100Blades equals 100Boring.

in Warrior

Posted by: conflict.6539

conflict.6539

Anet, can you please redo all of the warriors weapon skills? Its so boring to be pigeoned holed into a certain weapon. Nerf its damage for all I care but make some viable weapon options, besides greatsword please.

Great Sword; pretty much keep as is, but either increase 100B recast time, or lower its damage, in conjunction with increasing the base damage the auto attack does, to make it more balanced.

Rifle; pretty much the same as Great sword, but instead give rifle, longbows auto attack (two shots) instead of a bleed as it doesnt fit in with the weapon type (single target direct damage)

Longbow; give us a trait that reduces its activation times by 20%, move Rifles bleed to longbows autoattack, so you can make this a bleed based weapon.

Axe, make it a viable direct damage counterpart to greatsword, whirling axe should come close to 100b damage.

swords; get rid of the block, bleed stacking shouldnt be a chore, blocks should be on mace.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Bladetrail is the same, it doesn’t explain how the warrior can magically get his sword back, it would be cooler if you just smashed the ground and crippled them. (using arcing slices animation.)

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Well… warriors are kings of PvE and it looks like the whole class was designed around that part of the game,

In PvP are by far the easiest prey you can find, if you are half brained to avoid the bull’s charge,

In my opinion, (my main is a necromancer, so i’m not a fanboy), they need a huge improvment in this aspect of the game,

100b is only viable against stoned players,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

So… about 25-33% of players? That’s not too bad, I guess…

The only warrior weapons I don’t see frequently are mace and sword (except for mobility purposes)… not too many longbows, rifles seem to have been dwindling a bit, but the others I see fairly regularly in all formats.

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I find it highly inane that they stuck the condition damage auto-attack on rifles, which are otherwise all about direct damage, and stuck the direct auto-attack on longbow, which is more or less about setting things on fire. Seriously, unless you feel like letting me have an extra set of stats to do both things as well as I can, let me choose one.

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Even using Moa Morph is more fun than greatsword/rifle.

Attachments:

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Warrior

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Hahahahahahaha,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Warrior

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

MH axe is already a viable PvE alternative to greatsword. I think it’s better in most situations, since its damage isn’t so reliant on self roots and spinning into nearby walls.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I find it highly inane that they stuck the condition damage auto-attack on rifles, which are otherwise all about direct damage, and stuck the direct auto-attack on longbow, which is more or less about setting things on fire. Seriously, unless you feel like letting me have an extra set of stats to do both things as well as I can, let me choose one.

Simple. Because Rifle isn’t a direct damage weapon and Longbow isn’t a condition weapon. Rifle is a single target weapon and Longbow is an AoE weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

swords; get rid of the block, bleed stacking shouldnt be a chore, blocks should be on mace.

Just because it isn’t good for you doesn’t mean it is good for others. You don’t know how many war I mean professions got messed up over this one attack in pvp.

Pineapples

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

Simple. Because Rifle isn’t a direct damage weapon and Longbow isn’t a condition weapon. Rifle is a single target weapon and Longbow is an AoE weapon.

There wasn’t a question in that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Streamline.4085

Streamline.4085

Don’t nerf warrior. Just bring everything up to GS quality. All we have is damage with our lack of utilities and tricks. Tired of seeing thieves doing more damage than us. Their job is is to sneak around and use utilities. We should be the big damage dealers, people should be scared when we get close. Hard enough as it is to get into melee range, do damage and get out without dying. If you’re complaining about pve, what does it even matter. Mobs don’t care what you use to kill them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Was describing why you’d find it inane. You want Rifle to be a direct damage weapon and Longbow a condition weapon when both are more hybrids.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

Was describing why you’d find it inane. You want Rifle to be a direct damage weapon and Longbow a condition weapon when both are more hybrids.

Yes… but it’s not really news, since this is exactly the problem I have with them. Or rather, the way it’s done is. You can have conditions – even damaging ones – on weapons that overall see greater benefit from stats boosting direct damage, like the poison my thief’s dagger applies, and they can still be useful. Even if I don’t specialize in conditions, poison reduces the enemy’s heal effectiveness, and so it’s worth having. Similarly, weakness on the mace reduces damage output from an enemy inflicted with it.

