To those QQ'ing about deadeye..

in Thief

Posted by: Zaerah.1630

Zaerah.1630

Imo rifle feels pretty good, it didn’t take long until kneeling and the slower animations began to feel quite natural. Daredevil during beta was clunky as kitten, Deadeye is fine.

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

Imo rifle feels pretty good, it didn’t take long until kneeling and the slower animations began to feel quite natural. Daredevil during beta was clunky as kitten, Deadeye is fine.

Daredevil clunky, deadeye fine
kek

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Trickery is NOT required in a DE build.

To the INI. With ample ways to achieve steath via the new Elite and utilities anyone used to an x/d build wherein stealth achieved via CnD or a p/p or d/p build will make up for lost INI via more access to stealth via utility.

If traiting SA which is very compatible with DE , you can more than make up for the lost BT and boon theft by taking RS.

Ready might access and the ability to garner bonuses out of stealth makes up for the loss of lead attacks.

The stun on steal via SOH is surpassed by unforgiving.

If a thief was using Trickery to get trickster for tricks you WILL miss those lower cooldowns but I found due to the ability to pop into stealth so readily and given I traited up SA , Shadows embrace worked very well removing conditions.

It may not be as easy or straightforward to get access to all the same things trickery offers but I have been having very good success in dropping that line , more then I could have had taking DrD. This does not mean I will no longer take trickery on every build as it does offer tremendous benefit. It is just not as much a must have as it was before DE.

As to those added dodges from DrD yes they are missed but I have been playing without them in anticipation of this for some time and the transition not all that difficult once you retrain yourself to use a dodge more wisely.

Trickery is required for literally every thief build.
For years thief was balanced around trickery, deadeye with those extremely high initiative costs was even created with trickery in mind.

Claiming the “high ini costs on rifle were based on hving trickery in mind” is not supported by the evidence. One person having no input into the deisgn process and having not sat in on any of ANETS meetings regarding the design of deadeye made this statement and all the tweedledums and tweedledees now repeat it as fact.

The INI costs of Rifle are not notably higher and any person can see this for themself by doing a comparison across the board for every cost.

1>The AA . All the same. No added cost to rifle with trickery in mind.

2>Number 2 skill. Rifle costs tied for lowest with heartseeker at 3 ini. The Sword has a cost of 5 ini here as the two skills are in fact comined (unlike Rifle) and p/x and SB sit at 4. If you compare the 3 INI cost Rifle to 4 cost p/d body shot, Rifle is vastly superior having 600 more range while doing 10X the damage. It applies cripple and swiftness over vuln and immob AND it pierces.

3>Number 3 rifle cost 4. This tied wih virtually all other weaponsets in that place outside p/p and unload, Comparing the what rifle 4 can do at 1200 range the cost is reasonable. 3 would be too low for all it provides.

4>>Rifle 4 at 5. The single highest base rifle cost but you get a lot of bang for your buck with this skill. It compares most directly to shadowstrike out of P/d in its abilities. Shadowstrike ports away and applies minimal damage in fist phase and much higher in second while applying two torment.

Deaths Retreat ports away applying more upfront damage while applying two stacks poison. While there no second phase damage it does clear a condition. The cost of 5 MIGHT be a tad high but 4 would be low for all it affords.

5>Rifle 5 at 1. This skill has to be linked across the board to all kneel skills rather then on its on. That said for 1 INI one can remove all movement impairing effects. That is DIRT cheap.

That said Rifle 5 acts as a modifier for three other skills boosting them in power or changing their abilities at that added cost so to those kneels.

2>Now becomes spotter shot. Cost now becomes 4 which is the same as p/d body shot, and the SB cost. Comapred to those skills across the board this a superior skill having 1500 range, applying solid damage and applying a cripple and immob while giving yourself vigor and fury AS it pierces. Do people really thing a cost of 4 too much?

3>Becomes three round burst now for 5 ini. This is 1500 range, self applies might and does significant damage. 5 ini cost is reasonable although 4 might be warranted.

4>Becomes deaths judgement. This is a huge damage skill providing an additional 15 percent damage per malice stack at 1500 range. It not something you would use on any enemy but a marked target and not nothing you should be able to spam. If you got 7 malice stacks on an enemy you will get +105 percent more damage in addition to the 21 percent damage from malice. Do people really think this too high a cost?

Infiltrators shot on SB costs 1 INI less. Black powder costs 1 INI less. Cnd costs 1 INI less. Is this skill worse then any of those when you consider the damage it can do?

That all said when adding that extra 1 ini for the kneel on those modified skills it important to note you do not have to pay for the kneel each and every time. If you kneel to take use a Number 3 , then using deaths judgement will be 6 ini if used right after. Stand up afer that and three conditions are removed.

The INI costs are all reasonable.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

whats the point of a silly sniper class, when it ends up being more effectively played out with all other weapons, except the rifle??

A sniper class to have is only worth it and not a massive fail, when playing with a sniper rifle is in the end also to the most effective build to play with, because if you use any other weapons with a spec like this, then you don’t have a sniper anymore, but just only a generic wannabe something that is of nothing half and nothing full.

ANet localized the class for german basically “Sniper” (Scharfschütze)… and as a such it makes no sense to run around with Daggers n Pistols or with Swords, only due to the traits and utility skills/class mechanics making these weapons most effective with this Spec, when in fact the whole E-Spec should be designed around the fact, that they shold be played the most effectively with their designed to weapon – the rifle, because without rifle, there we have no sniper anymore, but instead just undefined nonsense.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Thief

babazhook.6805

whats the point of a silly sniper class, when it ends up being more effectively played out with all other weapons, except the rifle??

