saw my first kick since HoT

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Havent seen anyone say no necro no ranger no anything, no kicking because of professions… nothing…

…til last night. We need ONE more condi person, we were will to take anything. burning guard, preferably an engi, condi ranger… condi berserker… anything… but we got a condi rev and boy oh boy oh boy did that just not work.

So sad, just… so sad

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Condi rev relies in torment to do most of the damage. Mobs don’t move as much as players.

I’d kick too.

Pumpkin – Mag

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Okay.

in Revenant

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

…but we got a condi rev and boy oh boy oh boy did that just not work.

Seeing as no explanation was given, how did you determine the condi Rev was the weak link in the group?

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

in Revenant

Azure.8670

I didnt, I was ecstatic.

then they told him to leave

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That’s pretty much an obvious kick, though. Dire Necro does more DPS than Viper Revenant in PvE.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

There are no bad condi revs just bad players…
I don’t know how good other classes are but 10 stacks of burning, 22 stacks of torment and 3 stacks of poison with 1,8K condi dmg seams fine to me

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Condi rev relies in torment to do most of the damage. Mobs don’t move as much as players.

I’d kick too.

That shows how ignorant you are.

For stationary groups you can spam Mace 2, even buffed with EtD, Sprinkled with Elemental Blast and Chaotic Release. That’s 8 stacks of burning, plus just spamming mace 2 till 70 energy = 20 stacks of torment.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

20 stacks of torment without moving = 20 stacks of bleed.
And you really wanna compare burn stacks against condi engi or burn guardian, the two condi classes most used right now in pve raid content?

Pumpkin – Mag

in Revenant

Azure.8670

I’d kick too.

That shows how ignorant you are.

For stationary groups you can spam Mace 2, even buffed with EtD, Sprinkled with Elemental Blast and Chaotic Release. That’s 8 stacks of burning, plus just spamming mace 2 till 70 energy = 20 stacks of torment.

That’s actually awful, like really bad. Guard can put up 14 to 18 stacks of burning passively.

Don’t even start on ranger and engi

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I wish to play condi rev sometimes but hes trash in current state. Both pve and pvp wise. No wonder why he got kicked. I wonder where is that promised trait to boost torment damage to stationary targets. It hurts even more given the fact we also lack ranged condi wep where torment would make much more sense than on a melee wep.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I dunna get why it is such a big deal… all the groups I was with in beta and now for raids… Vale Guardian moves around a lot. When he splits, you can still move him around in tiny circles… so Torment does fine; and even without movement, I always see it do more than the burning I apply.

Still a major L2P situation going on with raids though so folks just play the ignorant game and take what they think is best because some noob on youtube or twitch said it is. Nothing can be done but find a party not filled with elitists.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Roy was pondering adding a higher base damage to torment for the Revenant under Mallyx or Corruption like some type of trait, but I do not know what ever happened from there. Not saying that would be a day/night change but he did acknowledge Mallyx and Condi rev does need some lovin.

(edited by Linfang.1087)

in Revenant

Pompeia.5483

Yeah… I have a feeling he took the rest of the year off so we will not see if fixed till next. If he was finishing the class and fixing Corruption, he would likely tell us on the forums.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I can’t see the reasoning behind adding trait to Corruption which takes yet another spot that could’ve been interesting trait instead. And even if we did get that Torment trait, there are other professions which deal a lot of their damage with that condition – Mesmers, Necromancers and minor in others.

Split of Torment and Confusion between PvE and the rest of the game – sorry, but it needs to happen. Even HoT mobs don’t strike with such frequency that would make Confusion better than having bleeds or overpowered burns (which should’ve been more rare/reduced on some professions like engi in order to make any other condi dealer sorth it), same goes for Torment.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

Op the mistake of the reaver was that he did not create the raid squad. If he did there would have been no problem. I do that and well lets say I have no problem since they enter on my terms. The same with dungeon. I was never kicked from a group because either I made it or did it with my guild who guess what do not kick you out no matter of the group how bad you are.

in Revenant

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

What I want to know is:
Why didn’t they keep the Rev, tell him to put zerk gear back on, and kick one of the other classes that could have switched to condi and didn’t.

:X

in Revenant

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

There will always be a small subset of people that min/max a group. The flipside is that there will also be a bunch of people that don’t really care and just want to run something with other people.

in Revenant

Posted by: ZennithRising.8653

ZennithRising.8653

So what is the best gear option for Revenant in raids? I would really want to play raids but not holding back my teammates by not having the right gear…

in Revenant

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

Most rev’s are running full zerker DPS. You can also tank, not sure what is being used for that but I’d guess a mix of knight and cavalier with maybe some vit thrown in.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

Roy was pondering adding a higher base damage to torment for the Revenant under Mallyx or Corruption like some type of trait, but I do not know what ever happened from there. Not saying that would be a day/night change but he did acknowledge Mallyx and Condi rev does need some lovin.

I don’t think DoT Rev will cut it without that. Hard to say though since we lack real damage meters.

in Revenant

Azure.8670

I dunna get why it is such a big deal… all the groups I was with in beta and now for raids… Vale Guardian moves around a lot. When he splits, you can still move him around in tiny circles… so Torment does fine; and even without movement, I always see it do more than the burning I apply.

Still a major L2P situation going on with raids though so folks just play the ignorant game and take what they think is best because some noob on youtube or twitch said it is. Nothing can be done but find a party not filled with elitists.

other classes can get burning tickets from 9-15k

torment on rev? 4k if youre lucky

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

Most rev’s are running full zerker DPS. You can also tank, not sure what is being used for that but I’d guess a mix of knight and cavalier with maybe some vit thrown in.

It depends what else apart from having boss’ attention you need to do, you can “overtoughness” everyone in party just by the trait which gives toughness per upkeep and don’t change anything, if all you do is kite.
If you need to eat some hits etc., ofc you can knight/soldier/cavalier, at cost of DPS obviously

Vertor et revertor.

(edited by Destabilizator.2789)

in Revenant

Pompeia.5483

other classes can get burning tickets from 9-15k

torment on rev? 4k if youre lucky

Except, where other classes get that mystical 9-15k (I have never seen that on my engi with flame-thrower…), we can get both the 4k of burning and the (not-moving) 5k on torment… then target moves and suddenly we can see ticks of 9-13k with torment alone. Thus that range is more than covered.

The thing is, we have way more sources and ability to apply torment so increasing just torment duration, though expensive (10g a rune), allows for more stacks and way more damage overall vs the only “real” source for burning being mace #2 and sigils, thus wasting a sigil spot on additional burning vs, say, bursting & corruption that helps all of them. Because, really, the elite is not worth it, even for the burning trait when we have torment via mace 1 & 3, axe 5, and UA in addition to crit procs.

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Because, really, the elite is not worth it, even for the burning trait when we have torment via mace 1 & 3, axe 5, and UA in addition to crit procs.

Except popping EtD then popping all that damage there is serious bust there.

in Revenant

Posted by: Velarian.6290

Velarian.6290

Except, where other classes get that mystical 9-15k (I have never seen that on my engi with flame-thrower…), we can get both the 4k of burning and the (not-moving) 5k on torment… then target moves and suddenly we can see ticks of 9-13k with torment alone. Thus that range is more than covered.

Uhmn… you are not supposed to sit on flamethrower. Condi dps engi has one of the most complex skill rotations. Basically you have to keep 8 skills over 5 weaponsets and 2 tollbelt skills on cooldown with some fillers to do max dps.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

High majority chose Power Rev’s, there must be a reason for it.
If you want just go and check out condi one. There is no point in arguing with your made-up facts

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I just think that the elite is a specactular place for an effect that improves Torment baseline. It’s kind of insignificant right now, but it’s fun to actually use – if it had a good effect. So just make it so while the elite is up, your Torment ticks for full damage (or a %) always, or something like that.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

20 stacks of torment without moving = 20 stacks of bleed.
And you really wanna compare burn stacks against condi engi or burn guardian, the two condi classes most used right now in pve raid content?

This is wrong.

1 torment = 1.5 bleeds IF target is moving
1 torment = 0.75 bleeds IF target is NOT moving

This means that:
20 torment = 30 bleeds IF target is moving
20 torment = 15 bleeds IF target is NOT moving

in Revenant

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

That’s actually awful, like really bad. Guard can put up 14 to 18 stacks of burning passively.

passively? you mean with just voj? omg amazeballs!

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE