Violated PvE thief, no change to Wvw thief.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Main reason why is because the duration is crazy long. Mostly in pvp is it stupid strong when caping and defending but even in wvw and pve it was a tad too strong. The reason being is that it was a 15s long duration on a 30s cd that can be cast while invis and not break the invis. Made it far too easy to wreck large groups. With 10s you still maintain the utility, just the dps is nerfed.

I don’t see how you maintain the utility since the duration has been nerfed by 33% It reduces the utility in the same proportion as it reduced the DPS.

in Thief

Posted by: Imbaloni.1849

Imbaloni.1849

lot of damage reduction in pve

in Thief

Posted by: Captainlasercannon.8914

Captainlasercannon.8914

Good video, thanks for posting that.

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Main reason why is because the duration is crazy long. Mostly in pvp is it stupid strong when caping and defending but even in wvw and pve it was a tad too strong. The reason being is that it was a 15s long duration on a 30s cd that can be cast while invis and not break the invis. Made it far too easy to wreck large groups. With 10s you still maintain the utility, just the dps is nerfed.

I don’t see how you maintain the utility since the duration has been nerfed by 33% It reduces the utility in the same proportion as it reduced the DPS.

because you still maintain the massive stacks of crippled if the target moves through it and still use it as zoning if they don’t. In a pve perspective. The target will have moved through it enough that it will have near perma crippled, stacked with all your other crippled skills if you need them. In a pvp/wvw perspective. If ur target walked through it enough to make casting it worthwhile, then you should have already pretty much won the fight. The skill doesn’t need to be up that often. From a balancing perspective, it gave too much at the cost of too little (not even revealing you). And if your target didn’t walk through it, then you just used it as a form of zoning but instead of near insta winning, you just gave yourself a good advantage. Make the most of it.

It’s still a very good skill 10s or 15s. It just seems to make more sense being at 10s for being on only a 30s cd.

Now for something that also doesn’t make sense. Trait critical haste and the sigil that gives haste. Both are now useless until they get buffed.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: KhalamMekhar.7368

KhalamMekhar.7368

Nice video, but I have 1 issue with it – you included haste nerf into the calculations of how much dmg d/d thief lost from revealed nerf. Haste nerf is nerf for everyone, it could be interesting to check how much dmg thieves lost from just a reveal debuff, not from haste nerf.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Ah this thread is comedy gold. So you can’t faceroll anymore and have to time your attacks better?

You’re a real genius, man. They left alone things that needed nerfing, and nerfed things that didn’t need it. As usual.
Next time you feel frustrated about getting trolled by some Thief in PvP abusing perma-stealth, just think back to your precious Thief nerf from this patch and be relieved in the thought that your teammates in PvE are now significantly more of a burden.

in Thief

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

Ah this thread is comedy gold. So you can’t faceroll anymore and have to time your attacks better?

That’s my thinking as well. So your telling me I can’t jump in and out of stealth so people can’t see me while I kill them? This class sucks…lol

Kidding of course, my thief was completely unaffected by this update thanks to my out of the box thinking.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Thief

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

You’re a real genius, man. They left alone things that needed nerfing, and nerfed things that didn’t need it. As usual.
Next time you feel frustrated about getting trolled by some Thief in PvP abusing perma-stealth, just think back to your precious Thief nerf from this patch and be relieved in the thought that your teammates in PvE are now significantly more of a burden.

I’ve met good, bad and annoying thieves. The annoying ones are those that nearly permastealth. That 1 second finally gives other classes a better chance at fighting back.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

I’ve met good, bad and annoying thieves. The annoying ones are those that nearly permastealth. That 1 second finally gives other classes a better chance at fighting back.

No, No it doesn’t! That’s exactly what they did NOT do.
3 second reveal already made perma-stealth impossible if they actually tried to attack. But they don’t. That’s HOW they perma-stealth. They avoid Revealed by just precasting CnD so it hits as soon as the stealth ends.
All this did was further harm productive playstyles that actually attempt to do something, particularly in PvE.
Thieves are still 100% as capable as before at screwing around in perma-stealth or resetting a fighting when it looks bad for them.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in Thief

Posted by: ham tam tots.6347

ham tam tots.6347

For the 10th or so time in this thread – Thieves can still permastealth, they didn’t fix that.

