Thief's in the next expansion.

in Thief

Posted by: Adoninilol.3180

Adoninilol.3180

Turn us into ‘bards’.

I basically want the thief to have a new specilization that allows us to use focus’s and are able to bring utility to the group.

Give us aoe rezzes, group buffs that grant power outside of might stacks.

Give us an buff to allies in aoe that gives them damage effects on a trigger, alacrity, unlimited dodges for a brief moment, double casting abilities. (a way to introduce co-ordination to raids on high damaging abilities others might cast).

(just some ideas, don’t blow this up in comments (this wont work!!!!)

Something that allows us to be useful, thieves are extremely underpowered at the moment, despite our high damage; it is more beneficial to a group to bring someone who can buff and do equal or slightly less damage.

I believe giving us focus’s and buffs to the group would allow the thief to be viable in raids/group situations outside of stealth.

Thanks.

in Thief

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Rifles or riot.

in Thief

Posted by: Louhetar.2901

Louhetar.2901

I can not do anything else but disagree.

Bard is better for the Ranger because generic irl lore goes along with it much better than Thief. I do agree we could use some group utility and also that Rangers already do have their fair share of them as Druids. Double casting might be okay if Thief used cooldowns, but now if you learn to manage initiative right you can be very efficient in battle.

Thief as a class can be very useful to group now. I’m not very experienced with WvW, but for example there we can use stealth to see if enemy is behind a corner and then coordinate an attack with main group → I attack from behind as others attack to the front.

Instead AoE ressing I would love to have a skill to force dead ppl to teleport to nearest uncontested wp ^^

Also I would like to add I say this all as quite casual Thief, I do not have the best understanding of out mechanics but I like to think that I know at least something.

_’ what.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

But that has nothing to do with Arsonist, Dual Torch or Shadow Form. I don’t think I’m interested.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Zaerah.1630

Zaerah.1630

If that is what you want then I would recommend playing some other class completely.

in Thief

Adoninilol.3180

Bard is better for the Ranger because generic irl lore goes along with it much better than Thief. I do agree we could use some group utility and also that Rangers already do have their fair share of them as Druids. Double casting might be okay if Thief used cooldowns, but now if you learn to manage initiative right you can be very efficient in battle.

Thief as a class can be very useful to group now. I’m not very experienced with WvW, but for example there we can use stealth to see if enemy is behind a corner and then coordinate an attack with main group -> I attack from behind as others attack to the front.

Instead AoE ressing I would love to have a skill to force dead ppl to teleport to nearest uncontested wp ^^

Also I would like to add I say this all as quite casual Thief, I do not have the best understanding of out mechanics but I like to think that I know at least something.

Lore standpoint we are your typical rogues in a mmo standpoint. Double casting is meant to be given to the allies around us, not thieves. In other words you hit double cast, ele meteor shower hits twice.

in Thief

Adoninilol.3180

If that is what you want then I would recommend playing some other class completely.

With this attitude thiefs will always be near useless

in Thief

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

But that has nothing to do with Arsonist, Dual Torch or Shadow Form. I don’t think I’m interested.

Frankly I think dual torches, focuses, warhorns and shields are some of the worst ideas to come out of this community. They are not weapons, and so they are off-hand only wtih good reason.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Thief

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Thief as a class can be very useful to group now. I’m not very experienced with WvW, but for example there we can use stealth to see if enemy is behind a corner and then coordinate an attack with main group -> I attack from behind as others attack to the front.

Lore standpoint we are your typical rogues in a mmo standpoint. Double casting is meant to be given to the allies around us, not thieves. In other words you hit double cast, ele meteor shower hits twice.

I’d say that the closest to a bard is still the mesmer not the ranger. Mesmers perform their art for a public like any artist out there while rangers are more hermits that love nature.

As for what you ask for the thief… :

Give us an buff to allies in aoe that gives them damage effects on a trigger

That’s what we call venom and it’s already on the thief.

alacrity

I think this boon was meant for the chronomancer only.

unlimited dodges for a brief moment

Ain’t this thing something that’s owned by the mesmer?

double casting abilities

That’s a bad idea for balance sake.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Thief

Posted by: NiisanSora.6289

NiisanSora.6289

I would rather see Mesmer have a bard spec, seeing as bards use heavy illusion magics.

in Thief

Yannir.4132

I would rather see Mesmer have a bard spec, seeing as bards use heavy illusion magics.

Not if they are into Death Metal or Hard Rock!

All classes lvl 80.

in Thief

Posted by: CreedOfGod.9764

CreedOfGod.9764

Rifles or riot.

