Viper's WvW Roaming

Viper's WvW Roaming

in Thief

Posted by: Kirochique.9186

Kirochique.9186

Hey all, last night I decided to see how much condi damage I could do in WvW with a full set of vipers gear with condi duration runes/sigils and food/utilities.
I got to 100% condi duration.
I set myself up with a decent condition build for thief and wow.
People fell to the build in roughly seconds. Of course it’s not super OP because the survivability isn’t good enough but it’s still an incredible stat set.
With d/d 3 I hit for 7k damage over 20seconds, I was 1v1ing a warrior and in 10 seconds of fighting he was up to 50 stacks of bleeding, it was sick.

So my question is, with all my conditions being up by 100% do you have any sweet condi builds I can try out?

Jhadir the Charr Thief (ET) EradonTerrace
All the dodge!

Viper's WvW Roaming

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

trailblazer is a better way to gear yourself i you want to go full con. i can link you my build for roaming.

if you go choking gas > impair dagger > withdraw > steal > dodge > needle trap > dodge you tick them for 11k dmg a second

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAV4Yn0MBtNhFOBemCkmiFZCTbPNFCAebh2wHaeDGCLhA-TFyCQBH7JAUPdDCZ/hKq8rgq/gSlgA4CAgsDCQAAEgZOzkZZGMexLexLexzMn5Mn5MnZpAgYsF-w

^copy wrong build XD

(edited by Taobella.6597)

Viper's WvW Roaming

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqYVn8lCtNhdmCmOB8PhFYCz7LsoGRzhwSYLU7PFAKAA-TFyCQBA4IAgsTBQFV+VP9BoUJY42fogq/csHAQAAEAm5Mn5Mn5MLFAELrA-w

Pure condition build but it works very well. They key is IMMOB. You can stack it easily and shut down mobility.

Note just as with CnD you can precast your needle trap and steal.

As example at range cast nesedle trap and steal to the enemy right away. The needle trap will land right on the enemy and from your steal you will get…

3 poison 3 bleed 5 Confusion , a 4+ second Immob and be stealthed. You can then do a sneak attack for 5 bleeds (the trap stealthed you) and port away with a Shadowstrike for 3 torment.

If really good and Basi loaded prior to the steal you can also get an interrupt for 3 more torment.

This also works with your heal and the needle trap on it. Precast your heal and steal to the enemy. The needle trap from respite will land on him. This CAN work even with withdraw as a heal. If you start the withdraw you will get the cleanse and heal but if you time it right and hit steal as soon as you start the withdraw, the needle trap will land on the enemy. This much harder to pull off.

Once you Immob an enemy you should move behind him so he can not turn and face you. If you alternate your attacks with 2 you can stay out of his LOS and avoid a lot of his own attacks.

Note you can use Lotus training in lieu of UC. I just prefer the UC to ensure I can escape immobs in turn. The Uncatchable can add good bleeds/cripples in any case due to durations. The build is excellent in group support. Shadowstep is because condition cleanse weak. If in a group that can help mitigate that use spider venom. I would add that the build works well with core thief using acro or sa in lieu of DD.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Viper's WvW Roaming

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Viper's WvW Roaming

in Thief

Posted by: Arten.3915

Arten.3915

This is a condition venom thief that is very tanky and yet delivers serious bleeding and poison. As one dodges with this build, it also cleanses conditions. All one really has to do is spam dodge and Death Blossom. Its weakness is getting out of a stun. Although, one can easily switch out the Signet of Shadows for Shadowstep if one finds it necessary. The sacrifice is movement speed (travel mobility).

With the food buffs, the bleeding duration goes up to 70% and the poison duration goes up to 55%. This build is for those Thieves that don’t wish to die a lot, but really want to deliver some serious crippling damage without a lot of pre-planned moves.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lCFNhNNBeOB8PhlWCTLAcAWAznwV4L0rM0GSRA-TVSAABvs/gBHCgxU+BwJEAV1f44AIsmSQF1wE9TKIAACQAysM7oH9oH9oHtZOzhO0ZOzCBsYNA-w]