Ladies and gentlemen, I give you..."balance"!

in Thief

Posted by: Silverbolt.2301

Silverbolt.2301

Pay good attention to the HP and Toughness.

Quickness + Gun Flame = 0.3753s cast-time 1-shot. What a joke!

The result? Immediate Alt+f4 of the game.

Time to go back to a game (Dota2/DS3/BB) where it takes more skill to succeed than pressing 2 buttons to instantly win.

Attachments:

(edited by Silverbolt.2301)

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Considering when the game came out that used to be us doing that, we probably don’t have much room to complain ^^

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

On the other hand you can use the stolen skill to reflect while they have the rifle out.

To be fair though, I’ve reflected a gunflame like that and it does faaaar less damage to the warrior than it would have done to me.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Considering when the game came out that used to be us doing that, we probably don’t have much room to complain ^^

Was gonna say the same thing. 17k Mug//35k backstab was a thing at launch.

Granted, it is dumb to see that kind of damage come from a heavy armor + high hp + double/triple invuln build.

Dedicated GF berserker cannot be reflected either since it runs SoM.

in Thief

Silverbolt.2301

Irrelevant because I said “balance”…this game’s balance is a joke.

Class has nothing to do with it. I simply used one example here.

Only reason I posted it in this subforum is because it happened while I was on my thief.

The devs in this forum are so good that they would move it here anyway, so I saved them the trouble of doing so.

in Thief

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

On the other hand you can use the stolen skill to reflect while they have the rifle out.

To be fair though, I’ve reflected a gunflame like that and it does faaaar less damage to the warrior than it would have done to me.

U cannot reflect/block when they pop up the might signet and most of rifle warriors are running might signet.

in Thief

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

I’d much rather have that than the rampant condi bunker specs in wvw that we see today. There’s at least some counter play to zerk builds.

Granted, I’ll admit that some of the HoT skills need some toning down.. Including gun flame. But the opportunity cost for the warrior to hit an 18k in wvw like that is very, very high. If you sneezed on him he’d die. Sounds like you got outplayed. You’re also a staff thief using signet of agility. I don’t feel sorry for you at all.

I am a teef
:)

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

You can dodge gunflame. We have a lot of dodges.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

^^^ this guy. 0.3 secs?

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

The question of kiting is how do you kite something with 1200 range if not running mass disengage or heavy CC + boon strip? How do you survive when GF can be cast objectively more often than every class’ dodge options except a full-endurance/cooldown Daredevil?

I don’t mind the damage. As mentioned above, however, it comes with little opportunity cost, and I agree the cast time is way too low.

One of my biggest gripes with it is the fact they chose to make the skill have what pretty much looks exactly like every other shot fired from someone with The Predator. A legendary weapon should not share particle effects with skills, especially when those same particle effects are the tell to those skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Wow, 18K crit against 2600 armor? WTF is that?

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: CreedOfGod.9764

CreedOfGod.9764

I’d much rather have that than the rampant condi bunker specs in wvw that we see today. There’s at least some counter play to zerk builds.

Granted, I’ll admit that some of the HoT skills need some toning down.. Including gun flame. But the opportunity cost for the warrior to hit an 18k in wvw like that is very, very high. If you sneezed on him he’d die. Sounds like you got outplayed. You’re also a staff thief using signet of agility. I don’t feel sorry for you at all.

^ & staff 3 evade is pretty quick, although you would probably have to see it coming.
18k gunflame is still pretty kittening ridiculous though, when you consider how much invuln they have.

~Ghost Ren~
Stay Low. Move Fast. Kill First. Die Last.

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

I see your 18k gunflame i raise you

28k vault http://i.imgur.com/xJYvYP6.jpg

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

My only question is what is his stats when you did that? Because the Gunflame hit someone with 2600 Armor

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

The vault would be dealing well over 20k if against someone with 2600 armor as well. Core killshot also deals more damage.

The problem with GF is pretty much the limited tell/cast time it has and how innately durable the warrior can be while running so much damage. The damage component otherwise isn’t really an issue.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Nice try against Level 56.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Taobella.6597

lv58 mastery lol.. and he was a 2400 armor

in Thief

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Honestly it’s your mistake to get hit by that. As a thief your main job is to run and evade and you failed at that. You had one job and failed at it. Go sit in corner, think about it, reflect on it, feel shame and come back once you realise it is actually thief that needs nerf. Had you been more nerfed you would probably pay more attention and use more skill.
Poor warrior probably even had to shoot from 1500 range because he could barely keep up with your running. More nerf to Dash as well.

in Thief

Silverbolt.2301

Since my last comment was removed by mods cause it quoted someone else’s comment which was removed, let me try this again.

^ & staff 3 evade is pretty quick, although you would probably have to see it coming.
18k gunflame is still pretty kittening ridiculous though, when you consider how much invuln they have.

That’s nice…except:

1: There’s this thing which contributes to an innate delay in your actions – has to do with how the internet, and data and packet transfers work.
2: With quickness, gunflame has a ~0.38s cast time – this is a joke.
3: You are not going to reflexively dodge a quickness gunflame…you will only dodge it by getting lucky by predicting.
4: The screenshot barely tells the whole story. This fight is a fight that I would have won was it not for an instant kill skill. This was actually the 4th gunflame he used in a single fight. That’s how easily accessible the skill is…and no, he did not sit on rifle the whole time.

My only question is what is his stats when you did that? Because the Gunflame hit someone with 2600 Armor

Over 2600; almost 2700.

Honestly it’s your mistake to get hit by that. As a thief your main job is to run and evade and you failed at that. You had one job and failed at it. Go sit in corner, think about it, reflect on it, feel shame and come back once you realise it is actually thief that needs nerf. Had you been more nerfed you would probably pay more attention and use more skill.
Poor warrior probably even had to shoot from 1500 range because he could barely keep up with your running. More nerf to Dash as well.

I’m sensing a massive amount of sarcasm oozing from this post.

in Thief

Taobella.6597

hey now no reason to get upset i just posted it as a joke i mean it not that hard to get that number O-o. im pretty sure anyone play thief for more then a day could figure it out lol.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

If nobody believes it they have no authority to be talking about damage coefficients or general balance for the profession, as they subsequently haven’t done the testing or math to actually verify this number is easily possible.

On an actual glass opponent, it’s not hard to deal more than 30k.

in Thief

Posted by: CreedOfGod.9764

CreedOfGod.9764

On an actual glass opponent, it’s not hard to deal more than 30k.

Yeah, was roaming around and was greeted with a 25k gunflame to the face at full hp. That was fun. I was running zerk so no surprise there, but still.

omganetplsnerfthisjunksoopcanthandle

At least I was able to find him later and blow him up so I feel better.

~Ghost Ren~
Stay Low. Move Fast. Kill First. Die Last.

(edited by CreedOfGod.9764)

in Thief

rennlc.7346

^^^ this guy. 0.3 secs?

Plus the small amount of time it takes the shot to travel. Other than greater punishment for not predicting/reacting to it, dodging gunflame isn’t much different than dodging a phase traversal, precision strike, or shadow shot.

in Thief

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

dont play wvw if you dont like mad powercreepd dmg LUL

M I L K B O I S

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I was messing with you…lol.

in Thief

Taobella.6597

I was messing with you…lol.

lol i figured as much :P

in Thief

rennlc.7346

The damage increases probably help power thieves more than most (if not all) other classes given how we can easily deliver spike damage while avoiding hits.

in Thief

Krysard.1364

The damage increases probably help power thieves more than most (if not all) other classes given how we can easily deliver spike damage while avoiding hits.

Which doesnt change anything about the fact that wvw is about powercreeping your build, leading to unfun situations like the one being talked in this post. Whether it affects more A or B is irrelevant :p

M I L K B O I S

in Thief

rennlc.7346

Which doesnt change anything about the fact that wvw is about powercreeping your build, leading to unfun situations like the one being talked in this post. Whether it affects more A or B is irrelevant :p

Balance or lack thereof is always relevant.

in Thief

Krysard.1364

Balance or lack thereof is always relevant.

Not talking about balance. Im talking about quality gameplay. Maybe a 20k hit is balanced cause u can spam dodges and oneshot the warr, but still unfun to play.

M I L K B O I S

in Thief

Posted by: Keyboardwarrior.8021

Keyboardwarrior.8021

I have posted similar things in the last patch already, Anet closed my post after too many views and replies, this is the second time I gave this game a try, totally disappointed, it’s like comparing Samsung to Apple. ^

in Thief

rennlc.7346

Not talking about balance. Im talking about quality gameplay. Maybe a 20k hit is balanced cause u can spam dodges and oneshot the warr, but still unfun to play.

If WvW affects one class more positively than another, which WvW seems to with benefiting power thieves more than power warriors, the match-up becomes more imbalanced in favor of power thieves. If the match-up in WvW generally favors thieves, doing as you initially suggested by switching from WvW to sPvP will not fix the OPs problem since he will still need to anticipate quick burst abilities (although it will certainly help having more objects around to LoS with in sPvP to deal with ranged burst attacks).

I absolutely agree it’s not fun. As a rule of thumb, the devs would ideally attempt to change any abilities which suck against experienced players and work really well against newer players, such as gunflame. Those abilities just make it harder for newer players to enjoy the game. However, the devs typically don’t touch most of the more gimmicky builds unless the outcry is overwhelming and also coming from ESL participating players. In the meantime, players in the OP’s position should pursue more practical solutions, such as through finding warrior players to practice against on dueling servers for gaining more experience with anticipating gunflame and dodging it.

(edited by rennlc.7346)

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

On the plus side this is the damage AFTER GF got nerfed. Warrior Rifle abilities do have their limits but in skirmish among several enemies it can be devastating since it is often very difficult to see in that setting. It certainly doesn’t help that Warriors have access to exceptionally good passive sustain.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Silverbolt.2301

I do like how majority of the responses here has missed the point made by a mile. I guess I had higher, yet misplaced, expectations from the forum community.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I do like how majority of the responses here has missed the point made by a mile. I guess I had higher, yet misplaced, expectations from the forum community.

Thing is, you missed the mark on this by several years.

GW2’s WvW skill requirements have been a relative joke all the way since the removal of Magic Find as an armor stat.

in Thief

Silverbolt.2301

Thing is, you missed the mark on this by several years.

GW2’s WvW skill requirements have been a relative joke all the way since the removal of Magic Find as an armor stat.

It’s been joke since the beginning.

It will be a joke till the end, at least until the balance team smartens up.

…but, that’s no excuse to not have a dialogue about it.

Magic Find is another story – I don’t want to derail to that joke.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I meant it seriously. MF being removed marked the implementation of Dire gear.