Revealed: Rebooting shortly need PVE thief

in Thief

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

June 26, 2013 – In this week’s exciting episode of Revealed, your hosts Jumper and Markus meet up and talk to Xian about all the exciting patch changes. They discuss the overblown reactions to Torment, and what the changes mean for some of the most popular thief builds and the current thief meta.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-thief-podcast-revealed-episode-5/

Revealed Live

Revealed: Tuesdays 10am PST/GMT-8

Revealed Audio Only Podcasts

http://sittingonacouch.com/category/gaming/

Thief Guides and Videos

Thief PvP Guides

Thief PVP Videos

Thief WvWvW Videos

Thief WvWvW Guides

Thief PVE Videos

Thief PVE Guides

GW2 General

Just Awesome Guild Wars 2 Videos

If you have any comments or questions please let me know.

(edited by Bas.7406)

in Thief

Bas.7406

It’s the first ever Thief podcast by sittingonacouch.com. We are absolutely excited to have both Jumper and Markus Valadir. Join us for the first episode as we discuss all things related to the Thief. We find out what’s wrong with Pistol/Pistol. The differences between WvWvW thief playstyle and tournament playstyle, and most importantly where are all the thieves in dungeons.

Future Episodes will air Tuesday’s at 10am PST/GMT-8 — www.twitch.tv/soacgaming

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-thief-podcast-revealed-episode-1/

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Legit surprised you don’t have any of my thief pve content in there.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

He has a good point. I respect RFF for being one of the few (only?) good PvE thieves that I know.

If you’re going to talk PvE/dungeons at all, or include guides on the subject, you simply can’t skip over RFF.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

30 minutes in – PvE seems to have come and gone. I would have liked to discuss some of the PvE aspects more – the only point that was covered was the bog-standard “Warriors do it better”, which applies to more than just Thief.

I haven’t bothered to produce content that is as in-depth as RFF (though I would like to put in more effort in to my own content when I have time), but I would at least have something to say. Thief Dungeons/PvE is pretty much all I do.

That said, there might be more PvE stuff mentioned in here, but I just haven’t reached it – just my initial thoughts.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: Thundercleese.4210

Thundercleese.4210

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you guys here, but have you guys listened to any of SOAC’s stuff on other classes?

They’ll have WvW focused episodes, then a PvP one, then a dungeon one, all with a guest focused in those areas.

I for one would love to hear an episode dedicated to dungeons for this class, maybe RFF could be the guest for that episode!

[EG] – SoR

Garrett Ward – 80 Thief / Roland Ward – 80 Warrior / Tacitus Ward – 80 Necro

in Thief

Bas.7406

I put out a request in each forums stating that I was looking to add videos to our youtube channel, and that if you would like your videos to please send us a link to your channel. I only recieved a few thief links.

I have always made it a point not to link videos where the creater of the video has not given me his permission. I will take your post here as permission to link your videos to our fan base. Thank you for this. I really always wondered about the thief in pve.

in Thief

Bas.7406

He has a good point. I respect RFF for being one of the few (only?) good PvE thieves that I know.

If you’re going to talk PvE/dungeons at all, or include guides on the subject, you simply can’t skip over RFF.

Now that I know who he is we will make sure to see about being a guest.

in Thief

Bas.7406

30 minutes in – PvE seems to have come and gone. I would have liked to discuss some of the PvE aspects more – the only point that was covered was the bog-standard “Warriors do it better”, which applies to more than just Thief.

I haven’t bothered to produce content that is as in-depth as RFF (though I would like to put in more effort in to my own content when I have time), but I would at least have something to say. Thief Dungeons/PvE is pretty much all I do.

That said, there might be more PvE stuff mentioned in here, but I just haven’t reached it – just my initial thoughts.

I will be sure to forward your information on to our hosts. I had put some requests out earlier, but no one on the pve side responded at all. This makes it extremely difficult for me to get guests and/or opinions on their viability. Since neither host really spends a large amount of time in pve, and the object of the show was to introduce the hosts we spent time talking about the stuff they played. I can guarantee our goal is to have a fully indepth show.

