I Bet Thief Gets Nerfed Next Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

I’m just assuming the trend will continue. We will see.

in Thief

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

One can only hope.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Thief

Posted by: Deathrubber.3861

Deathrubber.3861

its unlikly for big nerfs as it took alot of work to put the thief in his current state i guess.

in Thief

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

I just both extra slot and made thief. Quite enjoying obliterating people in seconds while facerolling.
I hope no big nerf are incoming, because that would mean a waste of money for me.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Yeah, spamming #3 skills is such a game breaker. They might put an icd on impact trait, and may be nerf dash but I can’t see what else they will do, unless they also do something to shadow shot.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I don’t bother anymore.
I’ll keep playing my thief till I get bored and then quit for another 6 months.
I also don’t bother anymore in giving suggestions since this forum is never checked by devs.
In the end I’ll play any weapon set I wish to play, I don’t care if it’s considered bad for pvp, wvw or pve.
I don’t care anymore Anet.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

I don’t bother anymore.
I also don’t bother anymore in giving suggestions since this forum is never checked by devs.
In the end I’ll play any weapon set I wish to play, I don’t care if it’s considered bad for pvp, wvw or pve.

Pretty much this. Apathy took over this forum so long ago.

in Thief

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Yeah I don’t even touch my thief anymore. I was a thief main for 2 years with 2k plus hours. After the rollercoaster of nerfs and buffs since specialization patch, thief has been left as a boring, one dimensional glass cannon. All or nothing playstyle gets hella boring, and is still considered OP by scrubs.

I see nothing good or exciting in thief’s future and have since branched out to Revenant, Mesmer, Engineer and Ranger.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Thief still under performs in one of its main purposes which is duels and 1v1 fights. In sPvP it is still mostly relegated to +1 and mobility.

Do good players even sweat a power thief in a straight up fight any more?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

Thief still under performs in one of its main purposes which is duels and 1v1 fights. In sPvP it is still mostly relegated to +1 and mobility.

For the most part, no. I’ts pretty much countered in a 1v1 setting by every class.

Engi – Obvious Counter
Guardian – Enough utility to counter. Dash makes it harder though.
Rev – Depends on the rev, but these are winnable. Still a hard match-up.
Meta Mesmer (condi)- Thief shouldn’t win
Necro – Unless you run dash this is a counter and realistically still is with dash.
Meta Warror – I kill bad warriors in WvW without trying, but a thief shouldn’t out-perform a warrior. Again, dash CAN make this manageable.
Meta Ele (bunker) – It wont kill you and you wont kill it.
Druid – IMO, a druid should win. It has more than enough utility to win. However, bad ones will still die like the other classes.

Thief is really only on an even playing field when fighting itself and against someone of equal skill level. Once that happens, a lot of it is up to chance with the plethora of dodges we get now. These fights are also rare because there aren’t a lot of good thieves at this point. Most of the people that still play it have played it since the beginning. Its way too unforgiving for most people to pick up and learn at this point.

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

I don’t bother anymore.

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I’d welcome nerfs if it led to buffs to sets other than D/P, improve the build diversity a bit.

But let’s face it, you’re more likely to get struck by lightning then eaten by sharks.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’m just assuming the trend will continue. We will see.

At this point the only way to truly nerf thief is to make it so Black Powder is a Dark field instead of a smoke field. That permanently shuts down the usefulness of D/P, and leaves us with no good weapon sets.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Wouldn’t surprise me.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Main purpose of thief is mobility and +1
It must never be a beast in 1v1 with its current superiority in mobility.
I can understand lots of thieves would appreciate…but this would create an imbalanced situation.

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

I can understand lots of thieves would appreciate…but this would create an imbalanced situation.

I disagree. First of all, there is already an imbalanced situation.

Secondly, the Thief is just another profession. It plays PvP just as every other profession. Regardless of gametype, PvP is combat oriented. Mobility in this game gives little advantage in actual combat. It only allows faster engagement and easier disengagement. Not actual combat potential. It doesn’t matter if a fly is sitting still or flying 100mph, it will never be able to defeat a fly swatter.

Thirdly, the Thief can build for no mobility and no stealth. Yet it still cannot viably build to win a 1v1 in a PvP match by giving those up.

Fourthly, +1 can be done by anyone. While the Thief may be able to get there a but faster, it still cannot hit any harder than it can in 1v1. Other professions can still hit harder than the Thief once there.

Additionally, the Thief doesn’t even have range against anyone. And even when it uses what range it has, it can do very little with its Shortbow, and has no escapability with Pistols.

Basically, the Thief is a melee fighter without much damage output (relatively), little health, and little access to defensive boons. Without HoT, there is no access to blocks, no extra dodge, and little viability.

A Thief may be able to use mobility to get to an empty point to decap it… IF the opponent leaves it empty. The Thief cannot take and hold a point, being forced to retreat at first sight of of enemy. And yes, while you can force an opponent to rotate back to that decapped point, possibly creating a 4v5 elsewhere in your favor, there was already a 4v5 in their favor while you were decapping, so your team may have been wiped already. But even if you went to even the fight, a Thief isn’t very effective in a 5v5… or even a 4v5.

