in Thief

Posted by: Josh.5839

Josh.5839

like the rogue in wow. cus rogue is like not viable in raids or zergs

is thief gonna be bottom tier soon?

in Thief

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Thieves are more or less top dps in dungeons. Provide massive single target dps and mobility in pvp, and are excellent for roaming in wvw.

What makes you think they would be bottom tier soon?

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

in Thief

Posted by: Josh.5839

Josh.5839

like thief gonna get nerfs soon again like rogues over n over

in Thief

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

You know… glass canon ain’t viable in zerg or raid, thief is fine.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

No. We have been nerfed a lot since launch, but it looks like it has sort of stopped. Thief provide lots of utility and very high dps in PvE! Well played thieves can be a real asset to their team.

PvP: still part of the meta. Very strong in our role as roamers.

WvW: best roaming profession, period.

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

no

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

Thief is good in PvE, not the best, but you don’t really have to be the best in PvE since it’s so easy.

Thief will ALWAYS be viable in PvP/WvW because of its core theme of moving fast and hitting hard. No other class comes close to our combination of mobility and burst damage, it’s a role that only we are elite at.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Thief

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Thief is countered by like every popular build 1v1 by rolling your face on the keyboard but it’s extremely strong in group pvp so no.

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

The ability to +1 any fight in pvp will keep thieves in the game

wvw condi thieves are the most cancerous build.

in Thief

Posted by: Taiyetos.3260

Taiyetos.3260

Well if you read up on Stronghold it sounds like Thief is going to be pretty strong/OP.

FA

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

That is not true; i play wow and rogue are viable and not at bottom. Do research before point finger at another mmo game company profession. Last, Blizzard made rogue a challenge class; not like this non challenge “rogue thief” here. Even Square Enix Ninja profession is viable and challenge=fun. If Blizzard and Square Enix was in charge of Guild Wars 2, thief would be challenge class- with no 1-2 skill only class and Stealth always class and instant kill always class. In return; more player would return to game and more player would use more time to play Guild Wars 2 more.

Thief will never be at bottom tier because arena net believe thief is viable and challenge class. By time arena net realize thief is not viable and challenge class, it will be to late; player will leave and spend more time with other mmo game that is challenge and fun.

Example; some people people still believe earth is flat. What can you do? 2 things-

1. Believe them and waste all your time and blame everybody for your mistake after you find truth.
2. Leave them or use more time to find truth and when find truth; use rest time to explore beauty of life and it challenge.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

That is not true; i play wow and rogue are viable and not at bottom. Do research before point finger at another mmo game company profession. Last, Blizzard made rogue a challenge class; not like this non challenge “rogue thief” here. Even Square Enix Ninja profession is viable and challenge=fun. If Blizzard and Square Enix was in charge of Guild Wars 2, thief would be challenge class- with no 1-2 skill only class and Stealth always class and instant kill always class. In return; more player would return to game and more player would use more time to play Guild Wars 2 more.

Thief will never be at bottom tier because arena net believe thief is viable and challenge class. By time arena net realize thief is not viable and challenge class, it will be to late; player will leave and spend more time with other mmo game that is challenge and fun.

Example; some people people still believe earth is flat. What can you do? 2 things-

1. Believe them and waste all your time and blame everybody for your mistake after you find truth.
2. Leave them or use more time to find truth and when find truth; use rest time to explore beauty of life and it challenge.

Hey, did you watch that counter pressure video I linked in the other thread yet?

Here’s the link again so you don’t have to go searching for it again :

Phantrupt Asskicker CS Interrupt vs Thief: http://youtu.be/Iz3vb8fBIoY

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

^Oh hey Robin (Jeska here)

Anyway, thief inherently has mechanics that are generally broken, such as:
- Instant ports that ignore LOS
- Insane mobility
- Highest evasion uptime possible
- On-demand stealth combined with high burst (and stealth making you largely immune to anything that isnt a channel/melee cleave)
- Instant interrupt that ignores stab

As long as it has even a few of these mechanics, it will ALWAYS be top-tier for a roaming role at the highest skill levels. Right now, thief is the closest it has ever been to balanced in pvp due to high-sustain by other classes making thieves less dominant in 1v1’s (which is balanced given the mobility to force outnumbered fights). It currently has a pretty high skill floor (bad thieves now are REALLY bad), and will always have a high skill-cap.

Also, ignore most of the thieves whining about “being the most-nerfed class,” as the class is still top-tier at the roles it plays. Also, many “nerfs” that happened were accompanied by serious buffs in other ways that kept builds near the top but less broken. Most of these complaints come from bad thieves who relied on being OP to carry them while playing at a low level, while high-level players just shake their head and learn to adapt and thrive.

Disclaimer: Every class has SOME mechanics like this, so I am not trying to say “OMG pls nerf now.” (Even though I abhor SA thieves b/c it is so little risk for its reward outside of conquest).

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

^Oh hey Robin (Jeska here)

Anyway, thief inherently has mechanics that are generally broken, such as:
- Instant ports that ignore LOS
- Insane mobility
- Highest evasion uptime possible
- On-demand stealth combined with high burst (and stealth making you largely immune to anything that isnt a channel/melee cleave)
- Instant interrupt that ignores stab

As long as it has even a few of these mechanics, it will ALWAYS be top-tier for a roaming role at the highest skill levels. Right now, thief is the closest it has ever been to balanced in pvp due to high-sustain by other classes making thieves less dominant in 1v1’s (which is balanced given the mobility to force outnumbered fights). It currently has a pretty high skill floor (bad thieves now are REALLY bad), and will always have a high skill-cap.

Also, ignore most of the thieves whining about “being the most-nerfed class,” as the class is still top-tier at the roles it plays. Also, many “nerfs” that happened were accompanied by serious buffs in other ways that kept builds near the top but less broken. Most of these complaints come from bad thieves who relied on being OP to carry them while playing at a low level, while high-level players just shake their head and learn to adapt and thrive.

Disclaimer: Every class has SOME mechanics like this, so I am not trying to say “OMG pls nerf now.” (Even though I abhor SA thieves b/c it is so little risk for its reward outside of conquest).

Hey!

Generally I agree. I like where thief is right now, except that a few skills/traits could use a few tweaks and buffs like Deathblossom, traps, and venoms (which need to have different CD’s based on the effect ). S/D is a little boring for me, so I’m still mainly using D/D even in pvp. The devs seem to like where we are right now too cause we’ve dodged the nerf bat the last couple of rounds (or we hid in SR). I have in the past and probably will continue in the future complain about thief nerfs, but they would probably have to redesign the entire class before I stopped playing it. I like the highly mobile glass cannon style of play. I don’t think every nerf has been accompanied by a buff somewhere else but it certainly has raised the skill floor, which is something I have grown to not mind.

Cya around!

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Mediocre troll 4/10.

in Thief

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I wish venoms not basilisk and our traps were better.

in Thief

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

No. We have been nerfed a lot since launch, but it looks like it has sort of stopped. Thief provide lots of utility and very high dps in PvE! Well played thieves can be a real asset to their team.

could you tell me what kind of utility a thief gives in pve?

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

like thief gonna get nerfs soon again like rogues over n over

Yeah, more than likely. Especially when people hear the new spec for thiefs, they will kitten their pants and cry for nerfs.
(regardless of what the spec is and does.)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Venom share screw you

in Thief

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Thief is fine.

/15 char

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in Thief

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Blasts (lots)
Blind
Party Invisibility
some reflects and a projectile block
AoE Rez field

I dont thief in pve, but those are just some that i can think of off the top of my head.

Ida

in Thief

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

If anything, I think thieves are going to get a lot of sideways tweaks. They’re in the nightmarish position of being awful to play against (condi builds and/or perma stealth) while not being too far off in terms of balance. They’ll probably be changed to have more interaction with other players.

in Thief

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Blasts (lots)
Blind
Party Invisibility
some reflects and a projectile block
AoE Rez field

I dont thief in pve, but those are just some that i can think of off the top of my head.

And you can add defiant stack management.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD