[Bug] Mug + Hidden Thief = revealed... again

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

An oldie just made a reappearance: Mug and Hidden Thief will reveal you. But only sometimes, for some weird reason.

Needless to say that this needs to be fixed asap. I have no idea what causes it to happen, but it just randomly does. I’d say about 33% of the time?

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

(edited by Oxygen.5918)

in Thief

Oxygen.5918

Added a video to demonstrate the bug and the random aspect of it; you can find it right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caOvGy3TFXI

didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

This ^ really sucks now cause the “Stealth when steal” is a minor trait that cant be avoided if you take the SA line. this minor trait kittens thief so much that we will lose our "main"burst openners like for exemple you cant pre-cast CnD, steal, BS anymore cause you will be revealed. or BP,HS, steal, BS it will always fail…. this is really really bad.

Unless i didnt understand things right ANET should really change this minor trait. This trait alone makes the use of an offensive steal crap.

in Thief

Oxygen.5918

This ^ really sucks now cause the “Stealth when steal” is a minor trait that cant be avoided if you take the SA line. this minor trait kittens thief so much that we will lose our "main"burst openners like for exemple you cant pre-cast CnD, steal, BS anymore cause you will be revealed. or BP,HS, steal, BS it will always fail…. this is really really bad.

Unless i didnt understand things right ANET should really change this minor trait. This trait alone makes the use of an offensive steal crap.

Right, I completely forgot it now becomes baseline. Ouch. They really need to look into it, then.

didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

Right, I completely forgot it now becomes baseline. Ouch. They really need to look into it, then.

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/16/gw2-june-23-specialization-changes/#Thief

It’s not a minor nor is it baseline. Trait has almost always been useless anyways.

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

It’s not a minor nor is it baseline. Trait has almost always been useless anyways.

OH thank god! thank you for the info

i thought it was a minor, at least we are not forced to use this crap haha same old same old

in Thief

Oxygen.5918

Fair enough. The trait isn’t far from useless, however – it’s the crux of my current build, essentially acting as an instant +2 initiative, stealth, and condi removal on a 21 sec cd. Not shabby at all.

didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Yeahhh this bug “revealed” itself a little over a month ago actually. I really hate it because I use hidden thief + mug.

People really underestimate hidden thief. Not only does it give you an extra stealth opener which makes different weapon sets more useful, it actually has some decent mind game at times and can screw over a ranger trying to pewpewpew you as fast as it can which can be countered by stealing onto it then moving behind it.

Watch as it immediately starts doing rain of arrows while giving up on trying to use their chain pewpew while you’re still in stealth. Not to mention this really helps vs other thieves and mesmers as well, and there’s been plenty of situations where I’d get hit by a hard CC and steal onto something away from that CC in stealth, breaking a condi, healing a little bit, having repositioning and the ability to find a better point to attack from and then re-engaging without being destroyed from that one CC.

But not being able to use mug with it really does make it a much more useless trait overall.

in Thief

Oxygen.5918

I might switch to trapper just to avoid the mug mess.

didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

As you use shadow trap that might end valuable, or you try out dagger training for poison upkeep to diminish the heals of your opponent

in Thief

Oxygen.5918

As you use shadow trap that might end valuable, or you try out dagger training for poison upkeep to diminish the heals of your opponent

Yeah, I run STrap, so I’ll give the talent a whirl tomorrow. I use pistol, so no dagger poison?

didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Dagger Training is nearly worthless anyway. Might as well just have two trait choices.