~Ghost Ren~
Stay Low. Move Fast. Kill First. Die Last.

in Thief

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

well hold on there. let’s think about bards as they were in dragon age. (what if scenario)
what if they drew their inspiration for the bard elite spec from characters like Lelliana from Dragon age origins? She was a ‘bard’, she played music in taverns, party events for the elite, etc. she was also an assassin that doubled as a chantry sister, and the assailant no one saw coming.
I think that arenanet should draw more inspiration from dragon age when it comes to rogues. if thief with rifle/longbow plays out (if it’s given to thief) how archery plays out in dragonage 2/inquisition, i believe we’ll all be very happy.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Thief

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Rifles or riot.

This.

I don’t have a 1200-1500 range power/condi-weapon and you want me to sing songs and cast Battle Standard? Door is that way.

(edited by Enokitake.1742)

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I want a Focus, l but only as a melee weapon. Thieves, first original class with a melee staff, first class with a melee focus.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I still hope they introduce more unique weapons instead of increasing access to stuff already in the game. I’d love to play a whip spec that uses skills to pull the enemy and throw them around, that with traps would be a lot of fun if done right. Anything really, as long as it feels different to what’s already here or fills a role we don’t already have.

Anything that doesn’t just clone something we already have like feline grace/daredevil and sword dagger/staff clone spec will do.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: Devoneaux.6302

Devoneaux.6302

I’d rather gain access to ‘shadowmancy’. Maybe give us scepters with a focus on improved blinds and group stealth

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Rifles or riot.

Greatswords or GTFO.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Hybrid Theory.7361

Hybrid Theory.7361

Anything BUT rifle honestly

Steez | How Big Is Your Pvpness [EpeN] | Ruthless

in Thief

Posted by: Warlyx.6732

Warlyx.6732

LONGBOW or riot! we really need a 1200 weapon and rifle meh…

i would love to see sword OH too , dual swords on thief <3

in Thief

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

Pretty sure Herald is already GW2’s version of Bard.

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

If this game gets ever a bard, then its for the Mesmer..its the only class that makes conceptionally and in regard of gameplay mechanis and lore SENSE to get a Bard Spec, because Bards are all about 100% INSPIRIATION.

Thieves aren’t themed around inspiration, but rather improvisation, what are two totally different pairs of shoes. Mesmers in Guild Wars design were from begin all always based on inspiration, its part of their whole class design.

So don’t please come up now with some garbage nonsense as counter argument like … but but Leliana from Dragon Age was a bard and she was a thief blah blah…

Dragon Age = / = Guild Wars 2. Two completely different worlds with completely different lores and gameplay mechanics

The Thief Class needs some great rework and a true first Elite Spec.

Daredevil needs to get merged into the Base Thief, because Daredevil was from begin on nothing else but just a cheap Thief 2.0 for which anet destroyed Acrobatics to give the Spec a better reason for existance, while it totally copies the same gameplay mechanics of the base thief, instead of altering them, while adding some effects that should have been better from begin on part of the Thief to make the Thief more unique compared to the other classes in form of a baselined 3rd Dodge and baselined included Dodge Styles chooseable out of combat via F3 so that the player doesn’t have to waste for them instead important Trait Slots and could get actually helful Grandmaster Traits, that are in general more helpful in the game, than to change only your Dodge Style, what is personalyl for me thing that is so worthy of it to make that a Grandmaster Trait

After that change, Naet should add a true Elite Spec for the thief, that solves the 1200 range issue for the thief finally by giving Thieves a ROGUE spec, which adds to them LONGBOWS (like turning Thieves into Robin Hood! rogues!).

an Elite Spec, that needs to put focus then on following gameplay Mechanics:

• Very High focus on Boon Stealing/Sharing to give the Spec great Group Support aside of Stealth only
  • Improved Shadow Stepping for better Mobility
  • Improved Steal Mechanics and exlusively the feature of Disarmament for debuffign foes temporarely from their Attributes through some Rogue exclusive new Conditions called:

- “Disarmed” = Reduces Power/Condition Damage = Counter to Might
- “Robbed” = Target takes temporarely 30% more Damage = Counter to Protection

while receiving a new Rogue unique Boon, called “Presence”, which debuffs enemies in your near automatically. Presence basically works on you like a Banner, that reduces Attributes of enemies like Toughness, Vitality, Precision Boosts.

A Rogue with Presence on would literally completely neutralize the Attribute Buffs from a Warriors Banner Skill. And now comes the clue to Presence’s special effect.
It steals enemy Attribute Buffs from Banners and gives them instead to you and oyur allies, so Presence becomes literally a HARD COUNTER to Banners!
Somethign that is way too long overdue to get balanced, because these banners in the game currently have no counterplay since day 1 of the game!!