Bleeding on the other hand is just a source of damage. Thanks to Precise Strikes I don’t even need it for Attack of Opportunity. Yet, bleeding makes up most of the auto-attack’s damage potential – and it provides no added benefit, nor do other skills on the weapon benefit from +condition damage. It has utilities (knockback, cripple), a debuff that only works for direct damage, and attacks that only deal direct damage.

This is less of a problem for the bow (thanks, fire fields!) but even so, it’s annoying that we can choose one or the other in cases like swords and axes (or even mix them on purpose if we wanted to, though I’m not sure how many sword and axe builds are out there), but then get some needlessly confused weapons for our sole ranged options.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Bladetrail is the same, it doesn’t explain how the warrior can magically get his sword back,

i wanna shoot lasers from my sword

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Anet, can you please redo all of the warriors weapon skills? Its so boring to be pigeoned holed into a certain weapon. Nerf its damage for all I care but make some viable weapon options, besides greatsword please.

Great Sword; pretty much keep as is, but either increase 100B recast time, or lower its damage, in conjunction with increasing the base damage the auto attack does, to make it more balanced.

This makes no sense your title says boring so you want a nerf to 100 blades but leave GS like it is BUT the big change you want is increase the damage of the auto attack (which it already does alot of damage) so you want to be able to stay on GS the whole time not switching weapons.

The problem with greatsword is the auto attack speed not its damage. It does alot of damage already. All the attacks on GS deal respectable damage some are bugged (rush) Blade trail can hit 5k easy if both parts hit. Damage on GS is fine. If you want to tweak it just make it moveable like fiery gs which is same animation as greatsword minus the last hit.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Warrior

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

Warriors do need more viable weapons. I prefer playing sword/warhorn, and don’t even like the greatsword. Still, I tend to run with greatsword more often than not, since doing anything else would be gimping myself. I do feel that I am being forced into a weapon choice that I would not have freely made if all choices were even closing to being equal.

Anet originally hyped the warrior as the master of weapons, with the most weapon choices at his call. This has failed miserably. The warrior really only has one weapon choice in higher pve, two choices in wvw, and nothing for spvp.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

Bladetrail is the same, it doesn’t explain how the warrior can magically get his sword back,

i wanna shoot lasers from my sword

I think mesmers beat you to it.

in Warrior

Posted by: THEmeltor.7295

THEmeltor.7295

Axe is on par with Greatsword, as far as damage goes.

Off-hand mace brings some great skills but MH Mace leaves much to be desired because it’s slow speed means low DPS (Warrior’s main contribution in PvE and elsewhere).

MH Sword is underrated, but it could use a little boost in damage to bring it on par with Axe, or a little bit closer at least. And it’s 3 skill is a little lackluster. I wish Sword 4/5 were more hybrid skills than pure condition skills. I love the block on 5 I just wish that off-hand sword looked more like MH sword…MH sword is a good hybrid power/condition weapon, while off-hand sword is focused pretty much solely on conditions. I guess you can get some decent damage out of 4’s sequence skill, but still wouldn’t mind having Sword 4/5 reworked somehow.

Hammer could probably use some slight tweaking but I think it’s pretty solid.

Really it’s just Mace and some slight tweaks to Sword and a couple of the off-hands that need work.

in Warrior

Posted by: BoOm.3657

BoOm.3657

Problems with 100blades? Hmmm… It’s my favorite type of warrior because he can be killed after 1 successful dodge (sometimes 2).

in Warrior

conflict.6539

Axe is on par with Greatsword, as far as damage goes.

Off-hand mace brings some great skills but MH Mace leaves much to be desired because it’s slow speed means low DPS (Warrior’s main contribution in PvE and elsewhere).