In fact, I listen to each of the podcast, and if I notice that it’s been focusing too much on one aspect for several shows, then I send them a letter and we do everything we can to make sure the next show is not that one aspect.

in Thief

Posted by: Ninja.4629

Ninja.4629

Hey RFF Markus here we are doing this sort of episodic so some episodes are going to be PvE focused for sure. Would definitely like to talk to you if you are an expert on the subject! Can you write me? maybe we could figure something out

You aswell Auesis

(edited by Ninja.4629)

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Jumper knows his stuff. I don’t know about that euro guy tho. I don’t feel like he appropriately represented the wvw thief.

D/P is king of wvw.

D/D sucks everywhere.

Listened the whole thing, look forward to the next episode.

Looking forward to what Caed is doing post mug nerf. 25/30/0/0/15 doesn’t seem viable for burst to me anymore.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Auesis.7301

I must have missed that first wave of PvE requests – I would have definitely said something.

Hey RFF Markus here we are doing this sort of episodic so some episodes are going to be PvE focused for sure. Would definitely like to talk to you if you are an expert on the subject! Can you write me? maybe we could figure something out

You aswell Auesis

Once this weekend is out of the way (exams + drunken aftermath), I’ll be more than happy to talk about sorting something out

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

One thing you guys should know is that I suck at this game right now. I stopped playing for a little over a month and when I came back in for an hour, it was amazing how bad I was. I don’t even know how to control my character or camera anymore :s

Although I bet if I played for a day or 2 I could shake that rust off

in Thief

Auesis.7301

One thing you guys should know is that I suck at this game right now. I stopped playing for a little over a month and when I came back in for an hour, it was amazing how bad I was. I don’t even know how to control my character or camera anymore :s

I know that feeling – lost my PC for 2 weeks and I could barely function when I got back in to it – doesn’t take long to adjust/settle back down

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Bas.7406

As a reminder the show will be live every Tuesday Morning at 10am PST/GMT-8! The first two to three guests are already lined up, and they will definitely be contacting the PVE crowd. Hopefully RFF and Auesis will be able to help them locate other pve players to allow us to focus on all things Thief.

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

I know that feeling – lost my PC for 2 weeks and I could barely function when I got back in to it – doesn’t take long to adjust/settle back down

I don’t know why but when I pictured what you went through it looked like you lost your pc the same way someone would lose a dog. Picturing a tower and monitor coming back home just seemed funny to me.

in Thief

Auesis.7301

I don’t know why but when I pictured what you went through it looked like you lost your pc the same way someone would lose a dog. Picturing a tower and monitor coming back home just seemed funny to me.

That’s exactly what it felt like :’(

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Bas.7406

Congrats Jumper on being on the winning championship team!

in Thief

Bas.7406

Revealed goes live at 10am PST/GMT-8 don’t miss out! They are meeting with the one and Only Caed of SOACGaming – www.twitch.tv/soacgaming

(edited by Bas.7406)

in Thief

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

Starting now.
15char

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in Thief

Posted by: tac.2167

tac.2167

That was great!

in Thief

Bas.7406

June, 04 2013 – In this week’s exciting Thief Podcast, Caed joins our illustrious podcast hosts, Jumper and Markus Valadir, to talk Thief mechanics in tournament play. Caed explains his love for the big numbers. He explains why perma stealth is useless in tournaments, and he covers the much loved and yet sadly not represented P/P builds.
http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-thief-podcast-revealed-caed-episode-2/

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

I get the feeling that some of these people have extremely narrow perspectives on everything about the thief, even if the math doesn’t support what they say…

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

I feel that they are overly biased towards some particular options for thieves, like 30 CS (a question I specifically asked them about in the first Revealed podcast), which, they say, is the thief’s only source of damage, and that if you aren’t running 30 CS, you aren’t bringing anything to the team. Or Zerker amulet/gear; I know that Jumper runs Zerker amulet, for example, although even he admits that the sum of the damage amplification and defensive amplification combined from Soldier’s Amulet actually is greater than the sum from zerker gear. His response is that Soldier’s amulet doesn’t “bring anything to the team”, but from my watching his streaming, he tends to run solo or right in the middle of the fight, and so sitting back and dealing damage from afar, while waiting for the perfect opening in the enemy’s defenses brought by a weakened opponent, in a kind of Caed-esque style, isn’t exactly an option, which is the only particularly good reason to take that extra DPS over the lower DPS but higher survivability provided by Soldier’s Amulet. I could, of course, go further into detail, but y’all get the point.

On the other hand, I haven’t seen a single thief… Even mentioned by the thief community who plays a tanky spec as opposed to a straight-up DPS spec, which most thieves seem to be trying to run, whether it’s by going full GC or perhaps going slightly more defensive, like Jumper (although not defensive enough, IMO). I’m guessing that if my spec was brought before the current podcasters, they’d simply laugh and call it some kind of noob build, in spite of the fact thakittens stats are near equal to Jumper’s build, but includes the SB (granting more mobility and ranged versatility), more defense (which is better for getting right into the thick of the fight), and more passive initiative regeneration (meaning that you don’t have to use skills quite so often just to recharge your initiative, like utilities, and can focus more on the fight). And, of course, none of this is including the condition damage and duration bonuses I get for my shortbow from my 30 in Trix and 10 in DArts.

I’m not saying that I play better than these guys; in fact, I’m far from their tier of play. But I don’t think that their strategic choices for builds are very well thought-out, and that’s the issue that I take with this podcast.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Bas.7406

@Arganthium, Everyone is biased to a degree. The guest is completely entitled to their opinions. One of the reasons for the podcast is that everyone has their own unique playstyle. In fact, I believe several times during the podcast Markus pointed out that he saw their point but tends to play differently. There are so many things that can be done with the thief in terms of playstyle, that we will have multiple different players who play differently on the cast.

I believe we have Nettle and a few other tournament guys who don’t play the same way as Caed and Jumper. While I understand your point, and am grateful you watched, there are many players who do play Caed or Jumper or Markus way, and they feel that’s the best way to play.

I am sure we will have a guest on sometime that will talk about a completely different style of build, and many players will disagree with them. This is part of the reason for the podcast to open up the thief players to the multiple different ways to play and how to play a thief in PvE, PvP, and WvWvW.

I am sure down the road, Markus or jumper will approach you about appearing on the show. You have been a great contributor to the Thief Community even if you havent’ played at the Highest tier yet.

in Thief

Posted by: Ninja.4629

Ninja.4629

Hey Arganthium, Markus here. I would love to hear about your ideas. I’m not a Spvp player like Jumper and Caed so I have practically no knowledge about the game-mode. Therefore, I would appreciate the input since it will improve my understanding of the game and by extension make me better at coming up with questions Hit me on Casper.Mikkelsen.Gmgmail.com and we can figure something out. That goes for RFF and Auesis as well

in Thief

Auesis.7301

I already sent you a PM on here Markus, but you can also get in touch at auesis@gmail.com if you want to know anything else, or just send a PM on here as well

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Bas.7406

I already sent you a PM on here Markus, but you can also get in touch at auesis@gmail.com if you want to know anything else, or just send a PM on here as well

Great to see the Thief community working together :P

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Great to see the Thief community working together :P

I think this community would be great at doing that if 8/10 threads weren’t just us defending ourselves from attacks by QQers.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Bas.7406

Going live in 1 hour and 30 minutes!! Don’t miss out!

in Thief

Bas.7406

We have a delay due to a fire happening at Markus house please bear with us

in Thief

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Here is the recording with Yishis and Jumper in case you missed the live podcast:

http://www.twitch.tv/soacgaming/b/415619298

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Thief

Bas.7406

Technical Difficulties with the website are killing my ability to upload the audio and gameplay onto a regular post.

in Thief

Thundercleese.4210

Bummer, looking forward to the mp3. Listen to your shows driving back and forth from work!

