Thief and sPvP Leagues ?

Thief and sPvP Leagues ?

in Thief

Posted by: Seiroxena.6350

Seiroxena.6350

Ok this is it. There is no way for a thief to be efficient in competitive pvp anymore like it used to be before HoT so called " balance " patch.
The condition spam overall is just insane and the thief doesnt have anything to counter that despite hide in shadow on a 30 second cooldown or roll for initiative on a 60 second cooldown.
I don’t even want to mention dragon hunter traps because they are so kittened as hell and just doesnt make sense to give the guardian such unfair advantage over the field. Two options : either run away from the guardian (because you have to) or run with 1 other guy just to get him down.
Condition mesmer is annoying has alot of evades/stealth/shields/cc abilities that make him abble to kite 3 people on a flag just by himself.
Necromancers just punish us everytime we do wrong moves, Dragonhunter is insanely OP, Druid i don’t even want to talk about it how kittened it is.

I don’t want to go into a full breakdown of the current state of PvP because it is insanely broken.

Please care about what you do with the game there is nothing more frustrating than playing with shortbow all day. This is not a rumor that thief needs to be taken care of, it’s a reality.

At that current point i just feel like quiting the game which i don’t want to because the game is just amazing with the raids people always want a thief in them, the pve, the lore and stuff but really do something about us.

-Kaishina

Thief and sPvP Leagues ?

in Thief

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

We should nerf thieves more by making Steal require a target. Oh wait.

Thief and sPvP Leagues ?

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

we should leave withdraw and Roll bugged, cause every thief loves rolling in one spot.

Also

“We strongly believe that regular balance updates are one of the key pillars of building a successful competitive game. As such, prior to each season, there will be a balance update. League play will generally begin about two weeks after a balance update to ensure that the metagame has stabilized in an appropriate manner. Balance will be closely monitored throughout the season with the goal of having solid balance going into the postseason tournaments.”

Thief and sPvP Leagues ?

in Thief

Seiroxena.6350

This is just pathetic how this company doesnt give a kitten about balancing stuff.

Thief and sPvP Leagues ?

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

i saw a condi rev coming my way after i capped far, tried defending the point but had to retreat due the high amount of conditions the rev had. Too bad i was running core thief.

[SA]

Thief and sPvP Leagues ?

in Thief

Posted by: kiyue.5817

kiyue.5817

I feel ya. When I play spvp I play 99% thief only. I’ve never had anything to complain about since the original release of gw2, bc thiefs were always in a decent state if you know what you’re doing (I know there were some minor issues throughout the years, but they were just that: minor).

But now, when I struggle against mediocre players or even bad players (hi dragonhunters!) bc I feel like they have an advantage just by picking the right class, things get annoying.

I know in conquest every class has their role and you’re not meant to 1v1 every class/build or be viable in every scenario, but when I have to run away from almost everything and struggle to survive in teamfights were I am not the focus (bc no one really cares about me being there) it is just depressing.

And what about our new elite specc? It’s so nice on paper and I was excited as hell about playing a staff-wielding monkeyking style melee brawler. But after trying almost everything to make staff work, it’s just not playable at all, despite the high spike dmg potential it has.

I play a condi DD/SB (deadly arts/acrobatics/daredevil) for now, which is sort of playable, bc of all the evades and condi removal (through acrobatics) and gives you some sort of suprise advantage since nobody really knows how to deal with it. But pick whatever class and its better at what I do just from the get go.

So now there is leagues and I really think about to learn to play my mesmer or necro in spvp just to save me the frustration from playing thief. Just like I decided to do for pve… I boosted a mesmer who’s getting ready for 50+ fractals bc guess what…

Thief and sPvP Leagues ?

in Thief

Seiroxena.6350

Thank you for ruining the game with your crappy HoT balance patch and nerfing the thief down to ground just because “OMG NERF THIEF BACKSTAP STEALTH OP” /sarcasm.

Now this class was a little viable in sPvP before HoT but now it turned into something completely trash and useless.

You did a great job at ruining the game ANET.

I just quit this kitten game and will come back the day balance issues will be taken care of.

Have fun with your broken game guys !