Staff Thief revealed this Week!

in Thief

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

como uma classe assassina vira uma classe monge?quando poderia ser uma classe snyper com um rifle, a classe assassina vai ser a unica classe que nao tera uma specializaçao relacionada a sua classe base, triste muito triste,perdi todo o meu trabalho para fazer um the predador.

Translation – I super excited for Staff!

in Thief

Posted by: samy.3295

samy.3295

as a killer class become a monk class? when would be a snyper class with a rifle, the killer class will be the only class that will not have a related specialization to its base class, very sad sad, I lost all my work to make a the predator.

in Thief

Posted by: Swiftly.2385

Swiftly.2385

It’s a 1 handed Spear.

in Thief

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

as a killer class become a monk class? when would be a snyper class with a rifle, the killer class will be the only class that will not have a related specialization to its base class, very sad sad, I lost all my work to make a the predator.

They’re not getting monk. They’re getting Daredevil, a more melee-in-the-fight combat specialization revolving around martial arts and the adrenaline of crime and being agile. Totally fits the thief. Moreso than a sniper. Snipers aren’t thieves lol.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Finally, it was about time ..

lets just hope this E Spec doesn’t end up with the unfitting high concept name of Daredevil with a mixed up design and gameplay of somethign completely differrnt that was intended, like it was the case with the ridiculous Dragonhunter, while its name just sounds like that too as if it would be just a meaningless title that practicalyl everyone can have, because everybody can be reckless like a daredevil – its absolutely nothing special

I hope that the Spec gets named either Dervish, or Skirmisher, because thats what the concept art look like with a little touch of Ninja, but thats just only the equipment skins of the Head Gear mostly only.

I hope that the gameplay will be a defense orientated Counterattack DPS/Crowd Controler, because thats a gameplay mechanic, that practically exists yet not in the whole game and yet is shown so far in only 1 single Underwater Thief Skill that is Ninetails Strike, that is a defensive Counterattack Multi Hit Burst.

So this E Spec should rely itself alot lesser on Stealth, but alot more on Evasion, having very good synergies with the Acrobatic Trait line to bring it up back, so that you can say in the end that the death nerf of Acrobatics was kind of needed, so that it would be overpowered later with the synergies from the E-Spec, turning Acrobatics basically into a Synergy Trait Line.

A defensive counter attack based E-Spec with more access to all of the missing defensive boons like Protection, Stability, Resitance also especially and Aegis to gain alot more accesc to Blocks and options that make this E-Spec alot better and HOLDING places and defending themself, turning the attack forces from enemies agaisnt themself, resemblign the fighting style of the gentle fist, also known as to have its chinese origins under the name of Baguazhang turning the class into defensive counterattacking combat dancers literally with their stafs that the whirl around in martial artistical moves far beyond the acrobatic level of a deadly blossom, being with their skilsl able to repell incoming forces, having alot of mechanics that can also reflect ranged as like melee attacks

I see the Steal Mechanic to get changed out into, if it would be Dervish into “Mysticism”, and if its named Skirmisher, then into “Forbidden Arts”.

If it gets Dervish, then the defensive Counterattack gameplay of the E-Spec woudl be based on Boon Sacrifice, which enables them to perform enormous recklessly supernatural martial arts with the staff when they sacrifice Boons to fill up their “Mystic Force” that will be a secondary Initiative bar that fills only up on Boon Sacrifice and is practically an “On Demand Initiative” that you need to build up first for becomign able to perform then some very recklessly impressive counterattacks.
Utilities are then Mystic Arts, a unique form of physicals, that work also similar like weapon kits, allowing the class to exchange the weapon skills out with throwing daggers, large shurikens or a chain sickle to get weapons with slightly bigger range that are further good for crowd control and defense in a different way..

if it won’t be anythign of that, then I hope that the thief wil lreceive these thigns with upcoming elite specs, both Skirmisher and Dervish would make up for every good Thief-E-specs, but Dervish would fit best currently, due to Staffs having also Scythe Skins and there existing also a practically dervish outfit – combinign everythign together would make it possible, that people can get their dervishas back practically with a melee based combat style that would suit to it, without that anet needs to implemented scythes as new weapon type by just using the martial artistical thief elite spec that uses the staff and combining this with scythe skins.

Thats my personal view..but with this crap of daredevil beign datamined and seeing that basicalyl everythign that got data mined became later also true…I’ very sceptical and when it realyl ends up as thsi crap daredevil with a gameplay, that doesn’t change at all the gameplay of the thief and does something against the massive weaknesses of the thief class in certain things like defense and condition removal, then i’m personally really peep ed

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They made us Daredevil with 1 big stick instead of 2.

If he’s really blinded then I wonder if this is Thief’s way of imitating Revenant in hopes of getting in touch with Shiro and relearning the Way of the Master and becoming an Assassin again.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Swiftly.2385

Swiftly.2385

I really hope thief gets to flip around and aoe smash, and stun ala Gambit style with the staff.

in Thief

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

SO DAM LAME!’’ To may professions can used the staff so tired of each elite spec getting the same old tired weapons, mix it up Anet. Are you even trying or just going to keep farting out the same tired weapons for ever class?

in Thief

Doggie.3184

SO DAM LAME!’’ To may professions can used the staff so tired of each elite spec getting the same old tired weapons, mix it up Anet. Are you even trying or just going to keep farting out the same tired weapons for ever class?