• Trap Control, a Rogue is a master in finding and removing Enemy traps, so that the whole Trapping Gameplay in this game finalyl receives a class build, that can counter it and provide at the same time group support for allies, which can’t see and remove traps liek the Rogue!! This would finally balance the whole trap build powercreep that we got since HoT from DHs, Ghost Thieves ect.

I’ll make for this an own threat, to make the concept clearer and better understandable.
But brief that, a Rogue Spec is basically the replacement for Daredevil, that this class needs the most!
And as second new E-Spec then from the next expansion they should receive the Saboteur with Dual Torches, so that the Thief gets finally also access to Burning.

That or something finally with a new weapon like Stalkers with Claws, or Infiltrators with Whips, that would be Elite Specs that would add new interestign facettes to this clas,s what the thief direly needs to stay interesting and fun to play.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

i dont want anything thief is fine for me, just wanna see rest of the weapons being used.
they dont need to do more dmg if u all think that, i would just love to see how s/d for example would be able to strip more boons faster making it in some cases far better then d/p and that way we see all kinds of thiefs.

right now theres really no use for other weapons ingame cus d/p over comes all at most situations.

in Thief

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

Bard would rule…. but good old bard are a buffer class with some added healing and crowd controll …. shield or sword offhand… maybe even both to give the option of choosing offense or defense……

And then adding rifle as a normal weapon….

in Thief

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

I love the BArd Concept, but not on thief per se.

I Don’t Want Team Utility I Want To KILL@!!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Seekingblade.8716

Seekingblade.8716

GIVE US ASSASSINS!!!!!!!!!!!
(assassins use stealth to kill their enemies) (give us rifles)

in Thief

Posted by: Midontto.5847

Midontto.5847

Would be cool if they added another MH or OH weapon for the thief in the next spec. More dual wield options would be nice. TBH Tempest are kinda like Bards/Spellsingers with their shouts and warhorn. Also Herald as well with their constant area boons.

With their innate ability to shadow step and dance around enemies, Rifle and Long Bow would be pretty strong for constant kiting and harassment. And with that it would also have to change their main mechanic steal. Fighting ranged would defeat the purpose if you have a gap closer as your main niche.

Now for what I think for a pretty cool specialization would be Duelist/Vigilante or something. Instead of dual wielding, for their OH, they can equip a sigil instead which will give new MH skills for 3, 4 and 5. One-Handed Pistol, Dagger and Sword would each get 3 new skills as well as the bonus effects from the off hand sigil equipped. For a new weapon I would say OH sword so dual wielding still has significance and would offer 5 more weapon skills. That’s 14 new weapon skills in total.

Now for utility…I was thinking of Stance as an option but it would feel pretty awkward for continually taking Warrior’s skill types. So I would say something completely new that I don’t know yet.

(edited by Midontto.5847)

in Thief

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Now for utility…I was thinking of Stance as an option but it would feel pretty awkward for continually taking Warrior’s skill types. So I would say something completely new that I don’t know yet.

Kiiiiits.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Thief

Adoninilol.3180

Hail friends i’ve been busy.

Bards aren’t mesmers lol, those are enchanters.

http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Bard

See this for thoughts.

Also rifles are silly.

Dagger/Shield would be dope, make us Rogues and give us debuffs like that dude up top said.

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I would prefer Rifle to Longbow. We already have a bow, and there need to be more Rifles in the game.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Who said Greatswords can’t be 1200 ranged weapons?

Just look at Revenant with it’s 1200 range hammer…

1200 RANGE GREATSWORDS or riot!

(Powerful slicing attack that create powerful cutting winds that have a range of 1200 units)

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

I want another dodge-oriented trait line with nerfs to the Dare Devil to help prevent dodges from being overpowered. If we ask for it, we won’t get it, right?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I want another dodge-oriented trait line with nerfs to the Dare Devil to help prevent dodges from being overpowered. If we ask for it, we won’t get it, right?

I think I want another elite spec that guts out our normal spec.

Felt good man,
Felt good

Brilliant idea!

Remove all stealth from the thief as part of a balance patch – lots of people will be happy.

Add stealth back in with an elite spec called “Stalker”.

BOOM, people will buy the expac!

With such an original concept, the expac will sell by the buckets.

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Yannir.4132

Who said Greatswords can’t be 1200 ranged weapons?

Just look at Revenant with it’s 1200 range hammer…

1200 RANGE GREATSWORDS or riot!

(Powerful slicing attack that create powerful cutting winds that have a range of 1200 units)

That sounds more like an ele than a thief…

All classes lvl 80.