Can you make us 15k HP?

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Give us some decent sustain after that? Tired of the excuses.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

Its time. It would be great to even hear a plan, anything from devs…

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

@ Daecollo, although i may agree but Warriors will become a redundant class with similar passive sustain as guardians

I want warriors to explore a variety of counters, take downs, and disarms for more active defense. I hope this is a middle way. Of course, warriors need a way to deal with those pesky aoe attacks

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

@ Daecollo, although i may agree but Warriors will become a redundant class with similar passive sustain as guardians

I want warriors to explore a variety of counters, take downs, and disarms for more active defense. I hope this is a middle way. Of course, warriors need a way to deal with those pesky aoe attacks

Sorry, but this is an AOE game and Disarm would do nothing to help us.

Disarm one person? Lol. Five attack you and your dead instantly because you have no sustain/evades/ways to protect yourself.

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

loseridoit.2756

Disarm one person? Lol. Five attack you and your dead instantly because you have no sustain/evades/ways to protect yourself.

yea i know, disarm is kinda a dueling skill. I wonder if we can theory craft new abilities that will be useful for a warrior against multiple opponents

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

yea i know, disarm is kinda a dueling skill. I wonder if we can theory craft new abilities that will be useful for a warrior against multiple opponents

Disarm is good in a game with healers or someone who needs instantly shut down, however this game is an AOE point control game, disarm is only really good for 1v1, which almost none of the game is about, PvE bosses would just be immune to it.

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

loseridoit.2756

Disarm is good in a game with healers or someone who needs instantly shut down, however this game is an AOE point control game, disarm is only really good for 1v1, which almost none of the game is about, PvE bosses would just be immune to it.

i usually try to spend time and wonder about neat tricks to add to skills

sometimes i think about the warrior elite rampage. It is lots of fun to use but it always feel so squishy at times. #4 could be an aoe knockdown and dash is a more reckless skill which causes the user to run the full distance but hitting walls will cause splash damage to nearby enemies

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’ll say it once and I’ll say it a million times more – Warriors would be a perfectly viable class if AoE was toned down in PvP/WvW. Buffing us will simply add more power creep to the game.

Changes like giving Marks an activation time after being place to allow for dodges, or making it so that placing it directly under a target doesn’t activate it so that they have to be place where their target is GOING to be, making it more like Engis grenades would make Condis require more skill you use. Most hard hitting condi abilities should be made skill shots so that it’s more difficult that simply hitting tab and rolling your face on the keys.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

I’ll say it once and I’ll say it a million times more – Warriors would be a perfectly viable class if AoE was toned down in PvP/WvW. Buffing us will simply add more power creep to the game.

Lol, obviously all balance is relative, and yes if other class were not as powerful then warriors would not be so weak.

I was running in an all thief + me group today, one of the thiefs had only 11k hps and i kept waiting to see them pop instantly, but they did fine. Big hp pool does not do alot of good in a game with no healers, no diminishing returns on cc and tons of dots/aoe.

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

How about they give us a trait for 30% damage reduction to AoE? Seen it in other mmo’s.

Shuriyo

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Disarm one person? Lol. Five attack you and your dead instantly

Not an argument. If those 5 are halfway capable, you are dead anyway. Warriors can bock Shield Stance, Endure Pain, Berserker Stance etc. It doesn’t win you the fight but it buys several seconds which is about the same other classes can do AND unlike stealth or invul, you can still cap points while under any of the mentioned effects (if i’m not mistaken).

Also, if you’re not into capping points, you also got superior mobility. Just yesterday a guildmate and me (both mesmers, he condi, i shatter) were fighting a D/D ele and a warrior (sword + something else, don’t remember). It was MUCH easier for us to focus on the ele since the warrior lead us on a merry chase everytime he was halfway low.

Only lowering base HP won’t do much. You (warriors) also got the best armor, mobility, damage and CCs in the game. Something like frequent access protection could instantly make the class OP. And, actually, lately our WvW roaming group consists of mainly Warriors because they are actually extremely strong.

And now, if you would flame me, please

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

And medium armor..its does fit war theme more than heavy

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Now that would be a wonderful way to kitten off a crapton of people.

But honestly I wouldn’t want that. The only medium armor set that I find to be to my liking was Pirate, which I already got in full on my Thief. And even that doesn’t look good with most dyes.

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Now that would be a wonderful way to kitten off a crapton of people.

But honestly I wouldn’t want that. The only medium armor set that I find to be to my liking was Pirate, which I already got in full on my Thief. And even that doesn’t look good with most dyes.

I know..my main race is charr

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

No. End of story bro

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

No. End of story bro

Why not?

The thief has less than 15k hp, no deffskills and do less dmg with the same gear/traits.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

No. End of story bro

Why not?

The thief has less than 15k hp, no deffskills and do less dmg with the same gear/traits.

Good for them. Still no

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

High hp + Berserker stance is like the one thing that makes me go toe to toe with the condi engi/necros in tpvp.
Heck according to my necro friend i’m alot harder to deal with than any ele he have faced(pretty much killed every ele in the top teams EU pre necro buffs).

