Carrion stats and Choking Gas Daze

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Anyone try this one out yet? Thinking about using your regular condi-oriented build, but taking PI instead. Time for SB to be a main weapon!

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

It’s meh I was using last night but It’s a great swap weapon now for Condi builds but not Main weapon viable the Choking Gas needs to be spammed to get enough Poison stacks to Proc the daze and then iits easily negated, and we all know what happens when Thieves expend all their Ini too fast…..

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Me. Works with Draining and interrupt traits. Venom, Venom, Steal, Choking, Dodge. That usually kills them. If not evade for 30s and repeat. Boring gameplay but all but the best players gets croaked by it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Turk.5460

I didn’t have those stats, nor did I use PI last night, but I put on my full condi gear, used DA, and opened with Impairing Daggers/Steal combo (6 poison stacks) → Choking Gas. It was pretty effective since it dazed right off the bat, usually got 3 interrupts in a short period. I’m imagining something like that but incorporating PI damage and possibly Sigil of Draining.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Turk.5460

Me. Works with Draining and interrupt traits. Venom, Venom, Steal, Choking, Dodge. That usually kills them. If not evade for 30s and repeat. Boring gameplay but all but the best players gets croaked by it.

What dodge did you use?

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

With the appropriate traits and proper play, you can drop 20 stacks of poison on a target in an opening burst (Spider, Basi, precast Choking, Impairing daggers, steal initialize while the choking is in flight, lotus dodge away with caltrops on dodge gives another several stacks from projectile combo and the daggers themselves.). It is in fact easier now than it was before thanks to bonus poison stacks.

in Thief

Posted by: Kirochique.9186

Kirochique.9186

Can finally carry team with thief in mid fights, Either I’m getting paired with newbs every game or I’m on a very good win streak.

Jhadir the Charr Thief (ET) EradonTerrace
All the dodge!

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Can finally carry team with thief in mid fights, Either I’m getting paired with newbs every game or I’m on a very good win streak.

I wouldn’t rely on quality of matches atm due to people messing around with builds and MM being non-existent. Yesterday I soloed necro on the point while he was being “supported” by scrapper…. -_-’

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

With the appropriate traits and proper play, you can drop 20 stacks of poison on a target in an opening burst (Spider, Basi, precast Choking, Impairing daggers, steal initialize while the choking is in flight, lotus dodge away with caltrops on dodge gives another several stacks from projectile combo and the daggers themselves.). It is in fact easier now than it was before thanks to bonus poison stacks.

exact combo of mine, did i not share this with you in spvp?

on another note, its not the fact you have to give opponents or enemies the poison via the choking gas, thats the BAD way to do it. If anyone wants a build for use in wvw or spvp hit me up in game via mail. you dont want Carrion as the power is too low, you want Vipers as it has a balance of power(procs with PI) and condi damage too. its a hybrid and has netted me up to 20 kills, 480k dmg and 23% of my entire team dmg in spvp…not counting that you could do far better in wvw due to no cooldowns on specific sigils.

in Thief

Sly.9518

on another note, its not the fact you have to give opponents or enemies the poison via the choking gas, thats the BAD way to do it. If anyone wants a build for use in wvw or spvp hit me up in game via mail. you dont want Carrion as the power is too low, you want Vipers as it has a balance of power(procs with PI) and condi damage too. its a hybrid and has netted me up to 20 kills, 480k dmg and 23% of my entire team dmg in spvp…not counting that you could do far better in wvw due to no cooldowns on specific sigils.

I have noticed PI not proccing with CG Dazes, non show in combat log and no indicator on player. I have to test it further but that’s what I have noticed so far since last night

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I agree with this. Viper is essential due to expertise — you’d want the poison to last longer so you don’ have to reapply all the time. Combined with Dire for survivability, but mostly Viper, it’s a very solid combination.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

By the way, last night in WvW Choking Gas everywhere ticking at different intervals…lol

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Sly.9518

I agree with this. Viper is essential due to expertise — you’d want the poison to last longer so you don’ have to reapply all the time. Combined with Dire for survivability, but mostly Viper, it’s a very solid combination.

With Dire, Rune of Thorns Potent Poisoner, Sigil of venom and 3 trailblazer trinkets Poison has over 98% duration increase

in Thief

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

PuImonary impact doesnt work most of the time with Choking Gas. Dont know if its bugged or just intended.

in Thief

Sly.9518

By the way, last night in WvW Choking Gas everywhere ticking at different intervals…lol

Yeah the ICD doesn’t stop it from ticking all 4 times

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

With Dire, Rune of Thorns Potent Poisoner, Sigil of venom and 3 trailblazer trinkets Poison has over 98% duration increase

For pure condition, yes, however, the conversation was about hybrid capitalizing the interrupts by triggering PI.

in Thief

Sly.9518

For pure condition, yes, however, the conversation was about hybrid capitalizing the interrupts by triggering PI.