A sniper class to have is only worth it and not a massive fail, when playing with a sniper rifle is in the end also to the most effective build to play with, because if you use any other weapons with a spec like this, then you don’t have a sniper anymore, but just only a generic wannabe something that is of nothing half and nothing full.

ANet localized the class for german basically “Sniper” (Scharfschütze)… and as a such it makes no sense to run around with Daggers n Pistols or with Swords, only due to the traits and utility skills/class mechanics making these weapons most effective with this Spec, when in fact the whole E-Spec should be designed around the fact, that they shold be played the most effectively with their designed to weapon – the rifle, because without rifle, there we have no sniper anymore, but instead just undefined nonsense.

Sort of like how d/p users all use Drd?

I do not get your point. A spec line HAS to work with other weaponsets or ir limits diversity and your suggestion all sets play better then Rifle in DE is simply not the case.

Rifle does what it was designed to do very well.

in Thief

Warrost.4895

I do not get your point. A spec line HAS to work with other weaponsets or ir limits diversity and your suggestion all sets play better then Rifle in DE is simply not the case.

Being useless against any decent player/outside of open world PvE?

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

That’s what a sniper is going to need to be like in order to be balanced lol.

You can’t have a long-ranged 1HKO/nuke spec that retains high mobility and stealth that has synergy with a lot of defensive play patterns and build options without some kind of clunkiness or efficacy lost on the high end considering the abuse-case it promotes.

There’s a reason people advocated against the sniper concept. This what the design needs to be, otherwise it just ends up blatantly better than everything else.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Yea yea, you just happen to face all the good players. Keep telling yourself that. You are about the miserable person on these boards with a history of denigrating virtually everything about Gw@. In fact months ago you claimed the game as dead and going nowhere yet here you are trying to spread your misery to others all these months later.

in Thief

Warrost.4895

Yea yea, you just happen to face all the good players. Keep telling yourself that. You are about the miserable person on these boards with a history of denigrating virtually everything about Gw@. In fact months ago you claimed the game as dead and going nowhere yet here you are trying to spread your misery to others all these months later.

Translation: I have no arguments, so I attack the person behind that. That is really mature behavior.
Furthermore, I can remember ever claiming GW2 as dead. Please link me this comment.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Translation: I have no arguments, so I attack the person behind that. That is really mature behavior.
Furthermore, I can remember ever claiming GW2 as dead. Please link me this comment.

Ni , that is YOUR translation. I have already given my arguments and you respond with your one line nonsense lines that do nothing to refute the same.

Nice try.

in Thief

Warrost.4895

Ni , that is YOUR translation. I have already given my arguments and you respond with your one line nonsense lines that do nothing to refute the same.

Nice try.

>claiming I ever said something about the person behind the comment
>saying you brought arguments
>claiming I never made a valid argument
>ignoring the second part of my comment
Quality work going on here.

But I think this is going to far away of the topic, since we are not apes throwing excrements at each other

(edited by Warrost.4895)

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Sorry guys…

I talked a lot of BS prematurely, i forced myself to play rifle although i hated it, and now that i have 6+ hours with it, im starting to get the hang of it.

dont get me wrong, it is not amazing nor better then my current live server build BUT i’m now having fun and enjoying it instead of the previous hate.

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Nice try.

Forget it. Leave him to his misery. He’s just been trolling the boards this weekend, with 90% of his posts offering nothing of value.

in Thief

Warrost.4895

Nice try.

Forget it. Leave him to his misery. He’s just been trolling the boards this weekend, with 90% of his posts offering nothing of value.

GW2’s toxic community goes on both directions
Everything is bad < – > Any form of criticism is basically salt and misery and just kitten and be grateful
What does it say about a community, to mark anyone saying something bad about any of the saints from Anet or their work as an outcast?

(edited by Warrost.4895)

in Thief

babazhook.6805

BTW rifle has an unblockable attack. Cursed bulet is unblockable at 1500 range granting a 20 percent damage increase if kneeling and a 20 percent increase in critical chance if kneeling. If filled to the max in Malice this means 20 and 21 percent damage increases on an unblockable.

This attack costs all of one INI plus one for the kneel and also converts two boons into conditions.

If one wished they could also trait Basi venom wherein the attack from Deaths Judgement can be made unblockable.

in Thief

Warrost.4895

BTW rifle has an unblockable attack. Cursed bulet is unblockable at 1500 range granting a 20 percent damage increase if kneeling and a 20 percent increase in critical chance if kneeling. If filled to the max in Malice this means 20 and 21 percent damage increases on an unblockable.

This attack costs all of one INI plus one for the kneel and also converts two boons into conditions.

If one wished they could also trait Basi venom wherein the attack from Deaths Judgement can be made unblockable.

Cursed bullet is so laughable slow, most people will avoid it by simply walking out of range.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Cursed bullet is so laughable slow, most people will avoid it by simply walking out of range.

Immaterial. I have walked out of range of impending steals. That hardly means steal “laughable”. I can walk out of AOE circles. That hardly makes them useless.

The attack is unblockable as is using BV. You really have a problem with hyperbole first suggesting every attck can be reflected and then people just have to walk away from a projectile.

I played the spec. You obviously did not. Now why not complain about the color of the rifles? one hint. The build also has Immob and Blocks work against virtually every attack in the DrD spec. People manage to get around them. L2P