Warrior is not bad at all in tpvp anymore.. sure abit pidgeon holed with traits but w/e we can be viable if we want to

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

I like this Billy guy.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I wonder if they can actually play off their weakness a little bit.

something like “For each nearby foe, you gain 20% faster endurance regeneration”

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Being.7928

Being.7928

Our heals is what needs to be looked at.

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Warrior its not going to be fixed people, you should realize that by now, move to another class or leave the game, you just need to see the face the devs do when they mention warrior in the SOTG show.

The more people stop playing warrior, maybe , maybe they will do something, but if you continue playing something broken, they will let stay that way, because you still play it.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

this.

I have no idea why this didn’t make it to the ballance changes.

Shuriyo

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Black Teagan.9215

Um what!

You can heal with Healing Surge 8,5k hp, that is one of the best healskill in this game.
Ok it has an cd of 30, but on the other hand have you the best base hp (after necro) and more as enough skill to reduce incoming dmg to 0.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Um what!

You can heal with Healing Surge 8,5k hp, that is one of the best healskill in this game.
Ok it has an cd of 30, but on the other hand have you the best base hp (after necro) and more as enough skill to reduce incoming dmg to 0.

It also has no profitable side effect as to get the 8440 heal, you already need to be at full adrenaline, thus making the adrenaline recharge moot.

Now for comparison, we have the following:

• Signet of Resolve has an excellent passive, almost equal base healing, all for a measly 10s increase in cooldown. And it scales better with Healing Power, to boot.
  • Consume Conditions which is kinda like our Mending, except with better condition removal, better effect and better overall heals.

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Um what!

/facepalm

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

loseridoit.2756

i always wonder about this question

since healing is usually 1/4 – 1/3 of the toon health bar

how much health does a warrioir need to be viable. i am thinking of the extreme end to daecollp suggestion

i vote 60k health

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Darx.6798

Darx.6798

Give me the HP of a reinforced wall!!!

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Black Teagan.9215

how much health does a warrioir need to be viable. i am thinking of the extreme end to daecollp suggestion

i vote 60k health

Good question.
Many people seem to think, that a healskill must heal xx% from the max hp.
No wonder, that they say the warriorhealskills are weak.

Which class heals more with her first healskill?

Warrior: Healing Surge heals 5,240 till 8,440 from 18k BH = 29,11% till 46,889%
or
Thief : Hide in Shadows heals 5,760 from 10k BH =57,6%

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

loseridoit.2756

i vote 60k health

Good question.

or

you dont get my joke either……

warriors naturally take more damage and in fact they are designed to get hit once awhile. unfornately, skill player exploit flaws in warriors design by delivering powerful burst

my joke is how much more health they need before they become viable

Can you make us 15k HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Good question.

or

The problem is that a Warrior will take more damage than a Thief will. More damage than most classes will actually.

Lets compare a Warrior to a Thief, assuming identical skill level, and gear.
Warrior has slightly more armor, resulting in about 4% more damage redux, which is being generous. Thief has their stealth mechanic, plus easy access to blind spamming. It’s hard to put a % damage reduction on that, but I’d say it easily weighs in up in the 30% range. So a warrior will take 4% less damage as a result of their heavy armor, while a thief will take ~30% less due to vanishing and blinding.

Lets compare Warrior to Ele. Again, Heavy vs Light, probably a 6% difference in favor of Warrior. Ele has solid access to protection for 33% with high uptime, and really powerful water skills to heal, supplementing their #6.

Warrior vs Guardian. Both have heavy armor. Warrior has no bonus there. Guard has the same as ele, high protection uptime, powerful healing abilities to supplement #6.

Sustain is the ability to mitigate, evade, heal, or otherwise avoid and recover from damage at a constant rate.

What Warriors have is a HIGH HP POOL. This provides BURST SURVIVAL but NOT LONG TERM SUSTAIN. Having high HP but low recovery means that Warriors have a finite lifespan in battle.

Warrior is also the only class that needs to spec just to GET ACCESS to alternate healing (shout/banner). Every other class can spec to ENHANCE their already existent sustain methods.

Examples? Lets look at who has healing outside their #6, with a 0/0/0/0/0.

Guard: Virtues, some weapon attacks and utility skills provide healing, regen, and protection. They can spec for healing symbols, altruistic healing, attack-heals on greatsword, etc, to enhance their healing.

Ele: Water attune regen, water weapon skills such as staff, providing two heals which are also water fields (blasts cause additional healing), utility skills providing protection and regen. They can spec to boost the healing of their water skills, provide more regen, remove condis, etc.

Necro: The Death shroud bar can be built up, used to provide extra health, and built back up again, effectively making it both a powerful DPS tool and form of healing. They can also leech life in small amounts. They can spec to enhance shroud and life stealing.

Warrior: Some skills provide vigor in short bursts… yeah that’s pretty much it. Can spec for shout healing, or banner healing.