Currently PI doesn’t proc with the interrupts as far as I have seen, my combat log has been utterly empty and I have not seen the indicator ever show on the target enemies bar, not sure if it’s a bug or intended, and even running full Dire with running Dagger Pistol I was getting over 2K PI procs, so if the CG issue with PI is a bug and gets fixed Vipers wouldn’t necessarily be needed and you can keep the tankiness of full Dire, which is still capable of bursting people extremely fast if they don’t react fast enough, or go further and use Vioers but open yourself up to being a lot Glassier.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Currently PI doesn’t proc with the interrupts as far as I have seen, my combat log has been utterly empty and I have not seen the indicator ever show on the target enemies bar, not sure if it’s a bug or intended

That’s not good if that’s the case. I didn’t really pay attention last night but it seems that they were dying rather fast. I was under the impression that they made this to give Thief AoE ability and the reason why they nerfed it by 15% in PvP. That’s disappointing.

and even running full Dire with running Dagger Pistol I was getting over 2K PI procs, so if the CG issue with PI is a bug and gets fixed Vipers wouldn’t necessarily be needed and you can keep the tankiness of full Dire, which is still capable of bursting people extremely fast if they don’t react fast enough, or go further and use Vioers but open yourself up to being a lot Glassier.

I wasn’t suggested to go full blown Viper, but having 3 Dire trinks and 3 Dire armor will give enough tankiness with more omph due to higher power. Overall, this combination is a well-rounded hybrid set.

The trouble with full condition build is that when you face against anti-conditions opponent, you’re out of options.

in Thief

Sly.9518

Update it seems to show in the Combat Log still sometimes it doesn’t weird but it works with PI

(edited by Sly.9518)

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

It’s meh I was using last night but It’s a great swap weapon now for Condi builds but not Main weapon viable the Choking Gas needs to be spammed to get enough Poison stacks to Proc the daze and then iits easily negated, and we all know what happens when Thieves expend all their Ini too fast…..

All too well…a teef with no init = a dead teef.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i treid carrion today it work really well i mite get some WvW video of it tomorrow : )

in Thief

Sly.9518

Go with dire it’s a better trade off

in Thief

Turk.5460

How much damage does PI do with no power stats?

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Sly.9518

How much damage does PI do with no power stats?

Between 1.2-2.3k

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

For pvp I’ve been trying this setup:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAV4Yn8lClOhdmCGOB8PhFYCbOEeCThefhF1ISLBEAKAA-TpQZABAUGA19HAA
Sigils are venom and misery on sb and cleansing with energy on d/d.
You just have to open with impairing dags Steal to start them off with over 5 stacks of poison then while they are stunned from basi you drop gas and dodge through it for more poison and conditions then just keep using choking gas when you need to and kite arounddodge and they will die.

It’s a cheesy build but it’s strong af. Mostly because people don’t expect it and don’t have the mass condi clear ready for use.

For wvw why not try this type of setup?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAV4Yn8lClOhdmCGOB8PhFYCTLBEAKAefhF1IaOEeCThA-TVyBQBA4BA4SlgY4IAkQ1fE3BBAZK/ynuBmdBAM4+DBAQAm5MTmlZw5Nv5Nv5NP38m38m38mlCAi1AA-w
Has everything you need defensively and for conditions and the 1500 power is enough to get PI dangerous.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

(edited by Ario.8964)

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

What dodge did you use?

Caltrops and Lotus Training. LT is a Whirl Finisher so it adds more poison in the CG field and more cover condi. Caltrops is more of a bonus since we are in that line. If they cannot get the poison off before CG lands their goose is cooked.

FYI the Viper build drops a WvW Keep Lord solo in under 2 min. We tried it today on a Hills lord and basically every time the break bar came up it went immediately down. Switched to P/P in between since Unload can basically be cast 30% more frequently on NPC targets.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Turk.5460

If they cannot get the poison off before CG lands their goose is cooked.

Its worked pretty well half the time. The other half they wouldn’t clear poison, but rather either have a passive stunbreak and move, or break the stun themselves and move. The aftercast on Impairing Daggers seems ridiculous and it keeps taking forever for the actual CG cast to initiate.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Sly.9518

All I can say is spider venom with marauder stats

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Its worked pretty well half the time. The other half they wouldn’t clear poison, but rather either have a passive stunbreak and move, or break the stun themselves and move. The aftercast on Impairing Daggers seems ridiculous and it keeps taking forever for the actual CG cast to initiate.

The steal into it may help to reduce the aftercast on impairing. I can’t guarantee but it may be a thing.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Turk.5460

The steal into it may help to reduce the aftercast on impairing. I can’t guarantee but it may be a thing.

I might be stealing to quickly into the initial ID cast, but its not like it has a long cast time to begin with – and I don’t want to steal after its cast if I’m a bit away from my target, for fear of the daggers not hitting due to range, or target reacting.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-