Experienced P/D Condi Thief's 2 Cents

in Thief

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

Ive been playing p/d condi thief since the beginning of the game and I have been watching this whole “ghost thief” perma stealth trapper condi thief thing develop and I was just watching some videos of the ghost thiefs performance.

I gotta say I feel really disappointed with the balance of p/d vs trapper thief. I feel like trapper thief is really imbalanced with never having to leave stealth or be revealed to do what they do.

I really hope anet goes back to having p/d and d/d be the condi weapon sets and do away with the trapper build. It just seems out of wack.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

P/d is much more dangerous than the Ghost theif. Also much more fun to play. I do not understand Ghost thief from a fun perspective but then to each his own.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

HoT has rendered offhand dagger kind of pointless, with so many blocks/invulns/blinds, and when in range of a CnD it’s very easy to get stunlocked to death. It’s no wonder that d/p with traps makes for more consistent condi build than P/D.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

HoT has rendered offhand dagger kind of pointless, with so many blocks/invulns/blinds, and when in range of a CnD it’s very easy to get stunlocked to death. It’s no wonder that d/p with traps makes for more consistent condi build than P/D.

This too. CnD for the amount of INI spent is barely worth it.

in PvP P/d as a 4 stack torment off shadowstrike. I think that warranted here and CND needs to see a lower ini cost along with longer base stealth IMHO.

Off hand dagger needs a fix as well.

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Why not P/D Trapper?

Fishsticks

in Thief

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

I mostly play WvW. One of the fun things playing thief in WvW is the fast paced “in and out” style. Playing perma stealth trapper is not something that appeal to me at all.

Running in the outskirts of a big zerg battle and pick your targets. Maybe even jump in and take a few whacks at the commander and get out of there alive. Thats why I play thief.

Spamming condis on low ranked players that die from a few ticks is something I would be ashamed of doing.

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

P/D is much better than ghost thief. Sure it got buffed but the traps can be used on p/d as well.

I also don’t have issues with using CnD but agree it isn’t as easy as it used to be.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

If you thought ghost thief was bad, and mind you, I’ll agree – it is in terms of not being on par with other classes’ trap mechanics aka not applying dmg once triggered… and it needs to be brought in line but where are all the D/D evade spam thieves?

I am the worst thief to ever grace the land; utter garbage.. and yet having tried out D/D condi evade thief in a nutshell:

The Oprah Cancerspree
The pug stomper
The noob crusher
The disguised bait (who runs QUADRUPAL daggers? This’ll be ez kill. JOKESONYOU.)
The evade spam queen
The solo ANY camp/tower/keep from T1 right through to T3
The 1v3+ overly obnoxious constantly in your face playstyle
The literal definition of MC Hammer CAN’T TOUCH THIS
The Collector of Salty Orphan tears in the form of “whispers”
The 99% STEALTHLESS predator touching you everywhere
The Official Daily Uneducated Child Magnet (wow 9 dodges evades nice hacks bro reported)
The Robert Baratheon Train Slap to the face once it clings to you, and IT WILL. CLING. TO. YOU… if you let it.
The point/node/cap contesting insect

Okay jokes aside – the build likely has counters (adequate kiting, heavy condi cleanse management, ledge baiting) but man is it absolutely annoying to fight. Ghost thief? It’s up there, but impo not as cancerous as DD evade spam queen or even the common condi mesmer.

(edited by Zephyra.4709)