New to GW2 and Thief

New to GW2 and Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Demetri Nicodemus.3461

Demetri Nicodemus.3461

Q:

Hi guys just started playing GW2 a few weeks ago. Picked up a copy of HoT and boosted a Thief. Trying to unlock the ability to use daredevil. Anyone have any tips or tricks on a quick way to get all the points I need to fully unlock daredevil?

New to GW2 and Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Fallesafe.5932

Fallesafe.5932

A:

Unlock all the waypoints in Verdant Brink.
Unlock all the waypoints in Auric Basin (the zone to the southwest)
Unlock all the waypoints in Tangled Depths (the zone South of AB).

Then open your LFG panel (y), and look for a HP group in all three zones. You’ll have daredevil maxed in a day.

New to GW2 and Thief

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

HoT maps have hero points worth 10 at a time. Newer accounts may have trouble, however without gliding and also being unfamiliar with the gameplay.

I’d advise heading into Verdamt Brink, building up your masteries (get gliding first) and then looking to get the various hero points.

Also if you are interested I’m available to help in game (more on weekends) especially with learning the thief class.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

New to GW2 and Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Demetri Nicodemus.3461

Demetri Nicodemus.3461

HoT maps have hero points worth 10 at a time. Newer accounts may have trouble, however without gliding and also being unfamiliar with the gameplay.

I’d advise heading into Verdamt Brink, building up your masteries (get gliding first) and then looking to get the various hero points.

Also if you are interested I’m available to help in game (more on weekends) especially with learning the thief class.

Thanks man that helps. Just got the ability to glide unlocked last night. Any zone have a lot of hero points all in the same area? also once you get a hero point you cant collect it again correct? thanks again for your first reply!

New to GW2 and Thief

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

You can’t collect them again for that character. The mastery points are once per account.

Verdant brink is a good start. Might need one more HoT zone to finish it out but only a few more.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

New to GW2 and Thief

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

There a good number of hero points you can solo and this more then enough to get you fully specced into Daredevil. Some are simply in areas ungaurded by creatures that you need to glide to or access in some other manner, That said there are some where groups needed and you can often find people hanging near them hoping another few show up.

Do not worry too much about the people who claim you can do it in a day. Yes you can but you are doing nothing wrong if you do not. If new to the game it can take a bit more time.

Have Fun!

New to GW2 and Thief

in Thief

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

There are a lot of Hero Point trains, especially on weekends and during prime hours. These trains consist of a commander who will lead a group of people to all the hero points per map.

Gliding is essential but after that, many of these trains will accomodate newer accounts that do not have other masteries unlocked by providing mesmer ports. I would suggest hanging out in Verdant Brink and keep checking the LFG tool until you find one.

I know one guild [HP] that runs these trains every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1:00 am server time. Open to the public and they make sure not to leave anyone behind, even newer accounts with few masteries.