The thread is about the PvE Thief, and why other classes feel the need to defend the nerf is beyond me. I liked my stealth based build for more than backstabs. Depending on the situation my stealth can AoE blind mobs hitting all of us, can grant regeneration to allies and might and condition removal to myself, which all helps the team accomplish whatever goal.

It seems like the traits weren’t even looked at when they added this, It’s a huge nerf to any party with a thief and makes them even more undesirable than they already seem to be.

Also the attack rotations are messed up. Instead of looking at the gorgeous graphics and all the action going on I’m looking at a 20×20 icon at the bottom of the screen so i can attempt to help out. I can’t even imagine how confusing this is for a new player when they realise they can’t actually use the skills they want to or just being slightly off timing will cause them to be redundant.

in Thief

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Well … I almost missed it due to being aggravated with the class changes complete oversight on my 2 main chars (we changed quickness but compensated you … except very commonly used Mesmer elite and Ranger trait … you get no compensation).

However, thanks to guildies in TeamSpeak, I got to try out the new WvW experience (i.e. no culling) and I have to give props to ArenaNet for that. No culling and I encountered no noticeable performance hit.

The thing that was hilarious though was seeing all the bad thieves who thought they were good (thanks to culling) now simply die. I’m enjoying that this is pushing class diversity … though Rangers still seem to be getting less and less … poor guys.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Thief

rootnode.9546

I said “nearly” permastealth. The 3 seconds of being revealed before they can stealth again is not enough. So the additional second gives other classes a way to react better.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

I said “nearly” permastealth. The 3 seconds of being revealed before they can stealth again is not enough. So the additional second gives other classes a way to react better.

A maximum of 50% up-time on stealth is near-permanent?

in Thief

Posted by: amok.1804

amok.1804

I´m so freaking angry, I think ima burn down some cars to show my protest.

No seriously.. this nerf AGAIN is a big joke in my eyes.
You try to weaken the wvw and spvp thiefs and hit the pve thiefs right in their nuts.
Also this is the second nerf in a row after the aggro nerf.

Keep that up A-Net and you´ll score a freaking ACE in killing the class.

One last thing I wanna say,
I´m a 95% PVE Thief and also think that wvw and spvp needs a nerf, but weakening the pve part of a class that has the lowest health pool in the game and not even the hightest dmg is just redicious.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Indeed. Imagine if we got a 5 minute Stealth on a 3 minute cooldown like in other games

in Thief

Posted by: Captainlasercannon.8914

Captainlasercannon.8914

Still no further response from Arenanet then? What a shame.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

It seems like you’re a bit confused about what people refer to as perma-stealth in this context.

We are referring to the exploit when a Thief casts c&d, and then wait for the stealth to end and immediately cast it again, only popping out of stealth for less than a fraction of a second when timed well.

This works because the revealed effect only applies when you attack while stealthed. If you just wait and let the stealth expire, there will be no revealed applied.

They said in the SotG they will fix this by adding a revealed effect even when stealth expires without attacking, thus putting an end to this exploit entirely. However, all they did with this patch is increase the length of the revealed effect, which still only applies when you attack while stealthed and doesn’t apply when stealth expires naturally.

So essentially they nerfed all legitimate use cases of stealth yet left the exploit completely untouched. Hence the rage from the thief community regarding this change.

TL;DR No, this change will not give anyone a better chance of fighting back against the real exploiters.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Thief

rootnode.9546

Read it again. I’m talking about this scenario: thief appears, attack, disappears. Appears, attacks, disappears. These, previously, 3 seconds of minimum time of appearance, were too short to react (or 2 seconds, including clipping).

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Read it again. I’m talking about this scenario: thief appears, attack, disappears. Appears, attacks, disappears. These, previously, 3 seconds of minimum time of appearance, were too short to react (or 2 seconds, including clipping).

As you mentioned, removing culling will in effect give people at least a whole extra second to react. Giving it another whole second without seeing how things work out first is really against their balancing philosophy.

in Thief

Posted by: ReFLeX.8129

ReFLeX.8129

It seems like you’re a bit confused about what people refer to as perma-stealth in this context.

We are referring to the exploit when a Thief casts c&d, and then wait for the stealth to end and immediately cast it again, only popping out of stealth for less than a fraction of a second when timed well.