[EG] – SoR

in Thief

Bas.7406

June 11th, 2013 – In this week’s episode of Revealed, your fantastic thief podcasters Jumper and Markus Valadir ran a bit late thanks to a fire breaking out in Markus house (I think they heard thieves might get buffed haha). However, the show got rolling and the thief community trickled into to hear and see the great Yishi. They talked about the differences between wvwvw and touranment thieves, why Pistol/Pistol still doesn’t work, and some tips and tricks for great thief play!

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-thief-podcast-revealed-episode-3/

The audio upload is bugged, and until our technical guys get it fixed we are only going to be able to do video for now. We are working on the audio.

in Thief

Bas.7406

We are live again today at 10am PST/GMT-8

in Thief

Bas.7406

we are live right now!

in Thief

Bas.7406

June 18th, 2013 – In this week’s exciting episode of Revealed, Jumper and Markus take the opportunity to get some deep info on fractals and how the thief work effiectively in pve. Their guest for this week’s episode is one of the great forum posters Auesis.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-thief-podcast-revealed-episode-4/

in Thief

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

how the thief work effectively in pve

Wait, what?

in Thief

Bas.7406

Hey everyone, Markus Valadir from sittingonacouch.com here. There is a major patch coming up today so instead of doing the podcast now we will do it tomorrow same time. That is 7pm gmt +1.
Revealed podcast will be online tomorrow at http://www.twitch.tv/soacgaming 7 pm gmt +1

in Thief

Bas.7406

Don’t miss the live show!

in Thief

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

VOD:
http://www.twitch.tv/soacgaming/b/422153223
Youtube link will be up soon™.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in Thief

Posted by: Akumetsu.8591

Akumetsu.8591

hahaha find out what is wrong with pistol/ pistol hahahahahaha

One hope, One dream, One Dagger Thief
K U R A Enguard [ENG], Pretty Princess Squad [MEN]

in Thief

Bas.7406

The VoD of the podcast will be up tonight. I apologize for all the delays. I was out of town last week, covering MLG Anaheim. I will work all this week on making sure the audio and VoD’s are good to go.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I like how you talk about Pistol Whip and how ANet can buff it all they want it’ll still be crap if you get self killed by retaliation using it. And then you discuss of ways to make it work by like making a trait to reduce retaliation during it etc…

And on the same patch, ANet changed the Mesmer Blurring Frenzy specifically so that retaliation works against it!

I wonder when ANet will understand Retaliation sux as a game mechanic and should be dealt with accordingly.

in Thief

Posted by: flyingfox.6150

flyingfox.6150

Pistol/Pistol only needs two major skill tweaks and changes to make it competitive. Currently it’s unload spam in WvW and PvE, which is fine to an extent. If Vital Shot and Body Shot can be fundamentally changed, it would be awesome. I also suggest Black Powder to be changed or upgradeable to ground target.

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Black Powder is one of the best skills, thieves have, if anything it will get nerfed, just
because of one weaponset where ppl abuse it’s combofield power. >.>

in Thief

Thundercleese.4210

mp3s please, I prefer listening while driving.

[EG] – SoR

in Thief

Bas.7406

June 26, 2013 – In this week’s exciting episode of Revealed, your hosts Jumper and Markus meet up and talk to Xian about all the exciting patch changes. They discuss the overblown reactions to Torment, and what the changes mean for some of the most popular thief builds and the current thief meta.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-thief-podcast-revealed-episode-5/

audio only mp3’s are now uploaded as well

in Thief

Bas.7406

Revealed is planning on returnign soon, but we need a new Thief PVE co-host. I am sorry for the delay in getting the show going, but we kept hoping things would work out with Jumper and a few players we were talking too. We have moved forward as Jumper wants to focus on his pvp more and so we are replacing both hosts and should be back up and running at the end of the month.

If you are interested and have good experience as a thief in PVE please contact me here or email gaming@sittingonacouch.com