MH Sword is underrated, but it could use a little boost in damage to bring it on par with Axe, or a little bit closer at least. And it’s 3 skill is a little lackluster. I wish Sword 4/5 were more hybrid skills than pure condition skills. I love the block on 5 I just wish that off-hand sword looked more like MH sword…MH sword is a good hybrid power/condition weapon, while off-hand sword is focused pretty much solely on conditions. I guess you can get some decent damage out of 4’s sequence skill, but still wouldn’t mind having Sword 4/5 reworked somehow.

Hammer could probably use some slight tweaking but I think it’s pretty solid.

Really it’s just Mace and some slight tweaks to Sword and a couple of the off-hands that need work.

Saying Axe is on par with GS doesnt mean its really true. There is nothing on par with GS by a long way. What can Axe do that generates 40K + every six seconds? Nothing. I have seen someone get 14k with eviscerate with everything being ideal, and it takes more than 6 seconds to get full adrenaline. GS every 6 seconds can over a 3 second channel deliver much much more (last hit that someone got was 47k so the rest of the hits had to equal total about 100k maybe more). No weapon can do that, other than the GS. Why do you think so many people who play warriors are almost exclusively GS/Rifle? Its boring, I want more variety, as in I want my other weapons to post those numbers, not to mention the utility of the weapon set. You got a hard hitting aoe evade, a range snare and a high damage gap closer (admittedly buggy), and an autoattack that builds vulnerability.

in Warrior

conflict.6539

Problems with 100blades? Hmmm… It’s my favorite type of warrior because he can be killed after 1 successful dodge (sometimes 2).

Exactly, our BEST damage skill by far, is easily dodge able in pvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

GS every 6 seconds can over a 3 second channel deliver much much more (last hit that someone got was 47k so the rest of the hits had to equal total about 100k maybe more).

Im not sure i understand you completely here. The final number you see in the 100b channel is the total damage done by the channel, not just the final strike. So 100b will never hit 100k+ unless there are special buffs involved (the overheated buff in the ice fractal final boss for example_

Dr Winston | [DnT]

in Warrior

conflict.6539

GS every 6 seconds can over a 3 second channel deliver much much more (last hit that someone got was 47k so the rest of the hits had to equal total about 100k maybe more).

Im not sure i understand you completely here. The final number you see in the 100b channel is the total damage done by the channel, not just the final strike. So 100b will never hit 100k+ unless there are special buffs involved (the overheated buff in the ice fractal final boss for example_

Oh, that makes more sense, still what in axe can equal 47k damage?

in Warrior

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Well my warrior is full zerker with all ascended trinkets and the max 100b I’ve hit is 48k~ on a boss. My axe hits for about 4k~ on auto attacks which is still about half the DPS (3.6 sec chain, 6 hits= 24k (just using wiki)) of 100b BUT has no cd. If you stay on GS the whole time then i still think axes is better since 100b will drop off due to its 6.5 sec cooldown and the fact that the GS auto attack has really low DPS. So axe is more sustain and GS is more burst from what I’ve seen. Both viable for DPS.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

in Warrior

conflict.6539

Well my warrior is full zerker with all ascended trinkets and the max 100b I’ve hit is 48k~ on a boss. My axe hits for about 4k~ on auto attacks which is still about half the DPS (3.6 sec chain, 6 hits= 24k (just using wiki)) of 100b BUT has no cd. If you stay on GS the whole time then i still think axes is better since 100b will drop off due to its 6.5 sec cooldown and the fact that the GS auto attack has really low DPS. So axe is more sustain and GS is more burst from what I’ve seen. Both viable for DPS.

I stand corrected, im going to give axe/mace a shot. Thanks.

in Warrior

Yamsandjams.3267

The weapons also differ in the types of conditions they apply. Rifle gets bleed, vuln, and cripple, whereas longbow gets burning, blind, and immobilize… I suppose longbow also gets bleed now too though.

I like how they have them set up though. It gives you a different aspect of looking at them rather than condition weapon vs. damage weapon, focusing more on the other aspects the abilities have. Longbow has a blast finisher and the fire combo field, rifle has a knockback and superior range… but you can make them both work for you without having to pick based on what type of damage you focus on.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

Rifles actually have worse range than bows due to the trait and the weird way that arrows work. If you take one of each and stand just at the point its range stops (shoot a stationary target of course) and just move a little further back with each shot, making them fire manually, the bow can keep hitting for longer.