I wanted Main-hand Torch the most but they were too scared to take such a different and unique plunge into creativity. Maybe one day.

in Thief

Posted by: Levis.6137

Levis.6137

… hoped so much for rifle(

i hope weapon & utilities will give thief a good new playstyle. But if we get just another s/d melee-playstyle, thief will be rlly dead.

General Kayun
Riverside [DE]

in Thief

ronpierce.2760

Really? Tempest got Warhorn and Warrior got Torch, you heard more complaints about that than Necromancer getting Greatsword, which is literally the most overplayed thing in the game.

Also, there’s a big difference between magic/ranged staff and melee staff.

Everyone else wanted a rifle, want to know how “different” thematically it would have been from Engineer rifle or Warrior’s Killshot rifle? Not very.

in Thief

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

could be an evasive tanky character…or the stealth or stealing mechanic could be altered…maybe stealing an enemies speed or momentum

i acutally think this is very interesting – as rev is the only one who has “kinda” a melee staff…

in Thief

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Still think that stick is a rifle people?

if it isn’t

get ready for endless “thief must be compensating for something” jokes

as well as a mass exodus of theives when they realize their elite specilization is functionally worse than what they already have

and they are better off sticking to the builds they have right now.

Attachments:

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Thief

ronpierce.2760

could be an evasive tanky character…or the stealth or stealing mechanic could be altered…maybe stealing an enemies speed or momentum

i acutally think this is very interesting – as rev is the only one who has “kinda” a melee staff…

Given previous patterns, thieves will no longer have steal.
Tempest – Offhand – Gained functionality with existing skills.
Berserker – Offhand – Gained functionality with existing skills.
Chronomancer – Offhand – Gained functionality with existing skills.
Herald – Offhand – Gained functionality with existing skills.
Dragonhunter – Twohand – Skills changed in favor of new abilities.
Reaper – Twohand – Skills changed in favor of new abilities.

in Thief

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

How do we know this is not the Ranger? The official post did not say it was thief.

in Thief

ronpierce.2760

How do we know this is not the Ranger? The official post did not say it was thief.

Color, the class backgrounds use the class colors. Also, brainpower.

in Thief

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Ranger will most likely show a pet in the concept art too.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Color, the class backgrounds use the class colors. Also, brainpower.

mostly only this…seriously rolleyes

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Thief

Nemesis.6938

i assume so too – or that the steal skill gets altered, but i would actually like that as im not suuuuch a fan of stealing…cool – melee staff, looking forward… i dont have a thief yet, maybe im gonna level one…

in Thief

arenta.2953

i assume so too – or that the steal skill gets altered, but i would actually like that as im not suuuuch a fan of stealing…cool – melee staff, looking forward… i dont have a thief yet, maybe im gonna level one…

my guess is it will be replaced by something that acts similarly but different

instead of an instant teleport to target. it will be a giant jump to target that evades during the animation
and causes (knock back, blind, something) on landing.

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

kitten staff, you guys are either all into PvE or i dunno what the kitten u want to do with staff in WvW when ur with ur blobs..

leap in? and die in a flash?
go melee with ur staff well i dunno how amazing your performing with your dagger or sword at the moment but it wont be any different moment u hit front line u kiss the floor.

but i just go with what anet will hand us, tho a longbow or a rifle would be better in my opinion given the fact that we are the tru paper warriors with nothing beyond 900 range

in Thief

Posted by: Tyr.6097

Tyr.6097

Thanks A-Net. One well paying customer lost.

Tyrs Klinge ~Thief~

in Thief

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

It’s hard to say without seeing skills and traits.

It could be really good or really bad.

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

AN needs more staff… not the f thiefs!

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Ranger will most likely show a pet in the concept art too.

Unless skills change in favor of new abilities and Ranger performs a fusion with their pet and becomes a chimera. Actually, I guess that would still show their pet in the concept art since you would be the pet naow.

Probably changing it to the ground target shadowstep version of steal they mentioned long ago if so.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Landspear Confirmed!

Attachments:

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

it’s a broom, you fools… the spec is called “Janitor”

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Well finally. I got to be honest that pic looks pretty kitten good. I got my fingers crossed it is OP as kitten.

in Thief

ronpierce.2760

Photoshop or it didn’t happen.

in Thief

arenta.2953

Landspear Confirmed!

spear would be epic

i could accept that for theif

staff is just crap

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Thief Staff better be like Monk class in Skyforge.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I just love people who decide to leave for just one stupid thing. Yeah, one new class, 9 elite specs, new content, new mobs, new maps, supposed difficult content, and yer leaving because of a staff. I suppose it’s not as bad as the guy who announced he was leaving because of one skill, or the guy I heard about leaving WoW because of a word, calling raids raids, but you know….

