I'm bored of D/D insta burst.

in Thief

Posted by: Renegade.6240

Renegade.6240

You know, activating basillik venom then casting CnD and then stealing or signet-ing in is pretty much boring after sometimes, and when someone dodges your whole damage source or blocks it its even worse.
So I thought, what can I do ? Well D/P isn’t very diferent from D/D too. I pretty much think that S/D is useless. I don’t have the condi damage gear for P/D and even if I did it wouldn’t be very good I guess. P/P is a joke. SB isn’t even a damage tool.

So pesimistic, can you suggest me a way to play in WvW please ?

in Thief

Posted by: NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

Make an other character! XD

in Thief

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

yolo with S/P and 6/6 and long reach or play p/d power.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

You could always try power p/d….

But basically what you’re saying is you hate every build for thief so I’d suggest rerolling.

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

D/P is much different than D/D

Played right you’ll realize back stab isn’t your main source of damage

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It isn’t on D/D, either.

Actually, it’s less so for D/D than D/P.

in Thief

Posted by: Ryyman.2196

Ryyman.2196

D/P is similar to D/D but is played differently. If you’re worried about D/D’s lack of options, try D/P.

S/D isn’t useless, you just don’t like it or haven’t tried it.

But yeah, sounds like you just don’t like Thief and should probably try another class.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I recently started feeling kind of the same as OP, though, but I think it has to do largely with playing so much thief. That said, we really do need some more weapon types/configurations, as gameplay/sets are getting stale for everyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Renegade.6240

Renegade.6240

I meant S/D got heavy nerfed when I said it’s useless. Maybe because of I lack the full gear for it but I feel when I go acro and trickery the damage is way too low, #3 literally melts your initative and keeps missing/blocked/evaded.
Yeah maybe I should try another class :/ Have been playing thief for about 7 months and it’s my only class, my second highest is 24 warrior. So I’m very used to thief but at its current state I can’t chose any build for it,

Edit : Any class suggestions ?

(edited by Renegade.6240)

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

I recently started feeling kind of the same as OP, though, but I think it has to do largely with playing so much thief. That said, we really do need some more weapon types/configurations, as gameplay/sets are getting stale for everyone.

I really think thief needs rifle and dual swords.

in Thief

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Warrior if you like damage and sustainability. Engineer if you want something completely different.

I suck so bad on my Thief in WvW, have had her for over 2 years but I get kitten d by just about anyone if I play any burst build and if I play p/d condi every time I get blinded or dodged when using dagger 5 I just get pwned.

So my personal favorite in WvW is engi. Running a kit build in WvW has a high skill cap when roaming. More of a muscle memory cap.

[edit to add] Ranger if you just want to roflface burst with longbow.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Thief

T raw.4658

Warrior if you like damage and sustainability. Engineer if you want something completely different.

I suck so bad on my Thief in WvW, have had her for over 2 years but I get kitten d by just about anyone if I play any burst build and if I play p/d condi every time I get blinded or dodged when using dagger 5 I just get pwned.

So my personal favorite in WvW is engi. Running a kit build in WvW has a high skill cap when roaming. More of a muscle memory cap.

So for two years you can’t play a thief but you can succeed on a “high skill cap” engineer…

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

So for two years you can’t play a thief but you can succeed on a “high skill cap” engineer…

^ Reply of the year .This needs a red tag,make it official !!!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Lol Engi has a very low skill cap

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I have had the thief for 2 years, I have been away from the game 14 months out of those 2 years. I rarely every played thief in WvW as it just isn’t for me.

Engi has a higher skill cap than thief. I am not talking about a turret engi.

My statements stand. I wear troll repellent on the forums, your taunts do not effect me.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

It really doesn’t, though.

A friend of mine literally facerolled his keyboard playing engi once to prove a point – literally, I mean rolling his forehead on the left side of his keyboard while blindly moving the mouse to cast his abilities, and found himself winning more than half of his roaming encounters in WvW.

I’m not going to try and toot my horn being a thief main or anything; actually, I find myself having the most struggles playing my DPS warrior of my six professions at 80, but I genuinely believe that engi and P/D thief are on the lowest of the list when it comes to required skill.

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Lol no, the only thief build that comes close to how easy engi is to play is PD dire Perplexity.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

T raw.4658

Lol no, the only thief build that comes close to how easy engi is to play is PD dire Perplexity.

P/D perplexity dire thief needs a gutting of effectiveness.

in Thief

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

ill put it bluntly here…

sword dagger/shortbow teleport = get trolled hard because i hit you and you cant hit me back

Ive globaled players with 100% health in duel using that set because they just cant find the interval to strike back between my shadowsteps (lot of them behing turret enginers) so yea thief is actualy perfectly good witheout running any form of stealth related build.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Thief

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

If S/D is useless why can I 1v3 most other thieves running P/P D/P ?

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

I don’t know where this notion of S/D being useless. I seem to get beat by them all the time using D/P.

Also, instagibs don’t work for me, I’d like to be in OP’s position People usually block or just HAPPEN to dodge my CnD, or they stunbreak it exactly at the time when the impending burst comes in, or are just generally too tanky.

in Thief

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

In all honesty when i see a d/p thief in pvp i take a malign pleasure farming it. I guess its a way to avenge all the frustration these guys do me when im not running my thief. As far as im concerned SD easily destroy DP when played right.

D/P is good until paired against a spec that can outsmart its bursts.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Thief

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Yeah, SD and DP have more to them than what you realize. Try playing DP, but relying less on 5→2→BS and more on your excellent 3 and 4 skills. You’ll be less predictable, and it’ll be a nice change in the gameplay for you.

Although, I think your real problem here is there are two kind of players in GW2: those who play on their main for 3k+ hours, and those who constantly need to try new professions (with the entire spectrum of in-betweeners). Judging by your post, you probably belong in the second category. When I was bored with my thief, I created an engineer: the gameplay is entirely different, and I find that a kits or SD engi is yet a better roamer than a power thief, so there’s that. Mesmers and Eles are good roamers too. You’ll go back to playing thief eventually.