Though ATM the trait is a slight damage nerf because they apparently forgot to give that 10% autoattack buff to the traited version of the skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Definitely big NO to that. Off hand sword #5 should keep its blocking ability which is very useful indeed. Besides blocking suits the style of sword much better than mace. (try to block with a mace in real life, but I have been doing some fencing lessons and sword is good for parry / repel etc).

If Arenanet wants to make sword a more viable weapon and have it seen also used in competitive play, here are few ideas:
- reduce sword #3, hamstring, cooldown to 10 s. (axe #3 does also cripple, has 900 range and just 10 s cooldown). This would have very little effect in pve, because hamstring does so little damage. Axe #3 would still be better.
- slightly reduce the direct damage of final strike (end of sword auto-attack chain), but make it either inflict poison or vulnerability. This would make condition warriors much more viable as they desperately need some conditions to cover those bleed stacks which are easily removed
- Dual Wielding strength line master trait is underpowered e.g. compare it with slashing power. Same trait line and 20 trait points. The former gives 5% more damage, while the latter gives 10%. This is one more reason why most warriors use greatsword and spear. Dual wielding should also give 10% more damage when wielding off-hand mace, axe or sword. Or even better, not increase the damage, but reduce the cooldown of those off-hand weapons by 20%, to allow the off-hand skills use more often.

Bleeding stacking has never been a problem for warrior, both sword and rifle are very efficient at pumping then and combine that with precise strikes. I can easily get 25 stacks on enemy using my warrior. The problem is that in pvp or WvWvW those bleeds are removed so easily.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Warrior

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

Not even all of us

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

The only warrior weapons I don’t see frequently are mace and sword (except for mobility purposes)… not too many longbows, rifles seem to have been dwindling a bit, but the others I see fairly regularly in all formats.

I play Mainhand Mace for tanking. I would like a buff to it, but I like the defense. The counter blow skill need a revamp to something both more offensive and defensive. the current form is ok, but need shorter cool down or something if it remains as is.

in Warrior

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

You forgot hammer and mace dude… havent tried mace so much, but i recently started playing on my warrior again with a “tanky” hammer build.

Running frontline in WvW. Holy kitten how fun it is! Critting for 3-4k with a tank build, so much AOE knockdown… Most underrated warrior weapon ever. Heck, even in dungeons. I am able to keep the mobs unable to attack for quite a few seconds with the 2 second knockdown, 2 second knockback and stun with the adrenalin attack. Thats like 5-6 seconds of the enemy doing nothing. If we got a good group thats enough for us to kill most mobs.

in Warrior

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

Rifle; pretty much the same as Great sword, but instead give rifle, longbows auto attack (two shots) instead of a bleed as it doesnt fit in with the weapon type (single target direct damage)

Longbow; give us a trait that reduces its activation times by 20%, move Rifles bleed to longbows autoattack, so you can make this a bleed based weapon.

Axe, make it a viable direct damage counterpart to greatsword, whirling axe should come close to 100b damage.

These suggestions don’t begin to resolve the problems with the warrior class. The changes you suggest would still leave most of our burst skills worthless; we would still be hoarding our adreneline rather than spending it. We would still have no built-in condition removal and no defensive boons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowwaka.1952

Shadowwaka.1952

I like the idea of putting the other weapons on par with the greatsword. My main gripe against the greatsword is it’s “I do everything better” set of skills.
-Hundred Blades is….. well hundred blades, idk how else to say it XD
-The 3 skill (sorry, I can’t remember the name) does really good damage, gives evade, and could be used to close distances, while the sword’s Savage Leap doesn’t grant evade and has less damage
-The 4 skill is a ranged attack that cripples like the axe’s 3 but also hits twice
-The 5 skill is another gap closer that too has far greater damage than the sword’s 2 (Understandable tho since it’s the 5 skill XD)

I guess what I’m saying is the other weapons need to be better in their supposed expert areas. At the moment the greatsword does what the sword and axe do, but better in every way, which is probably why many people love using it.