BYE!!! Don’t let the door hit ya in yer rear, etc etc.

in Thief

Nemesis.6938

can me has your stuff?

in Thief

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Audun

in Thief

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Landspear Confirmed!

A shame anet already confirmed there would be no new weapon types.
Land spear would have been cool though.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Thief

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Thief

arenta.2953

I just love people who decide to leave for just one stupid thing. Yeah, one new class, 9 elite specs, new content, new mobs, new maps, supposed difficult content, and yer leaving because of a staff. I suppose it’s not as bad as the guy who announced he was leaving because of one skill, or the guy I heard about leaving WoW because of a word, calling raids raids, but you know….

BYE!!! Don’t let the door hit ya in yer rear, etc etc.

true

i’m certainly kittened.

and its likely i’ll quit thief

but i wont leave the game xD
cause i got 8 other professions to screw with!

one of them will attract me (it already has. Reaper is so pretty O.O)
…..w8 did i just call a reaper pretty? wait wait it wasn’t on purpo-stabbed by reaper

revived
OWWWWWWWWW.

ok….so where was i.

sure i might hate this kittenty elite profession for thief, but new ones will come and hopefuly one will make me like theif again. until then i’ll just play a class that appeals to me this expansion.

who knows. maybe it wont appeal next expansion

Reaper can’t always be pret- stabbed

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Landspear Confirmed!

A shame anet already confirmed there would be no new weapon types.
Land spear would have been cool though.

Really the only reason I’m disappointing in staff vs spear (if staff ends up being melee) is that a lot of skins are going to end up looking clunky where spear could have had some cool slash/thrust animations.

That said, I already have a shadow staff skin.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Anet better make this good. Otherwise there will a massive humble pie and a truckload of “I told you so”s for this forum.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Cynz.9437

datamined :P

Attachments:

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Mounts confirmed!

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Look at the colors guys! I am so excited. That red scarf, and that sharp armor right there, definitely looking forwards for this week.

Looks NOTHING like ordinary medium gear dajslhbdljahsbdjbsahdbajshdbhjasbdljsahbdjlabshbcasjlhdbajslhbd * dead *

10/10 artwork just beyond amazing.

ps: Is that some sort of shadow in front of him? COULD IT BE? * dead again *

You’re forgetting the part where it’s looking EXACTLY like a medium armor already in the game that even your summoned thieves wear:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sneakthief_armor

Anyway, hoping this is worth it. I’m almost giving up on GW2 class balance and this could be the one that breaks it or the one that extends the period of judging.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Who is working on it?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Who is working on it?

the same guy that did tempest and dragonhunter :s

All is Vain~

in Thief

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

datamined by shaman :P

jk beware of my drawing skills

The background fits the “Janitor” quite well. Look at all that dust!

in Thief

Cynz.9437

datamined by shaman :P

jk beware of my drawing skills

The background fits the “Janitor” quite well. Look at all that dust!

srsly someone gotta clean that up

All is Vain~

in Thief

Anet better make this good. Otherwise there will a massive humble pie and a truckload of “I told you so”s for this forum.

I can’t speak for others, but all I ever said is that Thief was going to have a staff.
I never said it was going to be good, since that is impossible to predict, but I said that’s what Thief was going to get. From that picture that was released it was 100% clear Thief was getting a staff.

Though some people somehow saw a rifle where none existed. That was, at least for me, what the whole discussion was about.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Who is working on it?

the same guy that did tempest and dragonhunter :s

It is confirmed? Robert wasn’t the dev in charge of necro but he did zerker sooo :/?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I was a die hard Staff supporter and I still am. If rifle was release, I would have been kittened for real, but that’s it. I could understand if you didn’t like the weapon, and elite traits sucked, and cores trait are reduced to ash. Completely understand.

BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE. it’s just a new weapon.

All of you switching chars cause Thief is getting Staff;
All of you who will stop playing because Thief is getting Staff;

GOOD RIDDANCE, I tell you. For it shows how questionable your loyalty to the profession was in the first place. You didn’t even see traits or weapon skills but act like you are agonizing in injustice and oozing of some imaginary unsatisfactory performance by Anet.

GOOD RIDDANCE and see you in WvW on your mesmers.

It will be a delight Finishing you turncloaks with my Daredevil.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Look at the colors guys! I am so excited. That red scarf, and that sharp armor right there, definitely looking forwards for this week.

Looks NOTHING like ordinary medium gear dajslhbdljahsbdjbsahdbajshdbhjasbdljsahbdjlabshbcasjlhdbajslhbd * dead *

10/10 artwork just beyond amazing.

ps: Is that some sort of shadow in front of him? COULD IT BE? * dead again *

You’re forgetting the part where it’s looking EXACTLY like a medium armor already in the game that even your summoned thieves wear:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sneakthief_armor

Anyway, hoping this is worth it. I’m almost giving up on GW2 class balance and this could be the one that breaks it or the one that extends the period of judging.

lol you are right. this is pure sneakthief.
only a few days until we really know what this guy is all about. the light at the end of the tunnel is literally here.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa