[Video] Mugi D/D Thief Outnumbered Fighting 3

in Thief

Posted by: Shu.6981

Shu.6981

Only used 2 clips this time, no solo roaming actually. Used a D/D Ele to kite most of the enemies while I try to take them down one by one.

Mugi [-tM-][Holy]
IamMugi
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Sick video, makes me wanna play and try to do that :P

Before people go off using this as “OMG thief OP 1v900000 THIEVES TOO STRONK LOOKZ AT DIS VIDEOZ”….
Probably stating the obvious, he was jumping in and out trying to “assassinate” targets… sometimes (1:30-1:40) he even came close to dieing, but he knew what to do and gtfo…. waited at low health to strike again when ready….

Not putting you down, just saying, you clearly knew what you were doing… and it shouldn’t be interrupted as mindless facerolling. GJ

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Shu.6981

Shu.6981

Sick video, makes me wanna play and try to do that :P

Before people go off using this as “OMG thief OP 1v900000 THIEVES TOO STRONK LOOKZ AT DIS VIDEOZ”….
Probably stating the obvious, he was jumping in and out trying to “assassinate” targets… sometimes (1:30-1:40) he even came close to dieing, but he knew what to do and gtfo…. waited at low health to strike again when ready….

Not putting you down, just saying, you clearly knew what you were doing… and it shouldn’t be interrupted as mindless facerolling. GJ

If only people understood ;_;

Mugi [-tM-][Holy]
IamMugi
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

Not to highjack the attention, you’re great Jon but gotta give some mad credit to Stal for tanking all that crap, without him you wouldn’t have these clips

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Nice video. See, thieves can do okay if they experiment a little.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Not to highjack the attention, you’re great Jon but gotta give some mad credit to Stal for tanking all that crap, without him you wouldn’t have these clips

Next Mugi video needs a Scarlet pop-up with the Kanye interrupt speech to talk about how good Stalagta is.

in Thief

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

Next Mugi video needs a Scarlet pop-up with the Kanye interrupt speech to talk about how good Stalagta is.

lmao

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I’ve been both on the receiving end and the dealing end of the tank + Thief combo.

It’s incredibly powerful and I can understand why some consider it OP. It’s very hard to counter such a high pressure Thief when you’ve got other thing exploding and knocking around you.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I’ve been both on the receiving end and the dealing end of the tank + Thief combo.

It’s incredibly powerful and I can understand why some consider it OP. It’s very hard to counter such a high pressure Thief when you’ve got other thing exploding and knocking around you.

What you’re doing, and what he’s doing in the video… it’s called coordinating, if you mean the combo in general… I’m sorry that those people he killed in the video mindlessly kept running forward as one of their buddies was getting plowed … It’s OP that they’re mindless, i will give you that.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

mugi ur carried by stal

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

nice team video and gg for the ele who soak all the dmg from you
and still the mesmers are the best counter to thieves

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

nice team video and gg for the ele who soak all the dmg from you
and still the mesmers are the best counter to thieves

This is very debatable. I think P/S engis and condi necros are best. Mesmers create more targets for a thief to stealth off of. Have I won every encounter with a mesmer? Of course not, I’m one of the few people you’ll see here that will admit they actually lose a fight. But I have beaten quite a lot of them and using clones usually means they are creating my playground.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

What you’re doing, and what he’s doing in the video… it’s called coordinating, if you mean the combo in general… I’m sorry that those people he killed in the video mindlessly kept running forward as one of their buddies was getting plowed … It’s OP that they’re mindless, i will give you that.

It’s not that simple unless you’re gonna call everyone “mindless”. It’s incredibly hard to counter the Thief in situations with so many targets. Countering a D/D Thief is all about denying him Cloak and Dagger which is nigh impossible in such situations.

It doesn’t make the enemies bad or even mindless. Just be on the receiving end yourself and you’ll see.

in Thief

Posted by: Jackal.8263

Jackal.8263

Mugi, thank you for these videos. I have a long way to go, but when you and Yishi release these, it provides a measuring mark and a good instructional tool on what and what not, to do. Thank you.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

It’s not that simple unless you’re gonna call everyone “mindless”. It’s incredibly hard to counter the Thief in situations with so many targets. Countering a D/D Thief is all about denying him Cloak and Dagger which is nigh impossible in such situations.

It doesn’t make the enemies bad or even mindless. Just be on the receiving end yourself and you’ll see.

My bad, “mindless” is too harsh of a word. They (people he killed) were very uncoordinated and didn’t know how to handle the situation. They made poor decisions throughout the fight which gave (and continually added on to) Shu’s and his ele partner’s advantages. I was going to write a funny-mocking narrative on the enemies in the video, but notice that only after 1:30 did they really focus the thief that was killing them instead of chasing around an ele that wasn’t doing much damage (thief was kill them) and wasn’t dieing either… The ele, was a decoy (a very well played), the “tank”.

Correct me if I’m wrong but there was two of them versus ~7 (eye-balling) (same world) enemies. If anything the thief would have problems choosing the correct targets that are most effective against them (thief and ele) or that are easy to dispatch.

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: Battou.7832

Battou.7832

How do you like Cavalier gear?

Thief Scoundrel “Hraffen”
[RET] of Fort Aspenwood