Deadeye's Mark, Revealed Malice, and Mug

in Thief

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

This is just minor feedback on what the Title states. I noticed during the Demo period that, if you were to place the Deadeye’s Mark on a target from stealth, with Mug equipped, being revealed by it doesn’t proc the Revealed Malice trait. I’m assuming this is due to the fact that the damage from Mug is placed in priority first, before the Mark actually goes into effect. This also means that the damage from Mug also doesn’t count towards the Malice generation per hit. This is just personal preference, but, I feel that it would make more sense for the damage to be taken into effect AFTER the Mark is placed, in terms of priority. As it would allow Deadeye players, if they chose the Deadly Arts traitline, to more rapidly generate Malice, and synergize a bit better with one of the baseline Thief traitlines.

Wilhelm The Pursuer

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Not sure this is a good idea if done with hit reordering which otherwise becomes needlessly computationally-demanding (extra logic for elite spec/trait configuration/etc. which will slow down server-side game performance); they can’t quite do this as the early damage is essential to make a number of abilities work for desired interactions – from CnD and pre-casts + Mug to Hidden Thief + Mug.

in Thief

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

I hadn’t quite considered how reordering would effect interactions baseline, and I certainly wouldn’t want it to mess those up just for the sake of getting an Elite Spec to work.

If they did manage to get them to interact, how I think at least, properly, it would allow for full Malice generation by the first passive tick (4 seconds) of Malice if baseline 5 Malice; or full Malice generation by the third active tick (3 seconds) if using Maleficent Seven. Which would be substantial for burst style ambush builds, or overall for builds whom would be focus on full Malice benefits.

Also to clarify the potential rotations;

Stealth -> Deadeye’s Mark -> Mug + Proc’d Reveal, Triggering 1st Active Malice generation + Revealed Malice (2 Malice) ->Shadow Meld -> Stolen Skill (Or other damage) triggering 2nd Active Malice + Revealed Malice (4 Malice) -> Passive Malice Tick (5 Malice)

Or for Maleficent Seven, you’d repeat Shadow Meld (Or another stealth) + Stolen Skill (If running Improv) or another damage skill to trigger the 3rd Active Malice + Revealed Malice proc.

Edit : Forgot that Shadow Meld has an ICD, so it’d still be about 4 seconds to get full Malice with Maleficent Seven, but still.

Wilhelm The Pursuer

(edited by Kawloon Fuathach.3807)

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Revealed Malice should probably be reworked to say

“Gain Malice when reveal is applied.”

Malice should be able to be gained when Mark isn’t active. But if it isn’t active it should decay one for every two seconds. Losing a mark resets Malice. This way you can gain Malice from revealing yourself and then remark your target a moment later.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

Maybe write that into the bug forum as well.