal crushes all of it. Etc etc

i guess i have to pass then

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Aldrin.7641

Aldrin.7641

to summarize, the Rev is really versatile

to me: its a jack of all trades, master of none (or maybe im not the master of playing a rev lols)

Druid, Tempest, Revenant, Necromancer, Engineer

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Underwater is a mess in my opinion.

Core revenant is pretty squishy even with heavy armor, after getting herald and shield and full valkyrie armor I’m loving the class. 75% ctit chance with max power and high health mixed with the good damage. I’m doing really good until a condition hits me

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

I roll a Warrior and found it boring, strong class with high HP pool but poor skill animation, have a decent move spd tho

I roll a Guardian and found it more enjoyable than War, good skill animation, can have perma swiftness with proper setup but sadly i don’t use that setup all the time so move spd for me is slow and low HP pool alway annoying me

Then i roll a Revenant and found it a lot hella fun than war, good skill animation, medium HP pool, the heal is just perfectly enough, perma swiftness ( WITHOUT RE-BUFF ) Rev is the middle choice between Guard and War for me and i love it.

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

to summarize, the Rev is really versatile

to me: its a jack of all trades, master of none (or maybe im not the master of playing a rev lols)

Except it’s not due to the fact you have to choose only two legends. You just cannot slot skills as you need them and it’s dumb. It’s like they designed it for playing all legends at once. If you play shiro + glint, you’re gonna be missing condi removal badly and there’s basically no way for you to take it, which is wrong.

Also, heal skills are pretty bad, too. Heal very little or are situational, eventually require your opponent to have no brain.

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Underwater is a mess in my opinion.

Understatement. Underwater is in absolute shambles.

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

IDK what people mean when they’re saying Mallyx is not good… Mallyx gives you immunity to conditions, a massive heal when you’ve been condi bombed, and the elite increases ALL stats by 10% + pulses out torment (this means it’s good for condi builds or other builds).

It is literally useful in every game-mode to an extreme degree. Arguably, it’s near impossible to play PvP without mallyx as you’ll die to any condi class. In PvE it’s completely viable (see: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Guide-DPS-Revenant-for-PVE/first#post5678481), and in WvW it’s easily in the top 3.

I think the consensus us Glint = Shiro > Mallyx >>> Jalis >>>>>>>>>>>> Ventari. Mallyx isn’t always best, but it’s necessary on condi builds, gives good anti-condi gameplay, boon stripping, and a very solid passive dps boost.

To the OP: Yes, Revenant is very good right now, in all forms of content. It’s not necessarily godmode in every one, but in a lot it’s top tier.

Ive had a lot of success with Ventari in Dragon even. Lots of healing. Lots of condi removal. I can do this while damaging a bit and breaking stunbars.

I do think, however, we should be able to move the tablet while doing other skills (say hammer 3)

Also, it doesnt feel like theres enough “oomph” to justify pressing my elite as ventari

(edited by Malpractice.7850)

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Amaranthe.3578

thanks for the answers
gonna have to pass i guess
tooo much negativity on the rev

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Terimac.5871

thanks for the answers

dude… you’re at the classforum ofc people are gonna complain about their class. I guess you wanna play the fotm class. Then go play mesmer/chronomancer. Gl, you’ll need some skills to be good with the class, you can’t expect to faceroll and beat everyone (i guess that’s what you’re after).

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

thanks for the answers

dude… you’re at the classforum ofc people are gonna complain about their class. I guess you wanna play the fotm class. Then go play mesmer/chronomancer. Gl, you’ll need some skills to be good with the class, you can’t expect to faceroll and beat everyone (i guess that’s what you’re after).

At that rate, i’d say engi

is the rev any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

So far, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Previously, I was maining a warrior in HoT. Rev is like warrior on crack, with, perhaps, a little more squish, mainly due to the way utilities work and not really allowing you to spec survivability cooldowns without losing bread and butter DPS or utility skills.

In other words, as DPS it’s not the sturdiest thing ever, but I have a feeling that if you specced/geared full-on tank, it’d have the potential to be one. It even has a taunt, so tanking clearly crossed their minds when making the class.

Or words to that effect.