S/D PvP Video ( Let's go S/D Thieves! )

in Thief

Posted by: Jsnx.6258

Jsnx.6258

Hi there! s/d thief here. Changes for acro trait are really annoying at first, but believe me guys after playing for like 10-20 games you’ll get use to it. For thieves out there who play s/d and enjoy it, keep it up!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=htfmNsRFSSU

Here’s my video showing some actions, first time to upload. I know that I have a lot of rooms for improvement I know that, but still I love the game and I love playing my thief. Enjoy!

in Thief

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Your link is not working

in Thief

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

for those trying to watch it.

in Thief

Posted by: Wargrave.4936

Wargrave.4936

Video wasnt bad at all, and you did well.
Can you post build any chance?

Its hard to say s/d is viable or not…

We dont know if how well the players you were fighting were, if you or they were a premade. You could be getting lucky with good team member and bad opponents.

I have tried s/d many build since tuesday, And it just doesnt come close to d/p.
I want s/d to be good again back when you could strip 2 boons and put eles in their place. (I am a huge Artemis Entreri fan why i want s/d to work)

in Thief

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

We dont know if how well the players you were fighting were, if you or they were a premade. You could be getting lucky with good team member and bad opponents.

I have tried s/d many build since tuesday, And it just doesnt come close to d/p.
I want s/d to be good again back when you could strip 2 boons and put eles in their place. (I am a huge Artemis Entreri fan why i want s/d to work)

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Sword/Dagger

Faced a few premades last night, won em all. This build is more group friendly, but 1v1s can sometimes be a struggle. I don’t know if this is what they used, but I’m enjoying S/D myself. Energy signet, Vigor, Withdraw, Sword/Bow evades, inf. sig. stunbreaker, if you work on your reaction time, you can’t be touched. You’re also giving your allies a higher chance of avoiding nasty attacks if you watch their evades and time your signet uses right. Boon ripping, evades, endo upkeep, peeling is all the name of the game with this build I’d say.

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

What would you change out if anything at all if you were to go into WvW, not so much roaming but floating around?

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Jsnx.6258

Thanks bud, thanks for the compliment I totally understand how you feel right now I was about to give up as well. I really dominate sPvP using D/P I got bored because you’ll see a lot using it. I want to be different! Here’s what I’ve used in the video http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-gF3V;1Vw-_0K5R-Fd0;9;4LJM;0158146147;4INGAI;1IBl3IBl3a0N The main Idea of this build is to compensate “Pain Response” on the acro trait line, keep the vigor on heal, reduced cooldown of “Signet of Agility” for more dodges.

Trickery : “Flanking strikes” was used to take advantage of the haste (More Burst) and remove conditions + “Trickster” makes our healing cool down go down at 14 secs (removes condition every 14 secs to compensate Pain Response)

Critical Strikes / Deadly Arts : On this video, I used critical strikes basically just for reduced signet cool down, more dodges for our thieves! from those who really loves to dodge and was tied up by dodging like forever go for this trait line lol, it’s also a way to practice and ADAPT your S/D play by using Signet of Agility. I highly suggest to go with critical strikes first then after like 30x of PVP go for Deadly Arts. I’m now using deadly arts, trust me the panic strike and executioner really pays off.

Acrobatics : Vigorous Recovery! all time favorite! no need to get pain response all has been compensated by the trickery traits , “Hard To catch” pretty much self explanatory warrior knockdown, engineer’s knock back oh come on! I’m still standing bud! “Don’t Stop” at first I really underrate this trait line but once you get used to have it and then remove it.. You’ll see what I mean.

Note : You can also tweak and go for Bountiful Theft , Thrill of Crime for Trickery if you want to scatter your boons , then go for Pain Response in acro, Less Condi removal but more boons for your team mates. It really depends on your play style and the composition of your team.

in Thief

Jsnx.6258

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Sword/Dagger

Faced a few premades last night, won em all. This build is more group friendly, but 1v1s can sometimes be a struggle. I don’t know if this is what they used, but I’m enjoying S/D myself. Energy signet, Vigor, Withdraw, Sword/Bow evades, inf. sig. stunbreaker, if you work on your reaction time, you can’t be touched. You’re also giving your allies a higher chance of avoiding nasty attacks if you watch their evades and time your signet uses right. Boon ripping, evades, endo upkeep, peeling is all the name of the game with this build I’d say.

Yep! We can be S/D support that scatters boons and immobilized for gank. OR we can go S/D bursty which is currently what I use right now

in Thief

Posted by: NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

I’m playing the same build (s/d SB) with critical strike instead deadly arts.
The only changes on mine are : Thrill of crime instead flanking strike and bountiful theft instead trickster.
However i’m starting to use another way to play without shortbow : s/d d/d with deadly arts instead acro (with 1 or 2 sigil of energy on swap).
I think acro is not so good as the pre-patch so I prefer deal more damage.

in Thief

Jsnx.6258

I’m playing the same build (s/d SB) with critical strike instead deadly arts.
The only changes on mine are : Thrill of crime instead flanking strike and bountiful theft instead trickster.
However i’m starting to use another way to play without shortbow : s/d d/d with deadly arts instead acro (with 1 or 2 sigil of energy on swap).
I think acro is not so good as the pre-patch so I prefer deal more damage.

That’s so cool, s/d d/d you’re like a weapon master with that set, thanks for sharing man, yeah i also think acro is not so good as the pre-patch, but still I want that Hard to catch change I wish they did this already a long time ago