This works because the revealed effect only applies when you attack while stealthed. If you just wait and let the stealth expire, there will be no revealed applied.

They said in the SotG they will fix this by adding a revealed effect even when stealth expires without attacking, thus putting an end to this exploit entirely. However, all they did with this patch is increase the length of the revealed effect, which still only applies when you attack while stealthed and doesn’t apply when stealth expires naturally.

So essentially they nerfed all legitimate use cases of stealth yet left the exploit completely untouched. Hence the rage from the thief community regarding this change.

TL;DR No, this change will not give anyone a better chance of fighting back against the real exploiters.

100% correct. This patch did nothing for the abusers. Along with the bugs like hidden killer this has just really affected many builds that use stealth as intended.

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

What your stating sounds very much like CnD spam which is not effected at all by revealed or the revealed duration increase, which of course comes with piddly damage that even the fragilest of glass cannons should be able to cope with.

If your absolutely definite about it NOT being that then a thief would still have only realistically been able to rukitten0% uptime on stealth and still deal enough damage to be a threat.

in Thief

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

The biggest issue I see with the stealth change (+1 to reveal) is that it punishes thieves who play the class the way it is intended. Whereas thieves that abuse and chain CnD are unaffected.

in Thief

Posted by: Drinks.2361

Drinks.2361

I really dislike how it messed up the synergy with the auto attack chain, you used to get a nice little audio cue when you could stealth again. Made it easy to watch the target for telegraphed moves instead of having to play the UI & watch your buff bar.

edit: queue, cue, q?

(edited by Drinks.2361)

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Sure caltrops nerf sucks for condi thieves, but it was warranted.

I’m also confused at why you as a person feel that cutting 5 seconds off of the duration of caltrops was “warranted”

Enlighten me.

Main reason why is because the duration is crazy long. Mostly in pvp is it stupid strong when caping and defending but even in wvw and pve it was a tad too strong. The reason being is that it was a 15s long duration on a 30s cd that can be cast while invis and not break the invis. Made it far too easy to wreck large groups. With 10s you still maintain the utility, just the dps is nerfed and with the buff to caltrops on dodge (previously only could get 1 stack of bleeds from this, I’ve seen 3 now), it seems to have evened out.

You could get 3 before with caltrops on dodge as well. I used it many many times to speed up the death of yak’s. On a player however…. you could only get 2 if you aimed it correctly and they were dumb. The utility version was too strong in sPvP… but in WvW/PvE it really wasn’t necessary… so +1 for splitting the game apart more into PvE and PvP.

It still doesn’t make up for the less healing/cond removal/stacks of might/direct damage in any way though… they had a splinter and decided to use a hammer to try to get it out : /

Dat metal background music while doing math + ponies… HARDCORE!

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Thief

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

The state of the game video talked about more than just nerging stealth.
They also referred to helping with Thief mobility and condition removal.

Interesting how they were quick to implement the first, but do nothing
on the other two. Guess we wait another 3 months for a hyped up patch
that actually does very little again.

in Thief

Posted by: krumhur.3207

krumhur.3207

The state of the game video talked about more than just nerging stealth.
They also referred to helping with Thief mobility and condition removal.

Interesting how they were quick to implement the first, but do nothing
on the other two. Guess we wait another 3 months for a hyped up patch
that actually does very little again.

2 months ago they also said AoEs were excessive (link), yet they ended up nerfing a single target skill set (d/d)…i’m starting to lose faith in devs/patches and everything else they do really.

if i also consider that the already best dps class out there got his utility tools greatly buffed, and that i have to wait another month to possibly see this fix reverted, then i feel very depressed as a thief player.

maybe i’ve already said this in my previous reply but sometimes (it happens quite often actually) i have the feel that fixes are just rushed (be it to appeal players who whine, or to fix real problems), without testing them extensively and without looking for the best possible solution to these issues (which is indeed hard , if not downright impossible, if one has to balance sPvP, WvW and PvE all at once).

in Thief

Posted by: Marked One.3125

Marked One.3125

I FINALLY manage to win a tpvp match with caltrops and it gets nerfed! It can’t cover a point btw and no one sits in it intentionally unless they are bad; I had to use scorpion wire to pull good players into it. Can you guess which classes had a hard time dealing with caltrops? You guessed it, Mesmer and Guardian! Mesmer clones just suicide in caltrops all day long and guardians are forced to move (read: think) to the edge of a point (still contesting it though). The 15s wasn’t about getting massive stacks of bleeds or cripples(lol) it was about increasing the opportunity to get people into it and usually this wasn’t more then 5s anyway but it wasn’t always 5s during the first 10s. I think increasing the cooldown would be a better idea (45s).

