Charr or Sylvari Thief?

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Auditore.8926

Auditore.8926

Hi guys,

Here’s the deal. I have a Male Human Thief and I’m absolutely sick of his narcissistic quotes in just about everything… I’m sick of bandits and centaurs in my story!!

I decided on rolling either a Charr or a Sylvari Thief.

So what I want to know is which of these two races is more fit for a Thief?
(Lore wise and Story wise) and why?

On the other hand, which race (from these two) is more fit as a Guardian?
I didn’t want to re-post this in the Guardian section so I’ll add it here.

I’ve been meaning to roll a Guardian in the near future, but not before I correct my mistake scrape my Human Thief for the better of these two?

Any hints, tips, story is appreciated. Don’t mind spoilers.

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

ASUURAAA!!!!!!!!!!

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

The games lore makes it so that both guardian and thief are equally fit for both races. Charr has Ash legion which focusses it’s tactics by using thieves more but all Legions use all classes. And all societies have their rogues and scoundrels including the sylvari. And guardian is one of the few classes that really has any lore but in that lore it is stated that it fits both humans and charr equally so sylvari would have no problems at all with the guardian class.

The only lore issue (if it can be called an issue) is with any class is that engineer technology came from the charr. But the lore of it is that since everyone has seen it’s effectiveness, all major races have adopted the class to some degree.

Story wise, the classes don’t affect our story.

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Teshtestyes.5419

Teshtestyes.5419

Charr. Charr is the best race.

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Female asura thieves are scary.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Im one of those

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I got absolutely sick of sylvari quotes and ended up deleting my sylvari thief because of it. I now have a human and asura thief and both of their quotes are better (imo). If I were starting a thief over again though, I would go with the charr. They have cool animations and decent quotes. Asura would be my second recommendation.

You could be an ash legion spy too, so it fits in decently with the lore decently.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Pinkcomet.2975

Pinkcomet.2975

Azura draw less attention in pvp. (who said size isn’t matter)
what ever you choose pls dont go Norn.

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

I have both a Charr and a human thief. I play both pretty much the same, but tend to play my human more since I feel charr feels so “chunky” and slow (but I like the charr better as a race.. Ash Legion spy, ready to strike your enemies with your spiky claws!)

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Im one of those

They are tiny, cute and deadly, perfect combination. I have one as well, I just somehow failed to make her look cute.

Female charrs are pretty scary too, I made one just to “test” the race and she is so akward, clunky and funny, I had to keep her just for the giggles.

Sylvari males look cool until you see them run :/

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

There are Thieves who aren’t female Asura? Seriously, though, they’re perfect. Although, I could see an Ash Charr rockin out.

As for Guardian? I ‘ve run Sylvari and Charr Guards. The Charr’s still around, and repping Iron Legion.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Sylvari males look cool until you see them run :/

I completely forgot to mention this. It also drove me crazy. Without trying to make too many tree puns, all the sylvari animations are stiff and non-fluid.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

IMO medium gear looks absolutely abyssmal on charr, it’s almost impossible for me to make a decent looking charr thief. Ranger is doable, thanks to cultural armor, engi too, if you are willing to spend some gems, but thief – just nope. But that’s just my opinion.

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I have a thief of every race, and Charr are by far my favorite! Ash legion fits perfectly with thief. The only downside are the medium armors generally look like crap, but there are some nice ones out there! I say Charr for thief at least

Melder – Thief

Charr or Sylvari Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Auditore.8926

Auditore.8926

Thanks for the replies everyone

I’ve made up my mind and will make a Charr thief, despite all the stretched textures and clipping on clothes, with an Ash Legion/ Loyal Soldier Sire background (because I read it was adventurous and funny and fitting for my thief) and in the near future, a female Sylvari because of her superior animations over the male Sylvari.