Do gotta say though that I’m a sword fanboy, so I am kinda sour towards the greatsword (why u better then meh sword :P)

in Warrior

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Pretty much every weapon set a warrior can take is viable in pve. Most are still viable in pvp, it just takes an appropriate approach to using the weapon and adjusting play style/ team comp to take advantage of your build.

in Warrior

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I would go for the less damage 100b if that means I can move during it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

The only reason GS does so much damage is the trait support it has. Axe also has some nice traits, but they’re not built around max damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Ask anet to speed quickness back up to 100% and warrior will be viable again

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Warrior

Yamsandjams.3267

Ask anet to speed quickness back up to 100% and warrior will be viable again

If the viability of warrior was solely dependent on the old quickness speed, then it was never viable in the first place.

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Anet, can you please redo all of the warriors weapon skills? Its so boring to be pigeoned holed into a certain weapon

See… the problem with forums is that anyone can comment… Anyone.

In turn, the problem with that is that most people have absolutely no earthly idea what they’re talking about.

You’re not “pidgeoned holed” (sic) into Greatsword. I don’t use Greatsword in any PvP variant, and I’ve only been using it in PvE lately because I can, and I like the absurd overkill of 100 blades + WW. I frequently use different weapon sets, including MH sword and axe, and off-hand shield, sword and axe (haven’t bothered with a warhorn yet because I don’t like them visually). You don’t need greatsword. But it is a good weapon.

Yes, in PvE GS is second to none. This has been demonstrated over and over again. AI doesn’t dodge HB, and having a second source of dodge that also does high damage and has a low cooldown is priceless. That doesn’t mean that the other weapons are bad, simply that GS is ridiculously good. You’re more than on par with any other class using, for example, dual axes or axe/mace, axe/shield.

In PvP (and btw that includes s/tPvP and WvW) GS is your main mobility weapon, but you can easily sub in a one handed sword instead for better overall damage (since HB is nigh useless in PvP) and a bit less mobility. And yes, it works as a power weapon. Personally it’s one of my weapons of choice in PvP, since it has good mobility, decent DPS, a ridiculous root as its burst, and lets me carry a shield as well.

In PvP you may even not carry either, if, instead, you favor a more methodic ranged approach first, and use melee as a fall back. Rifle and Axe/shield is a personal favorite of mine.

If you don’t know how to use the other weapons that’s your problem.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Definitely big NO to that. Off hand sword #5 should keep its blocking ability which is very useful indeed. Besides blocking suits the style of sword much better than mace. (try to block with a mace in real life, but I have been doing some fencing lessons and sword is good for parry / repel etc).

If Arenanet wants to make sword a more viable weapon and have it seen also used in competitive play, here are few ideas:
- reduce sword #3, hamstring, cooldown to 10 s. (axe #3 does also cripple, has 900 range and just 10 s cooldown). This would have very little effect in pve, because hamstring does so little damage. Axe #3 would still be better.
- slightly reduce the direct damage of final strike (end of sword auto-attack chain), but make it either inflict poison or vulnerability. This would make condition warriors much more viable as they desperately need some conditions to cover those bleed stacks which are easily removed
- Dual Wielding strength line master trait is underpowered e.g. compare it with slashing power. Same trait line and 20 trait points. The former gives 5% more damage, while the latter gives 10%. This is one more reason why most warriors use greatsword and spear. Dual wielding should also give 10% more damage when wielding off-hand mace, axe or sword. Or even better, not increase the damage, but reduce the cooldown of those off-hand weapons by 20%, to allow the off-hand skills use more often.

Bleeding stacking has never been a problem for warrior, both sword and rifle are very efficient at pumping then and combine that with precise strikes. I can easily get 25 stacks on enemy using my warrior. The problem is that in pvp or WvWvW those bleeds are removed so easily.

haha dual swords is more officiant in pvp then pve(yet still not as good as other weapons). i can just 100b and whirlwind and kill tons of mobs way faster with bigger aoe then those fail swords lololol

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748