No worries though, I just swapped to the classic backstab.

in Thief

Posted by: Ruggan.4102

Ruggan.4102

Sure caltrops nerf sucks for condi thieves, but it was warranted.

I’m also confused at why you as a person feel that cutting 5 seconds off of the duration of caltrops was “warranted”

Enlighten me.

It’s quite simple really – it stacked 2 bleeds per tick, causing up to 15 bleeds for a large group of enemies that lasted up to 20 seconds while also crippling everything in the same radius. This is very powerful for a utility skill (and thematically inappropriate, frankly), and the result of that is that Thieves were overdependent on it while leveling (regardless of build). I went from having a very difficult time playing my Thief to suddenly destroying groups of mobs abruptly when I picked up the skill.

I believe the Caltrops nerf was needed; what will happen now is that some of the serious playability issues the class has in PvE that were previously partially masked by broken-ish skills like Caltrops will be revealed more overtly and they’ll be forced to address issues like terrible Downed skills, terrible Vital Shot, and weaksauce Stealth.

Now the extra second on the Reveal debuff – that’s a whole different ballgame. They clearly didn’t stop to think about the ripple effects. I have to be honest, I don’t have a whole lot of confidence in their competence at this point.

So what your saying is… a skill that allowed a player to take on groups of mobs needed to be nerfed so that the player could no longer take on groups of mobs? If that is the case, then ranger entangle, ele’s AOEs, ranger traps, Engineer turets… and the list goes on… need to be nerfed as well so those classes cant take on groups of mobs. With my ranger, if I throw down entangle, it does a DOT and I then hit them with a ranged trap… with a dot… and a group of mobs is dead before I send my pet in… and in the mean time, I take no dmg because the mobs cant even get close to me. Oh, and lets not forget that enemies now SEE the area of the caltrops…. do you see the area of a ranger trap when laid down? Umm that would be a NOOOOO!

in Thief

rootnode.9546

As you mentioned, removing culling will in effect give people at least a whole extra second to react. Giving it another whole second without seeing how things work out first is really against their balancing philosophy.

Even if clipping is removed, 3 seconds was way too short.
Don’t get me wrong. I have a thief alt too, but now it’s actually a challenge in WvW and not a stupid faceroll on my keyboard. I think it’s just a learn 2 adjust issue.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

very good video. Guess it confirmed that only doing 1.5 chains is better for dps but still is a huge nerf having to pull it off. A thing I think you didn’t take into consideration is that you are also losing out on the poison the d/d thief would pull out at the end of their attack rotation. I don’t mean this in dps wise, I mean this in having poison up on the target so it can’t heal as effectively. With having to stop at 1.5 aas you will lost over 50% of the uptime of the poison. As it was before, it would expire by the time the next lotus strike would land IF you DIDN’T use cnd back stab. This means for every 2 full aa-cnd rotations, we’ll only be having be having the poison up for the 2nd rotation and that equals to around a 3.75s downtime every 5s.

in Thief

Posted by: Snine.5291

Snine.5291

Is this patch a joke? Seriously… Early April fools day joke or something? I have seen my fair share of bad patches in other MMORPGs but my god I don’t think I have EVER seen a company drop the ball this huge on a class… The changes they made DID NOTHING to fix what they were addressing. I know this is usually said as a joke, but DO THEY EVEN PLAY A THIEF? Seriously. How could you possibly make this change if you even have a moderate understanding of the class… Especially when they already had a PERFECT FIX written up and ready to go… No other words to describe this then just WTF!!!

Thanks for simultaneously introducing a new fun feature in WvW while at the same time breaking my class making me not even want to play it.