Is mobility a good thing to have? Yes. Does mobility make up for lack of combat ability? No.

The Thief has mobility. Other professions have passive defenses. Other professions have more blocks. Other professions have more boons. Other professions have more health. Other professions have more armor. Other professions have longer ranged attacks. Other professions have more damage output. Other professions have lots of cleansing and healing. Other professions have strong AoE skills, while the Thief is forced to focus on a single target.

Does the Thief need everything that other professions have. No. But at the moment, it is extremely imbalanced against the Thief… much more than mobility balances out. Mobility helps, but not nearly enough. But compare the Thief’s mobility to other professions… it’s not that great of a difference… especially when you compare combat abilities.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Being a 3rd party looking in the ONLY thing that needs to be changed/nerfed is the removal of combo finishers from the dodges.

Other than that thieves are pretty weak and the pro league finals,showed no thief is the way to go.

in Thief

Straegen.2938

Mobility and stealth are a thief’s defensive sustain. It is like saying warriors shouldn’t hit hard because they have heavy armor, blocks and invulns. Besides there a several classes that can easily close the gap on thief mobility.

Basically ANet nerfed the thieves overall burst and then we all watched the thief completely fall out of high level sPvP and become a pack hunter in WvW. A class that isn’t good in large scale or skirmish play should excel at small scale play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in Thief

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

I don’t think Thief will change this update, Necro, Ele and Warrior are the most likely to get nerfed, Guardian won’t change because Anet hate them, Revenant will get nerfed and buffed in the wrong way, Engineer/Ranger/Mesmer maybe buffed with a DPS increase.

in Thief

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I don’t know why they would nerf thief. I mean sure it hits really hard, but its also the glassiest class out there.one bigg hit and they die.

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

lol. cant say im shocked.

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

lol. cant say im shocked.

Completely uncalled for and I truly feel bad for the thief players.

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So they gave us the trait for AoE venoms at default like we asked…but then nerfed venoms to the ground. What the hell were they thinking?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

Posted by: omega.3758

omega.3758

Guess you were right. Nerf to venom’s & to stealth attacks + 5% reduction across the board for staff.

“Stealth Attacks: All stealth attack skills will now have a 1-second recharge between uses.”
……well that sucks

“Staff Strike: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 5%.
Staff Bash: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 5%.
Punishing Strikes: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 5%.”
….that’s gonna hurt the only reason I’m brought into raids cause I can’t contribute in ANY OTHER WAY cause my class sucks and this is the only thing thief’s got going for it.

“Venomous Aura: The area-of-effect aspect of this trait has been merged into venoms as baseline. The radius has been reduced from 360 to 240. The recharge reduction has moved to Leeching Venoms.”
….WHAT?!!? they reduced the range. Guess they did it cause they merge it as part of venom skills themselves but who in their right mind would run venom’s without ‘Venomous Aura’ in the 1st place.

“Leeching Venoms: This trait no longer grants might to allies it is applied to. This trait now reduces the recharge of venom abilities.
Devourer Venom: The number of stacks that this skill applies has been reduced from 3 to 2.
Basilisk Venom: The number of stacks that this skill applies has been reduced from 2 to 1. Stun duration has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.”
…Across the board nerf to venom’s.

in Thief

Posted by: Natwinter.9234

Natwinter.9234

I’m sad.

The nerf to venomshare has wrecked my support thief build I was running for WvW. The radius was already difficult enough to handle, but at 240, it’ll be a tight squeeze to get people crowded onto a spot to take advantage of the buff. Add in the lack of might when it triggers, and overall, this is pretty weak.

in Thief

Straegen.2938

Winner… Winner… OP is a Winner. Unfortunately that means we are all losers.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in Thief

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

LOL…it’s not a balance patch if thief doesn’t get nerfed.

in Thief

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

Wow gj op u predicted the future.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

My sign is telling us the truth since 2 october 2012.
My sign is the real winner

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

From a PvE raid perspective, seems like an indirect buff since there are fights now where thief beats ele. The sharing of basilisk also makes them more appealing.

in Thief

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

From a PvE raid perspective, seems like an indirect buff since there are fights now where thief beats ele. The sharing of basilisk also makes them more appealing.

Tempest only beat Staff DD on Gorseval and Keep Construct now.

in Thief

Posted by: otome.2673

otome.2673

You mean Sloth and KC. Cause thief is more dps @ Gorse

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

KC also has the perma revealed I think thief may beat Ele there too

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I don’t bother anymore.

This^^. Reached stage of apathy now. I grind my legend every season and then play other games :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: otome.2673

otome.2673

KC also has the perma revealed I think thief may beat Ele there too

KC is about Burst.

in Thief

Posted by: Joker.9812

Joker.9812

My sign is telling us the truth since 2 october 2012.
My sign is the real winner

Oh yea, I also play thief from the launch, and I can only agree – it’s so unfortunate and sad. T_T

Everything, which has its beginning…
… has also its end.