Theifs are easy kills wvw video

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Thief already is a free lootbag. Just look at the video.

Well… I would agree … BUT
it’s still moving around. And I can’t just walk up to a thief and press F…

You need to mash 1 until the F button appears.

But… they still can run away… like wtf? This is the only game where loot runs away from you…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Warriors run just as fast, and actually better than thieves. When confronted by a top tier Thief. It’s actually quite funny, how overpowered warrior speed and their get away abilities are with great sword.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Warriors run just as fast, and actually better than thieves. When confronted by a top tier Thief. It’s actually quite funny, how overpowered warrior speed and their get away abilities are with great sword.

they need to cut distance on them. just like they did to withdraw/RFI underwater

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

This does not show nor prove anything. The clips you had of your thief fights were against easy lackluster thieves that didn’t know how to play up to a thief’s true capability.

Oh My…
Instead when a thief manage to kill an opponent in WvW, the opponent is for sure a PRO player that didn’t do any mistake but the thief is an OP noobish class that can win easily vs anyone right?

That said I found that first thief of the video being quite good, not the best I have seen but even the worst, simply the warrior outplayed him cos he knew what to do against a thief. Unfortunately a lot of people in this game don’t know how to use properly different classes that’s why they complain on the forum.

Back on Topic: nice video OP, we need more people like you that can prove things with facts and not only empty words

EDIT: this deserves to be shown on other forums too

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

(edited by Kolly.9872)

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

This does not show nor prove anything. The clips you had of your thief fights were against easy lackluster thieves that didn’t know how to play up to a thief’s true capability.

Oh My…
Instead when a thief manage to kill an opponent in WvW, the opponent is for sure a PRO player that didn’t do any mistake but the thief is an OP noobish class that can win easily vs anyone right?

That said I found that first thief of the video being quite good, not the best I have seen but even the worst, simply the warrior outplayed him cos he knew what to do against a thief. Unfortunately a lot of people in this game don’t know how to use properly different classes that’s why they complain on the forum.

Back on Topic: nice video OP, we need more people like you that can prove things with facts and not only empty words

EDIT: this deserves to be shown on other forums too

I don’t know what you’re trying to get at in the 1st paragraph. You obviously did not read the rest of the 1st page. Because in no means and way is a Thief an OP noobish (faceroll class). It takes skill to be a good Thief, and it take extraordinary skill to be a better one. And yes, the 1st Thief (who is part of this forum thread topic) was by far better than the 2nd. If you truly believe that it takes no skill to play a Thief (because that’s what i am inferring from what you said), then please tell me from your perspective what’re the easiest classes to play, and the most difficult classes to play. Because i already gave my opinion on the 1st page on the classes i think require more skill to play.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

they need to cut distance on them. just like they did to withdraw/RFI underwater

Agreed, because the bonus distance the acquire with swiftness serves as a disadvantage to the players being chased, or having to chase. If it’s not the intended range, then it should be fixed. And i would even go as far as if the skill doesn’t connect then add a longer CD : i.e; RTL for Elementalists

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

A proof that a mediocre warrior > a mediocre thief… Man, I really needed a video to know that.

But seriously, every single player knows that warriors are too strong right now and the upcoming “nerfs” won’t change anything. Beating a thief as an engi should be pretty easy as well (too much condition spam), ranger could be interesting.

Would be nice to see you playing an ele after that.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

A proof that a mediocre warrior > a mediocre thief… Man, I really needed a video to know that.

But seriously, every single player knows that warriors are too strong right now and the upcoming “nerfs” won’t change anything. Beating a thief as an engi should be pretty easy as well (too much condition spam), ranger could be interesting.

Ha! Most would think Thief>All…
Most QQ-er’s.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

But wait, theres more! We have “good things in store”. Expect dancing dagger to cripple for 4 seconds and ambush thief to get a 10% bonus to their health pool.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

But wait, theres more! We have “good things in store”. Expect dancing dagger to cripple for 4 seconds and ambush thief to get a 10% bonus to their health pool.

That’s a 33% buff to the cripple duration! That’s pretty massive!

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

opening fight——thief does 1 dmg to you cuz it was a failstab and u 100b air. I closed the video after that.

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

opening fight——thief does 1 dmg to you cuz it was a failstab and u 100b air. I closed the video after that.

Instead of getting mad over it, why don’t you watch the video? The thief in the first fight even replied to this thread.

in Thief

ENDREBUILD.7053

Instead of getting mad over it, why don’t you watch the video? The thief in the first fight even replied to this thread.

sorry, no mug+cloakdagger+backstab as opener. not watching.

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

sorry, no mug+cloakdagger+backstab as opener. not watching.

Hah. How laughable. Shows how most people who play this class really are bads.

in Thief

ENDREBUILD.7053

Why is that bad? Taking more then half your life in 1 combo? Then watching you run away?

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I find thieves easy to kill on all classes except the ranger and necromancer. For the necromancer it’s down to my limited experience with the class, as I find they’re pretty tough.

Most of the imbalance is across the board though with 25 might stacks, blood lust and over the top condition damage, that needs a fix.

When I play my Nec, I just press F1, and mash 1. Dead Thief.

Sometimes I have to mix it up though, but no biggie.

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

Why is that bad? Taking more then half your life in 1 combo? Then watching you run away?

Maybe if you watched the video you would understand.

in Thief

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

ranger could be interesting.