Oh and to top it all off, lets just break hidden killer… why not.

in Thief

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

I think it might be about that time to level another class to 80, I don’t like where this is going.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

No worries though, I just swapped to the classic backstab.

do you know that Hidden Killer got broken on the last patch and it isn’t working at all?

in Thief

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

As we played with the stealth changed mentioned in the SotG, we recognized that in conjunction with the change to culling this was an unpredictable change to make. We also felt that it was too big of a hit to these stealth professions, so we ended up pulling that change in favor of just increasing revealed duration by 1 second.

too big of a hit?You saw what thieves can do in wvw….But u nerfed the warriors quickness….and the nerf actually affects the wrong thieves,the ones that play pve.It should be the other way around, nerf the ones in wvw and buff pve thieves!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Thief

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

That’s my thinking as well. So your telling me I can’t jump in and out of stealth so people can’t see me while I kill them? This class sucks…lol

Kidding of course, my thief was completely unaffected by this update thanks to my out of the box thinking.

Yes, you cannot jump in and out of stealth as fast as before. This nerf hit those the most who really just stealthed to get a quick stealth skill of like tactical strike or a backstab. It actually didnt hit those it intended to hit: this was meant to block / hinder stealth spamming / chaining, but instead it ruined the thief completly in PvE – remember, we are already not very welcome in groups and now we get even less survivability and damage – and while the thief is still playable in WvW / PvP with that longer revealed debuff the effectivity of the Shadow Arts traitline got an even more intense nerf. This cannot be what they wanted to achieve, i simply cannot believe that. The explanation we got for that is just plain hilarious and a blatant lie because THIS change affected stealth reliant professions much harder than if the revealed buff would just appear upon end of stealth, regardless how it ends.

But anyways – since you seem to know very much with your out-of-the-box-thinking, enlighten me please – How do you play your thief to be totally NOT affected by the recent changes to Revealed? Honestly, all those people telling that have yet to prove their oppinions. Build, Armor, Playstyle, in that order, please

PS: That question goes to anyone who thinks the thief is not in a worse shape now / who think these changes were totally needed!

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

So… basically, you guys are saying the caltrops nerf was warranted because it can stack bleeds and cripples in a large aoe and is a working zoning tool.

At 15s it was one of a few good utilities avaliable to condition builds. At 10s it’s still good, but it drops condition damage builds further behind, and those builds were already behind not only direct damage, but condition builds avaliable to almost every other class in terms of damage and utility.

I personally don’t think dropping one of our best PvE utilities in duration, especially when attached to a patch that drops our already “almost okay if there’s only one target” DPS in to the toilet by way of an extra second on reveal, a nerf that drops thief damage across the board for every single build that uses either of our melee options in either hand.

In WvW… I feel buffed in this patch due to the uncatchable buff.

In PvE, I can actually notice how much longer it takes to kill things.

Meanwhile, Warriors got a much needed adjustment to lol100B faceroll by way of the haste nerf (which was a good game-wide call, thieves included) but were generously compensated by having their party utility seriously buffed.

I still love my thief, but its frustrating to see such a big nerf not come with a little compensation in terms of mobility, trait support, or something meaningful outside of a marginally better chance of landing a minor trait and an extra secon on a utility that was nerfed along with the rest of quickness.

Moreso, it’s just plain puzzling to see a nerf to caltrops specifically, as it was a niche skill for builds that were already pretty well balanced.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

^
The reason why we are saying it was warranted is because it was too easy to invis into a zerg (without walking into mad aoes obviously), using caltrops and choking gas on the groups, and walking out without ever truly breaking stealth. In PvE it sucks but it was at least warranted in a general balancing sense. Also, you can build very tanky with a condition spec and not lose out on dps. If you’re a power spec, if you want to do dmg you have to be glass cannon or else you won’t do nearly as much dmg. Things like that need to be taken into consideration.

Oh and you can still put trait points into trick cd reduction making it a 24s cd. Previously someone could drop a 15s long skill, with a HUGE aoe, massive stacks of bleeds and cripple, with only a 9s down time. That’s why it was nerfed.

As a power thief who isn’t traited into tricks, I still use the skill because the utility of it is still that good. Not all the time of course, everything has its time and place.

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

in Thief

rootnode.9546

Thing is: Berzerker Thieves finally pay up a little in terms of survivability. And please don’t cry about the health pool. You have a medium health pool, but still medium armor.
I think the patch was not only warranted, but also necessary!
And caltrops from 15s down to 10s? Why on earth would you need them on the ground for more than 10s?

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Thief

Posted by: iNaddict.8021

iNaddict.8021

Thing is: Berzerker Thieves finally pay up a little in terms of survivability. And please don’t cry about the health pool. You have a medium health pool, but still medium armor.
And caltrops from 15s down to 10s? Why on earth would you need them on the ground for more than 10s?

you mean low health pool

just a little research.

(edited by iNaddict.8021)

in Thief

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

You’ve been posting a lot of gloating posts since this update. Now you are also posting misinformation.

How about you stop it and realize the next class up for castration will be the mesmer.

And we ALL know just how ezmode mesmers really are.

in Thief

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

,I have been playing since 3 day headstart. I have one 80, my thief. I have never made a complaint about any of the changes, in fact, since i consider myself, and my server considers me an extremely above average thief, even the intended nerf to stealth being the reveal buff always applied, i was ok with. that was workable. but this new nerf is unacceptable. You ruined my class Anet. you ruined my character. the 800+ hours i put into my thief don’t mean much now. i can’t even get a CoF farm group to take me anymore because the extra second on reveal demolished my dps and survivability. You solved nothing you set to accomplish. CnD spam is still viable, however my well thought out build that took months of trial and error has been destroyed overnight. The good thieves have been punished. The PvE thieves have been punished. and for what? a few ignorant forum complaints? This is disgusting. Haven’t even mentioned the buggy stealth and the hidden killer trait. Way to kill a class overnight.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

So what I hear from this thread is that there is now room to buff thief in PVE in other ways.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

So what I hear from this thread is that there is now room to buff thief in PVE in other ways.

Yeah, I can see those buffs already:

April 1, 2025:

Thief

- Needle Trap cooldown reduced by 1/2s.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

iNaddict.8021

Yeah, I can see those buffs already:

April 1, 2025:

Thief

- Needle Trap cooldown reduced by 1/2s.

but range reduced by 50% to balance the lower cooldown.

in Thief

Grimwolf.7163

More accurately, it would be something along the lines of;
“Damage was too low in PvE, so we’ve reduced the recharge on Shadowstep by 5 seconds.”
“Backstab no longer deals double damage from the back.”

in Thief

iNaddict.8021

“Damage was too low in PvE, so we’ve reduced the recharge on Shadowstep by 5 seconds. and reduced range by 50%”
“Backstab no longer deals damage. Instead it heals you. just like in soviet russia”

in Thief

Auesis.7301

“Damage was too low in PvE, so we’ve reduced the recharge on Shadowstep by 5 seconds. and reduced range by 50%”
“Backstab no longer deals damage. Instead it heals you. just like in soviet russia”

“Backstab no longer deals damage. Instead, your character fumbles and cuts themselves open, stacking 25 bleeds. Upon exiting stealth, your character writes an apology to the target in blood before bypassing downed state to instant death.”

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

rootnode.9546

You’ve been posting a lot of gloating posts since this update. Now you are also posting misinformation.

How about you stop it and realize the next class up for castration will be the mesmer.

And we ALL know just how ezmode mesmers really are.

Sorry, I somehow remembered medium health pool, my bad.
Yes, Mesmers have received various nerfs with almost every patch. But I adjusted to it.
Mesmer Ezmode? Right… cause we do all the burst damage…

If they are going to nerf shatter builds, I’ll run a condition build. If that is nerfed, I’ll go for glamour. So what? If the class gets totally unplayable, I’ll play another class until they fix it. But don’t tell me that thieves are oh so totally unplayable now in PvE. Just adjust to a new build, or… L2P how many like to answer to people complaining about thieves being OP.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Thief

Posted by: Illidan.6802

Illidan.6802

Or maybe something like this in near future:
With low health pool, healing skill seems to have major healing affect on Thief. To increase gameplay experience, we take stealth and buff removal away from Hide in Shadow. It will allow Thief player have more time to confront the death.

[LotD] Long Phi
D/D – S/P Sylvary Thief
Blackgate

in Thief

Auesis.7301

Or maybe something like this in near future:
With low health pool, healing skill seems to have major healing affect on Thief. To increase gameplay experience, we take stealth and buff removal away from Hide in Shadow. It will allow Thief player have more time to confront the death.

Wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief