roaming builds with sustain?

in Thief

Posted by: DenimChicken.8639

DenimChicken.8639

has anyone found some good power roaming builds that focus a little more on survivability rather than just 1 combo wombo’ing people? I’m getting annoyed of the playstyle of “wombo combo someone, then run around like a little kitten so you dont get annihalated by aoe spam”. I know it’s the lifestyle of thief, but i just want the dmg/suvivability ratio that I had pre-power creep/trait changes.

I’ve tried a few builds like using some soldiers and valk gear with daredevil runes + crit strikes (instead of DA) for perma fury to accomodate lower crit chance, but meh.

Im thinking of trying marauder/valk gear + exuberance runes or something like that…try to get at least 18k hp in the hopes that I’ll have at least SOME survivability and I won’t die to people sneezing on me.

Anyone have any suggestions or builds?

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

DA/DD/TR D/P with pack runes, revealed training, bound, channeled vigor (with reduced CD), and escapist’s absolution. It’s a mix between sustain and burst combos. Use channeled vigor to maintain dodges and use those dodges to clear condis, buy time when needed with stealth, and to maintain the power boost from revealed training.

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVn8lCFOhNOBmOB8PhFaCzLM8FKDaBgJUEYOD2BHhA-TpBEABmXGwgTAQO7PQwDAw9DBAAHBAA

This would be the sPvP version. There’s plenty to perhaps be switched around, like taking blood sigil over fire, impact strike over basi venom, impairing daggers or bandit’s defense over assassin’s signet, and improv over executioner. WvW should make this build more interesting because of how easy it is to overhaul damage with food and bloodlust from NPCs.

(edited by rennlc.7346)

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaVl0MhCnYpTw3Jw/ELUF1c1/9jfXPFABpXGkClAA-TlCEQB+T9HC8EAkiSH3pNAgnAAzpDIH7PsFlgMRZEAOEABAQAM0JO0JO0J2EnYSciFCQwWA-w

This is what I’m running for S/P atm, it works just as well with D/P though. Acro was originally taken to make up for not taking dash, but it’s a surprisingly good line defensively and I still do plenty of damage while being able to kite two players. I tried scrapper runes, they work nicely too.

I use exuberance runes on my mesmer and I have 2.85k power, 23k health, 45% crit chance and 202% crit damage without furious maintenance oils, it should work nicely for thief too. Try marauder weapons, a mix of valk, zerk and marauder armor with zerker/valk trinkets, you should be able to hit 20 health.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

There are a lot of options. I prefer running mara/sold/zerk, something like that with daredevil runes. Go for around 2.4k armor, 17kish hp. You won’t need much crit chance but go for around 40%. If you want to be more of a bruiser type, run DA/DD/TR. Weakness uptime will be your friend. If you want to be slippery, run Acro instead of DA. You could also try something with defender runes and bandit’s defense. But you just wanna aim for those stats and go from there. Mix and match how you want.

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

has anyone found some good power roaming builds that focus a little more on survivability rather than just 1 combo wombo’ing people? I’m getting annoyed of the playstyle of “wombo combo someone, then run around like a little kitten so you dont get annihalated by aoe spam”. I know it’s the lifestyle of thief, but i just want the dmg/suvivability ratio that I had pre-power creep/trait changes.

I’ve tried a few builds like using some soldiers and valk gear with daredevil runes + crit strikes (instead of DA) for perma fury to accomodate lower crit chance, but meh.

Im thinking of trying marauder/valk gear + exuberance runes or something like that…try to get at least 18k hp in the hopes that I’ll have at least SOME survivability and I won’t die to people sneezing on me.

1) you need two people to wombo combo
2) one of them can’t be Falco
3) If you’re running now, adding menial defense won’t mean you don’t still have to run

Fishsticks

in Thief

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

My thief build: http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-thief-condition-build/

Pretty hard to kill it if played right because you’re stealth 24/7.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in Thief

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

oh good lord, not this ebola build

little big wizard – Eu

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

in Thief

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

I mixed in some soldiers/knights + run dodge food and agility sig + dash. I’m near invulnerable unless I make a pretty heavy mistake. I can still land some solid backstabs too. I can stun break/block and then dash 6 or 7 times while dropping stealth if things get really hot.

I run dp and pp. Less mobility and blast finisher than sb but 4 unloads on some poor reaper will generally just destroy them unless they have help.

Definitely not meta but tons of fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

I know it’s silly to say but it took a while for me to really realize but the best “sustain” that we have is getting out of combat and just healing back up. With our mobility in WvW this is surprisingly easy even if you are blobbing. Just drop back for a couple seconds then reengage.

in Thief

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

I run something like this in WvW when I roam, it’s very standard

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWFn8lCFmilOBGOhFYCTLBEAyAzhwRYL0LNcGaDA-TFTDQBL4CAKBBgJo8p+D2MxEPdBVRZAVUacgHAwAOCAS4QAkQlY+b/BBAtA-w

But I run around with 2600armor + Scrapper runes, which makes you take a little punishment and not die in 2 hits when making a mistake.
That with all those dodges granted by 3 base / 2 more from heal / more dodges from Agility signet grants you quite a lot of survivability.

I run Staff because I have more fun with it, but I guess D/P is fine too, changing a couple traits (like pulmonary)

I’ve roamed with Scapper, condi engi, tempest/ele, warrior… yet I find the above build the safest build I’ve touched out of them all considering the fact that you still deal tons of dmg.
Like the above poster said, tankyness comes only so far, the rest is getting in and out of the fight using thieves mobility for sustain.

little big wizard – Eu

(edited by atreyu.9624)

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaWn0MBFOhFmCmOBkmildCzbKsFuCzJwH4FcLAUbOQA-TVCEABA8AA2SJY2nAgKOEAZp8DS1fi7IAs/+DupPgUAjKyC-w

2700+ armor close to 18k life. Very good condition cleanse and IP can be swapped up with no quarter for more punch. The precision is high and crit at 195 percent (before no quarter) Use the PP to stack some might to address the slightly lower power.

UC/Weakening/ scrappers gives excellent mitigation mated with that high armor and the 10 percent damage reduction food lays over top of that.

in Thief

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

play condi or s/d if you got bored of d/p playstile.

in Thief

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

oh good lord, not this ebola build

Made my day lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds