I'm new here. Can anyone help me?

in Thief

Posted by: Dragonster.7149

Dragonster.7149

Eh how do l add skill point? I am a thief. My ign is Goddx. Is there any job advancement? And what is the symbol for weapon in the map?

in Thief

Posted by: Spectre.8951

Spectre.8951

Right… I’ll try to answer this. Skill points aren’t ‘added’ you gain several and then buy a new skill. e.g Thieves Guild requires x amount of skill points to be unlocked and used.

Perhaps you are talking about trait points? In which case you indeed add them to a specific tree you want to advance. It’s the ‘one’ underneath the skill point on the Hero tab.

Not really interested in your ign.

Job advancement? As in you start of as a Thief then at level 10 progress to Duelist then finish up as an Assassin at level 80? Nope your going to be a thief for your entire travels through Guild Wars. However you can certainly build your own class. Want to be an Assassin? Stick all your points in Power/Precision and choose a load of skills that put you into stealth. Want to be a Swashbuckler? Go for Precision and a Toughness build. Also remember the different weapons you equip have different skills. If you bought a hard copy you get a cool little leaflet letting you know what combination of weapons can be used by which class.

The weapon on the map is a merchant that sells weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Phrixscreoth.6895

Phrixscreoth.6895

Skill points you get from the blue triangle icons on the map. They are used to buy skills.

Trait points you get from leveling after level 10, and are used to buy traits that boost your stats. In order to add a trait point to a trait line, you must first buy a trait manual from a Class Trainer (represented by a book on the map, tend to mostly be in towns). The first book will let you level traits from 1-10, the second from 11-20, and the final from 21-30.

in Thief

Posted by: metaphorm.6904

metaphorm.6904

this is the community discussion forum, not the game manual.

please try to find a tutorial and maybe use wiki.guildwars2.com for some basic game systems information.

in Thief

Posted by: zeoli.3250

zeoli.3250

this is the community discussion forum, not the game manual.

please try to find a tutorial and maybe use wiki.guildwars2.com for some basic game systems information.

And the OP is discussing the game mechanics, no need to try and police someone who is new to the game and is requiring help from his fellow thieves.

But yes, the wiki contains all the information you need. Anything else you are unsure off, ask in game or back here.
:)