If built right, it will end up just as a thief vs an engi will. Any ranger not running 30 in wilderness survival is a trash ranger.

in Thief

Posted by: Waytodawn.8624

Waytodawn.8624

You play warrior, every class dies easy for you.

in Thief

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Thieves being easily killed is entirely based on the build of the thief

When I run around with the Signet+Might Build for huge backstabs, Its insanely easy to kill me…In fact I die more then I actually win…Mainly because the build is hilarious…

Now throw on certain P/D builds I run, and I’m insanely hard to kill.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Thief

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Not on my watch.

you know what, kitten it.

I deleted my thief for a few reasons:

1.) Trolls like those two, who are clearly trolling, are allowed to fill up an entire page of a serious topic with agenda-ridden lies plus 2 months worth of the same spam and not get banned.

2.) The developers listen to crying casualtastic baddies more than to the very people (me being one of them) who wasted most of their hours getting the most out of every part of thief gameplay. Since when is experience invalid?!

3.) The developers tried bull****ing us multiple times. MASSSSIVE +33% initiative regen (for a MASSSIVE 50% gain reduction)! Omg healing venom (a Signet of Malice for kittens on a kitten CD…. nope, venoms still suck. Would rather just use SoM.)!!! Oh and let’s not forget, we want you to be more engaged in combat so we made sword 2 unable to bypass stuns.

4.) Remember the last time we got a legitimate red post that actually showed genuine concern for the thief profession? I don’t.

5.) And then the mods dumped all of the thief QQ in the theif forums when they should have just deleted them.

6.) Then I get infraction after infraction for reminding scrubs they are bad players.

So let them damage the game further, I say.

I think you’re honestly the smartest poster I have seen on these forums. I could not have said what you said any better. This is why I quit the game. ArenaNet can have their CPU bound game along with their horrible thought process behind the game.

I have never seen a game rise up in hype before release and fall faster than its own hype. GW2 is a joke.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I think you’re honestly the smartest poster I have seen on these forums. I could not have said what you said any better. This is why I quit the game. ArenaNet can have their CPU bound game along with their horrible thought process behind the game.

I have never seen a game rise up in hype before release and fall faster than its own hype. GW2 is a joke.

Do people really believe we are that stupid? I hope not. Its offensive enough when every bit of knowledge you worked for is considered trash by the populace, but to think someone believes that I could be bull****ed with flashy wording? No. I am not a total idiot. Sorry.

in Thief

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

Yeah, thief is in a bad position really. Doesn’t even really matter what build you run (unless P/D).

I dueled a gs/hammer warrior yesterday and lost my first two fights although I dodged about every stun, but him spamming #1 and running slightly curved thus failing backstab made it near impossible to win. (Both tanky & critting for 4k health by just spamming 1)

I adjusted my play drastically (bit rusty on D/D since it was my first go at it in months), won twice. Only because I was clearly the better player lol.

That’s just gs/hammer warrior, basically any build that is made to solo is stronger than yours if played by an equal player.. Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Necro, Warriors..

All the people complaining and constantly demanding nerfs are obviously zerglings who get picked out or die on their way to the blob.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

That’s a 33% buff to the cripple duration! That’s pretty massive!

thats what anet does. they use a statistic or % to make it sound 10x better than it is. so insulting to the players. we are ….duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Yeah, thief is in a bad position really. Doesn’t even really matter what build you run (unless P/D).

I dueled a gs/hammer warrior yesterday and lost my first two fights although I dodged about every stun, but him spamming #1 and running slightly curved thus failing backstab made it near impossible to win. (Both tanky & critting for 4k health by just spamming 1)

I adjusted my play drastically (bit rusty on D/D since it was my first go at it in months), won twice. Only because I was clearly the better player lol.

That’s just gs/hammer warrior, basically any build that is made to solo is stronger than yours if played by an equal player.. Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Necro, Warriors..

All the people complaining and constantly demanding nerfs are obviously zerglings who get picked out or die on their way to the blob.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thief WVW build = solo build

other classes’ WVW build = group build

solo build > group build in a 1v1 scenario

yet

thief solo build <= other classes solo builds (less than or equal to)

so QQers conclude….

thief solo build = OP.

and THAT is QQ mathematics 101.

STUDY UP! TEST NEXT THREAD!

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Hi guys kinda sic of all the false claims and all the misinformation people are writing about thiefs. I am gonna start making a few videos of me killing thiefs while playing other profs so we can tell people they do know what they are talking about and they need to learn how to pvp properly. Here are some fights of me on my noob war https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbG1TCNxVY

Next vids with be of ranger and engi

It’s well known that warriors outbest thieves w/e if they using longbow cond build or shield hybrid build.
What bugs me are two things:
1.those thieves you fought at start,didnt played well for example,the first fight the thief was getting heat and didnt bailed,thief is all about patience and strike when the opportounity comes.That thief was in a rush or somthing,he got you nicely to half hp pool,and instead of backout and wait for you to go crazy and bash the thin air,he tried to finish you off.
the thief in the ruines was a total newb imo.it is well know that warrior after charge uses 100b. either use ute or use evades.Imo,he should have dodged that charge because it is easy to spot on.
2.One thing that bugs me the most is the thing that ppl show that they can beat thieves and thieves aint OP but yet,anet nerf us more and more.

in Thief

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Request for the OP to change the title to “Bad thieves are easy kills.” Good thieves can be killed but it is not easy.

Also, will you be including any footage where a good thief kills you?

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)