KD and stun a S/P thief's only counter

in Thief

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

I really am just speculating on the sword #2 skill and how little initiative it needs to immobi and cleanse. Traits that give initiative and utility skills that replenish initiative makes the S/P thief very strong dare I say overpowered?

Going against a properly traited S/P or S/D thief is so annoying. You have to deal with stealth, the stun on steal which doesn’t have any tell, blind when locked down in the blind field, and basilisk venom. It is a super great combo that other professions can barely replicate.

I myself play a variant of S/D with D/D secondary to have a big laugh. Starts with basilisk, hit sword #2 , then Dagger #5, switch to secondary , get backstab, then heartseeker to finish. Stability? no problem, rip boon steal and I now have their stability lol. This happens all in a matter of 2-3 seconds. Timing is everything though.

Thief truly is the only profession that capitalizes greatly on a well timed attack because of how quick skills can be used and the overall burst damage.

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Yeah, timing really is everything, yours and whoever you’re hitting.

I think guardians have that shieldy/porty/kaboomy thing they can use too. So maybe we’re not quite as alone in burstgasmland?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

S/x thieves usually lack Condi cleanse though.
Infiltrators return used to have no cast time and it also used to be a stun breaker, yes S/D can be a strong sets when it follow the meta , but I don’t think any S/P Build is OP by any standards.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)